The GodHead

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ozell

Jun 6, 2010
For centuries people have debated about the Godhead; how many members are there? 

Some say there are 3 members of the Godhead, some say there is only 1, but according to the King James Version of the Holy Bible (The Word of God), there are 2 members of the Godhead:

The Father and The Son.  Angels are not God and therefore are not part of the Godhead. 

Angels are ministering spirits (another word used for spirit is ghost) and those that didn't follow Satan are Holy Angels (Spirits). 

The Angels (Ghosts/Spirits) be they good or evil, serve GOD: they are not equal with GOD. (Hebrews 1:13-14)

There are only 2 types of beings in existence:

SPIRIT (Heavenly Beings) 
God (Jesus and the Father)  
The Angels (All of them)  

SOUL (Flesh and Blood Beings)
Man (Humans)
Beasts, Insects, & Everything in the waters

Couppy

Jul 27, 2012
For centuries people have debated about the Godhead; how many members are there?

Some say there are 3 members of the Godhead, some say there is only 1, but according to the King James Version of the Holy Bible (The Word of God), there are 2 members of the Godhead:

The Father and The Son. Angels are not God and therefore are not part of the Godhead.

Angels are ministering spirits (another word used for spirit is ghost) and those that didn't follow Satan are Holy Angels (Spirits).

The Angels (Ghosts/Spirits) be they good or evil, serve GOD: they are not equal with GOD. (Hebrews 1:13-14)

SPIRIT (Heavenly Beings)
The Angels (All of them)

Man (Humans)

First, the Trinity involves God the Father, Jesus the Son of God, and the Spirit of the living God (Holy Spirit). Jesus spoke a lot about the Holy Spirit in the Gospel of John. The Holy Spirit is also referred to as the Spirit of Christ, Spirit of Truth, and Holy Ghost.

All beings that are not human and physically living on earth are spirits whether they are angels, demons, satan etc.

I advise that you pick up a very good Christian book that explains who the Holy Spirit is and what He does. It will be of great benefit to acknowledge Him. Jesus said to his disciples in John 14:16-17

"And I will pray the Father, and He will give you another Helper, that He may abide with you forever - the Spirit of Truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees Him or knows Him, but you know Him because He dwells with you and will be with you".

The Soul of Man is what makes man breathe. It is the breath of life. As soon as the soul departs man dies physically. The soul is already spiritually died to God because of sin unless the person repents and commits his life to God through Jesus Christ. Humans are also the flesh and blood beings.

Couppy.

day

Aug 2, 2012
Idaho, USA
When You read the Bible and set aside the doctrines that tell you what it is supposed to mean, you do come up with the Trinity, but not the co-equal traditional Trinity.
The Father is the source of all being. The Son is begotten by him, the Holy Spirit proceeds from him. Both the Son and Holy Spirit are sent by the Father, but the Father is never "sent". There is a hierarchy of being and authority. The Son and Holy Spirit share in the glory and honor of the Father and are of one mind, heart and substance with him. They are worshiped in union with the Father as God, not separately as three gods.
This makes a difficult mystery a little easier to understand and closer to what is revealed by a straightforward intrepretation of the Scriptures, and not trying to stretch the texts to fit a doctrine.

Reactions: Couppy

dragonfly

Apr 19, 2012
UK
Some time ago I discovered the Sacred Name Bible online, and would recommend it for checking out the simplicity of the Godhead's names in Hebrew.

I haven't checked every reference, but those I've come across and checked on the recommendations of others, do make it harder to separate the Father and the Son by any margin at all.

For instance, look for Yahweh in Acts 2, and Jeremiah 23:5, 6, and begin in Genesis 1, and see how God's revelation of Himself increases.

http://sacrednamebible.com/

If this link does not bring up the KJV online, follow the HTML Bible link and search for it among the different translations. There is definitely a 'read online' option right beside the option to pay for a download.

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
When You read the Bible and set aside the doctrines that tell you what it is supposed to mean, you do come up with the Trinity, but not the co-equal traditional Trinity.
The Father is the source of all being. The Son is begotten by him, the Holy Spirit proceeds from him. Both the Son and Holy Spirit are sent by the Father, but the Father is never "sent". There is a hierarchy of being and authority. The Son and Holy Spirit share in the glory and honor of the Father and are of one mind, heart and substance with him. They are worshiped in union with the Father as God, not separately as three gods.
This makes a difficult mystery a little easier to understand and closer to what is revealed by a straightforward intrepretation of the Scriptures, and not trying to stretch the texts to fit a doctrine.

We shouldn't mistake the label Trinity as being something different than merely an expression of the triune (3) Divine Nature of The Godhead.

Like dragonfly suggests, a deeper study into the different Names and Titles of God per the manuscripts of God's Word reveals Jesus cannot be separated from The Father. When we say 'Jesus', which originates from Greek Iesous and Hebrew Yehoshua, The Father's Name is permanently included.

Hebrew Yehoshua, our Lord Jesus' name in the Hebrew, means 'Yahaveh is Salvation'. In the KJV Bible 'Yehowshua' is the transliterated name 'Joshua'.

