The gifts of the Spirit: some principles

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

JesusIsFaithful

Feb 24, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Seems you might have missed the question as is a bad habit of many Christians in here for some reason.

HOW would YOU explian this biblcal truth to someone was the question?

Then you stop going off topic, because that is not the title of the thread.

As it is, you are avoiding how you come off in your replies about believers not having enough faith for someone that gets sick and had died.

As for explaining Biblical truth to someone; you can't. Only Jesus Christ can through the Holy Spirit in you and through you and He in the believer that is listening as only Jesus can enable them to receive the truth by His words as kept in the KJV.

JesusIsFaithful

Feb 24, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not much enlightenment there to ponder. Show me one scripture that says sickness was ever Gods will.

2 Kings 15:5And the Lord smote the king, so that he was a leper unto the day of his death, and dwelt in a several house. And Jotham the king's son was over the house, judging the people of the land.

Sword

Nov 13, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Then you stop going off topic, because that is not the title of the thread.

I think you will find that the thread is very wide and viaries greatly to. The title covers faith correct?

As it is, you are avoiding how you come off in your replies about believers not having enough faith for someone that gets sick and had died.
No I think If you read my post I answerd you and I also asked a questiuon you are avoiding. Now saone as you answer that question I can answer any of yours Does that sound all grown up and the sdult thing to do. Ofr do you get to ignore what I have to say? You tell me how it works? and what ever you say is fine by me. I am avoiding nothing you have to say and will answer all you have to say. as soon as you answer my question. I a=]nswerd yours Thank you.

As for explaining Biblical truth to someone; you can't. Only Jesus Christ can through the Holy Spirit in you and through you and He in the believer that is listening as only Jesus can enable them to receive the truth by His words as kept in the KJV.
I have the mind of Christ. Am I wrong is that what God said about me? Did you not know that? So no ones is avoiding anything at least not me. I await your reply so we can move forward and I understand you better

Sword

Nov 13, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
2 Kings 15:5And the Lord smote the king, so that he was a leper unto the day of his death, and dwelt in a several house. And Jotham the king's son was over the house, judging the people of the land.
Opps seems some one doesnt know the difference in the OC and NC? Is that correct. we are in a NC so please show me a NC scripture where it is Gods will thank you. This is really hard teaching self procliamed teachers like you. Who dont know the differnec between the two. Shhhhhhh

JesusIsFaithful

Feb 24, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think you will find that the thread is very wide and viaries greatly to. The title covers faith correct?

Then don't cry foul when people do not address your significant question.

No I think If you read my post I answerd you and I also asked a questiuon you are avoiding. Now saone as you answer that question I can answer any of yours Does that sound all grown up and the sdult thing to do. Ofr do you get to ignore what I have to say? You tell me how it works? and what ever you say is fine by me. I am avoiding nothing you have to say and will answer all you have to say. as soon as you answer my question. I a=]nswerd yours Thank you.

Typical hypocrisy. Your "I can do no wrong" replies are looking like a game you play while being obtuse when questions have been answered, and then you keep acting like there was never even an attempt.

I have the mind of Christ. Am I wrong is that what God said about me? Did you not know that? So no ones is avoiding anything at least not me. I await your reply so we can move forward and I understand you better

Is that not a trick question? If I answer it not to your liking, you can report me as attacking you. Nice try.

All believers can have the mind of Christ; but all believers do not have the mind of Christ ALL the time. They should, but they do not, otherwise where is the casting down of wicked imaginations? Where is the effort to think on good things by His help & grace if we always have the mind of Christ?

And being in the wrong is not having the mind of Christ on that particular issue.

JesusIsFaithful

Feb 24, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Opps seems some one doesnt know the difference in the OC and NC? Is that correct. we are in a NC so please show me a NC scripture where it is Gods will thank you. This is really hard teaching self procliamed teachers like you. Who dont know the differnec between the two. Shhhhhhh

What happens to those in the great tribulation with the mark of the beast? What? Some kind of "plague"?

You had asked the question when sickness is ever God's will; and it has been answered; O.T. & N.T..

Okay then.. let me guess that you will expound your actual question as the next question; when did God ever make or allow sickness to come on believers?

1 Corinthians 11:27 Wherefore whosoever shall eat this bread, and drink this cup of the Lord, unworthily, shall be guilty of the body and blood of the Lord. 28 But let a man examine himself, and so let him eat of that bread, and drink of that cup. 29 For he that eateth and drinketh unworthily, eateth and drinketh damnation to himself, not discerning the Lord's body. 30 For this cause many are weak and sickly among you, and many sleep. 31 For if we would judge ourselves, we should not be judged.

How's that for answering your actual question which you had not ask in what you had meant?

Deborah_

Jun 7, 2015
Swansea, Wales
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Thats what I would say if I wanted to avoid a question. But its harder in here Debroah when you cant delete my posts.

I answerd every single part of all your posts that I got involved in Deborah.
Isnt that true ?

If I never replied to you with not as much as a thank you. I missed it as you missed mine like you said you did. Is it possible I missed it or are you once again presumming I saw it and ignored you? Or are you thinking maybes again ? Two question one answer will sufice thank you.

Please tell me what thread you are talking about that i showed no interest in? If I get involed in a discussion it will be to the end. I will never walk away . unless I get deleted and as I said you cant do that here. SO I can see why it is more difficult for you in here.

And if I complianed it seems that you have a bad habit of not answering questions??????????????

It's in "the gift of tongues" thread in the Testimonial forum.
Though why you should have missed it I don't know, as you reminded me on another thread and I replied to you there telling you about it.

