The Gospel 2

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Phillippians 3:13,

13 Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before,

You can not leave a verse as this without trying to expound on all it's benefits. The benefits that the generation we live in so desperately needs. Everyone has trouble, that needs fixing in your mind "that you are not the only one to suffer in the schoolhouse." The deep dark depression of self pity will creep into and carry over into your new life if you can't move on. It is self pity that controls most of what goes on in an individuals life. Why is that? It carried over from their old life, not knowing and understanding the new life they continue as they did before they became believers.

The moment you believed you became a Christian. Did you get that, do you realize all your efforts to work out life ceased at that moment. You don't work out life, you have life (Christ). In Christianity we are still trying to take a doctrine and work out life. Here is an easy solution; life is in the Son, he that hath the Son hath life. You finding out about that will be your quest in life, that is why you have a bible to read and reread until it is indelible fixed in you by the HolySpirit that "life is in the Son." That is what He will teach you, a study of the end times thrills me but that is not what you need to know. You need to know the Son that is in you.

Amazes me Christians can't even use the term "Christ in me," they will use many other terms but the term Paul uses over 65 times (my number). Paul makes doctrinal statements of being in Christ over 150 times. Come on bible students you know the weight of that. Why would you even leave your house without that fixed in you. How could you do anything until you found out what you're father is saying to you. It's like he is speaking to you in an audible voice. Nothing else in scripture holds that weight. It's more than talking to you, It's like he is screaming through the word those word's; "this is my son in whom I'm well pleased, hear him."

This verse in Phillippians is in there for the deepest hurts that man can connive from the world or even Christianity. There is a new man, there is a new world, there is a new life, and I know people are looking for it. They need to hear the gospel that says they can forget it because it does not exist in Christ. It only exsists in the old way of thinking, it exsists in the old man syndrome, but not in Christ. Some may need a pill or some other medical attention, but you have got to exhaust who you are in Christ and the wisdom of God lead you. I have seen horible cases of Satan abuse that needed treatment, I would not make light of that, it's literal hell on earth. But you have to start with the gospel to get the mind renewed and to forget.

Then you go through it as a Christ person trusting the father will use any means necessary to help and heal his child. We don't go at it as an abused suffering soul, that is self pity.

Last edited:
Reactions: amadeus

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Phillippians 3:13,

13 Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before,

You can not leave a verse as this without trying to expound on all it's benefits. The benefits that the generation we live in so desperately needs. Everyone has trouble, that needs fixing in your mind "that you are not the only one to suffer in the schoolhouse." The deep dark depression of self pity will creep into and carry over into your new life if you can't move on. It is self pity that controls most of what goes on in an individuals life. Why is that? It carried over from their old life, not knowing and understanding the new life they continue as they did before they became believers.

The moment you believed you became a Christian. Did you get that, do you realize all your efforts to work out life ceased at that moment. You don't work out life, you have life (Christ). In Christianity we are still trying to take a doctrine and work out life. Here is an easy solution; life is in the Son, he that hath the Son hath life. You finding out about that will be your quest in life, that is why you have a bible to read and reread until it is indelible fixed in you by the HolySpirit that "life is in the Son." That is what He will teach you, a study of the end times thrills me but that is not what you need to know. You need to know the Son that is in you.

Amazes me Christians can't even use the term "Christ in me," they will use many other terms but the term Paul uses over 65 times (my number). Paul makes doctrinal statements of being in Christ over 150 times. Come on bible students you know the weight of that. Why would you even leave your house without that fixed in you. How could you do anything until you found out what you're father is saying to you. It's like he is speaking to you in an audible voice. Nothing else in scripture holds that weight. It's more than talking to you, It's like he is screaming through the word those word's; "this is my son in whom I'm well pleased, hear him."

This verse in Phillippians is in there for the deepest hurts that man can connive from the world or even Christianity. There is a new man, there is a new world, there is a new life, and I know people are looking for it. They need to hear the gospel that says they can forget it because it does not exist in Christ. It only exsists in the old way of thinking, it exsists in the old man syndrome, but not in Christ. Some may need a pill or some other medical attention, but you have got to exhaust who you are in Christ and the wisdom of God lead you. I have seen horible cases of Satan abuse that needed treatment, I would not make light of that, it's literal hell on earth. But you have to start with the gospel to get the mind renewed and to forget.

Then you go through it as a Christ person trusting the father will use any means necessary to help and heal his child. We don't go at it as an abused suffering soul, that is self pity.
So important to 'mark, read and inwardly digest' Scripture, to use an often quoted phrase...

Reactions: soul man

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
13 Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended:

Yet so many claim so much these days. Paul sought to apprehend Christ...for what many claim is already a done deal. He sought to enter into Christ...the walk IN the high calling in Christ. The walk in Jesus' perfected humanity.

But what Paul sought for really has no interest for people today. Either these claim to already have everything that Jesus has to offer...or they deny that more exists.

Religion does that. Since it isn't based on reality, wouldn't it be far wiser to claim to only have a part...a small part of what we have been given access to? Even for the sake of humility?

The litmus test of authenticity remains humility and the fear of the Lord.

The more I hear of how people claim to already abide in Christ, to have His fullness, to walk in the power of the Spirit...and yet deny the perfection of Christ in a total victory over sin....the more I fear. Judgment begins at the house of God. It is a fearful thing to fall into the hand of the living God. We are being prepared as lambs to the slaughter.

Last edited: