The Half-Gospel.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel

People forget that God has never changed and that He is no respecter of persons, yet they cannot see that the way they are going is the way of the 600,000 who were "saved" from Egypt but never came out of the wilderness dying again [2nd death?] without entering or even seeing the Promised Land..

The born again entered the "promised land" when they entered into the Kingdom of God.
God's Spirit, is the promised land, and every born again Christian is "in Christ' and "ONE" with God and Christ.

IF you are born again, you are in the promised land, "in Christ", you have eternal life, and you are going to heaven, ONLY based on the "finished work of Jesus on the Cross".

If any liar teaches you otherwise, by trying to put self effort on you as your "way" to a higher place in God, or as a means to keep yourself saved, then mark this person down as a devil led deceiver and do not listen to their dark light., as that is what they are, and that is what they will remain.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The born again entered the "promised land" when they entered into the Kingdom of God.
God's Spirit, is the promised land, and every born again Christian is "in Christ' and "ONE" with God and Christ.

IF you are born again, you are in the promised land, "in Christ"

Hey, Behold. If you can, let me discuss this with you. 1 Corinthians 10 states as follows:

1 Moreover, brethren, I would not that ye should be ignorant, how that all our fathers were under the cloud, and all passed through the sea; 2 And were all baptized unto Moses in the cloud and in the sea; 3 And did all eat the same spiritual meat; 4 And did all drink the same spiritual drink: for they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them: and that Rock was Christ. 5 But with many of them God was not well pleased: for they were overthrown in the wilderness. 6 Now these things were our examples, to the intent we should not lust after evil things, as they also lusted. 7 Neither be ye idolaters, as were some of them; as it is written, The people sat down to eat and drink, and rose up to play. 8 Neither let us commit fornication, as some of them committed, and fell in one day three and twenty thousand. 9 Neither let us tempt Christ, as some of them also tempted, and were destroyed of serpents. 10 Neither murmur ye, as some of them also murmured, and were destroyed of the destroyer. 11 Now all these things happened unto them for examples: and they are written for our admonition, upon whom the ends of the world are come. 12 Wherefore let him that thinks he stands take heed lest he fall. 13 There has no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it. 14 Wherefore, my dearly beloved, flee from idolatry.

Now, in this passage, Paul is comparing us to the believers in the wilderness, is he not? And if so, the admonition is that we not be overthrown in the wilderness like the Israelites were who fled Egypt, yes?

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

IF you are born again, you are in the promised land, "in Christ", you have eternal life, and you are going to heaven, ONLY based on the "finished work of Jesus on the Cross".

If any liar teaches you otherwise, by trying to put self effort on you as your "way" to a higher place in God, or as a means to keep yourself saved, then mark this person down as a devil led deceiver and do not listen to their dark light., as that is what they are, and that is what they will remain
You gave no explanation in your response regarding the things I mentioned: A simple 'your way or the highway' answer. The whole loaf is needed! Anyone who really knows God sees and anyone seeking God will come to see the problem. Of course some don't care, one way or the other!

"Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled." Matt 5:6

Help us dear Lord!

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

If any liar teaches you otherwise, by trying to put self effort on you as your "way" to a higher place in God, or as a means to keep yourself saved, then mark this person down as a devil led deceiver and do not listen to their dark light., as that is what they are, and that is what they will remain.

This is the deception. This is the mantra of the half-truth found in the half-gospel. And many will be deceived. Every person who was in the wilderness was saved...from Egypt. But these people were once saved....but they were saved in order to be tested in the wilderness...to learn to trust God...to look to Him...to have faith. But just as very few passed that test so very few are passing the present test.

God does not prefer Gentiles over Jews.

He is fair to all. The call is made but few are chosen. Few enter at the narrow gate.

We who are grafted into Israel can just as easily be cut-off as were the original branches. Paul is emphatic about this...yet people ignore the truth for the preference of the lie. People hate truth. Just look at how grace is being polluted by the self-serving ones.

Last edited:

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
We were never called to build churches. Jesus said "I will build MY church."
The one does not contradict the other. Christ was indeed building His Church (the Body of Christ) while the apostles and their companions were establishing churches in the cities of the Roman empire and beyond. The Church meets in the churches, which means that your theology is way off base.

