the great Jewish "distress"

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
One passage that completely destroys your position is Matt. 24:3:

"Now as He sat on the Mount of Olives, the disciples came to Him privately, saying, 'Tell us, when will these things be? And what will be the sign of Your coming, and of the end of the age?'"

The disciples clearly asked Christ to give them signs concerning His return. Everything Christ said from that point forward in the chapter was Him answering their questions about the last days. The reason why the apostles initially believed that time had come around A.D. 70 was because they didn't realize that those events were only a forerunner of what is supposed to happen in our future.

Another passage that destroys your position is Matt. 24:21-22:

“For then there will be great tribulation, such as has not been since the beginning of the world until this time, no, nor ever shall be. And unless those days were shortened, no flesh would be saved; but for the elect’s sake those days will be shortened."

In this passage, Christ talks about a time where weapons will become advanced enough to render humankind extinct within 3 years. That kind of technology certainly didn't exist in their day. Another indicator that Christ is speaking about His return lies in the fact that He referenced Dan. 12:1 for this portion of the prophecy, and Daniel was exclusively written for the modern era(Dan. 8:19, 10:1, 11:27, 35, 12:4, 7-9).
Who are you responding to, it's common courtesy to quote a posted claim, thanks

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The reason why the apostles initially believed that time had come around A.D. 70 was because they didn't realize that those events were only a forerunner of what is supposed to happen in our future.

Another passage that destroys your position is Matt. 24:21-22:

“For then there will be great tribulation, such as has not been since the beginning of the world until this time, no, nor ever shall be. And unless those days were shortened, no flesh would be saved; but for the elect’s sake those days will be shortened."

In this passage, Christ talks about a time where weapons will become advanced enough to render humankind extinct within 3 years. That kind of technology certainly didn't exist in their day. Another indicator that Christ is speaking about His return lies in the fact that He referenced Dan. 12:1 for this portion of the prophecy, and Daniel was exclusively written for the modern era(Dan. 8:19, 10:1, 11:27, 35, 12:4, 7-9).
The Apostles didnt believe or teach 70AD fulfillment as you claim, thats your opinion

The Apostles taught of a "Future" generation that would be eyewitnesses of his literal "Future" second coming

The statement is (This Generation) not (Your Generation)

1 ) What is near, even at the doors (The Future Second Coming)

2.) But of that day and hour knoweth no man
(The Future Second Coming)

Matthew 24:32-36KJV
32 Now learn a parable of the fig tree; When his branch is yet tender, and putteth forth leaves, ye know that summer is nigh:
33 So likewise ye, when ye shall see all these things, know that it is near, even at the doors.
34 Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled.
35 Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away.
36 But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Matthew 24:21-22 says absolutely nothing about weapons or the ability to remove mankind in 3 years as you claim, once again thats your "Opinion"

Perhaps you need to include (I Believe) or (My Opinion)?

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Matthew 24:21-22 says absolutely nothing about weapons or the ability to remove mankind in 3 years as you claim, once again thats your "Opinion"

Perhaps you need to include (I Believe) or (My Opinion)?

Daniels vision of the Statue with Feet made of Iron and Clay does speak of advanced technology - Iron was similiar to a super weapon way back when it was discovered and turned into weapons. An army equipped with high strength Iron Swords would be at a huge advantage over heavier and softer Brass, Copper and Wood implements.

The Iron mixed with Clay speaks of Transhumanism that we see coming to pass - but God is in control.