1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The Great Apostacy

Discussion in 'Inter-Faith Discussion' started by aspen, Sep 11, 2017.

1. Richard_oti

Richard_oti Active Member

Benny Hinn was a "faith" healer... Regrettably, I have lumped him in amoung the myriad of so called "prophets" and false "christs" (Yes, they claimed to be "christ" that I have encountered on my journeys. One of those so called "prophets" even prophesied my death to occur on Passover one year. Looks like he may have been a false "prophet". That was why Jun2u mentioned good ol' Benny.

2. bbyrd009

bbyrd009 Groper

Faith:
    Christian
    United States Minor Outlying Islands
    ah, has he died now?

3. Richard_oti

Quite a few years ago. They made a fuss about it, saying how you could feel the "spirit" from his tomb and all.

4. bbyrd009

bbyrd009 Groper

Faith:
    Christian
    ha. I'm finding no obit? Yikes, his wiki page though, huh? (Spoiler, if you are a Hinn fan, don't read it, because the truth hurts)

Pisteuo likes this.
  5. Jun2u

Jun2u Active Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States

This response is late in coming but I must admit I owe you a sincere apology for mistaking someone else as the the writer of this OP. My bad. This person is someone who wrote many threads in these forums to which he had no knowledge in my assessment.

However; I stand behind my interpretation that the great apostasy is the Abomination of Desolation spoken of by Daniel. The character of this abomination not seen since the beginning of the world is the tribulation that the local churches of the world will be over run by many false gospels, as no wonder Satan comes as an angel of light and his ministers, ministers of righteousness– 2 Corinthians 11:15.

Where do you suppose Satan and his followers will carry out this ravaging, out in the world where the unsaved are already his?

No, I did not lend credence to these false churches. Not all false denominations have wrong gospels. In fact, one or two of those churches mentioned have it correct that Michael is Jesus and I can prove it with Scripture, yet many Protestants believe Michael is an angel. Go figure. But that’s another thread.

I don’t think I misinterpreted the OP, I believe however the opposite is true. If I have an agenda it is only to do the work I was commanded by Christ.

To God Be The Glory

amadeus likes this.
  6. Richard_oti

Humphh, I woulda swore that I heard a report of his death.

7. bbyrd009

bbyrd009 Groper

Faith:
    Christian
    well, he's dead in the only way that matters i guess. Yikes, his wiki page reads worse than Hitler's!

8. "ByGrace"

"ByGrace" Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    Canada
    No he is still very much alive and kicking....if you run you can catch him at the end of the month...
    Fort Worth, TX — Pastor's Conference
    October 25, 2017
    It happens ...
    While Twain was in London, someone started a rumour that Mark Twain was gravely ill. It was followed by a rumour that he had died.

Accordingly one major American newspaper actually printed his obituary and, when Twain was told about this by a reporter, he quipped:

“The reports of my death are greatly exaggerated.” :D

amadeus and Richard_oti like this.
  9. Richard_oti

<chuckle> No thanks.

<snip>

Thanks by Grace. I must be misremembering and confusing this with someone else.

"ByGrace" likes this.
  10. Job

Job Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    Do tell.