The Insanity of the "right" to have guns!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Pride is strong in him, not righteous but self-righteness. :(

We need to pray that he lightens up, while he still can (as the Eagles say). ;)

I am passionate for what the Word of God says. You need to make your biblical case that believers can insult other believers and if they don’t accept such insults (as a part of just having fun), then they need to lighten up.

Now, the ball is back in your court.

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus was making changes to the Old Law in preparation to the change of the New Covenant that went officially into effect with His death:

Biblical proof?

Jesus clearly was making changes to the Law (even before the cross):
(Which means He was not teaching primarily Old Covenant, but New Covenant):

The Old Way says:

"Ye have heard that it hath been said, An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth"
(Matthew 5:38 cf. Exodus 21:23-25).

The New Way (by Jesus) says:

"But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also." (Matthew 5:39).

The Old Way says:

"Ye have heard that it was said by them of old time, Thou shalt not kill; and whosoever shall kill shall be in danger of the judgment" (Matthew 5:21 cf. Numbers 35:30-32).

"But I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire." (Matthew 5:22).

The Old Way says:

"Again, ye have heard that it hath been said by them of old time, Thou shalt not forswear thyself, but shalt perform unto the Lord thine oaths:" (Matthew 5:34 cf. Numbers 30:1-2, Deuteronomy 23:21).

34 "But I say unto you, Swear not at all; neither by heaven; for it is God's throne:
35 Nor by the earth; for it is his footstool: neither by Jerusalem; for it is the city of the great King.
36 Neither shalt thou swear by thy head, because thou canst not make one hair white or black.
37 But let your communication be, Yea, yea; Nay, nay: for whatsoever is more than these cometh of evil." (Matthew 5:34-37).

The Old Way says:

"And of thy mercy cut off mine enemies, and destroy all them that afflict my soul: for I am thy servant." (Psalms 143:12).

"And the city shall be accursed, even it, and all that are therein, to the LORD: only Rahab the harlot shall live, she and all that are with her in the house, because she hid the messengers that we sent." (Joshua 6:17).

"And they utterly destroyed all that was in the city, both man and woman, young and old, and ox, and sheep, and ass, with the edge of the sword." (Joshua 6:21).

16 "But of the cities of these people, which the LORD thy God doth give thee for an inheritance, thou shalt save alive nothing that breatheth:
17 But thou shalt utterly destroy them; namely, the Hittites, and the Amorites, the Canaanites, and the Perizzites, the Hivites, and the Jebusites; as the LORD thy God hath commanded thee" (Deuteronomy 20:16-17).

"They did not destroy the nations, concerning whom the LORD commanded them" (Psalms 106:34).

"But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;" (Matthew 5:44).

Note: Yes, I am aware that the Old Way (Old Testament) also teaches to love one's enemies (Exodus 23:4-5) (Proverbs 25:21), but this was in context to their own Israelite people, and not pagan nations. Pagan nations were to be destroyed when God commanded the Israelites to destroy them. But Jesus taught a radically different way. Love your enemies, and do good to them that hate you, and to pray for those who persecute you.

The Old Way says:

20 "But if this thing be true, and the tokens of virginity be not found for the damsel:
21 Then they shall bring out the damsel to the door of her father's house, and the men of her city shall stone her with stones that she die: because she hath wrought folly in Israel, to play the whore in her father's house: so shalt thou put evil away from among you.
22 If a man be found lying with a woman married to an husband, then they shall both of them die, both the man that lay with the woman, and the woman: so shalt thou put away evil from Israel." (Deuteronomy 22:20-22).

4 "They say unto him, Master, this woman was taken in adultery, in the very act.
5 Now Moses in the law commanded us, that such should be stoned: but what sayest thou?" (John 8:4-5).

"He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her. " (John 8:7).

Even after the cross, there were changes being made:

The Old Covenant says this about circumcision:

"And the uncircumcised man child whose flesh of his foreskin is not circumcised, that soul shall be cut off from his people; he hath broken my covenant." (Genesis 17:14).

Yet, the New Covenant says this about circumcision:

"Behold, I Paul say unto you, that if ye be circumcised, Christ shall profit you nothing." (Galatians 5:2).

The Old Covenant says this about the Sabbath:

32 "And while the children of Israel were in the wilderness, they found a man that gathered sticks upon the sabbath day.
33 And they that found him gathering sticks brought him unto Moses and Aaron, and unto all the congregation.
34 And they put him in ward, because it was not declared what should be done to him.
35 And the Lord said unto Moses, The man shall be surely put to death: all the congregation shall stone him with stones without the camp.
36 And all the congregation brought him without the camp, and stoned him with stones, and he died; as the Lord commanded Moses." (Numbers 15:32-36).

