The great harlot Rev 17, 18

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Then, ummmmm, WHY did you FAIL so many times to give us the name of the Document, Einstein?
Seven times I asked you for it - and SEVEN TIMES you failed.

don't you ever get tired of being publicly humiliated?
Hey, do you believe what Brian is saying too?

Read his recent posts please?

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is the RCC based out of Israel?
Out of the U.S.?
Out of Iraq?
No, only out of Rome where she originated.
She feels right at home.
She is your Roman heritage.
You know....
You are an ecumenical Roman.
You are a proselyte of Constantine.
You serve under a proud heritage of former conquerers that murdered millions to become the ecumenical super power that she now is.
What a diabolical heritage you serve,
A vast wasteland of abjet ignorance.
But STILL no documented proof for your moronic claim about Constantine . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hey, do you believe what Brian is saying too?
Read his recent posts please?
This is what I posted on another thread that he is posting on . . .

****DISCLAIMER****

Just so everybody knows - brian100 in NO way whatsoever represents the beliefs of the Catholic Church.

After reading many of his posts - he just seems to be a troll on this forum - but definitely NOT a faithful Catholic - lest anybody here thinks his arguments are representative of what we believe as Catholics.

brian100

Jul 5, 2020
Las Vegas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You guys can't find one saint in history that matters to you? Why do you guys have such a shallow history.

All I know is Gen 3:15 says there is Woman's Church and she against the thy seed people.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is what I posted on another thread that he is posting on . . .

****DISCLAIMER****

Just so everybody knows - brian100 in NO way whatsoever represents the beliefs of the Catholic Church.

After reading many of his posts - he just seems to be a troll on this forum - but definitely NOT a faithful Catholic - lest anybody here thinks his arguments are representative of what we believe as Catholics.
Thanks for clearing that up.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A vast wasteland of abjet ignorance.
But STILL no documented proof for your moronic claim about Constantine . . .
All roads lead to Rome, Catholic.

Christianity was outlawed prior to Constantine until he made it his state Church, thus, your RCC's founder was Emperor Constantine.

This is history 101, and I schooled you on this subject.

Now that you know who your first Pope is, you should thank me right here and now.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All roads lead to Rome, Catholic.

Christianity was outlawed prior to Constantine until he made it his state Church, thus, your RCC's founder was Emperor Constantine.

This is history 101, and I schooled you on this subject.

Now that you know who your first Pope is, you should thank me right here and now.
Constantine didn't make the Catholic Church the "state Church", my woefully-ignorant friend. That came LATER.
He simply decriminalized Christianity.

You CAN'T be this stupid and clueless . . .

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It seems to me that there are DEGREES of religious fervor. For example on a scale of 0 to 10, where 5 is objective; it seems that where an "8" criticizes a "10", the "8" is still not objective, and their views must be weighed appropriately.

Bobby Jo

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Constantine didn't make the Catholic Church the "state Church", my woefully-ignorant friend. That came LATER.
He simply decriminalized Christianity.

You CAN'T be this stupid and clueless . . .
An admission that the Roman state Church is your Church.

Okay, now we only have to see where it all began from Rome.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
An admission that the Roman state Church is your Church.
Okay, now we only have to see where it all began from Rome.
Ummmm, if you put down your comic books long enough to crack open a history book you would have known that it was the Emperor Theodosius who first made the Church the official state religion. Constantine was LONG dead. Many other countries did that later.

So, to recap:
Your asinine claim that Constantine “started” the Catholic Church in 325 at the Council of Nicaea is possibly the MOST stupid thing you’ve said in this conversation – and is patently false.

As I educated you several times now – we see the “Catholic Church” being written about by FIRST Century Bishop, Ignatius of Antioch in his Letter to the Smyrnaeans (207AD).

You appear to be totally clueless to the fact that the Roman Empire NO LONGER exists – so I don’t belong to the “Roman State Church”, my astonishingly dim-witted friend.

brian100

Jul 5, 2020
Las Vegas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yep he legalized Christianity & He for some strong reason said I will become the 13th Apostle! He must of had a vision.

Later on it became the only religion. Too many miracles were happening.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ummmm, if you put down your comic books long enough to crack open a history book you would have known that it was the Emperor Theodosius who first made the Church the official state religion. Constantine was LONG dead. Many other countries did that later.

So, to recap:
Your asinine claim that Constantine “started” the Catholic Church in 325 at the Council of Nicaea is possibly the MOST stupid thing you’ve said in this conversation – and is patently false.

As I educated you several times now – we see the “Catholic Church” being written about by FIRST Century Bishop, Ignatius of Antioch in his Letter to the Smyrnaeans (207AD).

You appear to be totally clueless to the fact that the Roman Empire NO LONGER exists – so I don’t belong to the “Roman State Church”, my astonishingly dim-witted friend.
All disasters have a beginning, and Constantine was the beginning of the RCC.

By the time it metastasized into the officially named RCC, it needed that time to gain enough agreement from heretics to form a consensus.

