The Gospel!! What is it?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He is leading me to discuss the word but you and some keep trying to silence me for you don't want to hear what it is I am saying so I give in to not upset you two any more
Start you own thread.
Post within the CB rules and if disputations continue by those who upset you, put them on ignore.
That is what I've took to doing to keep bad spirits out.
Not all that say as the word goes ARE!

Reactions: Godslittleservant

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
He is leading me to discuss the word but you and some keep trying to silence me for you don't want to hear what it is I am saying so I give in to not upset you two any more
Stop listening to that enemy in your head.

Who should you be following what others are saying or God?

I just said take a break....that was all....I learnt a lot from our discussion.....sometimes it will get heated....then you just stand on God’s word.

Come back and discuss....I’m trying to understand what you are saying...

Godslittleservant

Aug 28, 2023
Kansas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
On second thought he is telling me to just ignore you and EG and continue spreading the good news as he gives it so I will honor the spirit and continue to discuss with the others and just ignore the persecution that comes with it.

Reactions: L.A.M.B.

Godslittleservant

Aug 28, 2023
Kansas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Stop listening to that enemy in your head.

Who should you be following what others are saying or God?

I just said take a break....that was all....I learnt a lot from our discussion.....sometimes it will get heated....then you just stand on God’s word.

Come back and discuss....I’m trying to understand what you are saying...
Ok then I apologize for I miss read your intention it seemed to me you wanted nme to leave

Reactions: Ritajanice

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Ok then I apologize for I miss read your intention it seemed to me you wanted nme to leave
No way,Brother...that’s a lie from the Devil......nothing wrong in challenging each other...if we think the other is in error.....I’ve been in error and was corrected by a Brother.

I’m sorry I came across that way...apologies...let’s start afresh....

Godslittleservant

Aug 28, 2023
Kansas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You have given me your eisegesis and it's you who refuses to accept numerous passages of scripture which make it clear that we are saved through belief/faith "apart from additions or modifications." (John 1:12; 3:15,16,18,36; 6:29,40,47; 11:25,26; Acts 10:43; 13:39; 15:7-9; 16:31; 26:18; Romans 1:16; 3:24-28; 4:5; 5:1; 10:4; 1 Corinthians 1:21; Galatians 2:16; 3:7-9, 26; Ephesians 2:8; 2 Timothy 3:15; Philippians 3:9; Hebrews 10:39; 1 John 5:13 etc..). You nullify the meaning of these numerous passages of scripture in an effort to accommodate a few pets verses. It's your teaching that remains in contradiction to salvation by grace through faith, not works.

In Acts 2:38, "for the remission of sins" does not refer back to both clauses, "you all repent" and "each one of you be baptized," but refers only to the first. Peter is saying "repent unto the remission of your sins," the same as in Acts 3:19. The clause "each one of you be baptized" is parenthetical. This is exactly what Acts 3:19 teaches except that Peter omits the parenthesis.

*Also compare the fact that these Gentiles in Acts 10:45 received the gift of the Holy Spirit (compare with Acts 2:38 - the gift of the Holy Spirit) and this was BEFORE water baptism. (Acts 10:47)

In Acts 10:43 we read ..whoever believes in Him receives remission of sins. Again, these Gentiles received the gift of the Holy Spirit - Acts 10:45 - when they believed on the Lord Jesus Christ - Acts 11:17 - (compare with Acts 16:31 - Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and you will be saved) BEFORE water baptism - Acts 10:47. This is referred to as repentance unto life - Acts 11:18.

*So, the only logical conclusion when properly harmonizing scripture with scripture is that faith in Jesus Christ "implied in genuine repentance" (rather than water baptism) brings the remission of sins and the gift of the Holy Spirit (Luke 24:47; Acts 2:38; 3:19; 5:31; 10:43-47; 11:17,18; 15:7-9; 16:31; 26:18). *Perfect Harmony*

Neither Paul or Peter or wrong. You need to properly harmonize scripture with scripture before reaching your conclusion on doctrine instead of hanging your hat on a pet verse in an effort to accommodate your biased church doctrine.
I will get back to you shortly and have to reread and gather my thoughts

• Love
Reactions: Ritajanice

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Godslittleservant
This is what you live by, NOT what others say. The very words of life. Some have their own private or other's interpretation, or see little need to study the word.
2 Timothy 3:16
All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
17 That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I will get back to you shortly and have to reread and gather my thoughts
Excellent.....looking forward to reading your reply......

