The Great Apostacy

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jun2u

Mar 6, 2014
Southern CA.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
mouldy old dough and two pieces of deadwood in place of the living bread and crucifix - truly the abomination of desolation - twinc

If you don’t understand what the abomination of desolation means (which I know you don’t) why not admit to it instead of saying greek words only you can understand?

I like your cockney humour, or is it Welsh, or Irish?

You just don’t have any inkling at all what is the Abomination of Desolation, right?

To God Be The Glory

twinc

Apr 3, 2011
Faith
Country
United Kingdom
If you don’t understand what the abomination of desolation means (which I know you don’t) why not admit to it instead of saying greek words only you can understand?

I like your cockney humour, or is it Welsh, or Irish?

You just don’t have any inkling at all what is the Abomination of Desolation, right?

To God Be The Glory

it seems you don't understand mouldy old dough and two pieces of deadwood are abomination of desolation - standing in the place of the real manna from heaven and the real sign and symbol of our salvation - twinc

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
i'd be curious to hear your interp there, i collect them for this passage, ty

Then you must have collected many ...opinions... :D
I have never heard one that ever witnessed with me deep down in my heart.
Just a lot of 'hopefuls' , but they miss the mark.
It is probably the thing that sits between our own ears...The Internet comes close to being The Beast. LOL

Reactions: bbyrd009

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Then you must have collected many ...opinions... :D
I have never heard one that ever witnessed with me deep down in my heart.
Just a lot of 'hopefuls' , but they miss the mark.
It is probably the thing that sits between our own ears...The Internet comes close to being The Beast. LOL
rings truer than a lot of opinions to me, but then i don't really feel that i am in a position to critique them anyway.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
rings truer than a lot of opinions to me, but then i don't really feel that i am in a position to critique them anyway.

Why not..you are as good as anyone.

BTW your avatar looks a lot like you...yep, I snooped you on facebook....LOL
No getting away form me now. :D
I did not send a friend request just in case you blocked me...but I found you okay. :)

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Why not..you are as good as anyone.

BTW your avatar looks a lot like you...yep, I snooped you on facebook....LOL
No getting away form me now. :D
I did not send a friend request just in case you blocked me...but I found you okay. :)
ah--i pretty much accept any friends, but i spend like zero time there anymore anyway

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Opinions are just ways of trying to avoid change.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
ah--i pretty much accept any friends, but i spend like zero time there anymore anyway

I could tell that. Facebook has changed so much over the last year...too much politics now I only keep it for friends , and family overseas , so we can swap photo's etc. Plus I like all the pages about England, it fixes my homesickness bug.

I just sent you a Fall photo from here.. close to our house..(in your inbox)...if you don't get it..then it is the wrong 'you',... but I think I have the right one.
later...

Reactions: pia and bbyrd009

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Uhhh, any chance you could send me one? Adore all the colors during the autumn change...Sounds just lovely !

Sure...I forgot that I have your email address...I will over the weekend...I will make a note to myself.x

Jun2u

Mar 6, 2014
Southern CA.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i'd be curious to hear your interp there, i collect them for this passage, ty

I was reading the thread, “The Great Apostasy” and I came upon your post addressed to me. I apologize for this late response and not meant to avoid your question.

Most people, just have no inkling of understanding whatsoever of the topics they propose throughout these forums, specially by the writer of this OP. I’m not picking on him it’s just that he proposed many topics in these forums while not having any knowledge about any of the topics he proposed. To top it off, he seems arrogant like BoL, knowing all things of God.

The Abomination of Desolation is found in Matthew 24:15-16. If we are to understand this abomination, we must first learn who or what is the meaning of the holy place, Judea, and the word “mountains.”

1 The Holy place is the local congregation for there the Gospel can be heard. 2 Judea are those believers found within those local churches. 3 Mountain or hill refers to God (Psalms 121:1-2).

Therefore, the Abomination of Desolation means the local churches of the world will experience an over run of false gospels (apostasy), and tribulation such as this world have not seen since the beginning of time as false Christs and false prophets, showing great signs and wonders, Matthew 24:24-27. Sound familiar? This is happening in our day, right now!

By careful reading of Scripture, and with diligent study, and by the guidance of the Holy Spirit, God promised He will open our spiritual eyes to truths.

I hope this helps.

To God Be The Glory

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was reading the thread, “The Great Apostasy” and I came upon your post addressed to me. I apologize for this late response and not meant to avoid your question.

Most people, just have no inkling of understanding whatsoever of the topics they propose throughout these forums, specially by the writer of this OP. I’m not picking on him it’s just that he proposed many topics in these forums while not having any knowledge about any of the topics he proposed. To top it off, he seems arrogant like BoL, knowing all things of God.

The Abomination of Desolation is found in Matthew 24:15-16. If we are to understand this abomination, we must first learn who or what is the meaning of the holy place, Judea, and the word “mountains.”

1 The Holy place is the local congregation for there the Gospel can be heard. 2 Judea are those believers found within those local churches. 3 Mountain or hill refers to God (Psalms 121:1-2).

Therefore, the Abomination of Desolation means the local churches of the world will experience an over run of false gospels (apostasy), and tribulation such as this world have not seen since the beginning of time as false Christs and false prophets, showing great signs and wonders, Matthew 24:24-27. Sound familiar? This is happening in our day, right now!

By careful reading of Scripture, and with diligent study, and by the guidance of the Holy Spirit, God promised He will open our spiritual eyes to truths.

I hope this helps.

To God Be The Glory

The OP is refering generally to a doctrine created by post-reformation groups in order to nulify church history and further separate themselves from Catholic and Protestant doctrine. You have misinterpreted the point of the OP and actually lent credibility to churches like LDS, JWs, and Adventists by providing verses from the Bible that appear to support their false doctrine.

Not to ‘pick on the person posting’, but it is a bit arrogant to contribute to a thread by misinterpresting the OP and criticising the author for not considering your private intepretation

Jun2u

Mar 6, 2014
Southern CA.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ha, so now you got jokes, ok.

My apologies, it was not meant to be a joke.

BTW, tele-evangelists like Benny Hinn and others like him not only believe in signs and wonders but also miracle healing, for both phenomenons go hand in hand.

Normally when Christians speak of signs and wonders they really mean miracle healing, like Jesus performed: healing the man with a withered hand and it became whole again, or He walked on water, and raised people from the dead...etc. These kinds of healing is not happening today and ended with the Apostles.

To God Be The Glory