The idiot box

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The exercise of this thread was to correlate specific verses of the Bible to the TV programs.
HaHa! the thread police is in full force...EVERYONE watch your p's and q's and make sure to buckle your seat belts! :)

Reactions: bbyrd009

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
The exercise of this thread was to correlate specific verses of the Bible to the TV programs.
20To the Jews I became like a Jew, to win Jews; to those under the law, like one under the law — though I myself am not under the lawt — to win those under the law.u
21To those who are without that law,v like one without the law — not being without God’s law but within Christ’s law — to win those without the law.
22To the weak I became weak, in order to win the weak. I have become all things to all people, so that I may by every possible means save some.

early South Park, Boondocks, Futurama, Rick and Morty, some Drew, 3rd Rock, et al
anything illuminating human nature, foibles, etc

now don't get me wrong i dislike many of these bc they do not speak my language, but that does not matter to those whose language they speak i guess

djstav

Sep 9, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Australia
HaHa! the thread police is in full force...EVERYONE watch your p's and q's and make sure to buckle your seat belts! :)
No not at all, I just don't want this thread to digress into controversy.

Reality TV Show's:

2 Corinthians 12:20 KJV
For I fear, lest, when I come, I shall not find you such as I would, and that I shall be found unto you such as ye would not: lest there be debates, envyings, wraths, strifes, backbitings, whisperings, swellings, tumults:

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You can't really choose what you watch while it's all selected for you, especially the TV advertising thats directed to make you buy buy buy.

An old friend once said this about television.

"Tv is a reflection of societies sickness"
When I have ours in the "on" position I try to be selective but so many of the commercials to my way of thinking should be X rated but the only way to avoid them completely might be by following the example of our friend @Dave L . On the other hand the devices themselves are not inherently evil are they. We are communicating on them now.

djstav

Sep 9, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Australia
Ok you wanted me to point out a post, well this one will do.

I don't understand the concept your trying to present, you abbreviate because which I have to work out to my own effort. Then after that I can't understand the point your making, it's as if you're for and against your own judgment.

djstav

Sep 9, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Australia
When I have ours in the "on" position I try to be selective but so many of the commercials to my way of thinking should be X rated but the only way to avoid them completely might be by following the example of our friend @Dave L . On the other hand the devices themselves are not inherently evil are they. We are communicating on them now.
I never said TV is evil, what they put on it is.

djstav

Sep 9, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Australia
I'm listing to SoundCloud at this moment and a ad just came on.

The presenter is advertising a new car, he says if I buy it I will feel good about it.

djstav

Sep 9, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Australia
Fashion programs:

1 Peter 3:3 KJV
Whose adorning let it not be that outward adorning of plaiting the hair, and of wearing of gold, or of putting on of apparel;

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No not at all, I just don't want this thread to digress into controversy.

Reality TV Show's:

2 Corinthians 12:20 KJV
For I fear, lest, when I come, I shall not find you such as I would, and that I shall be found unto you such as ye would not: lest there be debates, envyings, wraths, strifes, backbitings, whisperings, swellings, tumults:
:D I understood what you were getting at....I just didn't want it to end so.....solemn.

djstav

Sep 9, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Australia
South park
Family Guy
American Dad
& like type TV show's:

Ephesians 5:4 KJV
Neither filthiness, nor foolish talking, nor jesting, which are not convenient: but rather giving of thanks.

Reactions: Heart2Soul

djstav

Sep 9, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Australia
South park
Family Guy
American Dad
& like type TV show's:

Ephesians 5:4 KJV
Neither filthiness, nor foolish talking, nor jesting, which are not convenient: but rather giving of thanks.
I think bbdr 007 Mr bond will be stewing in his own juices about now, if I could actually understand his posts. But I do like him, he's very original.