Also, I see the term 'only begotten' abused a lot by those who refuse to admit Christ Jesus' Divine Nature in The Godhead. That term 'begotten' is only about God The Christ having come in the flesh, born through woman. It has nothing to do with New Ager's false doctrine that Christ Jesus never existed untll He was born through woman.

dragonfly

Apr 19, 2012
UK
Also, I see the term 'only begotten' abused a lot by those who refuse to admit Christ Jesus' Divine Nature in The Godhead. That term 'begotten' is only about God The Christ having come in the flesh, born through woman. It has nothing to do with New Ager's false doctrine that Christ Jesus never existed untll He was born through woman.

I believe it means something like, 'in a class of His own'.

You only have to read John's gospel, especially ch 17 to be certain the of His existence before He became the Word made Flesh.

ozell

Jun 6, 2010
God: 1. A being of supernatural powers or attributes, believed in and worshiped by a people.  2. One that is worshiped or idealized as a god. 3. GOD. A being conceived as the perfect, omnipotent, omniscient originator and ruler of the universe, the principal object of faith and worship in monotheistic (the belief in one GOD) religions.

Head:  1. To be chief of, command, foremost in importance. 2. To assume or be placed in the first position.

Hood: 1. The state, condition, or quality of being. manhood. 2. All the members of a grouping of a specified nature: neighborhood, family, MAN, etc. (one body with more than one member).

Godhead: 1. Divinity. 2. The essential and divine nature of God.

Godhood: The state or quality of being a god; divinity.

minister: A person serving as an agent for another by carrying out specified orders.

Spirit: The Holy Ghost, a supernatural being.

dragonfly

Apr 19, 2012
UK
Hey ozell,

What do you make of these verses?

Revelation 4:5 And out of the throne proceeded lightnings and thunderings and voices:
and [there were] seven lamps of fire burning before the throne, which are the seven Spirits of God.

(Rev 1:4, Rev 3:1, Rev 5:6)

Zechariah 3:9 For behold the stone that I have laid before Joshua; upon one stone [shall be] seven eyes:
behold, I will engrave the graving thereof, saith the LORD of hosts, and I will remove the iniquity of that land in one day.

(Zech 4:10)

jerzy

Sep 7, 2012

Let's see:

Joh 17:3 ...thee the only true God...

1Co 8:6 But to us there is but one God, the Father...

The Nicene Creed:

We believe in one God, the Father, the Almighty, maker of heaven and earth, of all that is, seen and unseen.

us2are1

Son Of Man
Sep 14, 2011

The Father and The Son. Angels are not God and therefore are not part of the Godhead.

SPIRIT (Heavenly Beings)
The Angels (All of them)

Man (Humans)

There is only one member of the God head. That is God.

ozell

Jun 6, 2010
How can there be only one member ?

We know Jesus is God and we know Hos Father is God

1+1=2

Let's see:

Joh 17:3 ...thee the only true God...

1Co 8:6 But to us there is but one God, the Father...

The Nicene Creed:

We believe in one God, the Father, the Almighty, maker of heaven and earth, of all that is, seen and unseen.

Th nicene creed must not have read these verses

Maybe you can answer these questions?

Proverbs 30:4 (KJV)
Who hath ascended up into heaven, or descended? who hath gathered the wind in his fists? who hath bound the waters in a garment? who hath established all the ends of the earth? what is his name, and what is his son's name, if thou canst tell?

How about what Thomas called Jesus the son

John 20:26-28 (KJV)
And after eight days again his disciples were within, and Thomas with them: then came Jesus, the doors being shut, and stood in the midst, and said, Peace be unto you. [27] Then saith he to Thomas, Reach hither thy finger, and behold my hands; and reach hither thy hand, and thrust it into my side: and be not faithless, but believing. [28] And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God.

Do you think Thomas knew what he was talking about?

I believe Thomas.

Hey ozell,

What do you make of these verses?

Revelation 4:5 And out of the throne proceeded lightnings and thunderings and voices:
and [there were] seven lamps of fire burning before the throne, which are the seven Spirits of God.

(Rev 1:4, Rev 3:1, Rev 5:6)

Zechariah 3:9 For behold the stone that I have laid before Joshua; upon one stone [shall be] seven eyes:
behold, I will engrave the graving thereof, saith the LORD of hosts, and I will remove the iniquity of that land in one day.

(Zech 4:10)

Here is who we are reading about in those chapters

These spirits are the angles of God

Hebrews 1:6-7,13-14 (KJV)
And again, when he bringeth in the firstbegotten into the world, he saith, And let all the angels of God worship him. [7] And of the angels he saith, Who maketh his angels spirits, and his ministers a flame of fire. [13] But to which of the angels said he at any time, Sit on my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool? [14] Are they not all ministering spirits, sent forth to minister for them who shall be heirs of salvation?

Another name for spirit is angel

us2are1

Son Of Man
Sep 14, 2011
How can there be only one member ?

We know Jesus is God and we know Hos Father is God

1+1=2

Th nicene creed must not have read these verses

Maybe you can answer these questions?

