The Hope Of The World

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A truly glorious chapter, containing much that's vital about God in Three Persons, the work of Christ, the assurance and eternal security of the believer, prayer and much besides.
i call it my victory chapter i use to read it when the battering rams was coming against me.. looks like i need rda it over again been on of those weeks had put car in shop last week. cant get the part i need due to the strike.... .o need some victory over come the flesh

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
i call it my victory chapter i use to read it when the battering rams was coming against me.. looks like i need rda it over again been on of those weeks had put car in shop last week. cant get the part i need due to the strike.... .o need some victory over come the flesh
That passage, and 1 Corinthians 15.57... :)

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i am so sorry you been mislead water NEVER SAVED ANY ONE. its a spiritual birth the spirit quickens brings to life
Romans 8 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.

11 But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.

12 Therefore, brethren, we are debtors, not to the flesh, to live after the flesh.

13 For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live.

14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.

15 For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.

16 The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:
Water is not the ENDS of Baptism.
Water is the MEANS y which we are Baptized. This is why Christ told Nicodemus that a man must be born of WATER and Spirit (John 3:5) when asked how a man is born again (John 3:4).

The Early Christians would booted you right out of the Church for your heterodox opinions on Baptism . . .

Irenaeus
"He [Jesus] came to save all through himself; all, I say, who through him are reborn in God: infants, and children, and youths, and old men. Therefore he passed through every age, becoming an infant for infants, sanctifying infants; a child for children, sanctifying those who are of that age . . . [so that] he might be the perfect teacher in all things, perfect not only in respect to the setting forth of truth, perfect also in respect to relative age" (Against Heresies 2:22:4 [A.D. 189]).

Hippolytus
"Baptize first the children, and if they can speak for themselves let them do so. Otherwise, let their parents or other relatives speak for them" (The Apostolic Tradition 21:16 [A.D. 215]).

Origen
"Every soul that is born into flesh is soiled by the filth of wickedness and sin. . . . In the Church, baptism is given for the remission of sins, and, according to the usage of the Church, baptism is given even to infants. If there were nothing in infants which required the remission of sins and nothing in them pertinent to forgiveness, the grace of baptism would seem superfluous" (Homilies on Leviticus 8:3 [A.D. 248]).

"The Church received from the apostles the tradition of giving baptism even to infants. The apostles, to whom were committed the secrets of the divine sacraments, knew there are in everyone innate strains of [original] sin, which must be washed away through water and the Spirit" (Commentaries on Romans 5:9 [A.D. 248]).

Cyprian of Carthage
"As to what pertains to the case of infants: You [Fidus] said that they ought not to be baptized within the second or third day after their birth, that the old law of circumcision must be taken into consideration, and that you did not think that one should be baptized and sanctified within the eighth day after his birth. In our council it seemed to us far otherwise. No one agreed to the course which you thought should be taken. Rather, we all judge that the mercy and grace of God ought to be denied to no man born" (Letters 64:2 [A.D. 253]).

John Chrysostom
"You see how many are the benefits of baptism, and some think its heavenly grace consists only in the remission of sins, but we have enumerated ten honors [it bestows]! For this reason we baptize even infants, though they are not defiled by [personal] sins, so that there may be given to them holiness, righteousness, adoption, inheritance, brotherhood with Christ, and that they may be his [Christ’s] members" (Baptismal Catecheses in Augustine, Against Julian 1:6:21 [A.D. 388]).

Augustine
"What the universal Church holds, not as instituted [invented] by councils but as something always held, is most correctly believed to have been handed down by APOSTOLIC AUTHORITY. Since others respond for children, so that the celebration of the sacrament may be complete for them, it is certainly availing to them for their consecration, because they themselves are not able to respond" (On Baptism, Against the Donatists 4:24:31 [A.D. 400]).

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Water is not the ENDS of Baptism.
Water is the MEANS y which we are Baptized. This is why Christ told Nicodemus that a man must be born of WATER and Spirit (John 3:5) when asked how a man is born again (John 3:4).

The Early Christians would booted you right out of the Church for your heterodox opinions on Baptism . . .

Irenaeus
"He [Jesus] came to save all through himself; all, I say, who through him are reborn in God: infants, and children, and youths, and old men. Therefore he passed through every age, becoming an infant for infants, sanctifying infants; a child for children, sanctifying those who are of that age . . . [so that] he might be the perfect teacher in all things, perfect not only in respect to the setting forth of truth, perfect also in respect to relative age" (Against Heresies 2:22:4 [A.D. 189]).

