The Heart of Worship

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
The Heart of Worship.

I love worshiping God in a corporate setting. Corporate worship is glorious. It's even better when you are led by an awesome team of musicians and vocalists but worship is not about how good the team is or how talented the musicians are....it's about a living relationship with God. The worship team basically sets the ambiance/tone for individuals to draw near... and into the presence of God. It is an individual response and it is also corporate, as the body of believer's give praise and glory to our Lord and King.

As a Pentecostal believer, the emphasis on worship tends toward individuals who are talented or gifted within the worship team. I have found that this is where most of the battles have been fought and sometimes lost.

Lost because when we pay too much attention on getting the timing right and everything else involved with having a polished worship team...we are inclined to become too performance orientated. Combating a pull in that direction is not easy to overcome but balance can be found if training/practice takes the backstage during worship times and the team is directed by the leading of the Holy Spirit.

There are still a number of Churches in my area who have members in their worship team that are not talented nor are they gifted but they love to worship God anyway.... This to me, is the heart of worship.
ae8568.jpg

RANDOR

Fishin Everyday
Apr 13, 2014
HEAVEN
Yes....that is a beautiful thing............ya know.......I'm a male obvious.....but there is nothing better than thousands of males all
at one time....givin praise to their Lord. Been there done that......waitin for next time......:)

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
I know what you mean and I agree...there's nothing like it in the world!...

This topic came from a conversation with couple of friends, formally involved in a tight pentecostal music team setting, to being part of a Baptist church music team. Their concerns are that the Baptist Pastor is now wanting to go in the direction of hiring a music director to get the team more polished in their delivery. Don't get me wrong, there's nothing wrong with having a well practiced, polished music team but my friends have come from that background and they find it so refreshing to still find churches who are not so focused on the music delivery as they are on the heart of worship.

Mr.Bride

Jan 31, 2013
The Southern Carolinas
You're right.. It's the anointing that breaks the yokes, not the performing. We wanna make sure we don't try to place the Holy Spirit inside a box where He can't flow freely. I look at it like us giving Him back the live that He placed in us. Not our worship, but His.

In a book I read by Frank Bartleman talking about the Azusa Street revival, it was saying how the folks started to grieve the Holy Spirit by letting man get in the way. That excellence in worship comes from Him.