The Gospel!! What is it?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mark 16 must be harmonized with John

You can;t do it. I can.

Again, Why do you boast of saving yourself by allowing a man to immerse you in water
John 3:18 - He who believes in Him is not condemned; but he who (is not water baptized? - NO) does not believe is condemned already, because he has not (been water baptized? - NO) because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
John 3:18 - He who believes in Him is not condemned; but he who (is not water baptized? - NO) does not believe is condemned already, because he has not (been water baptized? - NO) because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.
Amen!...we must believe in Jesus before any birth can take place.....then we go in obedience and be water baptised...in a way I believe we are re in acting all that we received from the rebirth....

I’m trying to think of the right word.

We are repenting, having our sins washed away,...re in acting what the Spirit has already done/ given us by the washing of regeneration, only we are re in acting it out in WATER........does that make sense?

Online commentary.

Water baptism is a symbol of Jesus Christ's death, burial and resurrection. We enter the water as a symbol of entering into a relationship with Jesus Christ, coming just as we are, clothed in our old life with all of its habits, mindsets and behaviours.

Last edited:

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is a good start but not complete You left out the baptism in the nae of Jesus Christ is is part of the cross if you believe Peter and Paul you can not close your eyes to it you must understand what they are telling you about it is is as much Gods grace as believing repenting and confessing.
1 Corinthians 1:18 - For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. 19 For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent. 20 Where is the wise? where is the scribe? where is the disputer of this world? has not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that BELIEVE.

I have not closed my eyes to repentance which is a change of mind that precedes saving belief/faith in Christ.

Matthew 21:32 - For John came to you to show you the way of righteousness, and you did not believe him, but the tax collectors and the prostitutes did. And even after you saw this, you did not repent and believe him.

Mark 1:15 - And saying, The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand: repent and believe the gospel.

Acts 20:21 - testifying both to Jews and to Greeks of repentance toward God and of faith in our Lord Jesus Christ.

*Notice the order and repentance and saving belief/faith in Christ are two sides to the same coin.

Confessing with our mouth that Jesus is Lord and believing in our heart that God raised Him from the dead are not two separate steps to salvation but are chronologically together. Romans 10:8 - But what does it say? "The word is near you, in your mouth and in your heart" (TOGETHER) that is, the word of faith which we are preaching, (notice the reverse order from verse 9-10) - that if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved; 10 for with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. Confess/believe; believe/confess.

1 Corinthians 12:3 - Therefore I make known to you that no one speaking by the Spirit of God calls Jesus accursed, and no one can say that Jesus is Lord except BY the Holy Spirit. There is divine influence or direct operation of the Holy Spirit in the heart of a person when confessing Jesus as Lord. This confession is not just a simple acknowledgment that Jesus is the Lord (even the demons believe that), but is a deep, personal conviction from the heart that Jesus is that person's Lord and Savior.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 Corinthians 1:6
For Christ sent me not to baptize, but to preach the gospel: not with wisdom of words, lest the cross of Christ should be made of none effect.

Just a thought. Some use this to say Paul did not preach the baptism in Christ name but scripture proves that to be a false statement.
Paul did preach baptism and did baptize some see Acts 19 where he taught baptism in the name of Jesus Christ and then baptized them in the name of Jesus Christ

So the context explains why he was reluctant to do the baptizing but he always taught baptism in Christ's name.
No one here is against baptism. There you go falsly accusing people again.

We are against the baptism that people preach must be done in order to be saved. Which is not founded in scripture.

You say you answered my question. I did nto see it. All i see is you continually point to acts 19. whIch I and myself have answered numerous times. They did NOT recieve the spirit because they were baptized. They recieved it BECAUSE Paul laid his hands on them

@Ritajanice even posted the very sentence from acts 19 that said that.

I was trying to get you to see the difference between you and me.

Paul said we have been saved by GRACE through fath….

We are not even saved by faith. We are saved by Grace. There is no works in Grace, Paul makes this clear in

Romans 4:4
Now to him who works, the wages are not counted as grace but as debt

Romans 11:6
And if by grace, then it is no longer of works; otherwise grace is no longer grace. But if it is of works, it is no longer grace; otherwise work is no longer work

2 Timothy 1:9
who has saved us and called us with a holy calling, not according to our works, but according to His own purpose and grace which was given to us in Christ Jesus before time began

Titus 3:5
not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to His mercy He saved us, through the washing of regeneration and renewing of the Holy Spirit

Here is one verse we have the new birth and the washing (baptism) of the Holy Spirit. And Paul telling us that is is not by our good (Righteous) deeds that we are saved, But By Gods mercy and grace

Water baptism is a work of righteousness. it is commanded. We should do it. We should obey ALL of Gods commands.

but it is not a salvic work. it is a symbol of the work of God who saved us with his holy calling and washing through his baptism and new birth.