Deborah_

Jun 7, 2015
Swansea, Wales
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

You originally asked for any scripture.
Actually, a better one would have been I Kings 14:12,13. King Jeroboam's son Abijah became ill and died young "because he is the only one in the house of Jeroboam in whom the LORD, the God of Israel, has found anything good." The rest of Jeroboam's family were later murdered.

In the New Testament: Paul had an illness which resulted in the gospel being preached to the Galatians (Galatians 4:13).

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Not much enlightenment there to ponder. Show me one scripture that says sickness was ever Gods will.
ya, wouldn't argue that, but if someone dies imo it was God's will, although i guess it comes down to semantics. Prolly a better way to put that is maybe that you can pray all you like for healing, but don't expect much relief if your illness is self inflicted.

Sword

Nov 13, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Then don't cry foul when people do not address your significant question.

Typical hypocrisy. Your "I can do no wrong" replies are looking like a game you play while being obtuse when questions have been answered, and then you keep acting like there was never even an attempt.

Is that not a trick question? If I answer it not to your liking, you can report me as attacking you. Nice try.

All believers can have the mind of Christ; but all believers do not have the mind of Christ ALL the time. They should, but they do not, otherwise where is the casting down of wicked imaginations? Where is the effort to think on good things by His help & grace if we always have the mind of Christ?

And being in the wrong is not having the mind of Christ on that particular issue.
Wow dearie I am sorry you are getting personl so I got to add you to the ignore grioup You know the ones who are allowed to ask question but dont have to answer them. Well I live in the adult world where we have to act mature and answer even the difficuot ones. and when we do we dont get hurt and make it pwesaonal as we imitate Jesus. Dont bother replying as I will never gain have to see you one sided posts you are now on the ignore list. Tata. No one mentiond reproting you you just need to grow up. You are obviously struggling in that dep[artment. You are incapable of having a two way conversation ,

Sword

Nov 13, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
You originally asked for any scripture.
Actually, a better one would have been I Kings 14:12,13. King Jeroboam's son Abijah became ill and died young "because he is the only one in the house of Jeroboam in whom the LORD, the God of Israel, has found anything good." The rest of Jeroboam's family were later murdered.

In the New Testament: Paul had an illness which resulted in the gospel being preached to the Galatians (Galatians 4:13).

1. Paul never had a sickness Look up the Greek please. stop using garbage versions of the bible.
2. I am not under the OC So I expect people who cliam to be Christian to know this very very very basic fact. But it seem you and many others are unawre of the FACT we are under a NC. and you seem to think you found an even better one. It alos under the OC please try and keep up Deborah. You do know we are under a new Covanant dont you?
Show me one scripture that says sickness was ever Gods will.
Here is the question you are struggling to comprehen Deboarh. So what you are doing with the scripture that you are trying to mislead people and twisting scripture to suit your end of an argument. You need to stop that. The question is clear and your scriture is out of context.
YOU DO NOT HAVE A SINGLE VERSE THAT SAYS SICKNESS IS GODS WILL DO YOU?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
Do I relay need to say again in the NEW COVANANT?

Sword

Nov 13, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
ya, wouldn't argue that, but if someone dies imo it was God's will, although i guess it comes down to semantics. Prolly a better way to put that is maybe that you can pray all you like for healing, but don't expect much relief if your illness is self inflicted.
Sciprture for that please. Give ya a clue its not there any where , But have a look. You are wrong in all points.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Sciprture for that please. Give ya a clue its not there any where , But have a look. You are wrong in all points.
well, "a sparrow does not fall to the ground without God's permission" and all that, so it is in there, and, bummer for you, i am not wrong on that point. You might consult with your lawyer here before replying though, because i am not really interested in winning this case ok, or making you out to be wrong.

But even "As you sow, so shall you reap" kind of presents a different picture than "it was not God's will," imo. Now as far as your point goes, i agree that before the world fell, in Eden, there was no sickness, but if you sow sickness it is def God's will that you be sick, and reap sickness, at least imo, otherwise "you reap what you sow" is moot.

And of course you don't find miracle healers in hospitals for the same reason psychics don't win lotteries, not that i don't believe that a word in due season can bring healing. But what i am really skeptical of is that God provided us with miraculous healing in order that we might indulge ourselves into some illness and then go and somehow obviate "as you sow, so shall you reap."

Last edited:

Sword

Nov 13, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
well, "a sparrow does not fall to the ground without God's permission" and all that, so it is in there, and, bummer for you, i am not wrong on that point. You might consult with your lawyer here before replying though, because i am not really interested in winning this case ok, or making you out to be wrong.

But even "As you sow, so shall you reap" kind of presents a different picture than "it was not God's will," imo. Now as far as your point goes, i agree that before the world fell, in Eden, there was no sickness, but if you sow sickness it is def God's will that you be sick, and reap sickness, at least imo.
Permission where do you get that? Great how we use differnt versions when it fits? And all what? Twisted scripture?
No you are well up for making me out to be wrong please dont lie. You think you are there now as you so readily advertised so far.
I aksed for a scripture that you have not provided. you picked on a little birdie lol. I believe you know the question have another go and see if you can find a scripture that tells us sickness is gods will that is a pathertic attempt and it looks like you are trying to get out already . Give me a scripture or give it a rest. Its not about winning or losing for me. its about truth.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Miracle Healers misrepresent Scripture for personal glory, and actually prevent the concept of Scriptural Healing--which does exist, but is concerned with spiritual healing, healing one's heart--from manifesting, imo.

Sword

Nov 13, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Miracle Healers misrepresent Scripture for personal glory, and actually prevent the concept of Scriptural Healing--which does exist, but is concerned with spiritual healing, healing one's heart--from manifesting, imo.
What No scriture surpraise surprise I told you its not there . But now you want to jump on to something else lol Fantastic. You people are unbeliveble