I am still waiting to see you presentation of the TRUE AND FULL GOSPEL OF CHRIST. You have posted ten times in this thread, and not one of those posts has the GENUINE Gospel. So what does that tell us? YOU ARE CLUELESS.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The one does not contradict the other. Christ was indeed building His Church (the Body of Christ) while the apostles and their companions were establishing churches in the cities of the Roman empire and beyond. The Church meets in the churches, which means that your theology is way off base.

I am still waiting to see you presentation of the TRUE AND FULL GOSPEL OF CHRIST. You have posted ten times in this thread, and not one of those posts has the GENUINE Gospel. So what does that tell us? YOU ARE CLUELESS.

If you would look at the thread with some reading skills and even a little honesty you will see that the truth of the biblical position is that we are called of God for His purpose...not ours. We are called to put on Christ and be the light in the world...as He was in His time here. We are called to continue in the glorious ministry so that we can partake of joy forevermore in His presence.

if you could take your faulty assessment and turn it back on yourself...using those missing reading skills and lack of honesty...you would see that you have not understood the true gospel but rather have embraced what the slick ministers of a half-gospel have indoctrinated you into receiving as if it were from God rather than men...or worse.

GTW27

Dec 6, 2018
wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Anyone who goes ahead and does not abide in the doctrine of Christ does not have God; he who abides in the doctrine has both The Father and The Son. If anyone comes to you and does not bring this doctrine, do not receive him into the house or give him any greeting; for he who greets him shares his wicked work.
When Jesus came in the flesh He started by changing the water into wine(Good wine or New wine). We have now, no need for the old wine, as all things have become anew! The old has passed away and all things become new!

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
If you would look at the thread with some reading skills and even a little honesty you will see that the truth of the biblical position is that we are called of God for His purpose...not ours. We are called to put on Christ and be the light in the world...as He was in His time here. We are called to continue in the glorious ministry so that we can partake of joy forevermore in His presence.
I will ignore your allegations that I am dishonest and lack reading skills. Anyone with an ounce of discernment will see that that is false.

What you have stated above is good -- as far as it goes -- but that is not the true and full Gospel.

Paul tells us what is the full and true Gospel whereby we are saved:

1 CORINTHIANS 15: THE FULL AND TRUE GOSPEL

THE GOSPEL IS A DECLARATION AND PROCLAMATION

1 Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the Gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;

WE ARE SAVED BY BELIEVING THIS GOSPEL
2 By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.

CHRIST DIED FOR OUR SINS ACCORDING TO THE SCRIPTURES
3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures;

CHRIST WAS ENTOMBED FOR THREE DAYS AND THREE NIGHTS
4 And that he was buried,...

CHRIST WAS RESURRECTED ACCORDING TO THE SCRIPTURES
...and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

This speaks of the finished work of Christ. But we must believe on the Lord Jesus Christ Himself and ALSO His finished work in order to be saved. And when He is called *Lord* it implies that He is also God (the Son of God the Father). His resurrection means that He was raised for our justification (Rom 4:25). And we are justified by grace through faith, and receive the GIFT of eternal life by believing on Him.

So we are to connect what Paul has said about the finished work of Christ with what Jesus Himself has said about Himself.

Jesus said unto her, I am The Resurrection, and The Life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live: And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this? (John 11:25,26)

This does not preclude obedience to the Gospel: (1) repentance toward God and (2) faith toward our Lord Jesus Christ (Acts 20:21).

But you -- Episkopos -- do not believe God. You do not believe that sinners are justified by grace through faith in Christ and His finished work of redemption. Which means that you have *another gospel* (and any other gospel is accursed).

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I will ignore your allegations that I am dishonest and lack reading skills. Anyone with an ounce of discernment will see that that is false.

What you have stated above is good -- as far as it goes -- but that is not the true and full Gospel.

Paul tells us what is the full and true Gospel whereby we are saved:

1 Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the Gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;

2 By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.

3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures;

This speaks of the finished work of Christ. But we must believe on the Lord Jesus Christ Himself and ALSO His finished work in order to be saved. And when He is called *Lord* it implies that He is also God (the Son of God the Father). His resurrection means that He was raised for our justification (Rom 4:25). And we are justified by grace through faith, and receive the GIFT of eternal life by believing on Him.

