The Gifted And Talented

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Philippians 3:5-8

The cross:

• We really should revisit the ideas on God needing anything I can give him. My gifts, my talents, my character, my personality, my creation, to complete who I am. Do you hear the gifted and talented, the personable personalities of creation say - I was glad to find out God needed my creation to complete me. Oh really..like there is no cross!

The cross means nothing to the living - the lively in the world. The lively have put life together, and didn't even need the cross to do it.. interesting. Quick to tell God, and you how to put it together as well! You will not need the cross. No life..but a shamble of what could be a pseudo life at best.

Ministers in God are not far behind in that thought. My charisma ..my background..my way of doing things..my doing something for God. God does not need men and their talents. Just because he loved the world and saves those out of the world..does not mean he saved you because he needed your gifts. It is the very opposite - he crucified everything about you in Christ on the cross. Paul would say "I count all things loss." All things..that I may win him.

When we hear a lessor knowledge preached to us..day in and day out.. you will not need the cross. You will work on your life until you can work on it no more. You will even use a gift ..a talent..to please God. Like we had something to present to our life. When in truth your life is Christ!

How does that happen? The cross. When you see the cross, look at the Son and see what happened to the Son. When you see the Son.. you see how much God needed you.. he killed you out in Christ. Complete annihilation.

I no longer live - I understand, just words!

Reactions: marks

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

This is a lovely song. Music by Mozart

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
• We really should revisit the ideas on God needing anything I can give him. My gifts, my talents, my character, my personality, my creation, to complete who I am. Do you hear the gifted and talented, the personable personalities of creation say - I was glad to find out God needed my creation to complete me. Oh really..like there is no cross!

I've learned, myself, not to rely on whatever I think my earthy talents and abilities are when it comes to the body of Christ. Just because I can run a small company for it's absentee owners doesn't mean I can run the church potluck, and I know that by experience!

Yes, we are crucified to all we are apart from Christ, and need to wait on Him before we start serving others.

Much love!

Reactions: soul man