The Great Apostacy

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jun2u

Mar 6, 2014
Southern CA.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And yet you claim Jesus is an archangel. Michael is an archangel and you claim Jesus is really Michael, so that would make Jesus an archangel.

Jude 1
9 Yet Michael the archangel, when contending with the devil he disputed about the body of Moses, durst not bring against him a railing accusation, but said, The Lord rebuke thee.

The word "could" indicates that you are unsure.
I don't subscribe to the Jehovah Witness faith.

The word “could” was the wrong choice of word.

Have you ever done a word study on the word “el” which is associated with names in the Bible that means God in Hebrew? Not sure in Greek. I’m confident if you had you will find that the name Michael (Mi-cha-el) means who is like God.

For example, the name Immanuel means God with us (Matthew 1:23). Likewise, in Genesis 1:1 Elohim is a plural word for God. There are no incidentals or coincidences in Scriptures but I do not think the name Michael was written in the Bible by accident.

This discussion is no longer profitable as all you can see is that Michael is an angel. You have no concept of spiritual understanding so I’ll have to terminate this discussion.

No I'm not a JW.

To God Be The Glory

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Have you ever done a word study on the word “el” which is associated with names in the Bible that means God in Hebrew? Not sure in Greek. I’m confident if you had you will find that the name Michael (Mi-cha-el) means who is like God.

You forgot the question mark after God........"Who is like God?"

And the phrase "who is like God" does not indicate the individual is God. I have a little bit of book learning too.

You have no concept of spiritual understanding so I’ll have to terminate this discussion.

Ok.

Jun2u

Mar 6, 2014
Southern CA.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You forgot the question mark after God........"Who is like God?"

And the phrase "who is like God" does not indicate the individual is God. I have a little bit of book learning too.

Ok.

I finally got you to agree... on something.
Jokes aside, it was good to discuss things with you.

BTW, there is not suppose to be a question mark after "Who is like God." The term is a definite declaration. But I've used other terms, like "Who assuredly is God?"

To God Be The Glory

Last edited:

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
BTW, there is not suppose to be a question mark after "Who is like God." The term is a definite declaration.

I agree, it is a definite declaration. But being "like" something doesn't mean you "are" that something.

Instead of dismissing my words, give them some thought.

But I've used other terms, like "Who assuredly is God?"

This weakens your claim because that's not what Michael means.

Give that some thought too.

You have a good one...