The Gospel of Reconciliation

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We cannot reconcile ourselves to God by works, laws or religion.

This tired, old point hinges on the difference between works (plural) in the Biblical sense and work (singular) in the general sense of the word.

Reconciliation to God is a done deal on His part, what remains is that we receive it.
Agreed.

The fact that the "sufficiency of Christ" is insufficient for us to do our part proves we do have work to do; namely, humbly repenting.

If reconciliation is a done deal why do we need to receive it? This sounds like the old argument of a two party check. If one party does not sign then the check is worthless.

The ministry of reconciliation is given to us and that's the reason it is a done deal, and not as the OP stipulated.
Exactly! A check metaphor is perfect. If someone does the work of having $1 billion dollars and writes it over to you, the work remains for you to benefit by this gift is to cash the check.

That people today are so hostilt to God is shown that they don't want to even do the work to cash the check. IMO, well meaning Christians do a disservice to people who are struggling spiritually in denying they have work to do (even though this is not works, in the Biblical sense). If us mere mortals did not have a role to do in reconcilliation, universalism would be correct doctrine.

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Heresy is..."Christ didnt die for ALL sinners."

Yet.."Jesus came to save sinners".

= Not just some., as J Calvin's Satanic Doctrine Teaches.

See, you just limited the Cross of Christ to .. ,"Jesus only died on the cross for Calvin's "predestined elect".

And thats a lie from the Devil.

See, when you teach, as Calvin's deceived ALL teach.. = that the Cross is not for : John 3:16.. then you are lying about the Cross, as you are denying the New Covenant.

Thats a bad situation, you are committing @brightfame52 .

Thats a very serious blasphemy against the Grace of God.
You should not keep doing that....
No He didnt die for all sinners, He died for the ones only who He reconciled to God by His Death and saved by His Life Rom 5:10

10 For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.

Only those who are opposed to Christ deny this !

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@marks

Reconciliation to God is a done deal on His part, what remains is that we receive it.

Those who are reconciled to God by Christs death have received it, thats why they are said to be reconciled. Nothing remains, thats saying Christs death didnt fully reconciled to God.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
The fact that the "sufficiency of Christ" is insufficient for us to do our part proves we do have work to do; namely, humbly repenting.

If you are repenting, then that is related to works of the flesh you are committing , that you would define as sinning., that you are repenting of......

So, if that is your discipleship, or your idea of Christianity, then its a fail.... total.

God never saved anyone to repent.
He saved us to live in Redemption that makes us free .

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
No He didnt die for all sinners,

Name a sinner who Jesus didn't die for, didn't shed His blood as the offer of their forgiveness.

Why does Calvin teach that John 3:16 is a LIE?

So, J Calvinism not designed for a serious student of the bible.
Its designed for people who need to be a man follower., and that is why Calvinist's like to proudly boast about being a "Calvinist", as if that is the same as being a "Christian".
Its not.
Not at all.

And there are many things that a Calvinist's deceived mind, can't comprehend.

Here is another one..

J Calvinism, teaches that God has selected some, for Salvation.,. yet, what is the basis for God omitting those who are not chosen, when "ALL have sinned". ?????

= "there is none righteous.....>NO NOT ONE"..

So, as all are "adamic", all are "in their sin"....why would God choose only some, when all are EQUAL regarding being a """" sinner".
????

"well behold, God only chooses some sinners.... because that is what Calvin taught".

That's a blank fool's belief system.
Utterly.

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Name a sinner who Jesus didn't die for, didn't shed His blood as the offer of their forgiveness.

Why does Calvin teach that John 3:16 is a LIE?

So, J Calvinism not designed for a serious student of the bible.
Its designed for people who need to be a man follower., and that is why Calvinist's like to proudly boast about being a "Calvinist", as if that is the same as being a "Christian".
Its not.
Not at all.

And there are many things that a Calvinist's deceived mind, can't comprehend.