I learnt a lot from our discussion Brother...how rude I was....God allows everything for a reason....a Born Again will always learn the error of his/ her ways...as they have the Holy Spirit who convicts them.....we can’t get away with anything.

My stubborn heart has been dealt with I believe...this is to Glorify God....hows he’s at work through the Holy Spirit..in his children.

God Bless Brother and a fresh start..in Jesus Name...Amen!

So happy to see you back.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Godslittleservant

Godslittleservant

Aug 28, 2023
Kansas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You have given me your eisegesis and it's you who refuses to accept numerous passages of scripture which make it clear that we are saved through belief/faith "apart from additions or modifications." (John 1:12; 3:15,16,18,36; 6:29,40,47; 11:25,26; Acts 10:43; 13:39; 15:7-9; 16:31; 26:18; Romans 1:16; 3:24-28; 4:5; 5:1; 10:4; 1 Corinthians 1:21; Galatians 2:16; 3:7-9, 26; Ephesians 2:8; 2 Timothy 3:15; Philippians 3:9; Hebrews 10:39; 1 John 5:13 etc..). You nullify the meaning of these numerous passages of scripture in an effort to accommodate a few pets verses. It's your teaching that remains in contradiction to salvation by grace through faith, not works.

Can we not all agree that to believe in him means to believe his words the gospel of Christ and all that it teaches? That is what I was pointing out in Acts 19:1-5 when Paul asked them when they believed he was talking about the gospel which included baptism so that is why he asked then what was you baptized into so if you believe you believe all that is taught in his words.

Therefore I am nullifying any but accepting all that was taught including what was taught about being baptized in the name of Jesus Christ just as the first sermon preached after the cross said word for word. Jesus on the cross was preached and baptism in his name is our response to the cross as was preached it s for the remission of sin as stated and for the giving of the spirit. This is backed up as truth by other passages

Yes I am not saying we don't need to have faith because with out faith baptism is nothing but getting wet but if we have faith in what God says about baptism then it has glorious blessing for us it is the grace of God if we allow scriptures to show us.

The reason I stress the study of baptism is because some in the religious spectrum is not seeing the truth so I am just pointing it out not trying to be rude but to point to all the scriptures that teach baptism in its full truth. So I agree with faith and repentance and confession just not faith alone cause I do not see the scriptures saying that in full context of the truth on salvation. Some of us have stripped baptism of its true biblical meaning from scripture so that is why I am studying the topic on baptism it is not to nullify faith or the rest but to try to see what is said about baptism in true biblical reasoning.

In Acts 2:38, "for the remission of sins" does not refer back to both clauses, "you all repent" and "each one of you be baptized," but refers only to the first. Peter is saying "repent unto the remission of your sins," the same as in Acts 3:19. The clause "each one of you be baptized" is parenthetical. This is exactly what Acts 3:19 teaches except that Peter omits the parenthesis.
Let us test this against other scripture
Acts 22:16 And now why tarriest thou? arise, and be baptized, and wash away thy sins, calling on the name of the Lord.
Paul says that baptism washes away sin just as Acts 2:38 said it did so Paul's says it was the baptism in the name of Jesus Christ that washed away the sin not in the repentance.
Acts 19:1-5 Paul says that it is the baptism in the name of Jesus Christ that the spirit is given just as it says in Acts 2:38
So not me but scripture says that Acts 2:38 is true to its word. You are arguing against scripture not me I am just pointing out what scriptures say to back itself.
*Also compare the fact that these Gentiles in Acts 10:45 received the gift of the Holy Spirit (compare with Acts 2:38 - the gift of the Holy Spirit) and this was BEFORE water baptism. (Acts 10:47)
Yes but as I have been trying to point out that it has two separate functions.
The out pouring you are pointing to only happen in the two cases you pointed out first on the Apostles (Jews) on the day of Pentecost (Acts 2) and then on Cornelius ( the gentiles ) Acts 10
This does not give the indwelling but the gift of sign for the purpose told us in
Mark 16:17 And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;
18 They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.
19 So then after the Lord had spoken unto them, he was received up into heaven, and sat on the right hand of God.
20 And they went forth, and preached every where, the Lord working with them, and confirming the word with signs following. Amen.

