• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I gave my best guess. That he knows more grace is coming to you and he won’t be able to manipulate your outer man and emotions any more.

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How would I know…? I just know that fit when I see it!

Wow! We made it to page 2 already!
M

emot-sotw.gif
mmmmm
emot-sotw.gif
mmmmm
emot-sotw.gif

Reactions: amadeus

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
NLT says it this way.
In his kindness God called you to share in his eternal glory by means of Christ Jesus. So after you have suffered a little while, he will restore, support, and strengthen you, and he will place you on a firm foundation.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, you know I appreciate your encouragement and support, but I ought to esteem others better than myself—not just those with whom I agree. I think I should have backed away long ago. And there's always 1 Thessalonians 5:15. I know what RD is about here. I have seen people who have been here a long, long time quite readily dismiss and dispatch him. There is, on the other hand (I guess), something about starting -5- threads on the same such topic in the space of 10 days that seems almost like cyber-bullying to me. And yet I can't shake off the conviction that I indulged, rather than engaged, in controversy.

Esteeming others better in a forum has come for me to mean, I should only post when I have a gift to give.

It's interesting you mention cyber bullying, I saw the motivation as more protective then bullying. Standing for the truth in an exeedingly zealous way. Of course I have no idea, only my opinions of my perceptions.

Just the same, Let the peace of Christ rule in your heart.

Much love!

Reactions: BarneyFife

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The bright light of the sun is actually not touching us as brutally when it’s covered by clouds and in very bright light, our eyes are weakened, overpowered, and we can’t see as clearly as we do when there are a few clouds and our eyes aren’t weakened by so bright a light.

In His light we see light . . . God also works in us with much clarity. I think when we are trusting Him more fully we tend to acknowledge more His hand, and it is less a horror to us.

And this is a good reminder, I'm being pressed today more so than yesterday.

Much love!

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
lol. It’s coming. You don’t get attacked and bullied in that particular manner unless “someone” is having a real fit over something they see but you haven’t yet.

It's here. Robert G just started up another 'Sabbath sandbox.'

I made one comment in response to his OP. I'm thinking of boycotting it. That might be against the rules. I just don't know if I have the heart to engage with the relentless (of late) antagonism toward the 4th commandment. I know where you stand on this and I really do respect everyone's choice to observe it as they see fit.

I heard the most beautiful sermon on the Gospel this morning. It was about how Jesus came into the world not to condemn, but to save. The story of the woman caught in adultery in John 8 was examined and the speaker didn't elaborate as much as I have dug into the story (although he probably is every bit aware of the paltry knowledge I have), but he mentioned way more than I've ever heard in a sermon.

It touched me very deeply, and I got a distinct sense that Christ died for me, personally. There is so much beauty in that story. And I'm a huge fan of the story of the woman at the well of Sychar in John 4, too. It is so rich with the love of Jesus. So, any way the Jews had gathered to stone the woman, and when Christ dispatched them, there were no longer 2 or more witnesses to condemn her. It could be argued that Jesus knew all about it and, being Who He was, could have executed her Himself.

But He came into the world not to condemn, but to save.

HE DIDN'T WANT HER TO DIE, NOT EVEN THE FIRST DEATH!!

Oh, How He Loves You And Me,

Oh, How He Loves You And Me.
He Gave His Life,
What More Could He Give;
Oh, How He Loves You,
Oh, How He Loves Me,

:):):):):):):)

Reactions: stunnedbygrace

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Esteeming others better in a forum has come for me to mean, I should only post when I have a gift to give.

It's interesting you mention cyber bullying, I saw the motivation as more protective then bullying. Standing for the truth in an exeedingly zealous way. Of course I have no idea, only my opinions of my perceptions.

Just the same, Let the peace of Christ rule in your heart.

Much love!

hmm…I can see that. Bullies have been bullied. So they make sure to bully someone so that person won’t try to bully THEM…yes, I can see it as a protection. I’m going to do to you what I think you might try to do to me.

Reactions: BarneyFife

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
hmm…I can see that. Bullies have been bullied. So they make sure to bully someone so that person won’t try to bully THEM…yes, I can see it as a protection. I’m going to do to you what I think you might try to do to me.

Folks generally often perceive the worst of themselves in others.

Reactions: stunnedbygrace

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
It's here. Robert G just started up another 'Sabbath sandbox.'

I made one comment in response to his OP. I'm thinking of boycotting it. That might be against the rules. I just don't know if I have the heart to engage with the relentless (of late) antagonism toward the 4th commandment. I know where you stand on this and I really do respect everyone's choice to observe it as they see fit.

I heard the most beautiful sermon on the Gospel this morning. It was about how Jesus came into the world not to condemn, but to save. The story of the woman caught in adultery in John 8 was examined and the speaker didn't elaborate as much as I have dug into the story (although he probably is every bit aware of the paltry knowledge I have), but he mentioned way more than I've ever heard in a sermon.

It touched me very deeply, and I got a distinct sense that Christ died for me, personally. There is so much beauty in that story. And I'm a huge fan of the story of the woman at the well of Sychar in John 4, too. It is so rich with the love of Jesus. So, any way the Jews had gathered to stone the woman, and when Christ dispatched them, there were no longer 2 or more witnesses to condemn her. It could be argued that Jesus knew all about it and, being Who He was, could have executed her Himself.

But He came into the world not to condemn, but to save.

HE DIDN'T WANT HER TO DIE, NOT EVEN THE FIRST DEATH!!

Oh, How He Loves You And Me,

He Gave His Life,
What More Could He Give;
Oh, How He Loves You,
Oh, How He Loves Me,

:):):):):):):)

With that insight Barney, check out the ReDiscovering God podcasts on my signature. I think you'll be refreshed.

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
With that insight Barney, check out the ReDiscovering God podcasts on my signature. I think you'll be refreshed.

Thanks, QT. I actually did check them out before from a specific episode you posted, I think. Pretty good stuff. It's nice to find good, new perspectives on the Gospel.

Here's one I found recently:
(They're actually having some kind of Gospel conference right now.)

Youtube - Everlasting Gospel Channel - Videos

I really love Brian and Lyndi Schwartz - they're so enthusiastic about righteousness by faith.