The gifts of the Spirit: some principles

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Sword

Nov 13, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
ha i'm guessing Mr Open up there has put you on ignore at this point lol
It very easy to see you are now very hurt like a very undying man. Just becaue I exposed you telling lies about Gods word. So you never found a verse where God uses sickness and now you gonna go with the opersonal attacks and very short attackiung posts. Grow up son. You kind are ten a penny. You been found out are hurt and now attack . seen it so many times. You were talking all mature like up until this point for the most part at least, and now you feel all the way down to reicule level stop it.

Sword

Nov 13, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I find this difficult to follow as well. Three what? Seven eight what? It wasn't me who did the translation, so what does what I think have to do with it?

If you don't know anything about translation, don't claim to know better than a real translator. But if you have a good source for your claim, produce it.

You've been given the scripture you asked for. If you insist on altering it, I can't do anything about that.

My my my. This is for children.
I said. "How many of that definanition exactly fit what you think three?" And you dont understand that? Well let me brexk it up for you and try and make it a little more simple that it already is.

Forms of the word
Dictionary:
ἀσθένεια, -ας, ἡ
Greek transliteration:
astheneia
Simplified transliteration:
astheneia
Numbers
Strong's number:
GK Number:
Statistics
Frequency in New Testament:
Morphology of Biblical Greek Tag:
n-1a
Gloss:
weakness, illness, infirmity
Definition:
want of strength, weakness, feebleness, 1 Cor. 15:43; bodily infirmity, state of ill health, sickness, Mt. 8:17; Lk. 5:15; met. infirmity, frailty, imperfection, intellectual and moral, Rom. 6:19; 1 Cor. 2:3; Heb. 5:2; 7:28; suffering, affliction, distress, calamity, Rom. 8:26

This is the link YOU posted.
In this link there are There are many definitions of the word Infirmity.
"How many of that definanition exactly fit what you think three?"
So you think it means Paul was sick yes? So from the definition list you quoted. How many fir Paul was sick IE had an illness like you preach and teach as fact. I gave you three that would fit what you believe. I now say there is actully only one fitsd what you believe. and you picked this as your defence of Your belief.
SO now we take your quoted post and have a count of the definitions that fot whjat I belive. Paul was not sick but infirm through many neating. nothing to do with sickness coming on him from God or in Gods will, Niothing,

Paul was ship wrecked. betean and stoned and whipped. all of these came from satan. So useing you quoted post.

In the definaition section. There and not seven or eight but eleven of the difinaitions you posted fit what I believe.

I really dont get why you found this hard to follow. It kinda looks like you are looking for a way out.

So please explian a little further why you mislead the forum readers about the meaning of the word infimities, Nothing in this dfiitions backs upo what you said it means. You are trying to make this fit YOUR belief system and are misleading God people with that. Clearly infimities is not sickness. Its the condition Paul would be in after all he went through.
As I said already You will not except anything anyone tells you. You are unprepared to look and take it to God. I believe all your studies are done with your inteligence as opposed to letting God lead you. I head you say you love to study Gods word I never hear you talk about love for God or man. And even you although onward in years have also now resorted to ridiculing. But I fully understand it. I done all the thing most of you do. But I am past it now. I point out the facts and people get hurt. My post was clear enough for a child to read and undestand.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
It very easy to see you are now very hurt like a very undying man. Just becaue I exposed you telling lies about Gods word. So you never found a verse where God uses sickness and now you gonna go with the opersonal attacks and very short attackiung posts. Grow up son. You kind are ten a penny. You been found out are hurt and now attack . seen it so many times. You were talking all mature like up until this point for the most part at least, and now you feel all the way down to reicule level stop it.
ya, i'm a mess alright :)

Sword

Nov 13, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
ya, i'm a mess alright :)
I would have called you a mess just need to die to self and grow up into Him. Argumentittive yes padantic yes. continually trying to be confussing yes.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
I would have called you a mess just need to die to self and grow up into Him. Argumentittive yes padantic yes. continually trying to be confussing yes.
i guess maybe it comes off that way, but i would like to point out that you cannot describe a single doctrine from Scripture that does not have a competing doctrine either.

So while i agree that illness is not God's will, just as it is not God's will that the world fell, same thing, there is also a sense--illuminated in "reap what you sow"--in which it is completely in keeping with God's will that those who sow sickness reap sickness.

This does not make "sickness is not God's will" any less true, see; both are true, but it is just possible that you maybe do not believe "reap what you sow" even applies here, or as i'm sure you might even admit maybe merely wish to advance your beliefs in the arena of miraculous healing here.

So then you have an agenda, that you believe you have gotten from God, and it might be pertinent here to at least reflect upon how truths from God are invariably double-edged, meaning that there is more than one human pov required to demonstrate them, or however you might put it.

which is why i mentioned Cayce, as he demonstrably violates the symbolism of Scripture, yet never asked for money, and is still healing people today, 50 years or whatever after his death. So here is a guy that cannot be put in a neat little box, "miracle-healer," and is in fact vilified by most Christians, especially miracle healers lol.

Ever notice how it is that you really cannot help most people? You end up just enabling them or whatever? I have no doubts that "miracle-healing" in Scripture serves some spiritual purpose, but at the same time i never see any miracle healers here at St Jude hospital lol.

Matter of fact i cornered one in my car once, we were headed somewhere or other, and i pulled in to St Jude's to grab something from my desk, and lol you never saw a guy look so haunted. Thought he was going to claw through the roof or sink through the floor or something, it was hilarious.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
the op also does not follow the Book in that you went to the guy, the drunk guy did not approach you.

now strangely enough i still would not disqualify you as a healer; for all i know you have some gift but maybe just lack a mentor for it--as testimonies from others in a village so small would attest--or maybe you have no gift at all but the guy was just in the right place for God to hit him with a proverbial brick or something--this guy who has already explicitly stated that he has no faith in God, and does not conform to the standard model of miracle healing in the Book-

-i can envision about 4 other possibilities, one being that we just read "physical healing" in parables that relate spiritual principles as physical healing related as historical fact, or even that the Spirit moved quite profoundly at the institution of the Church, and we are just in a different mode now. All possibilities.

people went to Cayce though; just sayin

Deborah_

Jun 7, 2015
Swansea, Wales
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Forms of the word
Dictionary:
ἀσθένεια, -ας, ἡ
Greek transliteration:
astheneia
Simplified transliteration:
astheneia
Numbers
Strong's number:
GK Number:
Statistics
Frequency in New Testament:
Morphology of Biblical Greek Tag:
n-1a
Gloss:
weakness, illness, infirmity
Definition:
want of strength, weakness, feebleness, 1 Cor. 15:43; bodily infirmity, state of ill health, sickness, Mt. 8:17; Lk. 5:15; met. infirmity, frailty, imperfection, intellectual and moral, Rom. 6:19; 1 Cor. 2:3; Heb. 5:2; 7:28; suffering, affliction, distress, calamity, Rom. 8:26

This is the link YOU posted.
In this link there are There are many definitions of the word Infirmity.

This link does NOT define the English word 'infirmity'. It defines the Greek word 'astheneia'. Not the same thing.

So please explian a little further why you mislead the forum readers about the meaning of the word infimities, Nothing in this dfiitions backs upo what you said it means. You are trying to make this fit YOUR belief system and are misleading God people with that. Clearly infimities is not sickness. Its the condition Paul would be in after all he went through.

I've said absolutely nothing about the meaning of the word 'infirmities'. I've been talking about a Greek word, not an English one.

Sword

Nov 13, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
This link does NOT define the English word 'infirmity'. It defines the Greek word 'astheneia'. Not the same thing.

I've said absolutely nothing about the meaning of the word 'infirmities'. I've been talking about a Greek word, not an English one.

So where in scripture did you get the greek word. You got from Paul many infimites. Your trying to get out of it deborah. You are now trying to twist this again. I told you all the definitions of the word. You only told us the one definition that supports your belief system. I love how you totally ignore what ever suits you and skip right along in a heart beat. Please explian how your definition tell to us why paul was sick and it was Gods will. You clearly do NOT have a single verse that says God uses sickness any any way shape or form.

You then skipped over to the greek from the english word . You took one definition out of a possible sixteen sand chosse one that suited you. That is next to lying about scripture. That is very serious thing to do , Just to try and prove your point. If you dont know then Just say so. Paul was NOT SICK. He had sicknesses because of his injuries we know that. The bible does not say paul got a sickness illness or anything like it.

Last edited:

Deborah_

Jun 7, 2015
Swansea, Wales
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
So where in scripture did you get the greek word.

Are you not aware that the New Testament was originally written in Greek?

You got from Paul many infimites. Your trying to get out of it deborah. You are now trying to twist this again. I told you all the definitions of the word. You only told us the one definition that supports your belief system. I love how you totally ignore what ever suits you and skip right along in a heart beat. Please explian how your definition tell to us why paul was sick and it was Gods will. You clearly do NOT have a single verse that says God uses sickness any any way shape or form.
You then skipped over to the greek from the english word . You took one definition out of a possible sixteen sand chosse one that suited you. That is next to lying about scripture. That is very serious thing to do , Just to try and prove your point.
I "got from Paul many infirmities"? What does that mean? I'm twisting nothing: I read a reputable translation of the Bible, and I read there that Paul had an illness. Other reputable translations have "physical illness". It's not me picking and choosing the definition that suits me - that's what you are trying to do.

If you dont know then Just say so. Paul was NOT SICK. He had sicknesses because of his injuries we know that. The bible does not say paul got a sickness illness or anything like it.
If you're referring to II Corinthians 11:23-27, that's irrelevant to Galatians 4:13. Paul went to Galatia at the very beginning of his apostolic travels, before any of the things listed in II Corinthians had happened.
And what makes a "sickness because of injury" not a sickness? Is a disability as a consequence of an injury not something that can be healed, in your experience?

Sword

Nov 13, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Are you not aware that the New Testament was originally written in Greek?

I "got from Paul many infirmities"? What does that mean? I'm twisting nothing: I read a reputable translation of the Bible, and I read there that Paul had an illness. Other reputable translations have "physical illness". It's not me picking and choosing the definition that suits me - that's what you are trying to do.

If you're referring to II Corinthians 11:23-27, that's irrelevant to Galatians 4:13. Paul went to Galatia at the very beginning of his apostolic travels, before any of the things listed in II Corinthians had happened.
And what makes a "sickness because of injury" not a sickness? Is a disability as a consequence of an injury not something that can be healed, in your experience?
ok i will now have to go back abd highlight what you said okj.dissapointed you are being like this. you know what you said. this is going to cost me a bit of time. but i will highlight what you said and howyou are now trying to hide.