The Gift of Tongues: its General Availability, Purpose, and Power

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

D

Dave L

Okay, I give up Dave.
Continue on in your delusion. :oops:

The strange twist here is..you were scared of tongues and Pentecost after you experience, just in case you 'got a demon' if you stayed open to a true infilling..., but the devil got you anyway...by telling you what you just quoted above...
So the devil still won over you.

I will leave you in peace...for a while...you are so like Marymog, you argue in circles and repeat the same things....
I was AOG Pentecostal for several years and helped promote their beliefs, until too many questions kept popping up I could not answer.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I used to Amadeus until all this debate but it does edify me when I do it, especially if I sing in tongues. I should do it more often and not be dragged down by these people who seek to destroy something beautiful. My 'tongue' doesn't sound like babbling it sounds just like a real language with commas and full stops and hand gestures.
What your both speaking in my opinion is self edification. You clearly state it yourselves. This is my question, are the gifts of the Holy Spirit for self edification?

Reactions: Dave L

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
D4FD420D-A745-485E-AF5E-B9E38D0A0091.jpeg D4FD420D-A745-485E-AF5E-B9E38D0A0091.jpeg How be it we speak God in a mystery?
This word mystery is defined to shut the mouth.
I will come to you and see who has this power?
The kingdom comes in power not in word?
Who can bridle the tongue?
Behold the leviathan.

Reactions: Dave L

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
What your both speaking in my opinion is self edification. You clearly state it yourselves. This is my question, are the gifts of the Holy Spirit for self edification?
You should try it before you knock it.

Reactions: Helen

marksman

My eldest granddaughter showing the result of her
Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
That stupid rhyming noise , is not tongues...have someone film it each time you do it...you will see yourself repeatedly saying the same asinine rhyming noises.....roko mo shiki,boko quito mo shanda....look I posted in tongues...then tell me who is in the fantasy land...raise your hands, or roll on the floor to help

I never said it was.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I’m not knocking Pearl, I’m observing. Are the gifts of the Holy Spirit for self edification? You don’t have to answer I’m not condemning you. It’s very interesting
Well ok so try it for yourself and see how closer it brings you to God.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
“O Timothy, keep that which is committed to thy trust, avoiding profane and vain babblings, and oppositions of science falsely so called:” (1 Timothy 6:20)
WELL DAVE, "O Timothy, keep that which is committed to thy trust, avoiding profane and vain babblings". do you know what a new tongue is? scripture, Mark 16:15 "And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.
Mark 16:16 "He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.
Mark 16:17 "And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues".

so dave do you know what a "NEW TONGUE" is?

PICJAG.

Reactions: Helen and Pearl
D

Dave L

WELL DAVE, "O Timothy, keep that which is committed to thy trust, avoiding profane and vain babblings". do you know what a new tongue is? scripture, Mark 16:15 "And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.
Mark 16:16 "He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.
Mark 16:17 "And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues".

so dave do you know what a "NEW TONGUE" is?

PICJAG.
I speak with a new tongue and have cast out demons in Jesus' name. The only snakes I take up are metaphorical and it happens on line every day.

Reactions: Waiting on him

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I used to cuss, fuss, and moan. But now I speak the truth and love.
ok, if you speak the truth, let'see. is the person of John 1:3, the WORD, the same Person of Isaiah 44:24, yes or no.

if you are the New Man that you claim let's see if you will tell the truth..... so your answer please.

PICJAG.

D

Dave L

ok, if you speak the truth, let'see. is the person of John 1:3, the WORD, the same Person of Isaiah 44:24, yes or no.

if you are the New Man that you claim let's see if you will tell the truth..... so your answer please.

PICJAG.
Most cannot grasp the truth when they hear it. And we need to consider this in dealing with them. You've already trampled the truth about Christ under foot, and I will not let you turn and rend me while you're at it.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Most cannot grasp the truth when they hear it. And we need to consider this in dealing with them. You've already trampled the truth about Christ under foot, and I will not let you turn and rend me while you're at it.
Just a simple yes or no will do, no explination.

if you speak the truth just say YES it's the same person or No it's not the same person,...... well your answer please.

PICJAG.

D

Dave L

Just a simple yes or no will do, no explination.

if you speak the truth just say YES it's the same person or No it's not the same person,...... well your answer please.

PICJAG.
Only if you study the trinity in Church history and admit it is right and you are wrong.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
“O Timothy, keep that which is committed to thy trust, avoiding profane and vain babblings, and oppositions of science falsely so called:” (1 Timothy 6:20)
why are you in vain babbling? you cannot tell the TRUTH. you said you stop cussing, and fussing. well have you stop lying?

now if you're a new man you will not LIE, for Proverbs 6:16 "These six [things] doth the LORD hate: yea, seven [are] an abomination unto him:
Proverbs 6:17 "A proud look, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood.

now can we get the TRUTH here? is the Person, the Word in John 1:3 the same person in Isaiah 44:24 YES or NO?

PICJAG.