The Holy Spirit

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Have you ever given thought to the fact that there was 'no Holy Ghost' in the Old Testament? He was not necessary in the Old Testament because there was no 'Christ in you the hope of glory' to be revealed.

Think on these things Saints - sometimes it's necessary to contemplate what is not written.
This is my favorite account of the Holy Spirit in the OT...

"1Then the LORD said to Moses, 2“See, I have called by name Bezalel son of Uri, the son of Hur, of the tribe of Judah. 3And I have filled him with the Spirit of God, with skill, ability, and knowledge in all kinds of craftsmanship, 4to design artistic works in gold, silver, and bronze, 5to cut gemstones for settings, and to carve wood, so that he may be a master of every craft." Exodus 31:1-5:

"30Then Moses said to the Israelites, “See, the LORD has called by name Bezalel son of Uri, the son of Hur, of the tribe of Judah. 31And He has filled him with the Spirit of God, with skill, ability, and knowledge in all kinds of craftsmanship, 32to design artistic works in gold, silver, and bronze, 33to cut gemstones for settings, and to carve wood, so that he may be a master of every artistic craft." Exodus 35:30-32

Reactions: Ancient

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
OK Bugs, LOL

I like the way you cherry pick and manipulate but it still doesn't change the facts.

You have no concept or clue as to what either actually mean.
No that would be you as I know the Hebrew meaning in the OT for son of man and the Jewish Encyclopedia.

"Son of man" is a common term in the Psalms, used to accentuate the difference between God and human beings. As in Ps. viii. 4 (A. V. 5), the phrase implies "mortality," "impotence," "transientness,"as against the omnipotence and eternality of God. Yhwh looks down from His throne in heaven upon the "children," or "sons," of "man" (Ps. xi. 4, xxxiii. 13). The faithful fail among them (Ps. xii. 2 [A. V. 1]); the seed of Yhwh's enemies will not abide among the "children of men" (Ps. xxi. 10). "Children of men" is thus equivalent to "mankind" (Ps. xxxvi. 8 [A. V. 7], lxvi. 5).

"Sons of men," or "children of men," designates also the slanderers and evil-doers in contrast to the righteous, that is, Israel (Ps. lvii. 5 [A. V. 4], lviii. 2 [A. V. 1]). It occurs most frequently, however, as a synonym for "mankind," "the human race" (Ps. xc. 3, cvii. 8, cxv. 16, cxlv. 12); it has this sense also in the passage in which wisdom is said to delight with the "sons of men" (Prov. viii. 31). Job(xvi. 21) employs the expression in the passionate plea for his rights while he is contending against God and against his neighbors. But Bildad insists that the "son of man," who is a mere worm, can not be justified with God (Job xxv. 4-6). In the same spirit the prophet (Isa. li. 12) censures Israel for being afraid of "the son of man which shall be made as grass" when Yhwh is their Comforter; but in Isa. lvi. 2-3 the Sabbath is extolled as making the "son of man" (i.e., any man, regardless of birth) blessed; indeed, God has His eyes "open upon all the ways of the sons of men: to give every one according to his ways" (Jer. xxxii. 19). Jewish Encyclopedia

And those same Jews knowing what the Title Son of God tried killing Jesus because they knew what it meant and that He was claiming to be God for using that title of Himself. Read you bible its there in black and white- For you being a man(son of man) make yourself out to be God (the Son of God ) hence the Blasphemy accusation against Him.

hope this helps !!!

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
So...how's the standing-in-the-gap and repenting on behalf of our nations going?

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But then, how many Gods are there?

"For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God?
just because scripture uses the words gods, lords, sons of God does not mean they are Deity like YHWH. When we are talking about the Son who is God, the 2nd Person of the Trinity He is the Unique( monogenes) One of a kind Son of God- there is none like Him.

Are you a Trinitarian ?

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
More of your talking in circles and still not getting it
What you do not get is the Son of God is God , Eternal and He is called God, worshiped as God, prayed to as God, responsible for creation as God, and has been called such many times in Scripture.

hope this helps !!!

Last edited:
Reactions: Ancient

An Apologetic Sheepdog

Aug 12, 2021
Atlanta, Ga
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What yo do not get is the Son of God is God , Eternal and He is called God, worshiped as God, prayed to as God, responsible for creation as God many times in Scripture.

hope this helps !!!

What part of the statement that Jesus ( the Son) is God but He is not God the Father don't you comprehend?

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What part of the statement that Jesus ( the Son) is God but He is not God the Father don't you comprehend?
What part of Modalism and Trinitarianism do you not understand ?

I'm not a modalist but a Trinitarian.

hope this helps !!!

