The Genesis Flood

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
Actually, you do have something to worry about.....if you spend your life more concerned about being right and escaping Hell to save your own skin,,,,,you are going to miss out on God's plan for your redemption - learning to love perfectly through the guidance of the HS.
You are totally contradicting yourself. If God is only love then there is no Hell. But I guess in this case YOU can make an exception to God's 'love' to please yourself. I don't think you believe much of the Bible Aspen. You have shown VERY little sign of it. You 'believe' only the parts you like. And that ain't much.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

You are totally contradicting yourself. If God is only love then there is no Hell. But I guess in this case YOU can make an exception to God's 'love' to please yourself. I don't think you believe much of the Bible Aspen. You have shown VERY little sign of it. You 'believe' only the parts you like. And that ain't much.

You have no idea what I believe about the Bible or Christianity or God because you cannot see past the image you have created of me in order to actually read what I have written in my posts.

Saying that Hell cannot exist because God is love shows me that you do not understand what Hell is.

Hell is a place for people who remain unredeemed. It is a place for people who refused to be justified and sanctified. It is a place for people who spent their lives as hedonists or moralists or using some other method to worship the Self rather than learning to love others perfectly.

Heaven will be closed to them because it will be a place without sin (perfect love) and they will not be able to exist in the presence of a Loving God. Hell is simply the place they will be sent to escape the torture of Heaven. Of course, it will be horrible, but in a strange way, it will also be a mercy.

It is strange to me to think that some people actually believe that God is going to be acting like a crazed maniac - taking every sin people do as personally as possible when He judges and sentences people to Hell for EVER!!!!! Give me a break! Must human judges don't take people crimes personally when they are sentencing them to prison - how much more merciful and secure in Himself is God going to be? God will still love the people who refused His love on Earth, but they made their choice to be separated from Him and He is not going to annihilate who they have chosen to be in order to force them to spend eternity with Him.

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
Aren't you the one who said Hell is God's mercy? I stand by my statement, you have created your own god to please and love you. He is not the God of the Bible.

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Aren't you the one who said Hell is God's mercy? I stand by my statement, you have created your own god to please and love you. He is not the God of the Bible.

Hell is indeed, God's mercy. If He was a cruel god as you believe, He would force unredeemed people to remain in His presence for eternity.

I worship the God of the Bible......there may be a good reason that you do not recognize Him as love. I completely believe that all citizens of Hell will view Him as cruel and punishing.

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
Hell is indeed, God's mercy. If He was a cruel god as you believe, He would force unredeemed people to remain in His presence for eternity.

I worship the God of the Bible......there may be a good reason that you do not recognize Him as love. I completely believe that all citizens of Hell will view Him as cruel and punishing.
You stated that God is ALL love. How can that be if there is a Hell? CONTRADICTION!

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

You stated that God is ALL love. How can that be if there is a Hell? CONTRADICTION!

Where's the CONTRADICTION?

I think you see a contradiction because you do not understand my post.

Sin is a sickness - Jesus provides the cure. Many people refuse the cure - eventually, based on their choice to refuse the cure, they will be quarantined. Where's the unloving part?

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
Where's the CONTRADICTION?
Almost everywhere!!!
I think you see a contradiction because you do not understand my post.

Sin is a sickness - Jesus provides the cure. Many people refuse the cure - eventually, based on their choice to refuse the cure, they will be quarantined. Where's the unloving part?
You wear blinders to block out the contradictions. BILLIONS have suffered and died in this world. If that is God's love I sure hope you don't taste of His wrath.

Rach1370

Apr 17, 2010
Australia
It is strange to me to think that some people actually believe that God is going to be acting like a crazed maniac - taking every sin people do as personally as possible when He judges and sentences people to Hell for EVER!!!!!

