The great harlot Rev 17, 18

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I did include Jerusalem in the list of the few cities called great in the bible.

Yes there are a number of cities claimed to have 7 hills, but the major one (at John's time) was Rome.

I think the details in Revelation more match Rome than Jerusalem.

That only shows bias according men's doctrine, and not Bible Scripture. The Revelation 11:8 verse by itself, which points directly... to Jerusalem where Lord Jesus was crucified, should cause you to have Biblical bias with the Babylon harlot being Jerusalem. Not only that, but including the events to occur there in Jerusalem at the end of this world just prior to Christ's return there on the 7th trumpet ought to also put your bias toward the written Bible Scripture regarding Jerusalem, and not doctrines of men.

In Matthew 24 and Mark 13 Jesus showed a pseudo-Messiah is to appear in Jerusalem for the end, working great signs and wonders, which links directly to the "another beast" in Rev.13:11-14 that does those works to deceive, and even outlines the idol abomination Jesus warned about for Jerusalem at the end, which points also to the Book of Daniel about the "abomination of desolation" event to occur in Jerusalem for the end of this world.

Then there's 2 Thessalonians 2:1-8 that warns us about a false one coming to sit in the temple in Jerusalem at the end, and proclaim himself as God, and over all that is called God or that is worshipped. That is the same one John warned about in Rev.13 involving the 2nd beast, which is the same beast that ascends out of the bottomless pit IN JERUSALEM to kill God's two witnesses per Rev.11.

Then in Rev.17, our Lord Jesus shows the Babylon harlot is indeed a certain city, but one involving that same 'beast' of Rev.13, which the symbolic woman harlot will sit over, which is defined by the ten horns and seven heads first presented also in Rev.13.

That... is what one gets IF... they actually keep to God's written Word (and there's more that goes with that). But to point to Rome, one MUST leave God's written Word to try and link it to the Babylon harlot.

Mosheli

Jul 2, 2020
Wellington
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
I do not go by doctrines of men but by my knowledge of scriptures and of history and current events and trends.

I don't agree with your interpretation of the verses as indicating that the harlot Babylon is Jerusalem (and is not Rome), and that the "antichrist" will be Jewish. But it is obvious neither of us is going to convince the other so will agree to disagree and will see someday in future which is right.
I don't deny the "antichrist" will mess with the temple etc but that doesn't prove he is Jewish and the harlot Jerusalem. Btw other gentile rulers like Alexander, Napoleon, Kaiser were in Jerusalem or Israel at times.
I also think it is playing into the hands of the anti-Jewish side. Nationalists believe the Jews are behind the globalist NWO, desiring world domination with their base-state as Israel. But I see the people doing most of the worst things in the world in modern times have been Europeans & Romans not Jews. True some Jews also done/doing evil things too and Jerusalem called Sodom & Egypt.
The "antichrist" is called Rosh, and Gog, etc in Old Testament.
10 horns/kings: G7/G8 has 10 heads of state. Council of Europe formed by 10 nations. Atlantis had 10 kings.
7/8 heads: G7/G8 has 7/8 heads. Atlantis is "8th continent".
But whether European or Roman or Jewish or other, whether Rome or Babylon or Jerusalem or other I am always ready and will not be deceived God willing.
I will re-read Matthew 24 and Mark 13 to check again though.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I do not go by doctrines of men but by my knowledge of scriptures and of history and current events and trends.

Nah, you don't fool me. Men's doctrines of the old Protestant Reformation era are exactly what you are going by.

Many deceived Protestant Church 'systems of men' today are still preaching that old doctrine that Rome is the Revelation beast and the pope is Antichrist. They're doing that because it's about old traditions handed down from generation to generation in their seminaries, with new suppositions keep getting added to it. The Pre-tribulationalists do the same thing, keep adding new suppositions onto an old false doctrine of a pre-trib rapture that was first preached in 1830s Great Britain. It's just a dung heap of men's doctrines that keeps getting piled higher and higher.

Mosheli

Jul 2, 2020
Wellington
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
I didn't say/mean Rome is the beast or antichrist. I only said that the harlot seems to be implied to be Rome. Though the "antichrist" could possibly be a Roman or Aryan (the people of the prince that is to come in Daniel, etc).
I am sure the harlot is not implied to be Jerusalem in the bible.
The only possible evidence i see in your info/ideas that the "antichrist/false-messiah" could be a Jew is the word Messiah, but otherwise I don't see any definite evidence in the bible for him being Jewish except possibly the end of the times of the gentiles.
You can't have a "Jewish anti-messiah" hating "the harlot Jerusalem", as Revelation says that he will hate the harlot?
I'm not even sure the bible definitely says there will be one "Antichrist/False-messiah"? It says many antichrists, and many will claim to come in his name, etc. Though it does say Man of sin/lawlessness in Thessalonians, etc.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I didn't say/mean Rome is the beast or antichrist. I only said that the harlot seems to be implied to be Rome. Though the "antichrist" could possibly be a Roman or Aryan (the people of the prince that is to come in Daniel, etc).
I am sure the harlot is not implied to be Jerusalem in the bible.
The only possible evidence i see in your info/ideas that the "antichrist/false-messiah" could be a Jew is the word Messiah, but otherwise I don't see any definite evidence in the bible for him being Jewish except possibly the end of the times of the gentiles.
You can't have a "Jewish anti-messiah" hating "the harlot Jerusalem", as Revelation says that he will hate the harlot?
I'm not even sure the bible definitely says there will be one "Antichrist/False-messiah"? It says many antichrists, and many will claim to come in his name, etc. Though it does say Man of sin/lawlessness in Thessalonians, etc.

You simply don't understand, and won't unless you let go of all those doctrines of men that are keeping you from understanding God's Word about the end in simplicity.

Jerusalem is exactly... where Revelation is pointing to as the Babylon harlot for the end. Jesus and Apostles Paul and John specifically showed us that the "man of sin", beast that ascends out of the bottomless pit, the pseudo-Christ (false Messiah), will specifically work from JERUSALEM! God even foretold us in Isaiah 14 that Satan wants to be GOD, and worshiped as GOD, and sit over the congregation, which means Christ's Church! Jesus was very good to His who pay attention to Him, and not men's traditions, because He even showed us how this final beast system being setup right now of Revelation 13 is another copy of the Rev.12:3-4 beast system of old that he first rebelled against God with, drawing a third of the angels ("stars") to earth with him in the world prior to this present one! It's time to wake up, and quit playing religion.