So we are to connect what Paul has said about the finished work of Christ with what Jesus Himself has said about Himself.

Jesus said unto her, I am The Resurrection, and The Life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live: And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this? (John 11:25,26)

This does not preclude obedience to the Gospel: (1) repentance toward God and (2) faith toward our Lord Jesus Christ (Acts 20:21).

But you -- Episkopos -- do not believe God. You do not believe that sinners are justified by grace through faith in Christ and His finished work of redemption. Which means that you have *another gospel* (and any other gospel is accursed).

More obvious false allegations. I never said that believers aren't born again into salvation. Gentiles have now become the children of God through the gospel. But although people want to make an end to it there ...there is more. A lot more. And that is where the reading skills and honesty come into play.

The half-gospel wants to freeze the Christian walk at the first step...and make all the declarations from a point of view of a future innocence from evil...even while subverting the truth.

So then salvation is a gift of God...but dishonest people will take things too far in unbelief and perversion of the truth...which you also do. If you were of the truth you would not attack me for simply stating the biblical truth that warns people about the standard of God. And that standard saw a lot of people rejected.And a lot of modern believers are headed down the same path. There is no favouritism with God. But if you feel like being dishonest with God...then good luck with that. You are responsible for your own sins.

I write these threads and this one in particular to warn people about misappropriating the gospel to serve selfish ends.

God is not selfish...and His salvation is not for the selfish. But the selfish have sought to capitalize on God's mercy and forbearance in an attempt to exploit God and His salvation for themselves. And this is done by barefacedly ignoring half the bible in order to deceive both themselves and others.

But God is not mocked. Vengeance is mine...says the Lord.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The biggest assumption in this, is that everyone is called, and that is not the case, God only knows the hearts and minds of men, If one should accept Christ, and go no further is He any less deserving than one who is called and follows His calling. God is Love, Love has no boundaries but men seem to enjoy shoving Him into a box. Jesus never came to save the righteouess but bring the sinners to repentance, is that not what He told the pharisees.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
So then salvation is a gift of God...but dishonest people will take things too far in unbelief and perversion of the truth...which you also do.
This shows that you are not only a false teacher but a blatant liar, accusing me of dishonesty, unbelief, and perversion of the truth. Your posts are not worthy of any future responses, and I trust all Christians here will see you for what you are -- a wolf among the sheep.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The biggest assumption in this, is that everyone is called...
Are you therefore denying that the Gospel call is to "every creature" and "in all the world"? If so then you too have exposed yourself as another wolf in sheep's clothing, by denying what Christ commanded.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Are you therefore denying that the Gospel call is to "every creature" and "in all the world"? If so then you too have exposed yourself as another wolf in sheep's clothing, by denying what Christ commanded.
And Jesus sent how many of the 12 disciples to feed His sheep?. You kniw that bit, my sheep hear My voice.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
... using those missing reading skills and lack of honesty...
This shows that you are not only a false teacher but a blatant liar, accusing me of dishonesty, unbelief, and perversion of the truth. Your posts are not worthy of any future responses, and I trust all Christians here will see you for what you are -- a wolf among the sheep.

Guys, come on. You two have been members here forever seems like. Let's keep the thread a discussion. No need for the accusation stuff among friends.

Ok, Enoch. Take this passage and dissect it with me. There are two key phrases, one in v.2 and the other in v.3 that complicate things somewhat. The first is the phrase, "if you keep in memory what I preached unto you." Now this would imply all the teaching that he gave the Corinthians, yes? If so, it also implies that passage I was asking Behold about in Post #22. So maybe I'll ask you the same thing: How would you apply that passage to your understanding of the gospel?

The second one is the phrase, "For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received." This means that there were other things he delivered unto them besides the things mentioned in 1 Corinthians 15:3-8, yes? It again lays stress on the idea that the gospel did not just involve only those few things, but that they were the first things to be delivered to hearers.