Uh, while I'm really sympathizing with you over this whole conversation, I just have to kinda pop up and comment on this.
Personal. That's kinda what sin is to God. Sin is us committing a crime against HIM. Personally. I sometimes think we don't really realise just how bad sin really is. Sin is bad enough that God had to come and die to fix the problem for us, so that we could even be in His presence one day. Even if He had made it that once we died we no longer sinned, that wasn't good enough. Sin was so bad that SOMEONE had to pay, had to make an atonement for it, and that someone had to be perfect. The love God shows by doing this doesn't dismiss how bad sin is, or how much of a personal affront it is to Him, it just shows us how awesome He is, that He would do that, despite our behaviour.

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Uh, while I'm really sympathizing with you over this whole conversation, I just have to kinda pop up and comment on this.
Personal. That's kinda what sin is to God. Sin is us committing a crime against HIM. Personally. I sometimes think we don't really realise just how bad sin really is. Sin is bad enough that God had to come and die to fix the problem for us, so that we could even be in His presence one day. Even if He had made it that once we died we no longer sinned, that wasn't good enough. Sin was so bad that SOMEONE had to pay, had to make an atonement for it, and that someone had to be perfect. The love God shows by doing this doesn't dismiss how bad sin is, or how much of a personal affront it is to Him, it just shows us how awesome He is, that He would do that, despite our behaviour.

I think sin is so bad that it is bigger than us. We are like kids who have discovered guns and ammunition and think they are fun to play with......serious, serious stuff. Jesus offers us the solution and instead of understanding we shoot Him dead. Through His perfect life and innocent death, Jesus forgives us and the Father forgives us and the Holy Spirit forgives us and continues the work in our hearts that Jesus started. God is about as invested in us as He possibly can be.

He is so in love with us that cannot imagine Him having anything but compassion on those who refuse His love. I've worked with kids with autism in the past, they cannot understand love in the same way as we can....it is very difficult to work with them and not receive anything back, but I still cared deeply for all of them - even the ones who were unable to remain in the program........I cannot believe God would be less merciful and compassionate than a sinner like me.

Almost everywhere!!!

You wear blinders to block out the contradictions. BILLIONS have suffered and died in this world. If that is God's love I sure hope you don't taste of His wrath.

I think you need to study the problem of pain.

You are currently worshiping a god that is evil.....not wise.

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

My oh my! Calling the God of the Bible evil.

Ducky, your view of God is so distorted, it is hard to imagine that you actually know the God of the Bible. The more I talk with you, the more I see how terrified you are.....it really does sadden me and makes me feel compassion towards you - not pity or sympathy, but real compassion. I am realizing that we are not just playing around here.....you are seriously under the impression that God is cruel and the best you can hope for is to fly under the radar of an abusive parent.....

I pray that you will be able to get past your compulsive need to grasp and cling to a concrete interpretation of the Bible.....it is distorting your understanding of Christianity! We are free people now! Jesus called us friends, no longer servants! He told us not to worry! We are adopted sons and daughters of God! Rejoice and be glad in Him!

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
Ducky, your view of God is so distorted, it is hard to imagine that you actually know the God of the Bible. The more I talk with you, the more I see how terrified you are.....it really does sadden me and makes me feel compassion towards you - not pity or sympathy, but real compassion. I am realizing that we are not just playing around here.....you are seriously under the impression that God is cruel and the best you can hope for is to fly under the radar of an abusive parent.....
You'll have to blame Jesus. I learned from Him.

Matthew 24:37-39 (ESV)
[sup]37 [/sup]For as were the days of Noah, so will be the coming of the Son of Man. [sup]38 [/sup]For as in those days before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day when Noah entered the ark, [sup]39 [/sup]and they were unaware until the flood came and swept them all away, so will be the coming of the Son of Man.
I pray that you will be able to get past your compulsive need to grasp and cling to a concrete interpretation of the Bible.....it is distorting your understanding of Christianity! We are free people now! Jesus called us friends, no longer servants! He told us not to worry! We are adopted sons and daughters of God! Rejoice and be glad in Him!
The God of all love that you believe in does not exist. That is TOTAL contradiction to the Bible and reality. Which world do you live in Aspen? The world if FILLED with constant evil. Your God of all love must be disabled and too helpless to help the needy. You are totally ignoring reality. Why would you even pray to such a god who can't help anyone???