Proverbs 30:4 (KJV)
Who hath ascended up into heaven, or descended? who hath gathered the wind in his fists? who hath bound the waters in a garment? who hath established all the ends of the earth? what is his name, and what is his son's name, if thou canst tell?

How about what Thomas called Jesus the son

John 20:26-28 (KJV)
And after eight days again his disciples were within, and Thomas with them: then came Jesus, the doors being shut, and stood in the midst, and said, Peace be unto you. [27] Then saith he to Thomas, Reach hither thy finger, and behold my hands; and reach hither thy hand, and thrust it into my side: and be not faithless, but believing. [28] And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God.

Do you think Thomas knew what he was talking about?

I believe Thomas.

Because Christ is God.

16 And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifested in the flesh, Justified in the Spirit, Seen by messengers, Preached among the Gentiles, Believed on in the world, Received up in glory.

ozell

Jun 6, 2010
First, the Trinity involves God the Father, Jesus the Son of God, and the Spirit of the living God (Holy Spirit). Jesus spoke a lot about the Holy Spirit in the Gospel of John. The Holy Spirit is also referred to as the Spirit of Christ, Spirit of Truth, and Holy Ghost.

All beings that are not human and physically living on earth are spirits whether they are angels, demons, satan etc.

I advise that you pick up a very good Christian book that explains who the Holy Spirit is and what He does. It will be of great benefit to acknowledge Him. Jesus said to his disciples in John 14:16-17

"And I will pray the Father, and He will give you another Helper, that He may abide with you forever - the Spirit of Truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees Him or knows Him, but you know Him because He dwells with you and will be with you".

The Soul of Man is what makes man breathe. It is the breath of life. As soon as the soul departs man dies physically. The soul is already spiritually died to God because of sin unless the person repents and commits his life to God through Jesus Christ. Humans are also the flesh and blood beings.

Couppy.

The word trinity is not in the bible and never came from God mouth nor his prophets or apostles

Because Christ is God.

16 And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifested in the flesh, Justified in the Spirit, Seen by messengers, Preached among the Gentiles, Believed on in the world, Received up in glory.

So is Jesus Father God

Hebrews 1:1-2 (KJV)
God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets, [2] Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;

ozell

Jun 6, 2010

Then the trinity is a doctrine that should not be taught

Christ, The Father, The Holy Spirit = 1

How is the HS = with the Father and Son?

And which HS do you refer to?

us2are1

Son Of Man
Sep 14, 2011
God is Spirit. The Holy Spirit.

24 God is Spirit, and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and truth."

Christ is the Father

9 Jesus said to him, "Have I been with you so long, and yet you have not known Me, Philip? He who has seen Me has seen the Father; so how can you say, 'Show us the Father'?

15 He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation.
16 For by Him all things were created that are in heaven and that are on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or principalities or powers. All things were created through Him and for Him.
17 And He is before all things, and in Him all things consist.

ozell

Jun 6, 2010
God is Spirit. The Holy Spirit.

24 God is Spirit, and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and truth."

Christ is the Father

9 Jesus said to him, "Have I been with you so long, and yet you have not known Me, Philip? He who has seen Me has seen the Father; so how can you say, 'Show us the Father'?

I can show you where Jesus words are spirit
I can show you that the air we breath is spirit
I can show you the angels are spirit
I can show you the thoughts of our mind is spirit
I can show you your strengths is called spirit

We we say Holy Spirit we have to be definitive

us2are1

Son Of Man
Sep 14, 2011
I can show you where Jesus words are spirit
I can show you that the air we breath is spirit
I can show you the angels are spirit
I can show you the thoughts of our mind is spirit
I can show you your strengths is called spirit

We we say Holy Spirit we have to be definitive

Amen Ozell
I know that you can show me all of those things .
It still doesn't change anything. We still have one Spirit and one body. The body will be changed but the Spirit will not. It is the Spirit that gives Life. The flesh profits nothing.

13 For by one Spirit we were all baptized into one body--whether Jews or Greeks, whether slaves or free--and have all been made to drink into one Spirit.

ozell

Jun 6, 2010
Amen Ozell
I know that you can show me all of those things .
It still doesn't change anything. We still have one Spirit and one body. The body will be changed but the Spirit will not. It is the Spirit that gives Life. The flesh profits nothing.

13 For by one Spirit we were all baptized into one body--whether Jews or Greeks, whether slaves or free--and have all been made to drink into one Spirit.

There is no God the HS

We read where Jesus is God
We read where the Father is God

We cannot read where the HS is God

The Godhead consist of the Father and Jesus both are God

us2are1

Son Of Man
Sep 14, 2011
There is no God the HS

We read where Jesus is God
We read where the Father is God

We cannot read where the HS is God

The Godhead consist of the Father and Jesus both are God

30 And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, by whom you were sealed for the day of redemption.

KJV
30 And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption.

1 Thessalonians 4
8 He therefore that despiseth , despiseth not man, but God, who hath also given unto us his holy Spirit.

1 Corinthians 12
3 Therefore I make known to you that no one speaking by the Spirit of God calls Jesus accursed, and no one can say that Jesus is Lord except by the Holy Spirit.