After the heretics came to a critical mass, they exploded into the great whore of Revelation(RCC).

From that point on, the RCC ruled Europe with a rod of iron and destroyed it's adversaries for hundreds of years without mercy.

There are millions of Catholics from the dark/middle ages that participated in this stuff, and are all in hell as we speak.

Hopefully, you will not join them with your identically same doctrinal beliefs.

brian100

Jul 5, 2020
Las Vegas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

God used Constantine to do his will. Hes not just Constantine... Hes Constantine the Great! He beat everyone in battle. He made the Jesus and Mary Church bigger! Now its the smallest its ever been.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God used Constantine to do his will. Hes not just Constantine... Hes Constantine the Great! He beat everyone in battle. He made the Jesus and Mary Church bigger! Now its the smallest its ever been.
Do you consider Constantine a Pope?

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
By the time it metastasized into the officially named RCC, it needed that time to gain enough agreement from heretics to form a consensus.

After the heretics came to a critical mass, they exploded into the great whore of Revelation(RCC).

From that point on, the RCC ruled Europe with a rod of iron and destroyed it's adversaries for hundreds of years without mercy.

There are millions of Catholics from the dark/middle ages that participated in this stuff, and are all in hell as we speak.

Hopefully, you will not join them with your identically same doctrinal beliefs.
And the utter stupidity it took for you to post the text above in RED truly boggles the mind.

Even a slug knows that the official name of the Catholic Church is "The Catholic Church."

"Roman" aint part of it, my dim-witted friend . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are a part of the Roman Catholic Church of Rome, Italy.
I will call you RCC for short.
You cal call me whatever you want.
Just know that your ignorance is on parade when you call it the "Roman Catholic Church" (RCC) . . .

Mosheli

Jul 2, 2020
Wellington
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Who is the harlot/whore Babylon riding the beast?

Features of Babylon/Babel in Revelation/Apocalypse and other bible books include:

Name means "mixture/confusion/babble" (Genesis 10-11; Rev 18:6).

Is a woman/harlot/whore/prostitute (contrasted with virgin and often considered to be a church) and "mother of all harlots and abominations" (Revelation 17:1, 5, 15-16, 18; 18:2).

Rides the 7/8 headed 10 horned beast (Revelation/Apocalypse 17:7).

Reigns over the kings of the earth (Rev 17:18).

Described as "made all the nations to drink of the wine of the wrath of her sexual immorality", and with whom the kings/princes of the earth commit fornication/harlotry with (Revelation/Apocalypse 14:8; 17:2; 18:3, 6, 9, 23).

Called "mystery Babylon" (Revelation/Apocalypse 17:5).

Called "the great (city)" (Revelation/Apocalypse 14:8; 16:19; 17:1, 5, 18; 18:2, 10, 16, 18-19, 21). (Only 5 cities are called "great" in the bible: Asshur/Resen, Gibeon, Hamath, Jerusalem, and Babylon.)

Said to oversee global free trade (Revelation/Apocalypse 18:3, 11, 15, 17, 19, 23).

Said to be responsible for most all martyrdoms, wars, & murders (Revelation/Apocalypse 17:6; 18:24).

Has 7 hills/mountains and is apparently intended for Rome (Revelation/Apocalypse 17:9).

Is also in the wilderness (Revelation/Apocalyspse 17:3).

One world language/religion (in Genesis 10-11).

Has Jewish/Semitic residents (in Daniel).

Matches the Lion / Gold head (in Daniel);

Builders of Tower (in Genesis 10-11).

Sits in/amidst many waters (Rev 17:1, 15).

Colours purple & scarlet (Rev 17:3; 18:16).

"decked with gold and precious stones and pearls" (Rev 17:4; 18:16).

Fire there similar to the fire of Rome (Rev 17:16; 18:8-9, 18).

Says "I sit a queen, and am no widow" (Rev 18:7).

Holds a golden cup/grail (Rev 17:4; 18:6).

Temple vessels taken away to Babylon (1 Esdras 1:54).

"fallen is Babylon the great" (Rev 14:8; 18:2).

Centre of Babylonian world map.

Babylon is not Jerusalem, the latter is called "Sodom and Egypt" in the same bible book (Rev 11:8).

(Nineveh in Nahum is described in very similar words to Babylon in Revelation, and it seems Nineveh in Nahum is another name for the same city.)

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Has 7 hills/mountains and is apparently intended for Rome (Revelation/Apocalypse 17:9).

This is where you start go totally astray. You just slapped... that Rome connotation in there out of nowhere. Jerusalem has seven hills also.

Revelation 11:8 reveals Jerusalem is the "great city". I guess you conveniently forgot to include that!

Revelation 17 reveals the symbolic Babylon harlot woman is... Jerusalem for the end of this world.

The reason why it is JERUSALEM is because of the coming false worship of a fake-Messiah soon to come there, and setup as king of the world, playing God, doing great signs and wonders to deceive the whole world. That is the main theme in God's Word for the very end of this present world, and those in Christ Jesus are warned to not be deceived by those false Jews in Jerusalem that will create that deception with that coming false-Messiah.