Yet, the New Covenant says this about the Sabbath:

"Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days:" (Colossians 2:16).

So it appears things have changed.

This makes sense because again, Hebrews 7:12 says the Law has changed.

"For the priesthood being changed, there is made of necessity a change also of the law."
(Hebrews 7:12).

“For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ.”
(John 1:17).

Jesus said,
“Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil." (Matthew 5:17).
You're just copy-and-paste parroting the dispensationalist party line. There is only one Gospel—one Covenant that saves: The Everlasting One.
Righteousness has always been by faith in a crucified and risen Redeemer.

Heb 10:1-7 KJV 1 For the law having a shadow of good things to come, and not the very image of the things, can never with those sacrifices which they offered year by year continually make the comers thereunto perfect. 2 For then would they not have ceased to be offered? because that the worshippers once purged should have had no more conscience of sins. 3 But in those sacrifices there is a remembrance again made of sins every year. 4 For it is not possible that the blood of bulls and of goats should take away sins. 5 Wherefore when He cometh into the world, He saith, Sacrifice and offering thou wouldest not, but a body hast thou prepared Me: 6 In burnt offerings and sacrifices for sin thou hast had no pleasure. 7 Then said I, Lo, I come (in the volume of the book it is written of Me,) to do thy will, O God.

Rev 14:6 KJV And I saw another angel fly in the midst of heaven, having the Everlasting Gospel
to preach unto them that dwell on the earth, and to every nation, and kindred, and tongue, and people

Reactions: Brakelite

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
See how that works?

Amazing, isn't it? Just like Peter said:

2Pe 3:16 KJV As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction.
So, since I don't have to build an ark, sacrifice my only son, bake some bread with human excrement to fuel the fire, punch a hole through my slave's ear, run over to Ninevah to let them know they've got 40 days before they're overthrown, and lay on my left side for 390 days, then on my right side for 40 days, it stands to reason that I should just jettison the moral code for human beings etched by their Creator on tablets of stone with His own finger amidst thunderings and lightnings, because God and... God disagree on law content, because the new and improved God says less is more when it comes to instruction for new converts to learn how to conduct themselves. It's an absolute stroke of genius!

Thing is, it was dark outside when I was born, but it wasn't last night.

What's interesting to me is that it's always the 4th commandment that falls victim to all of the myriads of interpretations of antinomianism. It's demonic madness. The devil hates the Sabbath because it's a constant reminder/memorial of what keeps his fantasy from coming true. He can lie and murder to get people to follow him while the curtain is closed, but when all is revealed, he is seen as a wannabe god who can't CREATE anything or give life to a single atom. And the counterfeit Sunday sabbath is genius because it builds right into the modern culture and economy a great wall of inconvenience for those who have to choose whether to obey God or obey Him not.

Or did God really goof and put a ceremonial, disposable law amidst 9 other real laws? :oops:

I'm thinkin' not.

Or is the 4th commandment fulfilled 24/7 in the rest of grace.

So is it ok to shoot and kill people physically without passion as long as we don't hate our brother without cause?

By the way, you fired the first half-dozen or so (anti-Adventist) shots. I was gonna leave you alone.

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
2 Samuel 17:2. From Don’t Take Yourself So Seriously
When Ahithophel saw that his advice had not been followed, he saddled his donkey and set out for his house in his hometown. He put his house in order and then hanged himself. So he died and was buried in his father’s tomb. 2 Samuel 17:23

Don’t take yourself so seriously, but take the Lord very seriously. It is tempting to have an inflated regard of our own views. We think our opinions are extra special. We expect everyone to believe that what we think is most important, or even preferred. What started out as humble recommendations for others to consider grew into mandates, from our point of view.

Unfortunately, this type of conditional counsel and authoritative advice is driven by pride. The gift of discernment and wisdom is a great stewardship that requires a spirit of humility and graciousness. Otherwise, no one will be able to hear our insights over the roar of our arrogance. God does not need more self-appointed gurus; He desires humble servants who will submit to Him as vessels of truth.

We set ourselves up for rejection and unreasonable expectations if we rely on the affirmation of others for our validation. If we are not careful, we tie our value to the degree to which our views are accepted. Acceptance becomes a barometer for our self-worth. This is dangerous because our views, of course, are flawed. We are ever growing in our understanding and learning of God’s expansive truths.

