The Holy Spirit John 14: 26

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Greetings
I'm sorry you feel that way, I have no agenda, but I only seek truth, questions provide an answer even insignificant words, this is called the mindset

It's not about emotions. IF you truly sought the truth, KNOWING questions provide an answer, you would be all about answering questions posed to you.

One cannot answer a question by asking a question. You must know this. Try it in any academic setting test.

Have a good day.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Greetings
What does it mean, blaspheme the Holy Spirit?

download-31.jpg

Great question One. It is the severest of punishments sir, as there is no ransom for an individual and when they commit it, they will be cast into the lake of fire.

The great news is that it is virtually impossible to get. I think the best way to state it is that you have to know God intimately, and then work against His purposes. A prime example is Judas Iscariot, who literally was one of Jesus apostles, but traitor-ed him out. Jesus stated about him that it was better he was not born.

Another example is if an anointed Christian stops serving Jehovah Heb 6:4-6

And kind of contrary to my first statement, but is time sensitive is found at 2 Thes 1:8 upon the return of Jesus, those who do not know God will be destroyed. So they have been judged wicked for refusing to come to know God, after having been given the opportunity, because Jesus will not come until the good news has reached every nation Mat 24:14

Hope that helps answer your fantastic question.

Reactions: amadeus

OneIsTheWord

Sep 10, 2021
Earth
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Great question One. It is the severest of punishments sir, as there is no ransom for an individual and when they commit it, they will be cast into the lake of fire.

The great news is that it is virtually impossible to get. I think the best way to state it is that you have to know God intimately, and then work against His purposes. A prime example is Judas Iscariot, who literally was one of Jesus apostles, but traitor-ed him out. Jesus stated about him that it was better he was not born.

Another example is if an anointed Christian stops serving Jehovah Heb 6:4-6

And kind of contrary to my first statement, but is time sensitive is found at 2 Thes 1:8 upon the return of Jesus, those who do not know God will be destroyed. So they have been judged wicked for refusing to come to know God, after having been given the opportunity, because Jesus will not come until the good news has reached every nation Mat 24:14

Hope that helps answer your fantastic question.

greetings thank you
a question, can this statement follow or compare with Romans 6: 23 the phrase The wages of sin is death and in Revelation 21: 8 the second death and what is the second death?

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
greetings thank you
a question, can this statement follow or compare with Romans 6: 23 the phrase The wages of sin is death and in Revelation 21: 8 the second death and what is the second death?

Thanks for asking me One, great question by the way. It means permanent, eternal. We have to die once because of Adam's sin, but then we are either granted everlasting life, or death, if we die again it is a permanent judgment. No more chances.

OneIsTheWord

Sep 10, 2021
Earth
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thanks for asking me One, great question by the way. It means permanent, eternal. We have to die once because of Adam's sin, but then we are either granted everlasting life, or death, if we die again it is a permanent judgment. No more chances.

greeting
Thank you
there is something in my of a very long time since my quest to the road of salvation, and it's always finding the truth.
if I may a scenario of a sort, please bear with me, let say I am Christ, now Lucifer (Satan) has a problem not with man, but with Christ in heaven, the Adam (man) falls, of the result of Satan rebellion, now Satan has a plan, salvation is now the result Adam (man) fall, but in a time giving by the Lord God, for the future.
So the story is told throughout time for this coming future event, and the giving time Christ die, and this by law, for the wages of sin death.

In Ezekiel 18:4 "Behold, all souls are Mine; The soul of the father As well as the soul of the son is Mine; The soul who sins shall die.
Now Christ die for the entire world for Adam till the end, now Christ by law now have dominion over the entire world (earth)

In Ephesians 1:20-23 which He worked in Christ when He raised Him from the dead and seated Him at His right hand in the heavenly places,
far above all principality and power and might and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this age but also in that which is to come.
And He put all things under His feet and gave Him to be head over all things to the church, which is His body, the fullness of Him who fills all in all.

1 Corinthians 15:24-28 Then comes the end, when He delivers the kingdom to God the Father, when He puts an end to all rule and all authority and power.
For He must reign till He has put all enemies under His feet.
The last enemy that will be destroyed is death.
For "He has put all things under His feet." But when He says "all things are put under Him," it is evident that He who put all things under Him is excepted.
Now when all things are made subject to Him, then the Son Himself will also be subject to Him who put all things under Him, that God may be all in all.

Now
Revelation 1:17-18 (KJV)
And when I saw him, I fell at his feet as dead. And he laid his right hand upon me, saying unto me, Fear not; I am the first and the last:
I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive forevermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death.

