The great falling away?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God knows the hairs on your head and when you will die. I got covid early and I still went to church afterward. I trust in God, that if He calls me home it's my time. I never missed a day at church but so many were scared to come to church. God has a plan for your life, live it bravely in Christ. Romans 8:31 - If God is for us, who can be against us.
Yes , He does. Some folk have compromised immune systems, and should be more careful. I hope you didn't go to church when you had COVID. There are others you have to think of.
You could say the same thing for smoking or driving way over the speed limit or drinking before driving. "God knows when I will die, so its OK for me to do things." And its not, if for nothing else, out of respect for our fellow man.

Reactions: ScottA

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Apostle Paul only wrote to believers in his letters. The falling away is in all the commentaries as a separate event. You have an interesting view I haven't heard before. But the fact remains, Paul only wrote to believers.

To further clarify, the falling away occurred in the beginning with Adam and Eve who then had children "fallen"--"according to their kind" just as it was and is in all creation. Which has continued, and will continue, as long as children are born of women. That indeed is what comes first. Then came Christ Jesus who reversed the unfolding of the many who are of the fallen, to as "firstfruits" of the spirit of God, refold the saved unto God. Each according to the one man, the first Adam, and then the Last.

Yes, Paul wrote to believers, but not all were saved when he did, for there were some who only "believed" but did not "know" they were to be saved. To the contrary, one who is saved, in whom Jesus has come in spirit--they do "know" and their believing is confirmed by the Spirit.

The commentaries are wrong.

• Love
Reactions: Taken

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You apparently are a Calvinist that believes God chooses some and damns the rest to hell. But then you say that you are an Armenian, which is it? The reason that there is a falling way is because the sheep are being separated from the goats. There is a great divide going on and it is very visible. It appears to me that Jesus is going to return soon and take what is his back to heaven.

There ARE some God chooses…for particular and difficult tasks.
Prophets, Moses, David, Apostles, the 12 Tribes, Saul/Paul, Mary for examples.

There ARE many God calls…

There ARE all God MADE an offering…

God choosing, God calling, God offering…
WHOLEY depends on EACH individual freely “electing” to CHOOSE God.

The Prophets, agreed.
Moses, agreed.
The Apostles agreed…Judas deflected.
The Tribes agreed……..some deflected.
Saul agreed….Paul carried through his Task.
Mary agreed…and accomplishED her task.

It is one thing For God to choose.
It is one thing For God to call.
It is one thing For God to offer.

It is ALWAYS dependent upon the Individual to ACCEPT and REMAIN faithful.

Which is called….a mans “Election of God”.
( which BTW, is the choice a man makes that pleases God, and is a brethren of all others who elect God, and Are beloved one with an other )

1 Thes 1:
[4] Knowing, brethren beloved, your election of God.

Reactions: amadeus and ScottA

Rockerduck

Nov 7, 2022
Marietta, Georgia.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To further clarify, the falling away occurred in the beginning with Adam and Eve who then had children "fallen"--"according to their kind" just as it was and is in all creation. Which has continued, and will continue, as long as children are born of women. That indeed is what comes first. Then came Christ Jesus who reversed the unfolding of the many who are of the fallen, to as "firstfruits" of the spirit of God, refold the saved unto God. Each according to the one man, the first Adam, and then the Last.

Yes, Paul wrote to believers, but not all were saved when he did, for there were some who only "believed" but did not "know" they were to be saved. To the contrary, one who is saved, in whom Jesus has come in spirit--they do "know" and their believing is confirmed by the Spirit.

The commentaries are wrong.
you quoted Acts 19 written by Luke. Paul only wrote to the Church's he planted, and only believers.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In a 2020 survey by the Pew Research Center, 65% of adults in the United States identified themselves as Christians. They were 75% in 2015 81.6% in 2001, and 85% in 1990.

