The idiot box

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Another "anything to discredit" God and His people thread. :(

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
I'm only aiming at TV here nothing else, although there are plenty of other thing's that are sinful TV has to be up there. I wouldn't sit my child infront of the TV these day's. I'm talking about TV at this present time, it will only get worse.
i wouldn't ever sit a kid in front of a tv unsupervised, i agree, but it will only get better too, see, the choice is in the choice imo. Most tv is crap, yes, just like most of pretty much anything i guess. Dwell in the remnant imo. Great sermons on tv too right

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Turn on your TV and flip through the channel's. Notice that each channel is based on a invention of the sinfulness of man.
Television is one of Satan's primary tools to sow his lies and also encourage sin. While it can also be used for propagating the true Gospel, the preachers using TV are frequently misleading people with the Prosperity Gospel or also false ideas.

djstav

Sep 9, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Australia
i wouldn't ever sit a kid in front of a tv unsupervised, i agree, but it will only get better too, see, the choice is in the choice imo. Most tv is crap, yes, just like most of pretty much anything i guess. Dwell in the remnant imo. Great sermons on tv too right
In the end it's all a lie, no one is good, not one.

djstav

Sep 9, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Australia
Television is one of Satan's primary tools to sow his lies and also encourage sin. While it can also be used for propagating the true Gospel, the preachers using TV are frequently misleading people with the Prosperity Gospel or also false ideas.
The eye has not seen enough, nor the ear heard enough.

djstav

Sep 9, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Australia
In the end it all comes down to what we are all willing to give up and let go, and you can't take your television with you when you leave.

Better to leave this earth with less attachments than more.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Ok, right, I don't understand what we are talking about now.
i had a diff Psalm in mind, sorry, but even here we might see that a dramatization is being made, as the righteous are referenced in many other passages, surely Moses or say Melchizedek or Noah are not being referred to in this Psalm iow

Last edited:

djstav

Sep 9, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Australia
there is a "they" that is being referenced, that is a subset of the world, not the whole world, in fact the nation that is supposed to be separate from the world is the they! brb
Talk plainly brother, you speak in riddles.

djstav

Sep 9, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Australia
i edited the post, reload if you would ty
bbyrd009 you seem to write in your own coded language & it's difficult to understand what you are saying most of the time. I'd like to understand what you are actually saying, so go and think about how your communicating.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
bbyrd009 you seem to write in your own coded language & it's difficult to understand what you are saying most of the time. I'd like to understand what you are actually saying, so go and think about how your communicating.
no prob, if you will post an example ty