In Luke 12:3-5 (NKJV)
Therefore whatever you have spoken in the dark will be heard in the light, and what you have spoken in the ear in inner rooms will be proclaimed on the housetops.
"And I say to you, My friends, do not be afraid of those who kill the body, and after that have no more that they can do.
But I will show you whom you should fear: Fear Him who, after He has killed, has the power to cast into hell; yes, I say to you, fear Him!

All this means to me as a sinner, that now I must renounce all of man's sins and Satan to Christ

In Matthew 10:32-34 "Therefore whoever confesses Me before men, him I will also confess before My Father who is in heaven.
But whoever denies Me before men, him I will also deny before My Father who is in heaven.
"Do not think that I came to bring peace on earth. I did not come to bring peace but a sword.

And only until this happens, then I may be saved and until Christ is completely and totally of the confession of Christ to men
Romans 10:10-13
For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth, confession is made unto salvation.
For the Scripture says, "Whoever believes on Him will not be put to shame."
For there is no distinction between Jew and Greek, for the same Lord over all is rich to all who call upon Him.
For "whoever calls on the name of the LORD shall be saved."

See I can do nothing for my salvation, I only can call, or be selected to confess (Romans 9:14-19)
Hebrews 4:12-16
For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the division of soul and spirit, and of joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.
And there is no creature hidden from His sight, but all things are naked and open to the eyes of Him to whom we must give account.
Seeing then that we have a great High Priest who has passed through the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our confession.
For we do not have a High Priest who cannot sympathize with our weaknesses, but was in all points tempted as we are, yet without sin.
Hebrews 4: 16 Let us, therefore, come boldly to the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy and find grace to help in time of need.

See the letter of the law, is pacific, there is no way around it
Romans 9:14-19
What shall we say then? Is there unrighteousness with God? Certainly not!
For He says to Moses, "I will have mercy on whomever I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whomever I will have compassion."
So then it is not of him who wills, nor of him who runs, but of God who shows mercy.
For the Scripture says to Pharaoh, "For this very purpose I have raised you up, that I may show My power in you, and that My name may be declared in all the earth."
Therefore He has mercy on whom He wills, and whom He wills He hardens.
You will say to me then, "Why does He still find fault? For who has resisted His will?"

Christ has the power to choose not us, I think this is those who are only selected for salvation, Christ paid for the entire world and chooses who will die with there sins or not but the letter of the law, is pacific, anything else is called a work, grace gospel man-made

this should bring fear, but I say something else about Satan's so call plan

Hebrews 4:12-16 may obtain mercy

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
greeting
Thank you
there is something in my of a very long time since my quest to the road of salvation, and it's always finding the truth.
if I may a scenario of a sort, please bear with me, let say I am Christ, now Lucifer (Satan) has a problem not with man, but with Christ in heaven, the Adam (man) falls, of the result of Satan rebellion, now Satan has a plan, salvation is now the result Adam (man) fall, but in a time giving by the Lord God, for the future.
So the story is told throughout time for this coming future event, and the giving time Christ die, and this by law, for the wages of sin death.

In Ezekiel 18:4 "Behold, all souls are Mine; The soul of the father As well as the soul of the son is Mine; The soul who sins shall die.
Now Christ die for the entire world for Adam till the end, now Christ by law now have dominion over the entire world (earth)

In Ephesians 1:20-23 which He worked in Christ when He raised Him from the dead and seated Him at His right hand in the heavenly places,
far above all principality and power and might and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this age but also in that which is to come.
And He put all things under His feet and gave Him to be head over all things to the church, which is His body, the fullness of Him who fills all in all.

1 Corinthians 15:24-28 Then comes the end, when He delivers the kingdom to God the Father, when He puts an end to all rule and all authority and power.
For He must reign till He has put all enemies under His feet.
The last enemy that will be destroyed is death.
For "He has put all things under His feet." But when He says "all things are put under Him," it is evident that He who put all things under Him is excepted.
Now when all things are made subject to Him, then the Son Himself will also be subject to Him who put all things under Him, that God may be all in all.

Now
Revelation 1:17-18 (KJV)
And when I saw him, I fell at his feet as dead. And he laid his right hand upon me, saying unto me, Fear not; I am the first and the last:
I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive forevermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death.

In Luke 12:3-5 (NKJV)
Therefore whatever you have spoken in the dark will be heard in the light, and what you have spoken in the ear in inner rooms will be proclaimed on the housetops.
"And I say to you, My friends, do not be afraid of those who kill the body, and after that have no more that they can do.
But I will show you whom you should fear: Fear Him who, after He has killed, has the power to cast into hell; yes, I say to you, fear Him!

