The Holy Sacrament is Spiritual

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mary did that which was needful . DO remember that JIM .
Sat at the feet and CHRIST and listened to HIM .
Same JESUS who said If one believes they will be saved but if one believes not they will be damned .
Same JESUS that said GO and preach the one true gospel , NOT THE SOCIAL GOSPEL LIE , but the true gospel
to BELIEVE ON HIM .
Rather odd , WHEN paul went into all those jewish synagogues
was he preaching lets all just do good works , come together and find common ground
OR WAS HE PREACHING BELIEVE YE IN CHRIST JESUS . exactly jim .
Paul wasnt preaching some false gospel focused on what religions all had in common .
HE was preaching JESUS CHRIST . now go and learn THAT and flee the social all inclusive go spell from hell .
This clearly proves that YOU ARE OUT OF YOUR MIND!!!

P.S. There is no such thing as "the social all inclusive go spell from hell" Is that some kind of spelling bee?

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
LOL!!! Now I am gaining understanding that you live in constant fear. Why not try living in faith? It's much easier on the mind and soul.
fear . its not i who lives in fear . I live by the Faith of the SON of GOD .
But the same GOD , SPIRIT sure does untion me to warn when i see something dangerous to the body of Christ

Reactions: Marvelloustime

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

P.S. There is no such thing as "the social all inclusive go spell from hell" Is that some kind of spelling bee?
They naysayers made the same false accusations against Jesus. He stands in good company . Your ad hominems are not a rebuttal and tell us much more about you than him , Jim .

hope this helps !!!

• Love
Reactions: amigo de christo

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But the same GOD , SPIRIT sure does untion me to warn when i see something dangerous to the body of Christ
Interesting Amigo, So did you see something dangerous about the crucifixion? Just curious. It was dangerous to the body of Christ. But remember you can't kill the body of Christ, he decided to leave us and gave up the ghost. They didn't take his life from him. We know that from scripture. Christ is immortal and God. Perhaps you should stop worrying about him now that he is risen.

John 10:28
And I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; neither shall anyone snatch them out of My hand.

You need to have a little more faith in God if you think his children are in danger at any time.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Jim B

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Interesting Amigo, So did you see something dangerous about the crucifixion? Just curious. It was dangerous to the body of Christ. But remember you can't kill the body of Christ, he decided to leave us and gave up the ghost. They didn't take his life from him. We know that from scripture. Christ is immortal and God. Perhaps you should stop worrying about him now that he is risen.

John 10:28
And I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; neither shall anyone snatch them out of My hand.

You need to have a little more faith in God if you think his children are in danger at any time.
No i dont see anything dangerous . Though often folks can and do make a cross or crucifix and idol .
What i mean is often some think there is power in the object . That is a serious problem and is dangerous .
Its wood , or metal , it has no power , it cannot do evil , it cannot do good .
Its an object . Its GOD we ought to cling too . He is invisible to our eyes
and there is no image that can be made by men or mens devices that will draw us closer to Him
or HE to us . That is the danger i see .

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Let's look at the different types of ad hominem arguments you might find.
  • Abusive - This is where the person is directly attacked. ...
  • Circumstantial - Personal circumstances motivate a person's argument, so it must be false. ...
  • Guilt by Association - Due to an association to something negative, an argument is discredited.
hope this helps !!!

Reactions: amigo de christo

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So I guess Christ, the shepherd, is incapable of protecting His own sheep. He clearly needs alarmists such as yourself. It's sad, man! Where is your faith? Must you take matters into your own hands and not trust the Lord?

You clearly are the one who lives in fear!

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No i dont see anything dangerous . Though often folks can and do make a cross or crucifix and idol .
What i mean is often some think there is power in the object . That is a serious problem and is dangerous .
Its wood , or metal , it has no power , it cannot do evil , it cannot do good .
Its an object . Its GOD we ought to cling too . He is invisible to our eyes
and there is no image that can be made by men or mens devices that will draw us closer to Him
or HE to us . That is the danger i see .
"No, I don't see anything dangerous ... that is a serious problem and is dangerous."

So, which is it?

marksman

My eldest granddaughter showing the result of her
Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
And you have yet to prove me wrong from scripture. I have already proven your view is wrong since Paul says the exact same thing as Jesus refuting your view it wasn’t anywhere else and the verse was isolated.

hope this helps !!!
No it doesn't as you can make scripture say anything you want it to say.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"No, I don't see anything dangerous ... that is a serious problem and is dangerous."

So, which is it?
Its not the cross or the crucifix that is dangerous at all . I mean its only metal , wood , etc
it cannot do good and it cannot do evil . its just an object .
The danger and serious problem is , PUTTING TRUST IN said objects .
You do realize i used to wear one , even when i lived my life as a whoremonger , drunk and who knows what else .
Many cling hard to rosary beads , they cling hard and trust in certain objects
ME i lean hard , cling too and trust in HE WHO MADE ALL THINGS . that is my point jim .

