The Holy Spirit

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

An Apologetic Sheepdog

Aug 12, 2021
Atlanta, Ga
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am so happy you chose to use the word Almighty as a synonym for Supreme as once again you made my case for Christ as the Supreme God, the Almighty God as will see below when we compare scripture with scripture like any GOOD bible student who "claims" to be an "apologist" should be doing themselves.

Your argument is so fundamentally flawed that you confuse yourself. That much is obvious.

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your argument is so fundamentally flawed that you confuse yourself. That much is obvious.
I provided a sound apologetic using scripture in its context and you have no apologetic just snide remarks which says allot about your inability to refute the truth. I'm starting to see its a complete waist of my time engaging you since you have yet to prove me wrong about the Almighty God, the True God and Eternal life, our Great God and Savior all pointing to Jesus Christ , not the Father. I have demonstrated sound hermeneutical principles whereas you have provided nothing but your personal opinions- eisegesis.

hope this helps !!!

An Apologetic Sheepdog

Aug 12, 2021
Atlanta, Ga
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I provided a sound apologetic using scripture in its context and you have no apologetic just snide remarks which says allot about your inability to refute the truth. I'm starting to see its a complete waist of my time engaging you since you have yet to prove me wrong about the Almighty God, the True God and Eternal life, our Great God and Savior all pointing to Jesus Christ , not the Father. I have demonstrated sound hermeneutical principles whereas you have provided nothing but your personal opinions- eisegesis.

hope this helps !!!

You dance well but no and saying it time after time doesn't change the fact of the matter.

Jesus is not the Father ( who is the Supreme)

You are just blinded by your own self intellect and ego that you cannot see the plain truth in front of you.

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You dance well but no and saying it time after time doesn't change the fact of the matter.

Jesus is not the Father ( who is the Supreme)

You are just blinded by your own self intellect and ego that you cannot see the plain truth in front of you.
Do you know the difference between modalism and trinitarianism ?

Any more strawman/fallacious arguments you care to make ?

BTW I'm still waiting to see your very first " APOLOGETIC " and BICLICAL response to any of my posts or questions regarding 2 Peter 1:1, Titus 2:13 and Now Revelation 1:8

So far you have struck out with a batting average of .000

hope this helps !!!

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The word "supreme" is an English selection for translation purposes by the translator so by definition ( Supreme being the unchallenged #1) that usage ( in title and intent) is everywhere

From "Lord" God, "Excellent" ( to go beyond), "Almighty" and so on. In Job 38, God goes into detail about His "supremacy".

Now to Jesus
Matthew 28:18- Jesus was GIVEN ( by the Supreme) all authority (He didn't have it before He was given it)

Ephesians 1:20-23- When God raised Christ ( the Supreme raised Him- Jesus didn't raise Himself) put Him at the "Right Hand" (That position is for the 2nd in Command)

There are others- 1Peter 3, John 17

As i said, God is the father and Supreme God, Jesus is God and the Son of the father, The 2 are not the same.

Its that simple.
I see your claim is false and the bible does not say: SUPREME GOD like you claimed.

Another demonstration of no provable apologetic.

hope this helps !!!

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Have you ever given thought to the fact that there was 'no Holy Ghost' in the Old Testament?
He was not necessary in the Old Testament because there was no 'Christ in you the hope of glory' to be revealed.

Think on these things Saints - sometimes it's necessary to contemplate what is not written.

Hello @soul man

I have only just seen this thread, and read your OP. Interesting, (Thank you) :)

* My first thought goes to Luke 24:49 & Acts 1:4, which refer to the coming of the Holy Ghost as a promise previously made by God the Father. When I look for the origin of this promise in the OT, my online Bible refers me to Isaiah 32:15; Isaiah 44:3-4; Isaiah 59:20-21 & Ezekiel 36:26.

* The Holy Ghost, is defined as, 'Power from on High' in (Luke 24:49). It was received by the risen Christ, from God the Father and 'shed forth' at Pentecost (Acts of the Apostles 2:33), upon the disciples, who would take the gospel message and make it known. That was surely the purpose it was given, to equip them for that task.

* I refer to the Holy Ghost or Holy Spirit as 'it' in relation to 'the power from on high' only: that word does not do justice to the Holy Spirit.

* The knowledge that 'Christ in (or among) the Gentiles' was their 'hope of glory', was made known by God to the Apostle Paul while in Prison in Rome at the end of the Acts period: following the departure of Israel into the blindness of unbelief, prior to their scattering, salvation being 'sent to the Gentiles' (Acts 28:28); approximately 40 years following the shedding forth of the Power from on High, promised by God to Israel by the Prophets, at Pentecost

* What is needed to discern the teaching associated with the hope of Colossians 1:27 (and *the prison epistles generally), is 'The Spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of Him' that Paul prayed for the Ephesians in (Ephesians 1:17+)

* Individuals in the Old Testament were endowed with power from on high, or by the Holy Spirit, for specific purposes.

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris

* Ephesians, Philippians, Colossians, 1 & 2 Timothy, Titus and Philemon (prison epistles)

Last edited:

An Apologetic Sheepdog

Aug 12, 2021
Atlanta, Ga
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you know the difference between modalism and trinitarianism ?

Any more strawman/fallacious arguments you care to make ?

I know both the difference and both views are incorrect so neither is a concern for me.

You keep dreaming but the reality is as i have said. All your wishing and ranting doesn't change it.

You believe your own delusions

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He had a vision and saw God ( the Father) that's Adonoy used ( emphasis and synonym for YHWH) and crosses to Greek despotase ( absolute ruler)

They aint the same, LOL but you are blinded in your own conceit.
Once again you are wrong as John tells us Isaiah SAW the SON, not the Father. Color coded for easy understanding.

John 12:41
These things Isaiah said, because he saw His glory, and he spoke of Him

Isaiah 6:1-5
In the year of King, Uzziah's death, I saw the Lord sitting on a throne, lofty and exalted, with the train of His robe filling the temple. 2 Seraphim stood above Him, each having six wings; with two he covered his face, and with two he covered his feet, and with two he flew. 3 And one called out to another and said,

"Holy, Holy, Holy, is the Lord of hosts,,
The whole earth is full of His glory."

4 And the foundations of the thresholds trembled at the voice of him who called out, while the temple was filling with smoke. 5 Then I said,

5"Woe is me, for I am ruined!,

Because I am a man of unclean lips,

And I live among a people of unclean lips;,

For my eyes have seen the King, the Lord of hosts."

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
the two are NOT the same person.
and Salvation is based on believing that JESUS CHRIST is GOD... that is the true definition of a Christian... ONE who believes that JESUS is GOD.

All the knowledge in the world will not help with your salvation or anyone else's if they REFUSE the BLOOD of CHRIST....Why was Christ's blood so PRECIOUS??? BECAUSE God made HIMSELF man... so that by His life... death and resurrection we would be absolved from our SINS.

It was the PERFECT plan... and so easy...yet so many deny it.. reject it.. mock it... and try to mess with it.

Reactions: ChristisGod

An Apologetic Sheepdog

Aug 12, 2021
Atlanta, Ga
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
and Salvation is based on believing that JESUS CHRIST is GOD... that is the true definition of a Christian... ONE who believes that JESUS is GOD.

Then why did Jesus always say he was the SON of God and later that His authority was GIVEN to Him by the Father?