Last edited:

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am not too fixated on one verse I have given you scripture after scripture to prove that the one verse means what it says but you have refused to show me why it does not. You are trying to nullify the meaning of those because it does not fit your belief but you have to go back and deal with the contradiction in your teaching.
You have given me your eisegesis and it's you who refuses to accept numerous passages of scripture which make it clear that we are saved through belief/faith "apart from additions or modifications." (John 1:12; 3:15,16,18,36; 6:29,40,47; 11:25,26; Acts 10:43; 13:39; 15:7-9; 16:31; 26:18; Romans 1:16; 3:24-28; 4:5; 5:1; 10:4; 1 Corinthians 1:21; Galatians 2:16; 3:7-9, 26; Ephesians 2:8; 2 Timothy 3:15; Philippians 3:9; Hebrews 10:39; 1 John 5:13 etc..). You nullify the meaning of these numerous passages of scripture in an effort to accommodate a few pets verses. It's your teaching that remains in contradiction to salvation by grace through faith, not works.

Paul has answered this for you being you cannot believe Peter knew what he was talking about in Acts 2:38 Paul tells you that yes it is in the baptism in the name of Jesus Christ that the spirit is given so if that part was true then it stands to reason that the sins are remitted as told also.
In Acts 2:38, "for the remission of sins" does not refer back to both clauses, "you all repent" and "each one of you be baptized," but refers only to the first. Peter is saying "repent unto the remission of your sins," the same as in Acts 3:19. The clause "each one of you be baptized" is parenthetical. This is exactly what Acts 3:19 teaches except that Peter omits the parenthesis.

*Also compare the fact that these Gentiles in Acts 10:45 received the gift of the Holy Spirit (compare with Acts 2:38 - the gift of the Holy Spirit) and this was BEFORE water baptism. (Acts 10:47)

In Acts 10:43 we read ..whoever believes in Him receives remission of sins. Again, these Gentiles received the gift of the Holy Spirit - Acts 10:45 - when they believed on the Lord Jesus Christ - Acts 11:17 - (compare with Acts 16:31 - Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and you will be saved) BEFORE water baptism - Acts 10:47. This is referred to as repentance unto life - Acts 11:18.

*So, the only logical conclusion when properly harmonizing scripture with scripture is that faith in Jesus Christ "implied in genuine repentance" (rather than water baptism) brings the remission of sins and the gift of the Holy Spirit (Luke 24:47; Acts 2:38; 3:19; 5:31; 10:43-47; 11:17,18; 15:7-9; 16:31; 26:18). *Perfect Harmony*

Now tell me why Paul and Peter both are wrong and you are right???
Neither Paul or Peter or wrong. You need to properly harmonize scripture with scripture before reaching your conclusion on doctrine instead of hanging your hat on a pet verse in an effort to accommodate your biased church doctrine.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The "Plan B" theory?

Which brings up the question, did Paul preach a different gospel than what Jesus did? Which is part of a larger question, are Jesus's Kingdom teachings relevant to us today?
Why would they be,

The kingdom was to be spread, with the disciples as witnesses to the whole world

Acts 1 But you shall receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you shall be [c]witnesses to Me in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth.”

Peter in Jerusalem, and paul to the gentiles. Started this movement of the kingdom of God. They would have taught the same gospel of Jesus. Remember Jesus visited paul face to face on the road to kill christians

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Don't let EG scare you away. There are plenty of people on here, and some of us are actually Christians!
Since when is asking an honest question scaring people away? He pushed acts 19 down everyones throat post after post after post..

I just returned the favor. However. I should not have written in it all caps like I did.. that was a mistake..

By the way, this post has been reported.

• Love
Reactions: Ritajanice

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

Mark 1:1-15 GNBUK​

This is the Good News about Jesus Christ, the Son of God. It began as the prophet Isaiah had written: “God said, ‘I will send my messenger ahead of you to clear the way for you.’ Someone is shouting in the desert, ‘Get the road ready for the Lord; make a straight path for him to travel!’ ” So John appeared in the desert, baptizing and preaching. “Turn away from your sins and be baptized,” he told the people, “and God will forgive your sins.” Many people from the province of Judea and the city of Jerusalem went out to hear John. They confessed their sins, and he baptized them in the River Jordan. John wore clothes made of camel's hair, with a leather belt round his waist, and his food was locusts and wild honey. He announced to the people, “The man who will come after me is much greater than I am. I am not good enough even to bend down and untie his sandals. I BAPISE YOU WITH WATER,BUT HE WILL BAPTISE YOU WITH THE HOLY SPIRIT “ Not long afterwards Jesus came from Nazareth in the province of Galilee, and was baptized by John in the Jordan. As soon as Jesus came up out of the water, he saw heaven opening and the Spirit coming down on him like a dove. And a voice came from heaven, “You are my own dear Son. I am pleased with you.” At once the Spirit made him go into the desert, where he stayed forty days, being tempted by Satan. Wild animals were there also, but angels came and helped him. After John had been put in prison, Jesus went to Galilee and preached the Good News from God. “The right time has come,” he said, “and the Kingdom of God is near! Turn away from your sins and believe the Good News!”