All this means to me as a sinner, that now I must renounce all of man's sins and Satan to Christ

In Matthew 10:32-34 "Therefore whoever confesses Me before men, him I will also confess before My Father who is in heaven.
But whoever denies Me before men, him I will also deny before My Father who is in heaven.
"Do not think that I came to bring peace on earth. I did not come to bring peace but a sword.

And only until this happens, then I may be saved and until Christ is completely and totally of the confession of Christ to men
Romans 10:10-13
For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth, confession is made unto salvation.
For the Scripture says, "Whoever believes on Him will not be put to shame."
For there is no distinction between Jew and Greek, for the same Lord over all is rich to all who call upon Him.
For "whoever calls on the name of the LORD shall be saved."

See I can do nothing for my salvation, I only can call, or be selected to confess (Romans 9:14-19)
Hebrews 4:12-16
For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the division of soul and spirit, and of joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.
And there is no creature hidden from His sight, but all things are naked and open to the eyes of Him to whom we must give account.
Seeing then that we have a great High Priest who has passed through the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our confession.
For we do not have a High Priest who cannot sympathize with our weaknesses, but was in all points tempted as we are, yet without sin.
Hebrews 4: 16 Let us, therefore, come boldly to the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy and find grace to help in time of need.

See the letter of the law, is pacific, there is no way around it
Romans 9:14-19
What shall we say then? Is there unrighteousness with God? Certainly not!
For He says to Moses, "I will have mercy on whomever I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whomever I will have compassion."
So then it is not of him who wills, nor of him who runs, but of God who shows mercy.
For the Scripture says to Pharaoh, "For this very purpose I have raised you up, that I may show My power in you, and that My name may be declared in all the earth."
Therefore He has mercy on whom He wills, and whom He wills He hardens.
You will say to me then, "Why does He still find fault? For who has resisted His will?"

Christ has the power to choose not us, I think this is those who are only selected for salvation, Christ paid for the entire world and chooses who will die with there sins or not but the letter of the law, is pacific, anything else is called a work, grace gospel man-made

this should bring fear, but I say something else about Satan's so call plan

Hebrews 4:12-16 may obtain mercy

There are 2 real Gods One. Jehovah and satan, yes you can choose, as Jehovah put the choice up to all of us for life or death Deut 30:19,20. The sad truth is you have to choose life by serving Jehovah standing on His side of the issue, yes, a choice you have to make. Unfortunately the default god is satan, those who do not choose to stand on Jehovah's side, are by proxy in satan's hands. Does this make any sense to you?

True the Bible points out there are many gods, but in reality the two roads are either life or death, and those who receive the death judgment get cast into the lake of fire right along with satan.

OneIsTheWord

Sep 10, 2021
Earth
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There are 2 real Gods One. Jehovah and satan, yes you can choose, as Jehovah put the choice up to all of us for life or death Deut 30:19,20. The sad truth is you have to choose life by serving Jehovah standing on His side of the issue, yes, a choice you have to make. Unfortunately the default god is satan, those who do not choose to stand on Jehovah's side, are by proxy in satan's hands. Does this make any sense to you?

True the Bible points out there are many gods, but in reality the two roads are either life or death, and those who receive the death judgment get cast into the lake of fire right along with satan.

Greetings
download-22.jpg

My understanding

“And you were dead in the trespasses and sins in which you once walked, following the course of this world, following the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that is now at work in the sons of disobedience” (Ephesians 2:1–2, emphasis added). In this text the apostle Paul describes Satan first as a “prince” with power, because he has authentic power in the world (1 John 5:19). This power has been given to him by God (Luke 4:6). Satan has power over some illnesses (Luke 13:16; see also 2 Corinthians 12:7—it’s unknown if Paul’s “thorn” was an illness or something else). In some sense, Satan has power over death (Hebrews 2:14). The reason Satan is called a prince rather than a king is that there is only one King—Jesus Christ (1 Timothy 6:15).

Satan also has power over some people. The “sons of disobedience” referred to in Ephesians 2:2 are those who have not trusted Christ as Lord and Savior (cf. Acts 26:18; 2 Corinthians 4:4; Revelation 13:12). The demons are also under the rule of Satan (Matthew 12:24), and one of his titles is “prince of demons” (Matthew 9:34). Satan has a kingdom (Matthew 12:26) and a throne (Revelation 2:13). Satan is called a prince because he is a ruler and possesses the power to manifest evil in the world through influencing people and commanding demons.

