The Happy Little Puddle

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

JudgeDracoAmunRa

May 1, 2012
What sorrow for those who are wise in their own eyes and think themselves so clever.
(Isaiah 5:21)​

When that very funny writer Douglas Adams was finally laid to rest, fellow atheist Richard Dawkins quoted Adams’s own “puddle analogy” at the writer’s eulogy.

“... imagine a puddle waking up one morning and thinking, 'This is an interesting world I find myself in, an interesting hole I find myself in, fits me rather neatly, doesn't it? In fact, it fits me staggeringly well, must have been made to have me in it!' This is such a powerful idea that as the Sun rises in the sky and the air heats up and as, gradually, the puddle gets smaller and smaller, it's still frantically hanging on to the notion that everything's going to be all right, because this World was meant to have him in it, was built to have him in it; so the moment he disappears catches him rather by surprise. I think this may be something we need to be on the watch out for.”

Imagine this horrified little puddle, upon seeing itself withering away to seemingly nothing under the midday sun, gets a little visit from God. And God says: “Fear not little puddle, for there are processes at work in this world I have created for you that you know nothing about. The heat from the sun, even though it does appear as if it is in some way destroying you, is doing nothing of the sort. For the heat from the sun is actually energising your molecules, causing them to evaporate. You are doing nothing more than changing from a liquid to a vapour. As vapour you will join vapours from other little puddles and you shall coalesce as rain clouds that drift across the sky. As rain, you shall fall from the sky onto the land and you shall collect in this hole in the ground I made especially for you. For this world was indeed meant to have you in it, and in it you shall stay. Pay no attention to those fools who are in full possession of all the facts but tell you only half the story. They want you to see things their way, and not mine. Only by keeping you ignorant can they do this. So be happy, little puddle. Not only is everything going to be alright: it already is.”

And God looked around and saw that He was standing in a graveyard. And behold! An atheist was being interred there. And God said: “Now that really is an interesting hole you find yourself in, fits you rather neatly, doesn't it? In fact, it fits you staggeringly well, must have been made to have you in it! Now, I wonder who did that? Because its certainly not my handiwork.”

John 8:44
For you are the children of your father the devil, and you love to do the evil things he does. He was a murderer from the beginning. He has always hated the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he lies, it is consistent with his character; for he is a liar and the father of lies.​

John 11:25-26
Jesus told her, “I am the resurrection and the life. Anyone who believes in me will live, even after dying. Everyone who lives in me and believes in me will never ever die. Do you believe this, Martha?”