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The "Plan B" theory?

Which brings up the question, did Paul preach a different gospel than what Jesus did? Which is part of a larger question, are Jesus's Kingdom teachings relevant to us today?

There was no Plan B, to my thinking. God always knew what would happen, and always had planned for that. But I believe God is so True that when He put Adam in the garden, and told him don't eat from that tree, that God really did mean don't do it.

Learning the righteousness of the kingdom of God improves us even as learning the righteousness of the Law. We recognize we aren't the actual addressees of those parts, just the same, we learn about our God in what He addresses to others. Elsewise, why even read more than the Gospels and Paul's letters? But we know that All Scripture is useful.

Much love!

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

The Gospel!! What is it?​

Inanutshell…

The Gospel is the Word of God being REVEALED….UNCOVERED.

For centuries the Word of God was given “particular” men bit by bit, with a cloud of mystery,

Clouded mystery, WAS the inability of manKIND to see, recognize the WHOLE of the Big Picture.

Similar to a new born babe, a toddler, a juvenile, a youth, a teen, a young man, an adult and old man…reaching ‘hopefully’ WISDOM.
The Natural phases of life, bit by bit, learning more and more….and in Context of Gods Word….it is the SAME context.

Difference is…According to the WORLD, there are Laws, that Govern the teaching and participation of students, AND what they WILL be taught throughout those phases.

Hearing, Learning, Gods Word, has NO National, State, Local Governing Law of Requirement. But it DOES, withIN Gods Scriptural Precepts.

A child is a Parents gift from God. Along with that gift, God instructs how and what and when to teach that child.
Some parents DO (according to God), some parents DO NOT (according to God).
A child having NOT been taught…will still go through the phases of maturing, AND Become an Adult, and CAN or CAN NOT, take it upon himself to Hear, Learn what he missed learning in his youth.
As an adult, he alone will be responsible and held accountable for his own choices, to learn about God, or not. IOW, no excuses…my daddy this, my mama that, boo hoo, poor me. Irrelevant.

Jesus is the Word of God. Revealed to the World, in the likeness as a man, in a body God prepared…for Him to REVEAL face to face to men in the world…Uncovering things that HAD been KEPT Secret…
Beginning WIth…Jesus’…NAME.

Deut. 29:
[29] The secret things belong unto the LORD our God: but those things which are revealed belong unto us and to our children for ever, that we may do all the words of this law.

Judg 13
[18] And the angel of the LORD said unto him, Why askest thou thus after my name, seeing it issecret?

Matt 10:
[26] Fear them not therefore: for there is nothingcovered, that shall not be revealed; and hid, that shall not be known.

Matt 13:
[35] That it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the prophet, saying, I will open my mouth in parables; I will utter things which have been kept secret from the foundation of the world.

John 18:

[20] Jesus answered him, I spake openly to the world; I ever taught in the synagogue, and in the temple, whither the Jews always resort; and insecret have I said nothing.

Rom 16:
[25] Now to him that is of power to stablish you according to my gospel, and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery, which was kept secret since the world began,

Glory to God,
Taken

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I have read it and have a lot to say but out of respect for the board I will keep silent as asked.
If God is asking you to remain silent , that’s fine.

Just stay focused on the Holy and let him guide you....when you post.

That’s what I’ve been doing..then I don’t get caught up in the flesh.

It’s God we need to concentrate on...not ourselves.

Godslittleservant

Aug 28, 2023
Kansas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If God is asking you to remain silent , that’s fine.

Just stay focused on the Holy and let him guide you....when you post.

That’s what I’ve been doing..then I don’t get caught up in the flesh.

It’s God we need to concentrate on...not ourselves.
Its not God asking dear it is you and someone else

Godslittleservant

Aug 28, 2023
Kansas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I didn’t mean my post....I meant in the now...what do you believe the Holy Spirit is leading you to do?

Pray to him about it...
He is leading me to discuss the word but you and some keep trying to silence me for you don't want to hear what it is I am saying so I give in to not upset you two any more