In Acts 10:43 we read ..whoever believes in Him receives remission of sins. Again, these Gentiles received the gift of the Holy Spirit - Acts 10:45 - when they believed on the Lord Jesus Christ - Acts 11:17 - (compare with Acts 16:31 - Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and you will be saved) BEFORE water baptism - Acts 10:47. This is referred to as repentance unto life - Acts 11:18.

Acts 10:43 is Peter preaching the same gospel to them he preached on the day of Pentecost Acts 10:45 the spirit came upon (poured out) on them does not say they got the indwelling but the spirit is working to verify that they are to be added (same as in Acts 2) Acts 11:17 the like gift is the out pouring not the indwelling Does not say they did not need to be baptized in Christ name for remission of sin and to receive the indwelling that is why Peter commanded them to be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ so they could receive the blessing that is in that baptism

Acts 16:31 needed the context to fully understand
30 And brought them out, and said, Sirs, what must I do to be saved?
31 And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.
32 And they spake unto him the word of the Lord, and to all that were in his house.
33 And he took them the same hour of the night, and washed their stripes; and was baptized, he and all his, straightway.

With the full context it says they asked what to do to be saved and they answered to believe on the Lord Jesus Christ. But that is not all because they do not know what to believe until the gospel is preached so they preached the gospel and the believed and were baptized in the name of Jesus Christ just as we read in Romans 10:13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.
14 How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher?
15 And how shall they preach, except they be sent? as it is written, How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things!
16 But they have not all obeyed the gospel. For Esaias saith, Lord, who hath believed our report?
17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

*So, the only logical conclusion when properly harmonizing scripture with scripture is that faith in Jesus Christ "implied in genuine repentance" (rather than water baptism) brings the remission of sins and the gift of the Holy Spirit (Luke 24:47; Acts 2:38; 3:19; 5:31; 10:43-47; 11:17,18; 15:7-9; 16:31; 26:18). *Perfect Harmony*
Not quite you left Mark 16:16 and Romans six and have rewritten Acts 2:38 to fit your view. You don't add in that Paul said that he was baptized to wash away sin in Acts 22:16 and that Paul says in Acts 19;1-5 that it is in the baptism in Christ name that the spirit is given.and in Romans 6 that Paul says it is in the baptism that we are freed from sin and alive in Christ and if he says in Acts 19 that the spirit is given in the baptism in Christ name then it is most likely that is what he is talking about in Romans 6 unless he is teaching others different teachings. I know you are a smart guy so lets put our reasoning cap on and try to harmonize these passages also.
Neither Paul or Peter or wrong. You need to properly harmonize scripture with scripture before reaching your conclusion on doctrine instead of hanging your hat on a pet verse in an effort to accommodate your biased church doctrine.
This my brother is exactly what I am tryng to get you to do for you are all wrong on you view of baptism so we need to carefully look at the passages that deal with baptism then we can get the full view of what scripture is dealing with. Do you want to look ate all the passages on baptism with me?