“The air” in Ephesians 2:2 may refer to the invisible realm above the earth where Satan and his demons move and exist. This space, of course, is the location of the earth’s atmosphere or “air.” In Ephesians 6:12, Paul writes, “We do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the cosmic powers over this present darkness, against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly places.” This evil realm called the “air” could be an actual locality, but it could also be synonymous with the “world” of John 12:31. This whole world is Satan’s domain (Matthew 4:8–9).

Although Satan has power and authority in the current world system in which we exist, his power is limited, always under the sovereign control of God (Job 1:12), and it is temporary (Romans 16:20). God has not revealed all of the whys and whens concerning Satan’s rule, but He has made it clear that there is only one way to escape the power of Satan’s dominion, and that is through His Son, Jesus (Acts 26:18; Colossians 1:13–14). It is Jesus who, speaking of the impending cross, declared victory: “Now the prince of this world will be driven out” (John 12:31).

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Greetings
download-22.jpg

My understanding

“And you were dead in the trespasses and sins in which you once walked, following the course of this world, following the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that is now at work in the sons of disobedience” (Ephesians 2:1–2, emphasis added). In this text the apostle Paul describes Satan first as a “prince” with power, because he has authentic power in the world (1 John 5:19). This power has been given to him by God (Luke 4:6). Satan has power over some illnesses (Luke 13:16; see also 2 Corinthians 12:7—it’s unknown if Paul’s “thorn” was an illness or something else). In some sense, Satan has power over death (Hebrews 2:14). The reason Satan is called a prince rather than a king is that there is only one King—Jesus Christ (1 Timothy 6:15).

Satan also has power over some people. The “sons of disobedience” referred to in Ephesians 2:2 are those who have not trusted Christ as Lord and Savior (cf. Acts 26:18; 2 Corinthians 4:4; Revelation 13:12). The demons are also under the rule of Satan (Matthew 12:24), and one of his titles is “prince of demons” (Matthew 9:34). Satan has a kingdom (Matthew 12:26) and a throne (Revelation 2:13). Satan is called a prince because he is a ruler and possesses the power to manifest evil in the world through influencing people and commanding demons.

“The air” in Ephesians 2:2 may refer to the invisible realm above the earth where Satan and his demons move and exist. This space, of course, is the location of the earth’s atmosphere or “air.” In Ephesians 6:12, Paul writes, “We do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the cosmic powers over this present darkness, against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly places.” This evil realm called the “air” could be an actual locality, but it could also be synonymous with the “world” of John 12:31. This whole world is Satan’s domain (Matthew 4:8–9).

Although Satan has power and authority in the current world system in which we exist, his power is limited, always under the sovereign control of God (Job 1:12), and it is temporary (Romans 16:20). God has not revealed all of the whys and whens concerning Satan’s rule, but He has made it clear that there is only one way to escape the power of Satan’s dominion, and that is through His Son, Jesus (Acts 26:18; Colossians 1:13–14). It is Jesus who, speaking of the impending cross, declared victory: “Now the prince of this world will be driven out” (John 12:31).

I want to commend you for your insight One, the only thing that you may not be aware of indicated by this post is that satan and the demons now reside on the earth. Jesus has been enthroned as King, and the war in heaven has taken place and we are now living in the last days, that short period of time that satan has before the next step of his removal from the earth. Rev 12:7-9, 12; 20:1-3

OneIsTheWord

Sep 10, 2021
Earth
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Greetings
Satan is not on earth, and I can prove it, not yet if he was you wouldn't be here, we are not in the Great Tribulation, and not being mean if he was no one can stomach it, for fear no one is ready
Moral Conflict
images-69.jpg

The Problem the fall of Adam-man
Genesis 3:15
(Aramaic) Satan I will put enmity between yourself, you are cursed beyond all that I have created, you will have conflict within yourself and the woman, and between your generation and her generation; My Son shall bruise your head, and take away all that I have given you, for what you have done in My Kingdom, and on earth for Sorrow has filled heaven, as it was realized that Adam-man and the gentile humanity now is lost, and the world that I God created is to be filled mortal conflict, sufferance, misery, sickness even on to death. Humanity will also have conflict within

Morality will govern human decision, moral conflict all the days of her life they are no way of her escape of her offend and Satan shall bring sufferance

Many generations shall pass, but My Son shall many conflicts with man, My Son will and shall prevail, for I am with Him, and my children’s through Him shall be saved forevermore, and humanity through the Holy Spirit shall prevail, for the spirit of man cannot endure all things, for he is created in my image, but because humans are moral, they shall have a conflict with my spirit, humans will not always strive with me forever
more to come