Why is God allofasudden electing fewer people to believe on Christ? I'll tell you why. It's because people have become too distracted to seek God. We are entertaining ourselves to death. As Arminians, we can see why this is happening in conjunction with the rise in mobile internet use and the digitization of everything, fewer people are growing up and maintaining Christianity. The faith is declining at a rapid pace in the West and many who claim to be Christian never even read the bible. Why? Because they're too distracted. Too distracted to make room for God in their lives. God electing fewer people is not a coincidence. People are following the world instead of pursuing a relationship with God
And now a word . of even those who do profess to be christain , DID YOU KNOW that now over seventy
percent of them believe JESUS is not the ONLY WAY and that other religions have their way too . WHICH means what
THAT AT LEAST even seventy percent are not even TRUE CHRISTAIN . ITS GETTING REAL BAD now . and worse it will get .
LEt all who name the name of CHRIST depart from inquity , ,honor NO SIN and preach YE MUST BELIEVE IN JESUS TO BE SAVED .
PS , if our jesus is dressed up in hundred dollar bills , IT AINT JESUS
if our jesus is wearing a rainbow dress , IT AINT JESUS , its the devil in drag just using the name of JESUS to mislead .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wow!!! I had friends that attended church that died of COVID! Not everyone's immune system is the same. the judgement here is unbelievable!
True in part . however none dies lest GOD allows it . in other words , i could have the best immune system known to man
yet if my time be up , IT BE UP . another could have the most worst immune system , so bad
they could catch a cold from a hundred miles away and nearly die . AND YET if their time is not up , ITS NOT UP .
YOU SEE i put my TRUST IN GOD ALONE . Let us all do the same and fear not .
THE LORD is our hope and our salvation . Now if one is sick and they want to stay home , then stay home .
But just know and understand GOD IS IN CONTROL . fear not . there have been nasty plagues that have ravaged
the lands before . BUBONIC was a deadly killer . GUESS WHO took care of some of the sick
that terrified folks had put out on the streets to DIE alone . SOME CHRISTIANS DID . they took care of those
SOCIETY had cast out . fearing not for their own souls but had great care and compassion and love
for the sick . LET NO GOVT put the fear into you .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
IF todays govt had folks terrrifed of covid to the point they almost made it mandatory to get the shot
what is gonna happen if something worse popped up .
I can almost hear it now , put the sick into the streets and wear and mask . and folks would do it
and let their own DIE in the streets with NO CARE OR COMPASSION , ONLY FEAR FEAR FEAR by a wicked govt that drove them to FEAR
for one reason , POWER AND CONTROL . ARMOUR UP , GOD IS IN CONTROL , not one soul sides , heck not even birds fall
LEST GOD appoints it . FEAR NOT . GOD IS IN CONTROL .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
IF todays govt had folks terrrifed of covid to the point they almost made it mandatory to get the shot
what is gonna happen if something worse popped up .
I can almost hear it now , put the sick into the streets and wear and mask . and folks would do it
and let their own DIE in the streets with NO CARE OR COMPASSION , ONLY FEAR FEAR FEAR by a wicked govt that drove them to FEAR
for one reason , POWER AND CONTROL . ARMOUR UP , GOD IS IN CONTROL , not one soul dies , heck not even birds fall
LEST GOD appoints it . FEAR NOT . GOD IS IN CONTROL .

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wow!!! I had friends that attended church that died of COVID! Not everyone's immune system is the same. the judgement here is unbelievable!

Many are scared due to not having faith in God's promises concerning protection from all the things we face in this life.

Spot on! Not to mention many true bible believing Christians, usually older are also leaving because of all the UNsound doctrines.

That's why II quit attending church in my area. They all hawkin the false doctrines of reformed theology, calvinism, catholicism, or a blending of these false doctrines.

The falling away is in all the commentaries as a separate event.

The commentaries are written by those that follow the false doctrines of reformed theology, calvinism, catholicism... so they cannot be trusted.

Those that have been born again by the Gospel do not fall away.

God's Word contains warnings written to those that have been born again concerning falling away and other passages speaks of people turning away from the faith... so they Lord says some that have legitimately been born again do fall way because... the Lord doesn't teach that false OSAS doctrine that tickles the ear of so many these days.

I get your point. You think that born again Christians are departing from the faith. Only 10% of professing Christians are real Christians, the rest are counterfeits. The counterfeits are the ones that cannot persevere, they don't have the Holy Spirit. You need to make a distinction between the lost counterfeits and the real Christians.

Those that have been deceived by reformed theology and calvinism... say this.

God's Word says differently

Rockerduck

Nov 7, 2022
Marietta, Georgia.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Many are scared due to not having faith in God's promises concerning protection from all the things we face in this life.

That's why II quit attending church in my area. They all hawkin the false doctrines of reformed theology, calvinism, catholicism, or a blending of these false doctrines.

The commentaries are written by those that follow the false doctrines of reformed theology, calvinism, catholicism... so they cannot be trusted.

God's Word contains warnings written to those that have been born again concerning falling away and other passages speaks of people turning away from the faith... so they Lord says some that have legitimately been born again do fall way because... the Lord doesn't teach that false OSAS doctrine that tickles the ear of so many these days.

Those that have been deceived by reformed theology and calvinism... say this.

God's Word says differently
You are wrong. Go to seminary and study.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Apostle Paul only wrote to believers in his letters. The falling away is in all the commentaries as a separate event. You have an interesting view I haven't heard before. But the fact remains, Paul only wrote to believers.

Luke wrote of Paul in Acts 19. Indeed, those were times on the cusp of newfound salvation in Christ Jesus, as I said.

The point is not whether or not Paul only wrote to believers. But rather that what he taught and wrote--just as is true of most of the gospel, referred to both the saved and the unsaved...which tenets were and are in many cases different for each. Thus, he preached "rightly dividing the word of truth" as applying to them differently.