Mosheli

Jul 2, 2020
Wellington
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
I did include Jerusalem in the list of the few cities called great in the bible.

Yes there are a number of cities claimed to have 7 hills, but the major one (at John's time) was Rome.

I think the details in Revelation more match Rome than Jerusalem.

Name means "mixture/confusion/babble" (Genesis 10-11; Rev 18:6). Rome mixed christian and other beliefs.

Is a woman/harlot/whore/prostitute (contrasted with virgin and often considered to be a church) and "mother of all harlots and abominations" (Revelation 17:1, 5, 15-16, 18; 18:2). JT Chick gave evidence Rome mother of Islam and other religions. Woman said to be type of religion/church. RCism is big on the BVM.

Rides the 7/8 headed 10 horned beast (Revelation/Apocalypse 17:7). Look at the religion of some the executives of the countries of G7/G8. Who is behind Atlantis Rising?

Reigns over the kings of the earth (Rev 17:18). Popes claim authority over the kings of the Europe/Earth. Many executives of countries are RC or have RC ties or their parents/ancestors do (incld Teresa May, "Lutheran" Angela Merkel, the executives of EU, Bolger, B Sanders, etc).
Treaty of Rome, 1957/8
Pope John Paul II visited Poland in 1979.
pope visits NZ 1986
fall of iron curtain 1989 (they claim credit for pope JP2)
Maastricht treaty/treaty on EU "revived Roman empire" 1992/3
Bush visits Pope JP2 at CastelGandolfo 2001
Bush & Clinton pay respects to PopeJohnPaul 2005
pope funeral "broadcast to every corner of the globe", 2005
Benedict & Muslims solemn declaration/agreement 2008
Benedict xvi encyclical "super-UN", 2009.
"2010: Pope Benedict XVI received by Queen Elizabeth at Holyrood Palace at the start of his state visit to Great Britain."
2010 Pope Benedict addresses both houses UK Parliament
2013 Pope Francis advises US & Cuba to exchange prisoners
2013/2014 secret meetings Obama & Pope, Cuba "miracle".
Francis & Queen/Philip, orb symbol of rule over the world 2014
Pope Francis "new global authority"/"fix world", 2015?
Francis & Russian Patriarch meet & sign declaration 2016
2016 Trump retracts reply to pope
2016 Sanders pro-Pope

Described as "made all the nations to drink of the wine of the wrath of her sexual immorality", and with whom the kings/princes of the earth commit fornication/harlotry with (Revelation/Apocalypse 14:8; 17:2; 18:3, 6, 9, 23). Ditto above. The wine may also be a type of fluoridation too.

Called "mystery Babylon" (Revelation/Apocalypse 17:5). Peter was at "Babylon". Publius Enigma? Papal/RC mysteries.

Said to oversee global free trade (Revelation/Apocalypse 18:3, 11, 15, 17, 19, 23). I have seen evidences that Roman not Jews behind this. Many names of products/services/businesses Latin like Ceres organics, Mercury energy, etc. (Can't just be "because English has many Latin words in it".)

Said to be responsible for most all martyrdoms, wars, & murders (Revelation/Apocalypse 17:6; 18:24). The Roman empire and the RC church has martyred many saints.

Has 7 hills/mountains and is apparently intended for Rome (Revelation/Apocalypse 17:9). Revelation seems to clearly imply Rome the most famous 7-hilled city.

One world language/religion (in Genesis 10-11). Rome encourages this. Catholic means universal.

Colours purple & scarlet (Rev 17:3; 18:16). Emperors wore purple. Cardinals wear scarlet. etc.

"decked with gold and precious stones and pearls" (Rev 17:4; 18:16). Popes shown with many such riches.

Fire there similar to the fire of Rome (Rev 17:16; 18:8-9, 18). The fire of Rome happened in John's lifetime, it may have served as a pretype of the one coming in future?

Says "I sit a queen, and am no widow" (Rev 18:7). Papacy as continuation of Roman empire.

Holds a golden cup/grail (Rev 17:4; 18:6). Rome has "holy grail". Fluoride is a Latin word.

Temple vessels taken away to Babylon (1 Esdras 1:54). Titus took temple vessels to Rome.

Centre of Babylonian world map. Rome shown as centre of the world in Peutinger map. "All roads lead to Rome.

Babylon is not Jerusalem, the latter is called "Sodom and Egypt" in the same bible book (Rev 11:8). Jerusalem was part of the Roman empire. Satan's throne is in Pergamum a type of Rome.

"Come out of her my people". Popes in recent years getting christians to believe they have Peter's keys.

The false Messiah is not a Jew, unless "the Assyrian" implies Armenoid? Daniel said people of the prince that shall come. He will follow a god not known to his ancestors. Seed of the serpent more in line with the line of Cain than Abel. Satan's seat in the north (Draco?)