But I doubt it will since you do not know what they mean and I've told you this several times. You either do not listen or do not understand their meanings and the differences between the two.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
just because scripture uses the words gods, lords, sons of God does not mean they are Deity like YHWH. When we are talking about the Son who is God, the 2nd Person of the Trinity He is the Unique( monogenes) One of a kind Son of God- there is none like Him.
"And now I am no more in the world, but these are in the world, and I come to thee. Holy Father, keep through thine own name those whom thou hast given me, that they may be one, as we are." John 17:11

How is it that we may be one as Jesus and the Father are One?

Are you a Trinitarian ?
No, I am not. Should I be? If yes, why?

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"And now I am no more in the world, but these are in the world, and I come to thee. Holy Father, keep through thine own name those whom thou hast given me, that they may be one, as we are." John 17:11

How is it that we may be one as Jesus and the Father are One?

No, I am not. Should I be? If yes, why?
Are you comparing your oneness with Christ in the same way Jesus compared His oneness to the Father ?

Is seeing you the same as seeing the Father ?

Are you sinless ?

Did you create the heavens and the earth with the Father like the Son did displaying His oneness with the Father in creation ?

Did you send the Holy Spirit at Pentecost to all men ?

Do you dwell in believers like the Father, Son and Holy Spirit dwell in them ?

I can list a dozen other things that reveal your oneness with God in not the Same as Jesus oneness with the FATHER.

hope this helps !!!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are you comparing your oneness with Christ in the same way Jesus compared His oneness to the Father ?
Might not a better question be as to whether or not I am growing? Is He increasing in me as I am decreasing in myself?

"And Jesus increased in wisdom and stature, and in favour with God and man." Luke 2:52

"He must increase, but I must decrease." John 3:30

As to comparing my oneness to His, how am I able to do that more accurately than I am able to see Him? My vision is still as through a "glass darkly" which means I don't see everything "face to face" yet! What man among us does?

If indeed, however, I am growing as Jesus was growing is not also my vision improving? Do I see now better than when I first began with Him? I do believe so.

Is seeing you the same as seeing the Father ?
How is your vision? Was Philip able to see the Father when he asked Jesus the following?

"Philip saith unto him, Lord, show us the Father, and it sufficeth us.
Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Show us the Father?" John 14:8-9

Have you moved already from "as through a glass darkly" vision to "face to face" vision? If you have then you already know the answer to your question. If you have Not then of course you could not see clearly what I would look like to God.

Are you sinless ?
Was not Jesus... "...in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin?" [see Heb 4:15]

When I see him face to face, that is as he is then..?

"Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is." I John 3:2

How much like Him am I at the moment? God knows! What do I know? I live by faith, rather than by knowledge. Who is the finisher of our faith? He is not finished with me yet.

Did you create the heavens and the earth with the Father like the Son did displaying His oneness with the Father in creation ?

Did you send the Holy Spirit at Pentecost to all men ?

Do you dwell in believers like the Father, Son and Holy Spirit dwell in them ?

I can list a dozen other things that reveal your oneness with God in not the Same as Jesus oneness with the FATHER.
I never said that I was one with the Father as Jesus was. Rather what I indicated was that I am growing from a through a glass darkly vision toward a face to face vision. Is your vision better?

Are there any dark places in your vision? [No need to answer that.] There certainly are in mine, at least for the moment.

Last edited:
Reactions: ChristisGod

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Might not a better question be as to whether or not I am growing? Is He increasing in me as I am decreasing in myself?

"And Jesus increased in wisdom and stature, and in favour with God and man." Luke 2:52

"He must increase, but I must decrease." John 3:30

As to comparing my oneness to His, how am I able to do that more accurately than I am able to see Him? My vision is still as through a "glass darkly" which means I don't see everything "face to face" yet! What man among us does?

If indeed, however, I am growing as Jesus was growing is not also my vision improving? Do I see now better than when I first began with Him? I do believe so.

How is your vision? Was Philip able to see the Father when he asked Jesus the following?

"Philip saith unto him, Lord, show us the Father, and it sufficeth us.
Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Show us the Father?" John 14:8-9

Have you moved already from "as through a glass darkly" vision to "face to face" vision? If you have then you already know the answer to your question. If you have Not then of course you could not see clearly what I would look like to God.

Was not Jesus... "...in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin?" [see Heb 4:15]

When I see him face to face, that is as he is then..?

"Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is." I John 3:2

How much like Him am I at the moment? God knows! What do I know? I live by faith, rather than by knowledge. Who is the finisher of our faith? He is not finished with me yet.

I never said that I was one with the Father as Jesus was. Rather what I indicated was that I am growing from a through a glass darkly vision toward a face to face vision. Is your vision better?

Are there any dark places in your vision? [No need to answer that.] There certainly are in mine, at least for the moment.
Thanks for clarifying things !

Sometimes it takes several posts to understands someone’s point they are making and this medium we can all make assumptions about a persons post . So thank you for clearing it up !

Reactions: amadeus