The Holy Sacrament is Spiritual

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

marksman

My eldest granddaughter showing the result of her
Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The last few weeks have shown me that many Christians are rusted on to catholic teaching even though they claim to be protestants. When Luther posted his 95 thesis on the door of Wittenburg Cathedral drawing attention to the mistakes of the catholic church he was not anti catholic as such. He wanted to clean out that which was bad.

He did not stop being catholic but endeavored to recast it as he saw the truth. Although the catholic church was very displeased with his efforts, he remained a catholic priest. But the damage had been done and the protestant reformation began.

It did not develop a new mode of operation holus bolus. It retained some of the aspects of the catholic church. The two most obvious was the mass which developed into the communion and the paid priest which developed into the paid pastor.

Those two things in particular has hogtied the protestant church into being a pale imitation of the catholic church and has denied the church the ability to follow scripture which speaks of the priesthood of ALL believers not a chosen few and instead of gathering for fellowship meals as they did in the New Testament Church, they replaced them with a sip of wine and bit of bread. Which is not much good for you if you are hungry, which during the poverty of the New Testament era, many believers were.

The sooner we get rid of the role of pastor and adopt the new testament way which means a plurality of Elders and the priesthood of all believers, we will never claim our heritage. Having been a part of a church for 10 years that operated that way I can testify to the fact that it is a far superior method of operating.

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I see you can‘t appose me, so you have nothign to say.

Again, Jesus said clearly. Whoever eats will never hunger never thirst, They will never die, they will live forever. They WILL be raised ont he last day and they have eternal life.

If anyone eats. And those things do not happen. Jesus is a liar.
For some if they don't like what the bible says @marksman then they ignore it and act like its not in the bible. Mans opinions, emotions, subjective thoughts and feelings supercede the Scripture and take priority over them. Its modern relativism where truth becomes what one believes rather than the objective truth and authority of Scripture which is the believers guide and compass.

marksman

My eldest granddaughter showing the result of her
Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Its modern relativism where truth becomes what one believes rather than the objective truth and authority of Scripture which is the believers guide and compass.
When one studies the scriptures, it is clear the modern-day church much prefers their own version of truth rather than what the scripture teaches. For example where do you find any reference to liturgical garb in the scriptures?

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You have a low view of Scripture since my posts and threads are filled with Bible passages as my authority for what is the truth.
There was a dear old man who lay dying on his bed . He was surrounded by many .
There was another dear old man who lay dying on his bed and he too was surrounded by many .
To the first old man his dear wife , family and friends told him alas
a great a wonderful eternity awaits you . For you have done many great works
you gave to the poor , you built hospitals for the sick , you spent your time upon this earth
doing good . To which the first old man said , Alas yes i did , i was not like
those wicked things , i did much good .
The second old man too was surrounded by friends and by family .
And they told him you did so much good , you gave to the poor ,
a great eternity awaits you .
To which the old man said , OH LORD GOD simply remember THE MERCY you gave me In CHRIST
for the only goodness i had came from you .
I TELL US ALL this second man went HOME to the KING.

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There was a dear old man who lay dying on his bed . He was surrounded by many .
There was another dear old man who lay dying on his bed and he too was surrounded by many .
To the first old man his dear wife , family and friends told him alas
a great a wonderful eternity awaits you . For you have done many great works
you gave to the poor , you built hospitals for the sick , you spent your time upon this earth
doing good . To which the first old man said , Alas yes i did , i was not like
those wicked things , i did much good .
The second old man too was surrounded by friends and by family .
And they told him you did so much good , you gave to the poor ,
a great eternity awaits you .
To which the old man said , OH LORD GOD simply remember THE MERCY you gave me In CHRIST
for the only goodness i had came from you .
I TELL US ALL this second man went HOME to the KING.
Where are you getting these bizarre stories from? This one is very similar to the one that you posted in the "Reason Jews Reject Jesus" thread.

There is no indication that the first man didn't also go home to the king. He did many good things for others, following the example of the good Samaritan that Jesus used as an example of loving others. More importantly, there is no indication that he wasn't a Christian! In fact, he probably was, judging by his deeds. So he probably went home to the king also!

Where are you stealing these stories from? Clearly they do not originate with you, as you have never written anything like them before.

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Where are you getting these bizarre stories from? This one is very similar to the one that you posted in the "Reason Jews Reject Jesus" thread.

There is no indication that the first man didn't also go home to the king. He did many good things for others, following the example of the good Samaritan that Jesus used as an example of loving others. More importantly, there is no indication that he wasn't a Christian! In fact, he probably was, judging by his deeds. So he probably went home to the king also!