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Its not the cross or the crucifix that is dangerous at all . I mean its only metal , wood , etc
it cannot do good and it cannot do evil . its just an object .
The danger and serious problem is , PUTTING TRUST IN said objects .
You do realize i used to wear one , even when i lived my life as a whoremonger , drunk and who knows what else .
Many cling hard to rosary beads , they cling hard and trust in certain objects
ME i lean hard , cling too and trust in HE WHO MADE ALL THINGS . that is my point jim .
Obviously you don't realize that the subject of the OP is "the holy sacrament". You are going off-topic (as usual), changing the subject into something irrelevant.

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

So, which is it?
it all depends if one worships it as an idol or not. its just as simple as that Jim.

in fact some people worship their hot rods, fishing boats, possessions, wealth, self, etc.......

whatever takes the place of God in ones life is an idol. whether its a crucifix, a picture, child, wife, car, house, job, position or anything you can think of that take priority over the Lord. even a forum.........................

hope this helps !!!
No it doesn't as you can make scripture say anything you want it to say.
mark is projecting

marksman

My eldest granddaughter showing the result of her
Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
it all depends if one worships it as an idol or not. its just as simple as that Jim.

in fact some people worship their hot rods, fishing boats, possessions, wealth, self, etc.......

whatever takes the place of God in ones life is an idol. whether its a crucifix, a picture, child, wife, car, house, job, position or anything you can think of that take priority over the Lord. even a forum.........................

hope this helps !!!

mark is projecting
I have to admit I have never used a projector.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John 6:53-58
“Truly, truly, I say to you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you have no life in you. Whoever feeds on my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise him up on the last day. For my flesh is true food, and my blood is true drink. Whoever feeds on my flesh and drinks my blood abides in me, and I in him. As the living Father sent me, and I live because of the Father, so whoever feeds on me, he also will live because of me. This is the bread that came down from heaven, not like the bread[c] the fathers ate, and died. Whoever feeds on this bread will live forever.”

There is nothing “symbolic” or “metaphorical” here.
Jesus MEANT what He said. This is why many of His disciples left that day – because they couldn’t handle what He was telling them (John 6:66).

The normal Greek word for the way a human eats is Phago. HOWEVER, the word used here in John 6 is Trogo, which is the way an animal rips apart and gnaws on his food.

Jesus is our Paschal Lamb. And like the Passover Lamb was to be eaten – so is HE.

The Mosaic Law against drinking blood was in place because the blood carried LIFE of the creature (Lev. 17:11). The ONE person whose life we WANT in us is Jesus.

When His disciples walked away in verse 66 – did Jesus try to explain to them what He was “really” saying, as He often did?? NO.
He simply turned to the Twelve and said:
John 6:67

Do you ALSO want to leave?.

Jesus wasn’t pulling ANY punches. He meant what He said – and the Twelve stayed because they trusted in Him.
As Peter said:
John 6:68)

“Lord, to whom shall we go? You have the words of eternal life.

Jesus later showed them at the Last Supper how to achieve this SACRAMENTALLY.

The Early Church’s belief in the Eucharist and the Real Presence is why the Romans accused them of cannibalism. We see this in early writings such as the 2nd century document,
The Octavius of Minicius Felix

Last edited:

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What does "untion" mean? Why do you see yourself as some kind of "prophet" that has to constantly warn others of the dangers to the body of Christ?

Jesus is the head; Christians are the body. The head looks after the body, not some self-designated part. Jesus is the shepherd; we are His sheep. Why does Jesus Christ, the God-ordained shepherd of the sheep, need your help? I don't know if it's laughable or tragic!

Unlike yourself, I have faith in Jesus Christ. He and He alone is my rock, my Savior, my protector, my Lord, who loves me and has my welfare (and everyone else's) at heart. He is the one who died for my sins and He is the one who guides me.

Psalm 23:1-4...

The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want.
He makes me lie down in green pastures;
he leads me beside still waters;
he restores my soul.
He leads me in right paths
for his name’s sake.
Even though I walk through the darkest valley,
I fear no evil,
for you are with me;
your rod and your staff,
they comfort me."

I don't see your name here, "amigo", nor anyone else's. I put my total faith in Jesus Christ. He and He alone is my shepherd. With Him leading me, I lack nothing. He gives me peace and comfort. He restores my soul. He leads me in right paths. I fear no evil, for He is with me always.

Why do you satisfy your own ego by pretending to be the shepherd???
You are not the shepherd, Jesus is!!!

=> GET OVER YOURSELF!!! <=