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Can we not all agree that to believe in him means to believe his words the gospel of Christ and all that it teaches?
To believe in Him goes beyond simply believing that Jesus exists and that everything He taught is the truth. To believe in Him unto salvation means to trust in Jesus Christ alone for salvation. (John 3:16) The gospel is a message of grace that is to be received through faith. The gospel is not a set of rituals to perform, a code of laws to be obeyed or a check list of good works to accomplish as a prerequisite for salvation. To "believe" the gospel goes beyond simply believing that His death, burial and resurrection "happened." To believe the gospel means to trust in the death, burial and resurrection of Christ as the ALL-sufficient means of our salvation. (Romans 1:16; 1 Corinthians 15:1-4)

That is what I was pointing out in Acts 19:1-5 when Paul asked them when they believed he was talking about the gospel which included baptism so that is why he asked then what was you baptized into so if you believe you believe all that is taught in his words.
Water baptism is not included in the gospel. (Acts 15:7-9; 1 Corinthians 1:17; 15:1-4)

Therefore I am nullifying any but accepting all that was taught including what was taught about being baptized in the name of Jesus Christ just as the first sermon preached after the cross said word for word. Jesus on the cross was preached and baptism in his name is our response to the cross as was preached it s for the remission of sin as stated and for the giving of the spirit. This is backed up as truth by other passages
Since the gospel does not include water baptism + other works, you are nullifying numerous passages of scripture which make it clear that we are saved through belief/faith "apart from additions or modifications" as I already explained in post #166. Water baptism is "in regard to/on the basis of" forgiveness of sins received upon repentance (faith implied or assumed) instead of in order to obtain remission of sins. In Matthew 3:11, we read - I baptize you with water "for" repentance.. Now was this baptism for "in order to obtain" repentance? OR was this baptism for "in regard to/on the basis of" repentance? Getting water baptized in order to obtain repentance makes no sense at all. Repentance precedes water baptism.

In Acts 26:18, we read - to open their eyes, in order to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan to God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins and an inheritance among those who are sanctified by faith in Me. *What happened to baptism? Also, what happened to baptism in Luke 24:47; Acts 3:19; 5:31; 10:43-47; 11:17,18; 15:7-9; 16:31 along with numerous other passages of scripture which clearly teach we are saved through belief/faith with no mention of baptism? You end up trying to "shoehorn" water baptism "into" belief/faith but the shoes doesn't fit.

Yes I am not saying we don't need to have faith because with out faith baptism is nothing but getting wet but if we have faith in what God says about baptism then it has glorious blessing for us it is the grace of God if we allow scriptures to show us.
What kind of faith does not trust in Jesus Christ alone for salvation? Not saving faith. Faith in water baptism and other works for salvation is not authentic faith in Christ. Our faith is either 100% in Jesus Christ for salvation or else we are 100% lost. (John 3:18)

The reason I stress the study of baptism is because some in the religious spectrum is not seeing the truth so I am just pointing it out not trying to be rude but to point to all the scriptures that teach baptism in its full truth.
Keep in mind that I was born and raised in the Roman Catholic church and even spent some time in the church of Christ prior to my conversion several years ago. Plus, I have been a member of multiple Christian forum sites for over 10 years now and have heard every argument under the sun for water baptism salvation, so none of your arguments are anything new or enlightening.

So I agree with faith and repentance and confession just not faith alone cause I do not see the scriptures saying that in full context of the truth on salvation.
Faith alone does not mean repentance and confession are exempt. It simply means the moment that we place our faith (belief, trust, reliance) in Jesus Christ alone for salvation we are saved. Those who have done so have already repented in the process of changing their mind and choosing to place their faith in Jesus Christ alone for salvation. (Acts 20:21) The word of faith is in our mouth and in our heart TOGETHER and confessing with our mouth that Jesus is Lord and believing in our heart that God raised Him from the dead are not two separate steps to salvation but are chronologically together. (Romans 10:8-10) It's not believes unto righteousness with the heart (but still lost) then repent and confess afterward in order to become saved. The church of Christ gets this mixed up in their 4-5 step plan of salvation, which is the result of bad semantics and flawed hermeneutics.

Some of us have stripped baptism of its true biblical meaning from scripture so that is why I am studying the topic on baptism it is not to nullify faith or the rest but to try to see what is said about baptism in true biblical reasoning.
Show me just one verse in the Bible that says, "whoever is not baptized will not be saved."

CONTINUED...

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Godslittleservant said:
Let us test this against other scripture
Acts 22:16 And now why tarriest thou? arise, and be baptized, and wash away thy sins, calling on the name of the Lord.