Hippolytus
"Baptize first the children, and if they can speak for themselves let them do so. Otherwise, let their parents or other relatives speak for them" (The Apostolic Tradition 21:16 [A.D. 215]).

Origen
"Every soul that is born into flesh is soiled by the filth of wickedness and sin. . . . In the Church, baptism is given for the remission of sins, and, according to the usage of the Church, baptism is given even to infants. If there were nothing in infants which required the remission of sins and nothing in them pertinent to forgiveness, the grace of baptism would seem superfluous" (Homilies on Leviticus 8:3 [A.D. 248]).

"The Church received from the apostles the tradition of giving baptism even to infants. The apostles, to whom were committed the secrets of the divine sacraments, knew there are in everyone innate strains of [original] sin, which must be washed away through water and the Spirit" (Commentaries on Romans 5:9 [A.D. 248]).

Cyprian of Carthage
"As to what pertains to the case of infants: You [Fidus] said that they ought not to be baptized within the second or third day after their birth, that the old law of circumcision must be taken into consideration, and that you did not think that one should be baptized and sanctified within the eighth day after his birth. In our council it seemed to us far otherwise. No one agreed to the course which you thought should be taken. Rather, we all judge that the mercy and grace of God ought to be denied to no man born" (Letters 64:2 [A.D. 253]).

John Chrysostom
"You see how many are the benefits of baptism, and some think its heavenly grace consists only in the remission of sins, but we have enumerated ten honors [it bestows]! For this reason we baptize even infants, though they are not defiled by [personal] sins, so that there may be given to them holiness, righteousness, adoption, inheritance, brotherhood with Christ, and that they may be his [Christ’s] members" (Baptismal Catecheses in Augustine, Against Julian 1:6:21 [A.D. 388]).

Augustine
"What the universal Church holds, not as instituted [invented] by councils but as something always held, is most correctly believed to have been handed down by APOSTOLIC AUTHORITY. Since others respond for children, so that the celebration of the sacrament may be complete for them, it is certainly availing to them for their consecration, because they themselves are not able to respond" (On Baptism, Against the Donatists 4:24:31 [A.D. 400]).

i have bible thank you very much
For this reason we baptize even infants, though they are not defiled by [personal] sins, so that there may be given to them holiness, righteousness, adoption, inheritance, brotherhood with Christ, and that they may be his [Christ’s] members" (Baptismal Catecheses in Augustine, Against Julian 1:6:21 [A.D. 388]).
more garbage /mythology

Origen
even more junk with out the shedding of Blood there is no remission of sins .read your bible

Reactions: farouk

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i have bible thank you very much more garbage /mythology
even more junk with out the shedding of Blood there is no remission of sins .read your bible
Ummmm, owning a Bible and READING it are two very different things . . .

Acts 2:38
Peter replied, “Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.

Christ's blood WAS shed so that we could be Baptized and forgiven.

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
[QUOTE="soul man, post: 641891, member: 7727"
]John 14:6
Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

You either get your identity from what you have done in life, or you get your identity from Christ in you. You either identify with all the things that made you a you, or you see through it to Christ now. Such as; Christ as the doer, so to speak, using your background, your training, your ways become his ways when necessary. It is no longer just a you you, it is now a you joined unto another new life that is shared life. Shared by the knowledge of the Christ in you you have. Simple way to look at it is, "it is no longer you that lives, but Christ lives in you, yet you live Paul said but the life you now live is the life of another. So you no longer have an old life to live is what he is saying, all you have is a new life. You can only think (mind issue) you have an old life to live.

How do we get a new life? by accepting the finished work of the cross. Do you know what the finished work of the cross is? It is Christ crucifying the old man on the cross (no wonder Paul was determined to know nothing but Christ crucified). The old man is dead as Christ was when he died on the cross. What a message of hope, the gospel is the greatest news that can come to hopeless humanity. Sometimes we get caught up in our own situations in life and forget the world, the world needs Jesus, the world needs to hear the gospel.

They don't need corrected in their mess they need to hear hope, they are already living in misery and need a life-line. They need to know that thing that drives their sin and deep inhibitions is dead in Christ. The nature that caused all their pain and suffering is dead and gone, destroyed by Christ on the cross, never to be resurrected. They don't have to live for sins pleasure for a moment, that causes a lifetime of pain. They don't have to be addicted to every body pull imaginable, and therapists taking them back to relive it over and over again. There is hope for the vicious cycle of humanities debauchery. That hope comes one way and one way only, by the cross of Calvary and the delivering power of Jesus Christ to set a captive free. It comes by that one life that changed all life, Christ in you the hope of glory. No other way, nothing but the blood of Jesus.
[/QUOTE]

'I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live;
yet not I, but Christ liveth in me:
and the life which I now live in the flesh
I live by the faith of the Son of God,
Who loved me, and gave Himself for me.'