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

You'll have to blame Jesus. I learned from Him.

Matthew 24:37-39 (ESV)
[sup]37 [/sup]For as were the days of Noah, so will be the coming of the Son of Man. [sup]38 [/sup]For as in those days before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day when Noah entered the ark, [sup]39 [/sup]and they were unaware until the flood came and swept them all away, so will be the coming of the Son of Man.

The God of all love that you believe in does not exist. That is TOTAL contradiction to the Bible and reality. Which world do you live in Aspen? The world if FILLED with constant evil. Your God of all love must be disabled and too helpless to help the needy. You are totally ignoring reality. Why would you even pray to such a god who can't help anyone???

Friend,

Jesus taught us to love through the pain.......that is the whole point of reality. We are called to love others by serving them......when they are sick, poor, hurting, we are called to help them. God uses people to help people. Love is the only way out of this world of pain and loss, which was created because we learned how to serve ourselves instead of others. Pain is a result of sin, which is a result of love of self.

God has done everything possible to correct sin and cure the resulting pain - Jesus died, just to give us the antidote - love.

It seems strange to think that sin and pain are cured by perfect love, but it is true - it is the only cure.

Alcoholism has a counter-intuitive method of treatment........people think that alcoholism is the result of a weak self will - if the alcoholic would only try harder and gain some discipline he would stop drinking! But, in fact, what the alcoholic really needs to do is surrender......surrender to the fact that alcohol is ruining his life and only God and the love of neighbor will guide him through the minefield.

We need to have faith in Christ that the Kingdom of God in our hearts will be spread throughout the World through love and it will be triumphant.

Love will even outlast us....if Christ was not spared pain, and He was perfect, we can be sure that we will not be spared either......so we have to commit to loving through the pain and loss.

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
The bottom line is, your imaginary god of all love either can't or won't help everyone, not even close. Where was your god when a quarter million humans died in the Indian Ocean tsunami? Wake up Aspen.

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The bottom line is, your imaginary god of all love either can't or won't help everyone, not even close. Where was your god when a quarter million humans died in the Indian Ocean tsunami? Wake up Aspen.

Life outside the Garden is dangerous. The fact is, we are all still going to die, whether by tsunami or sickness or old age - we cannot avoid physical death, but we can avoid spiritual death through love. All we can do is practice our sanctification by loving God and others. Sounds like you have experienced some terrible personal loss that has left you questioning God. I will continue to pray for you.

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
Life outside the Garden is dangerous. All we can do is respond with love.
You're changing the subject Aspen. We are talking about God's love, not our love.
Sounds like you have experienced some terrible personal loss that has left you questioning God. I will continue to pray for you.
You clearly have no answers to the Bible or reality. You keep avoiding the questions and issues. Either your god can't or won't help. Which is it? Where was your god when 6 million Jews were exterminated?

Please stop making up fairy tales about my life to change the issue.

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You're changing the subject Aspen. We are talking about God's love, not our love.

God is loving through us.

You clearly have no answers to the Bible or reality. You keep avoiding the questions and issues. Either your god can't or won't help. Which is it? Where was your god when 6 million Jews were exterminated?

Love is the help. You are continuing to refuse to see the answer to pain and loss - it is our sanctification - love.

Please stop making up fairy tales about my life to change the issue.

Hmm....it must of been worse than I thought....

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
You continue to evade the issue. Either your god can't or won't help. Either way you are wrong. Your evil thoughts about me have nothing to do with my life, but yours.

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
Still waiting for your Biblical proof that the Flood was a "myth". If you don't have proof then you should retract your statement Aspen.