Excellent article on Acts 22:16 - Acts 22:16--Baptism Essential for Salvation?

No scripture is to be interpreted in isolation from the totality of scripture. Practically speaking, a singular and obscure verse is to be subservient to multiple and clear verses, and not vice versa.

Paul says that baptism washes away sin just as Acts 2:38 said it did so Paul's says it was the baptism in the name of Jesus Christ that washed away the sin not in the repentance.
Jamison, Fausset, and Brown Commentary makes not of the importance of the Greek in Ananias' statement. When Ananias tells Paul to "arise, be baptized, wash away your sins, calling on the name of the Lord," the tense of the last command is literally "having called" (aorist middle participle). "Calling on [epikalesamenos] --- 'having (that is, after having) called on,' referring the confession of Christ which preceded baptism." [Jamison, Fausset, and Brown Commentary, vol. 3 pg. 160]. Kenneth Wuest picks up on this Greek nuance and translates the verse as follows: "And now, why are you delaying? Having arisen, be baptized and wash away your sins, having previously called upon His Name." (Acts 22:16, Wuest's Expanded NT).

Paul had already believed in Christ when Ananias came to pray for him to receive his sight (Acts 9:17). It also should be noted that Paul at the time when Ananias prayed for him to receive his sight, he was filled with the Holy Spirit (Acts 9:17)--this was BEFORE he was water baptized. (Acts 9:18) Verse 17 connects his being filled with the Spirit with the receiving of his sight. We know that he received his sight prior to his baptism. As Greek scholar AT Robertson points out that baptism here pictures the washing away of sins by the blood of Christ. The language in Acts 22:16 is similar to the statement of Christ when He took the bread and said, "This is my body." (Matthew 26:26) The bread was only the emblem of His body. Baptism is the emblem of the washing away of sins by the blood of Christ. Every time a believer is immersed, he washes away his sins in the same SENSE Paul did: not literally, but ceremonially, pointing to the blood of Christ by which sins are actually washed away. (1 John 1:7; Revelation 1:5)

Acts 19:1-5 Paul says that it is the baptism in the name of Jesus Christ that the spirit is given just as it says in Acts 2:38
So not me but scripture says that Acts 2:38 is true to its word. You are arguing against scripture not me I am just pointing out what scriptures say to back itself.
It's actually you who is arguing against scripture. In regard to Acts 19:2, their answer to Paul's question, “we have not so much as heard whether there is a Holy Spirit” demonstrated that they were not yet believers in Jesus Christ unto salvation. Paul further asked, "into what then were you baptized? They said, “into John’s baptism.” Then Paul said, “John indeed baptized with a baptism of repentance, saying to the people that they should believe on Him who would come after him, that is, on Christ Jesus.”

When they heard this, they were afterwards baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus. There would have been no need to re-baptize them if they had already believed on Christ Jesus unto salvation. These disciples of John needed further instructions to become believers on Christ Jesus then afterwards, they received the Holy Spirit after Paul laid hands on them (which is the exception, not the rule in every case of conversion, as in Acts 2 and Acts 10).

There are a handful of verses in the Bible that water-salvationists try to use as proof texts that water baptism is absolutely necessary for salvation, yet a careful examination of each of these texts in context will show that none of them prove that baptism is absolutely required for salvation, though they do prove that baptism was an assumed initiatory response to the gospel of salvation. In other words, these texts prove only that baptism is regularly associated with conversion and salvation, rather than absolutely required for salvation.

Baptism is a symbol of salvation in that it pictures Christ's death, burial and resurrection and our identification with Him in these experiences. In reality, believers are literally saved by what baptism symbolizes--Christ's death, burial and resurrection. Baptism would have no meaning without Christ’s death, burial and resurrection, but Christ’s death, burial and resurrection would still have meaning, even if there were no baptism. In other words, Christ’s death, burial and resurrection is the substance and baptism is the sign/symbol/picture. Without the substance there would be no sign/symbol/picture. Baptism put it in its proper place, subsequent to salvation through faith in Christ as all rites and works must be.