If we are teachable and maturing, our views from the past will become more accurate in the present. For example, we will probably be less judgmental, and more motivated by mercy. We will most likely take ourselves less seriously, and God more seriously. And as we grow in grace, our words will build up more than tear down. Patience will become preeminent, and our inflated views will deflate, as we depend more on God.

Healthy perspectives are born out of dependence on God. Your belief about God determines the way you approach life. If you get this right, everything else comes into alignment. An open mind traps truth. When you are convinced of a principle, clamp down on it with conviction. It is wise to be close-minded around your convictions, just make sure it is a conviction from God, and not just a personal preference. One truth you can depend on is that God is engaged in everyday life. The Almighty is not absent, but is alive and well.

Therefore, seek to lead others in seeing a grander view of God. Keep Christ the centerpiece of your counsel. Make the Lord the beginning and the end of your advice. If you lead people to be accountable to God, you are wise. If they ignore this insight, they miss their Master’s best. His view is the most valuable, so steer them toward the Almighty’s perspective.

The Bible says, “The way of a fool seems right to him, but a wise man listens to advice” (Proverbs 12:15).

Prayer

Heavenly Father, help me take myself less seriously and You more seriously, in Jesus’ name, amen.

Application

What idea or advice of mine do I need to let go of and trust the Holy Spirit is at work around me?
I somehow missed this. Great stuff! Utterly edifying!

Reactions: Lambano

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Yet, the New Covenant says this about the Sabbath:
KJV Acts 13:42, 44
42 And when the Jews were gone out of the synagogue, the Gentiles besought that these words might be preached to them next Sunday. Sabbath.
44 And next Sunday Sabbath came almost the whole city together to hear the word of God.

Reactions: BarneyFife

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You're just copy-and-paste parroting the dispensationalist party line. There is only one Gospel—one Covenant that saves: The Everlasting One.
Righteousness has always been by faith in a crucified and risen Redeemer.

Heb 10:1-7 KJV 1 For the law having a shadow of good things to come, and not the very image of the things, can never with those sacrifices which they offered year by year continually make the comers thereunto perfect. 2 For then would they not have ceased to be offered? because that the worshippers once purged should have had no more conscience of sins. 3 But in those sacrifices there is a remembrance again made of sins every year. 4 For it is not possible that the blood of bulls and of goats should take away sins. 5 Wherefore when He cometh into the world, He saith, Sacrifice and offering thou wouldest not, but a body hast thou prepared Me: 6 In burnt offerings and sacrifices for sin thou hast had no pleasure. 7 Then said I, Lo, I come (in the volume of the book it is written of Me,) to do thy will, O God.

full

Source:
Hebrews 10 BSB

Notice who is speaking here? It is Jesus Christ. Jesus came to do the will of God the Father. So when we read: “the volume of the book it is written of Me,) to do thy will, O God,” this is in reference to Jesus saying these words and not us. Jesus was fulfilling the Old Law for us.

Christ nailed to the cross those ordinances that were against us (Colossians 2:14).
But the SDA Christian does not think that the Saturday Sabbath is not included in the word “sabbaths” in Colossians 2:16.
They don’t think that is included even when in Leviticus 23 we read about the weekly sabbath, and then the holy days, and then in Leviticus 25 we read about the yearly sabbath.

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Rev 14:6 KJV And I saw another angel fly in the midst of heaven, having the Everlasting Gospel to preach unto them that dwell on the earth, and to every nation, and kindred, and tongue, and people
I believe there is only one gospel.
I believe the gospel is 1 Corinthians 15:1-4.

1st Corinthians 15:1-4

1 “Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;
2 By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.
3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;
4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:”

Some believe there is more than one gospel, and others believe there are different aspects of the gospel message. For example: Some believe Revelation 14:6-7 is but one piece of the puzzle that makes up the whole picture of the gospel message.

I did a search at BlueLetterBible.org on the keyword “gospel” and looked at every occurrence in Scripture every time it appeared. According to my study: I found that at first glance it may appear to look like the gospel may be different in scope or meaning when reading different parts of Scripture, but this is not the case. The gospel is always 1 Corinthians 15:1-4. So the gospel is believing that Jesus died for our sins, He was buried, and He was risen three days later on our behalf for salvation.

Now, some may immediately protest and throw down Galatians 3:8 that says, “And the scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the heathen through faith, preached before the gospel unto Abraham, saying, In thee shall all nations be blessed.” However, how are all the nations of the Earth blessed? By the death, burial, and resurrection of Jesus Christ. Christ died for not only the Jew, but He died for the Gentile. Jesus will one day resurrect bodily those people in all nations after the likeness of His resurrection. So all the nations of the Earth would be blessed by this good news (i.e. by their believing that Christ died for their sins, He was buried, and He was risen 3 days later for their salvation). That is how all nations of the Earth will be truly blessed because they will live again (by the power of the resurrection), and be with the Lord for all eternity in His Kingdom. Abraham’s descendants will be like the stars of the sky because of the resurrection. Now, that truly is a blessing unto all nations indeed, and it is only possibly by what Christ has done for us.