God bless, and hope you are having a blessed evening.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Now this would imply all the teaching that he gave the Corinthians, yes? If so, it also implies that passage I was asking Behold about in Post #22.
No that would only imply that the Gospel came first. Firstly, the Gospel must be preached to bring sinners to the Savior. After that, Christian teaching must be presented to Christians, and what you quoted in post #22 is teaching to those who are already saved. It has no bearing on what is the full and true Gospel (which I have shown in my post).
The second one is the phrase, "For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received." This means that there were other things he delivered unto them besides the things mentioned in 1 Corinthians 15:3-8, yes? It again lays stress on the idea that the gospel did not just involve only those few things, but that they were the first things to be delivered to hearers.
When Paul says "first of all" he means first of all. The first thing that must happen is that the Gospel must be preached in order to generate faith in Christ and His finished work of redemption.

The Holy Spirit convicts and convinces sinners under the preaching of the Gospel. After they are convicted and convinced, they believe on Christ and receive Him as Lord and Savior. This results in the New Birth. Only after that do all the other teachings apply (or even make sense).

IOW, I have given you the Gospel as Paul gave it to the Corinthians, after Christ gave it to Paul. We do not need to obfuscate the Gospel with other teachings (which are called "the doctrine of the apostles").

Last edited:

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
And Jesus sent how many of the 12 disciples to feed His sheep?. You kniw that bit, my sheep hear My voice.
What did the Lord command before His ascension back to Heaven? That is what we are talking about, not the ministry of the 12 or the 70, but the commandment to go into ALL THE WORLD and preach the Gospel to EVERY CREATURE. All are invited to the Gospel feast, but all will not be saved, since all will not obey the Gospel.

But they have not all obeyed the Gospel. For Esaias saith, Lord, who hath believed our report? So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the Word of God [the Gospel]. (Rom 10:16,17)

God will have ALL men to be saved and to come unto the knowledge of the truth, since He is not willing that ANY should perish, but that ALL should come to repentance. Therefore God now commandeth ALL MEN EVERYWHERE to repent.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No that would only imply that the Gospel came first. Firstly, the Gospel must be preached to bring sinners to the Savior. After that, Christian teaching must be presented to Christians, and what you quoted in post #22 is teaching to those who are already saved. It has no bearing on what is the full and true Gospel (which I have shown in my post).

If it has bearing on those who are "already saved," then it implies that their salvation can be in jeopardy if they should fall into egregious sin like the Israelites did before reaching the promised land, yes?

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
But if it has bearing on those who are "already saved," then it implies that their salvation can be in jeopardy if they should fall into egregious sin like the Israelites did before reaching the promised land, yes?
NO. That is a stern warning to Christians to shun all those things and learn a lesson from them: Now all these things happened unto them for examples: and they are written for our admonition, upon whom the ends of the world are come. 12 Wherefore let him that thinks he stands take heed lest he fall.

Christians are to walk circumspectly, as wise, not as fools. Christians are to redeem the time because the days are evil. But the eternal security of the genuine believer is never at stake.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
NO. That is a stern warning to Christians to shun all those things and learn a lesson from them: Now all these things happened unto them for examples: and they are written for our admonition, upon whom the ends of the world are come. 12 Wherefore let him that thinks he stands take heed lest he fall.

Christians are to walk circumspectly, as wise, not as fools. Christians are to redeem the time because the days are evil. But the eternal security of the genuine believer is never at stake.

With all due respect, Enoch, that sounds like double talk. Why should they be concerned about "falling" if it had no bearing on their salvation? By this interpretation, Paul would be using a false analogy, because it most certainly had bearing on the salvation of the Israelites. Or are you among those who believe that those who worshipped the golden calf were nevertheless saved after death? Or that those who committed fornication and 23,000 of them died in one day at the hands of God were saved eternally as well?

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
What did the Lord command before His ascension back to Heaven? That is what we are talking about, not the ministry of the 12 or the 70, but the commandment to go into ALL THE WORLD and preach the Gospel to EVERY CREATURE. All are invited to the Gospel feast, but all will not be saved, since all will not obey the Gospel.

But they have not all obeyed the Gospel. For Esaias saith, Lord, who hath believed our report? So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the Word of God [the Gospel]. (Rom 10:16,17)

God will have ALL men to be saved and to come unto the knowledge of the truth, since He is not willing that ANY should perish, but that ALL should come to repentance. Therefore God now commandeth ALL MEN EVERYWHERE to repent.
Yep all men to come to repentance, not all are called, you have no idea about Gods grace, you are placing more demands on men than God does.