CONTINUED...

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Godslittleservant said:
Yes but as I have been trying to point out that it has two separate functions.
The out pouring you are pointing to only happen in the two cases you pointed out first on the Apostles (Jews) on the day of Pentecost (Acts 2) and then on Cornelius ( the gentiles ) Acts 10
This does not give the indwelling but the gift of sign for the purpose told us in
Mark 16:17 And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;
18 They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.
19 So then after the Lord had spoken unto them, he was received up into heaven, and sat on the right hand of God.
20 And they went forth, and preached every where, the Lord working with them, and confirming the word with signs following. Amen.
Absolutely false. In Acts 2 and Acts 10 the indwelling of the Holy Spirit was included but you are forced to believe otherwise in order to accommodate your biased doctrine. In addition to receiving the gift of the Holy Spirit in Acts 10, these Gentiles also spoke in tongues, which is a spiritual gift that is ONLY for the body of Christ. (1 Corinthians 12) These Gentiles clearly believed, received the gift of the Holy Spirit, spokes in tongues and were saved prior to receiving water baptism. Period.

Acts 10:43 is Peter preaching the same gospel to them he preached on the day of Pentecost Acts 10:45 the spirit came upon (poured out) on them does not say they got the indwelling but the spirit is working to verify that they are to be added (same as in Acts 2) Acts 11:17 the like gift is the out pouring not the indwelling Does not say they did not need to be baptized in Christ name for remission of sin and to receive the indwelling that is why Peter commanded them to be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ so they could receive the blessing that is in that baptism
You are not being honest with the text here. Once again you need to compare the fact that these Gentiles in Acts 10:45 received the gift of the Holy Spirit (compare with Acts 2:38 - the gift of the Holy Spirit) and this was BEFORE water baptism. (Acts 10:47)

This is clearly the indwelling of the Holy Spirit. Acts 10:47 - Can anyone forbid water, that these should not be baptized who have received the Holy Spirit just as we have?” Acts 11:17 - God gave them the same gift (Holy Spirit) as He gave us when we believed on the Lord Jesus Christ.. Acts 15:7 - And when there had been much dispute, Peter rose up and said to them: “Men and brethren, you know that a good while ago God chose among us, that by my mouth the Gentiles should hear the word of the gospel and believe. So God, who knows the heart, acknowledged them by giving them the Holy Spirit, just as He did to us, and made no distinction between us and them, purifying their hearts by faith. Your eisegesis just doesn't fit.

Acts 16:31 needed the context to fully understand
30 And brought them out, and said, Sirs, what must I do to be saved?
31 And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.
32 And they spake unto him the word of the Lord, and to all that were in his house.
33 And he took them the same hour of the night, and washed their stripes; and was baptized, he and all his, straightway.
The context doesn't change the fact that Acts 16:31 says, "Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and you will be saved." It does not say, "Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and get baptized and you will be saved." That is your eisegesis.

With the full context it says they asked what to do to be saved and they answered to believe on the Lord Jesus Christ. But that is not all because they do not know what to believe until the gospel is preached so they preached the gospel and the believed and were baptized in the name of Jesus Christ just as we read in Romans 10:13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.
14 How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher?
15 And how shall they preach, except they be sent? as it is written, How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things!
16 But they have not all obeyed the gospel. For Esaias saith, Lord, who hath believed our report?
17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.
No mention of baptism in Romans 10:13 or Romans 10:16 and we call upon the name of the Lord in faith to save us. Also, we obey the gospel by choosing to believe the gospel. Romans 10:16 - But they have not all obeyed the gospel. For Isaiah says, “ LORD, who has believed our report?”

Not quite you left Mark 16:16 and Romans six and have rewritten Acts 2:38 to fit your view. You don't add in that Paul said that he was baptized to wash away sin in Acts 22:16 and that Paul says in Acts 19;1-5 that it is in the baptism in Christ name that the spirit is given.and in Romans 6 that Paul says it is in the baptism that we are freed from sin and alive in Christ and if he says in Acts 19 that the spirit is given in the baptism in Christ name then it is most likely that is what he is talking about in Romans 6 unless he is teaching others different teachings. I know you are a smart guy so lets put our reasoning cap on and try to harmonize these passages also.
Mark 16:16 - He who believes and is baptized will be saved (general cases without making a qualification for the unusual case of someone who believes but is not baptized) but he who does not believe will be condemned.