Here is another one..

J Calvinism, teaches that God has selected some, for Salvation.,. yet, what is the basis for God omitting those who are not chosen, when "ALL have sinned". ?????

= "there is none righteous.....>NO NOT ONE"..

So, as all are "adamic", all are "in their sin"....why would God choose only some, when all are EQUAL regarding being a """" sinner".
????

"well behold, God only chooses some sinners.... because that is what Calvin taught".

That's a blank fool's belief system.
Utterly.
Any sinner who dying in their sins in unbelief, Christ didnt die for them. Like He warned these sinners Jn 8:24
I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins

And only those who dont belong to Christs Sheep for whom He died, believe not Jn 10:26

26 But
ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep, as I said unto you.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Any sinner who dying in their sins in unbelief, Christ didnt die for them.

You just posted more of Calvin's = Cross Rejection.
Calvin and the devil.... they are both so proud of you.

Now answer us...

Why does Calvinism teach that John 3:16 is a Lie. ?

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@marks

Those who are reconciled to God by Christs death have received it, thats why they are said to be reconciled. Nothing remains, thats saying Christs death didnt fully reconciled to God.
I'm curious how you understand this part:

2 Corinthians 5:17-20 KJV
17) Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.
18) And all things are of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation;
19) To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.
20) Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech you by us: we pray you in Christ's stead, be ye reconciled to God.

We were reconciled to God. God reconciled the world to Himself. And then the admonition, Be ye reconciled to God. Why that last part?

Much love!

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
26 But ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep, as I said unto you.

Yes, Jesus knew who was going to betray Him..
So, did Jesus CAUSE Judas to betray Him? ???

Jesus KNEW who would never believe.......

KNOWING, is not CAUSING,.

"Jesus KNEW their THOUGHTS....

He didn't cause them, @Brightframe

Calvin is a devil, who is no different than a Christ Rejector... as Christ rejectors reject the Cross, and J Calvinism rejects The Cross also, by LIMITING IT, as offered only to some sinners. = "Calvinism"

So, like i told you.. You are not in a safe place, by being so determined to continue to try to shove Calvin's Cross rejecting Theology down the throats of real believers.

Its not good, its dangerous to "Tread underfoot the blood of Jesus" and do "despite to the Spirit of Grace" by teaching Calvin's LIE against the Cross of Christ on a Public forum.

Last edited:

JunChosen

Apr 7, 2020
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Now answer us...

How do you know that Calvin taught that John 3: 16 is a lie.

Do you know the gist of John 3:16?

To God Be The Glory

JunChosen

Apr 7, 2020
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Calvin is a devil, who is no different than a Christ Rejector... as Christ rejectors reject the Cross, and J Calvinism rejects The Cross also, by LIMITING IT, as offered only to some sinners. = "Calvinism"
Read and weep....Matthew 1:21:

And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins.

His people are all those that the Father gave to Jesus in eternity past, before the foundation of the world!!

Jesus said, "No man can come to me except the Father DRAW him."

God did not draw everyone to Jesus except His sheep.

26 But ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep, as I said unto you.
27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:
28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any [man] pluck them out of my hand.
29 My Father, which gave [them] me, is greater than all; and no [man] is able to pluck [them] out of my Father’s hand.

To God Be The Glory

Last edited:

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
His people are all those that the Father gave to Jesus in eternity past, before the foundation of the world!!

IN the OT , the Jews, not the Gentiles, were "God's Chosen".

Then....From the moment that Jesus died on the Cross, the WORLD was now available to redeem.

So, this "new covenant" that is Jesus on the Cross, as "the only Way to the Father"... John 14:6 is a open invitation to "all who will believe in Christ shall be saved".

Calvin, teaches otherwise...
He teaches that the Cross is not John 3:16., "for God so loved the WORLD (all people)... that God GAVE Jesus"..
Calvin teaches that for no reason at all, God will choose your Mother but not your Father to save.
God will choose you eldest child to go to heaven, but not your youngest.....for no reason.