(Galatians 2:20)

'If ye then be risen with Christ,
seek those things which are above,
where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God.
Set your affection on things above,
not on things on the earth.
For ye are dead,
and your life is hid with Christ in God.
When Christ, Who is our life, shall appear,
then shall ye also appear with Him in glory.'

(Colossians 3:1)

Praise God - Praise His Holy Name!

Reactions: soul man

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
[QUOTE="soul man, post: 641891, member: 7727"
]John 14:6
Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

You either get your identity from what you have done in life, or you get your identity from Christ in you. You either identify with all the things that made you a you, or you see through it to Christ now. Such as; Christ as the doer, so to speak, using your background, your training, your ways become his ways when necessary. It is no longer just a you you, it is now a you joined unto another new life that is shared life. Shared by the knowledge of the Christ in you you have. Simple way to look at it is, "it is no longer you that lives, but Christ lives in you, yet you live Paul said but the life you now live is the life of another. So you no longer have an old life to live is what he is saying, all you have is a new life. You can only think (mind issue) you have an old life to live.

How do we get a new life? by accepting the finished work of the cross. Do you know what the finished work of the cross is? It is Christ crucifying the old man on the cross (no wonder Paul was determined to know nothing but Christ crucified). The old man is dead as Christ was when he died on the cross. What a message of hope, the gospel is the greatest news that can come to hopeless humanity. Sometimes we get caught up in our own situations in life and forget the world, the world needs Jesus, the world needs to hear the gospel.

They don't need corrected in their mess they need to hear hope, they are already living in misery and need a life-line. They need to know that thing that drives their sin and deep inhibitions is dead in Christ. The nature that caused all their pain and suffering is dead and gone, destroyed by Christ on the cross, never to be resurrected. They don't have to live for sins pleasure for a moment, that causes a lifetime of pain. They don't have to be addicted to every body pull imaginable, and therapists taking them back to relive it over and over again. There is hope for the vicious cycle of humanities debauchery. That hope comes one way and one way only, by the cross of Calvary and the delivering power of Jesus Christ to set a captive free. It comes by that one life that changed all life, Christ in you the hope of glory. No other way, nothing but the blood of Jesus.

For ye are dead,

Praise God - Praise His Holy Name![/QUOTE]

You know what helped me to identify with Christ was first; a revelation of the indwelling Christ, but that is really a beginning of being taught, but it leads to knowing and learning the scriptures. Learning there is only two of everything, such as; lifes. There is the first life we had which was a death life, reguardless it was a life. Second there is a Christ life. If you read the scripture close enough you will not find a human life of their own, humans have no life of there own. What we call human life is really one or the other mentioned. There are two natures, the sin nature and the devine nature, no human nature. There are two Adams, the first Adam, and the last Adam, and we are in one or the other, that needs to be looked at very closely. The scriptures are black and white, no gray areas. It is men that paint the gray areas of scripture for lack of knowledge, and profess we can only know in part. Oil and water, day and night, law and grace, all contrast each other. Ee need contrast for understanding, you cannot understand one without the other. God has meticulously given everything needed in the scriptures to understand his plan and purpose from before the foundation of the world, that is where the peace and all fruit will come from seeing his plan and purpose is all in Christ in you. When a believer says we just can't understand the scriptures, we see through a glass darkly, what they are saying is "I'm still searching for the things of God." Everything that is written is written for the understanding of the believer, there comes a time when they will have to accept what is written or choose their own understanding over the scripture that has been revealed now by the HolySpirit.

Last edited:

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ummmm, owning a Bible and READING it are two very different things . . .

Acts 2:38
Peter replied, “Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.

Christ's blood WAS shed so that we could be Baptized and forgiven.
your beyond help

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
no thanks i have my bible
Hello @Ezra,
You misunderstand my reason for sending you a link. It is not a link to anything other than a thread on this forum created for you to discuss the subject of water baptism that you are engaged in with @Breadof Life, thereby not derailing this one.
I have no reason to seek to influence you by introducing you to online teaching on this subject. As you say, you have your Bible.

In Christ Jesus
Chris

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

For ye are dead,

Praise God - Praise His Holy Name!