The omission of baptized with "does not believe" shows that Jesus does not make baptism absolutely necessary for salvation. Condemnation rests on unbelief and not on a lack of baptism. *NOWHERE does the Bible say, "baptized or condemned."

If water baptism is absolutely required for salvation, then we would expect Jesus to mention it in the following verses. (3:15,16,18; 5:24; 6:29,40,47; 11:25,26) Yet what is the 1 requirement that Jesus mentions 9 different times in each of these complete statements? *BELIEVES. *What happened to baptism? *Hermeneutics.

John 3:18 - He who believes in Him is not condemned; but he who (is not water baptized? - NO) does not believe is condemned already, because he has not (been water baptized? - NO) because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

I already previously covered Acts 22:16 and Acts 19:1-5 in this post. In regard to Romans 6, see - Romans 6 - Robertson's Word Pictures in the New Testament - Bible Commentaries - StudyLight.org

This my brother is exactly what I am tryng to get you to do for you are all wrong on you view of baptism so we need to carefully look at the passages that deal with baptism then we can get the full view of what scripture is dealing with. Do you want to look ate all the passages on baptism with me?
As I previously mentioned, I was born and raised in the Roman Catholic church and even spent some time in the church of Christ prior to my conversion several years ago. Plus, I have been a member of multiple Christian forum sites for over 10 years now and have heard every argument under the sun for water baptism salvation, so you are barking up the wrong tree. It sounds to me like you have been thoroughly indoctrinated by the church of Christ and it will be very difficult to reach you.

Last edited:

Godslittleservant

Aug 28, 2023
Kansas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Way to much to answer in one post will take them in a few at a time computer was down all day will get to this when I can spend the quality time it deserves

Reactions: mailmandan

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This was the law that was upon abrahams heart . GOD SAID , ABRAHAM BELEIVED, ABRHAM DID .
FAITH .
It also says we will be saved by that same faith

11 And he received the sign of circumcision, a seal of the righteousness of the faith which he had while still uncircumcised, that he might be the father of all those who believe, though they are uncircumcised, that righteousness might be imputed to them also, 12 and the father of circumcision to those who not only are of the circumcision, but who also walk in the steps of the faith which our father Abraham had while still uncircumcised.

16 Therefore it is of faith that it might be according to grace, so that the promise might be sure to all the seed, not only to those who are of the law, but also to those who are of the faith of Abraham, who is the father of us all

Reactions: amigo de christo

Godslittleservant

Aug 28, 2023
Kansas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As I previously mentioned, I was born and raised in the Roman Catholic church and even spent some time in the church of Christ prior to my conversion several years ago. Plus, I have been a member of multiple Christian forum sites for over 10 years now and have heard every argument under the sun for water baptism salvation, so you are barking up the wrong tree. It sounds to me like you have been thoroughly indoctrinated by the church of Christ and it will be very difficult to reach you.
Yes my observation is that you have been thoroughly indoctrinated by Calvinism and there is no reaching you. There is really no need to go further for it will be round and round and not fruitful at all. We totally see scripture teaching two different things and cannot come to the truth in scripture because of our preconceived ideals. We don't want to admit our eyes and ears are closed to new understanding but the truth is we are cause we are so confident in our own understanding.

I have as well as you have presented our understanding of the scriptures from the start of this thread to now and have not help either to come to any new understanding so we must shake the dust from our feet and move on.

I leave you with your own understanding because I am aware that nothing I can show you will make a difference but we both can not be right so I hope we find the truth because there is only one truth in Gods word and it is up to us to search it out. May God continue to bless us and lead us to the unity in the truth.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes my observation is that you have been thoroughly indoctrinated by Calvinism and there is no reaching you. There is really no need to go further for it will be round and round and not fruitful at all. We totally see scripture teaching two different things and cannot come to the truth in scripture because of our preconceived ideals. We don't want to admit our eyes and ears are closed to new understanding but the truth is we are cause we are so confident in our own understanding.