Some may also protest that the gospel is not just 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 by bringing up Romans 2:16.

“In the day when God shall judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ according to my gospel.” (Romans 2:16).

So is the judging of the secrets of men by Jesus Christ a part of the gospel message? I don’t believe so. The English word “accordance” can mean “agreement” or “harmony.”

Accordance | Definition of Accordance by Webster's Online Dictionary

In other words, Jesus will judge the secrets of men that is in agreement with the gospel message given by Paul. So men’s secrets will be judged by Jesus by their rejection of the gospel.

So Romans 2:16 is saying that Jesus will judge the secrets of men that is in agreement or harmony with Paul’s gospel (He received from God).

(Continued in next post):

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Qoheleth

I would say that the two most challenging or unclear pieces of Scripture on the gospel is:

#1. Matthew 24:13-14, and
#2. Revelation 14:6-7.

Matthew 24:13-14
13 “But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.
14 And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.”

Revelation 14:6-7
6 “And I saw another angel fly in the midst of heaven, having the everlasting gospel to preach unto them that dwell on the earth, and to every nation, and kindred, and tongue, and people,
7 Saying with a loud voice, Fear God, and give glory to him; for the hour of his judgment is come: and worship him that made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and the fountains of waters.”

Again, Paul said the gospel is this:

1 Corinthians 15:1-4
1 “Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;
2 By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.
3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;
4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:”

Paul says that even if themselves or an angel preach another gospel, let them be accursed.

Galatians 1:6-9
6 “I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel:
7 Which is not another; but there be some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ.
8 But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.
9 As we said before, so say I now again, If any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.”

If you were to notice, this gospel in Galatians 1 is grace centered. Verse 6 says that these Galatian believers were being removed from the grace of Christ unto another gospel. This was the gospel of circumcision (law) which is the opposite of grace.

So how do we reconcile passages like Matthew 24:13-14, and Revelation 14:6-7 with the gospel message revealed by Paul in 1 Corinthians 15:1-4?

Matthew 24:13-14 and Revelation 14:6-7 do not sound grace centered at first glance or with a quick surface reading.

Well, in Matthew 24:13-14, I currently believe the gospel (or good news) of “he that endures to the end shall be saved” is referring to Jesus or Christ in you (the hope of glory). Jesus transforms our life and helps us to endure to the end. So the gospel is at the heart is Jesus here. For Jesus said we can do nothing without Him (John 15:5). The gospel of Jesus being our Savior (with Him forgiving sins) is the proto-gospel or more basic primary gospel message preached before the cross (Before Paul revealed the more fuller gospel message in 1 Corinthians 15:1-4). We can only endure because Christ is our Savior.

In Revelation 14:6-7, there are two possibilities of understanding this passage.

One possibility is that the angel is simply given an introductory message before revealing the gospel message. In other words, the words in verse 7 is not the actual gospel message, but it is an intro before the angel preaches the gospel that we do not get to hear in Revelation.

A second possibility (of which I lean more towards) is that the angel is giving us a coded message of the good news package (which is all about God working in our life), and believing the glorious gospel message.

1. “Fear God” would be by the conviction of the Holy Spirit (John 16:8-9) and the drawing of Christ (John 12:32).
2. “Give glory to Him [God]” would be by believing the glorious gospel message which is all about Jesus Christ - who is the image of God (2 Corinthians 4:4). For we preach not ourselves, but Christ Jesus the Lord; (2 Corinthians 4:5).
3. “Worship Him [God]” is only possible by the grace of God. Jesus is the grace of God. Jesus is GOD, and so we worship (praise) Him, and His redemption. We praise Jesus and His redemptive work. We glory in Jesus the good news message of 1 Corinthians 15:1-4. Romans 11:36 says, “FOR OF HIM, AND THROUGH HIM, AND TO HIM, ARE ALL THINGS: TO WHOM BE GLORY FOR EVER. AMEN.
It is God’s purpose “that no flesh should glory in His presence,” but “he that glorieth, let him glory in the Lord” (1 Corinthians 1:29-31). Note: I am aware that worship can be done by the way we live for God. But in this case, I believe it is a form of praising the Lord Jesus Christ and His redemptive work.
We also fear GOD because Scripture warns that to obey not the gospel is fiery vengeance.