You know what helped me to identify with Christ was first; a revelation of the indwelling Christ, but that is really a beginning of being taught, but it leads to knowing and learning the scriptures. Learning there is only two of everything, such as; lifes. There is the first life we had which was a death life, reguardless it was a life. Second there is a Christ life. If you read the scripture close enough you will not find a human life of their own, humans have no life of there own. What we call human life is really one or the other mentioned. There are two natures, the sin nature and the devine nature, no human nature. There are two Adams, the first Adam, and the last Adam, and we are in one or the other, that needs to be looked at very closely. The scriptures are black and white, no gray areas. It is men that paint the gray areas of scripture for lack of knowledge, and profess we can only know in part. Oil and water, day and night, law and grace, all contrast each other. Ee need contrast for understanding, you cannot understand one without the other. God has meticulously given everything needed in the scriptures to understand his plan and purpose from before the foundation of the world, that is where the peace and all fruit will come from seeing his plan and purpose is all in Christ in you. When a believer says we just can't understand the scriptures, we see through a glass darkly, what they are saying is "I'm still searching for the things of God." Everything that is written is written for the understanding of the believer, there comes a time when they will have to accept what is written or choose their own understanding over the scripture that has been revealed now by the HolySpirit.
[/QUOTE]

'Being justified by faith, we have peace with God
Through our Lord Jesus Christ:
by Whom we have access also
into this grace wherein we stand,
and rejoice in hope of the glory of God.'

(Romans 5:1-2)

Hello @soul man,

Yes, Praise God! For He, through Christ Jesus, has brought us out of darkness into light, out from under the law of sin and death, into the law of the Spirit of life, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Praise His Holy Name!

In Christ Jesus
Chris

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America

'Being justified by faith, we have peace with God
Through our Lord Jesus Christ:
by Whom we have access also
into this grace wherein we stand,
and rejoice in hope of the glory of God.'

(Romans 5:1-2)

Hello @soul man,

Yes, Praise God! For He, through Christ Jesus, has brought us out of darkness into light, out from under the law of sin and death, into the law of the Spirit of life, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Praise His Holy Name!

In Christ Jesus
Chris[/QUOTE]
Great passage there from Romans 5! Justification was a key doctrine of the Reformation.

Not me

May 8, 2019
California, Ca.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John 14:6

You either get your identity from what you have done in life, or you get your identity from Christ in you. You either identify with all the things that made you a you, or you see through it to Christ now. Such as; Christ as the doer, so to speak, using your background, your training, your ways become his ways when nessarry. It is nolonger just a you you, it is now a you joined unto another new life that is shared life. Shared by the knowledge of the Christ in you you have. Simple way to look at it is, "it is nolonger you that lives, but Christ lives in you, yet you live Paul said but the life you now live is the life of another. So you nolonger have an old life to live is what he is saying, all you have is a new life. You can only think (mind issue) you have an old life to live.

They dont need corrected in their mess they need to hear hope, they are already living in misery and need a life-line. They need to know that thing that drives their sin and deep inhibitions is dead in Christ. The nature that caused all their pain and suffering is dead and gone, destroyed by Christ on the cross, never to be resurrected. They dont have to live for sins pleasure for a moment, that causes a lifetime of pain. They don't have to be addicted to every body pull imaginable, and therapists taking them back to relive it over and over again. There is hope for the vicious cycle of humanities debauchery. That hope comes one way and one way only, by the cross of Calvary and the delivering power of Jesus Christ to set a captive free. It comes by that one life that changed all life, Christ in you the hope of glory. No other way, nothing but the blood of Jesus.

“access by faith into the Grace wherein we stand”

Be blessed soulman as you grow and are established in this truth of our deaths in Christ and than Christ as our life. For seeing and being established in this truth is the doorway from carnality into spirituality. Done with all the speculation of the words of scripture. Now it becomes getting to know this one who has truly come to make His abode in you. Be most blessed as God continues to grow Himself in you.

A fellow sojourner in Christ, Not me

Ps, than it becomes;

“what is that to a dead man, I follow Christ”

Be most blessed in Him, Not me

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello @Ezra,
You misunderstand my reason for sending you a link. It is not a link to anything other than a thread on this forum created for you to discuss the subject of water baptism that you are engaged in with @Breadof Life, thereby not derailing this one.
I have no reason to seek to influence you by introducing you to online teaching on this subject. As you say, you have your Bible.

In Christ Jesus
Chris
no thank you nothing else to discuss