I have as well as you have presented our understanding of the scriptures from the start of this thread to now and have not help either to come to any new understanding so we must shake the dust from our feet and move on.

I leave you with your own understanding because I am aware that nothing I can show you will make a difference but we both can not be right so I hope we find the truth because there is only one truth in Gods word and it is up to us to search it out. May God continue to bless us and lead us to the unity in the truth.
lol,

He has never been to a Calvinist church. nor does he hold Calvinist teachings.

One could say you have been thoroughly indoctrinated with Arminian teachings, Or Church of Christ teachings. OR SDA teachings thus you can never be reached..

I suggest you stop looking at who teaches what. and lets look at the word.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It also says we will be saved by that same faith

11 And he received the sign of circumcision, a seal of the righteousness of the faith which he had while still uncircumcised, that he might be the father of all those who believe, though they are uncircumcised, that righteousness might be imputed to them also, 12 and the father of circumcision to those who not only are of the circumcision, but who also walk in the steps of the faith which our father Abraham had while still uncircumcised.

16 Therefore it is of faith that it might be according to grace, so that the promise might be sure to all the seed, not only to those who are of the law, but also to those who are of the faith of Abraham, who is the father of us all
And who was abrahams faith in , who did abraham believe . GOD .
And now a word FROM JESUS LONG , LONG ago to the JEWS who did not BELIEVE ON HIM as the CHRIST .
Had you loved GOD you would have loved me , CAUSE i came forth OF GOD .
HAD You beleived , really beleived MOSES , you would have BELIEVED ME , for he wrote of me .
IF ONE BELIEVETH NOT IN JESUS CHRIST , THEN THEY DO NOT as ABRHAM DID , THEY DONT BELIEVE GOD .
OOPSY DAISY . THERE REALLY ONLY IS ONE WAY TO GOD and YE , no matter whether one be a jew or gentile , MUST BELIEVE .
We can say all day WE LOVE GOD , heck the muslims claim to LOVE GOD and to heed MOSES
BUT THEY DO NEITHER . HAD they truly believed MOSES they woulod have BELEIVED JESUS IS THE CHRIST .
HAD they truly loved GOD they would have LOVEDCHRIST JESUS . You cant love GOD and HATE CHRIST . PEROID .
You cant love GOD and DENY the gospel . PEROID .
And its about time this all inclusive rainbow generation LEARNS THAT WELL . YE cant LOVE BUDDA and GOD
YE cannot love false religoins and GOD . AINT GONNA HAPPEN . YE MUST BELIEVE GOD
and if we do THEN WE WOULD HAVE BELIEVED HIS TESTIMONY OF HIS SON . BULLSEYE . BINGO .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
lol,

He has never been to a Calvinist church. nor does he hold Calvinist teachings.

One could say you have been thoroughly indoctrinated with Arminian teachings, Or Church of Christ teachings. OR SDA teachings thus you can never be reached..

I suggest you stop looking at who teaches what. and lets look at the word.
Lets reread that last sentence again . take a real good look at it .
Stop looking at who teaches what and lets look at the word . BINGO , BIBLE TIME . lets examine
and see if we walk according to TRUTH or according to what men have rather tried to pass off as truth . Please understand
what that last truth was not captilized . BUT YES . ITS TIME WE EXAMINE ALL THINGS WELL .
BY TAKING HEED ACCORDING TO HIS WORD and words . Now let all that has breath both praise and thank
and then dance a jig of praise with thanksgiving unto the LORD . PS if anyone is diabled and unable to dance a jig
JUST PUT THOSE HANDS UP AND PRAISE THE LORD .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Actually, I'm not a 5 point Calvinist yet I agree there is no need to keep going round and round. May God continue to bless us and lead us to the unity in the truth indeed. :)

Reactions: marks