THAT's CALVINISM !

Calvin teaches that before SOME are born, they are "Pre-destined" to burn in the Lake of Fire, and "Chosen" for this..

So, such is the Devil's Lie, that is : "Calvinism".

Reader..
One other thing to note, is when you talk to a deceived Calvinist, (all of them)... and you ask them... ."how is it that your neighbors, or some of the Forum members here,..,are born pre-destined for Hell,..... while, all of your family is pre-destined for heaven". ??

So, that is just one more incredible deception that you find that these mind blinded people believe... among many others.

Calvinism is Cross Rejecting Theological Insanity.
John Calvin was one of the greatest religious nuts, who ever walked this earth.

And that devil, didn't die well.
and ... that's quite appropriate when you consider that his Satanic Theology has ruined the faith, and lives, of countless people for obo 500 yrs., and continues to be a spiritual cancer on the Body of Christ., and on this Forum, and many like it.

As Hitler is to the Jew.......J Calvin's Theology is to the Cross.

That's a fact.

Last edited:

Robert Pate

Aug 6, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No He didnt die for all sinners, He died for the ones only who He reconciled to God by His Death and saved by His Life Rom 5:10

10 For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.

Only those who are opposed to Christ deny this !
Jesus died for the sins of the whole world. If you deny that he did, then you do not believe that Jesus is Lord. Your Calvinist Jesus is a failure.

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Now answer us...

Again anyone dying in their sins in unbelief, Christ didnt die for them.

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm curious how you understand this part:

2 Corinthians 5:17-20 KJV
17) Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.
18) And all things are of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation;
19) To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.
20) Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech you by us: we pray you in Christ's stead, be ye reconciled to God.

We were reconciled to God. God reconciled the world to Himself. And then the admonition, Be ye reconciled to God. Why that last part?

Much love!
The Last part Be ye reconciled is to the already reconciled, and thats when God brings them to believing what has already taken place. If you notice, be ye reconciled is in the passive voice, which means God is causing the experiential reconciliation unto the objective fact.

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, Jesus knew who was going to betray Him..
So, did Jesus CAUSE Judas to betray Him? ???

Jesus KNEW who would never believe.......

KNOWING, is not CAUSING,.

"Jesus KNEW their THOUGHTS....

He didn't cause them, @Brightframe

So, like i told you.. You are not in a safe place, by being so determined to continue to try to shove Calvin's Cross rejecting Theology down the throats of real believers.

Its not good, its dangerous to "Tread underfoot the blood of Jesus" and do "despite to the Spirit of Grace" by teaching Calvin's LIE against the Cross of Christ on a Public forum.
The reason why folk go on in unbelief and die in their sins is because Christ never died for them, they were not of His Sheep.

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus died for the sins of the whole world. If you deny that he did, then you do not believe that Jesus is Lord. Your Calvinist Jesus is a failure.
The sinners Christ died for are reconciled to God and saved by Christs Life Rom 5:10

For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.

So no sinner Christ died for can die in their sins in unbelief, if you deny that, you are against Christ.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
The reason why folk go on in unbelief and die in their sins is because Christ never died for them, they were not of His Sheep.

And that is because they didnt "BELIEVE".
That is a CHOICE.... = FREE WILL.

Jesus said...>"IF... you do not believe in me, (that i am the Messiah) you will die in your SINS">.

Not because God pre-destined them to not be chosen to believe, but because they refused to believe.

This is "sinning willfully", as you find in Hebrews 10:26.

This is "trodding underfoot the blood of Jesus", and "doing despite to the Spirit of Grace" as you find in Hebrews 10 and Hebrews 6.

SEE..... when you choose to reject Christ, then "there remains no more sacrifice for your sin"... as you have rejected the SACRIFICE who IS... JESUS.