Where are you stealing these stories from? Clearly they do not originate with you, as you have never written anything like them before.
Is there something wrong with the story ?

Reactions: amigo de christo

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

A dear old lady lie dying in her bed
with many friends , much family surrounding her
the news as well .
The anchor told her , Ye have done well in this life . You gave much to the poor
ye loved much and told all that every path was fine
The untold millions you gave , billions you gave over your life to the poor
will be remembered .
TO which the lady said , Yes i did . I had hopsitals and orphanges opened
I gave much to the less fortunate . And though i was a christain
i always loved and told others YE dont have to believe , just do good , lets be all inclusive for the LOVE of
GOD is very broad and the way to him is through this inclusive love .
Another lady lay dying , surrounded by only a few .
And when compared to the other rich lady she could not compete with her works . For she was poor in this life .
YET her faith IN JESUS was strong .
Both died . The well loved rich lady was in torments of hells fire
Yet the poor lady whose faith was in CHRIST alone was now comforted and in the midst of all lambs and OF GOD .
The rich lady said , ALAS i gave far more than that wretched fundamental thing did .
TO which she was told , YEAH , BUT THAT fundamental JESUS CHRIST ONLY lady , DID WHAT WAS REQUIRED
to enter into everlasting life , WHEREAS YOU taught others they didnt need to do such a thing .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So do all the cults but that doesn't make them right.
And you have yet to prove me wrong from scripture. I have already proven your view is wrong since Paul says the exact same thing as Jesus refuting your view it wasn’t anywhere else and the verse was isolated.

hope this helps !!!

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A dear old lady lie dying in her bed
with many friends , much family surrounding her
the news as well .
The anchor told her , Ye have done well in this life . You gave much to the poor
ye loved much and told all that every path was fine
The untold millions you gave , billions you gave over your life to the poor
will be remembered .
TO which the lady said , Yes i did . I had hopsitals and orphanges opened
I gave much to the less fortunate . And though i was a christain
i always loved and told others YE dont have to believe , just do good , lets be all inclusive for the LOVE of
GOD is very broad and the way to him is through this inclusive love .
Another lady lay dying , surrounded by only a few .
And when compared to the other rich lady she could not compete with her works . For she was poor in this life .
YET her faith IN JESUS was strong .
Both died . The well loved rich lady was in torments of hells fire
Yet the poor lady whose faith was in CHRIST alone was now comforted and in the midst of all lambs and OF GOD .
The rich lady said , ALAS i gave far more than that wretched fundamental thing did .
TO which she was told , YEAH , BUT THAT fundamental JESUS CHRIST ONLY lady , DID WHAT WAS REQUIRED
to enter into everlasting life , WHEREAS YOU taught others they didnt need to do such a thing .
This is simply LUNACY!!! Do you really expect anybody will believe foolishness such as "And though i was a christain [sic] i always loved and told others YE dont have to believe". That is just total nonsense! As is "BUT THAT fundamental JESUS CHRIST ONLY lady , DID WHAT WAS REQUIRED to enter into everlasting life", which is salvation by works!

Again, what is the source of these bizarre stories? And don't tell me that you created them, as you haven't had a complete change of personality. Whose work are you stealing?

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is simply LUNACY!!! Do you really expect anybody will believe foolishness such as "And though i was a christain [sic] i always loved and told others YE dont have to believe". That is just total nonsense! As is "BUT THAT fundamental JESUS CHRIST ONLY lady , DID WHAT WAS REQUIRED to enter into everlasting life", which is salvation by works!

Again, what is the source of these bizarre stories? And don't tell me that you created them, as you haven't had a complete change of personality. Whose work are you stealing?
Mary did that which was needful . DO remember that JIM .
Sat at the feet and CHRIST and listened to HIM .
Same JESUS who said If one believes they will be saved but if one believes not they will be damned .
Same JESUS that said GO and preach the one true gospel , NOT THE SOCIAL GOSPEL LIE , but the true gospel
to BELIEVE ON HIM .
Rather odd , WHEN paul went into all those jewish synagogues
was he preaching lets all just do good works , come together and find common ground
OR WAS HE PREACHING BELIEVE YE IN CHRIST JESUS . exactly jim .
Paul wasnt preaching some false gospel focused on what religions all had in common .
HE was preaching JESUS CHRIST . now go and learn THAT and flee the social all inclusive go spell from hell .

Reactions: Marvelloustime