For 2 Thessalonians 1:8 says:
“In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ:”

Believing (or obeying) the gospel message in 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 also leads to further glory to God because it guides us to call upon the name of the Lord (seeking forgiveness over our sins with Jesus) for salvation saying “Lord Jesus” (See: Romans 10:12-13, and Romans 10:9). For every tongue will one day confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father (See: Philippians 2:11). We worship (praise) and glorify what the Lord did for us. We glorify and bow before Jesus in that He died for our sins, He was buried, and risen the third day. We stand in awe of our amazing God of grace (Jesus Christ) and His love or us. We praise Him, and sing to Him of His sacrifice.

So there is only one gospel and it has only one message as found in 1 Corinthians 15:1-4.

Side Note:

To see a deeper explanation (with more verses) on Matthew 24:13-14, see here.

For a further explanation on my alternate (or first) explanation on Revelation 14:6-7, see here.
For a further explanation on the gospel before the cross, see here.

Last edited:

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Amazing, isn't it? Just like Peter said:

2Pe 3:16 KJV As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction.
So, since I don't have to build an ark, sacrifice my only son, bake some bread with human excrement to fuel the fire, punch a hole through my slave's ear, run over to Ninevah to let them know they've got 40 days before they're overthrown, and lay on my left side for 390 days, then on my right side for 40 days, it stands to reason that I should just jettison the moral code for human beings etched by their Creator on tablets of stone with His own finger amidst thunderings and lightnings, because God and... God disagree on law content, because the new and improved God says less is more when it comes to instruction for new converts to learn how to conduct themselves. It's an absolute stroke of genius!

Thing is, it was dark outside when I was born, but it wasn't last night.

What's interesting to me is that it's always the 4th commandment that falls victim to all of the myriads of interpretations of antinomianism. It's demonic madness. The devil hates the Sabbath because it's a constant reminder/memorial of what keeps his fantasy from coming true. He can lie and murder to get people to follow him while the curtain is closed, but when all is revealed, he is seen as a wannabe god who can't CREATE anything or give life to a single atom. And the counterfeit Sunday sabbath is genius because it builds right into the modern culture and economy a great wall of inconvenience for those who have to choose whether to obey God or obey Him not.

Or did God really goof and put a ceremonial, disposable law amidst 9 other real laws? :oops:

I'm thinkin' not.

Or is the 4th commandment fulfilled 24/7 in the rest of grace.

So is it ok to shoot and kill people physically without passion as long as we don't hate our brother without cause?

By the way, you fired the first half-dozen or so (anti-Adventist) shots. I was gonna leave you alone.

Remember that conversation before about how I encountered other SDA’s who could not stop talking about the Sabbath? Seems like you are joining them. But it’s not about the Sabbath anymore. That is just a shadow or picture pointing forward to Jesus Christ who is the real Sabbath rest, my friend. Anyways, I am not interested in endlessly debating the Law with you. See Titus 3:9.

Last edited:

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Anyways, I am not interested in endlessly debating the Law with you.
You may not be interested in debating, and I certainly am not, either, especially not here, but you sure are itchin' to endlessly holler about it.

You brought up Desmond Doss as a conscientious objector to decorate your "non-violence" position, but you couldn't do it without slamming him for being a Sabbatarian Christian and how imperfect and wrong that is to you while claiming you didn't want to hear/talk about it as you continued to talk about it. Then you had a row with @Wrangler about it until I couldn't take your hypocrisy anymore and had to speak up against your hate for God's government.

And for my:

Single, 2113 character, 388-word post (1/5 of the forum post limit), only half of which concerned the 4th commandment, in which I used the word "Sabbath" only twice, and referred only once to the actual 7th-day Sabbath by name...

I got:

3 (probably half copied-and-pasted) posts with 10,098 characters, 1854 words, and a giant image of a Biblehub.com weirdly inexplicable proof text page. (The word "Christ" isn't in the original text, and I never claimed it wasn't Him, anyway ¿¿¿¿¿¿¿)

Screenshot-20220520-222420.png

(Notice the clear past tense in the "You have not desired" phrase in 4 out of the 5 literal translations—by quoting Hebrews 10:5, I was only presenting evidence that the old covenant was never meant to be a functional plan of redemption)

This isn't even counting all of the rantings to Wrangler and me earlier on in the thread.

SO DON'T BLAME ME IF YOU CAN'T HANDLE EVEN A THOUGHT IN PASSING ABOUT THE 4TH COMMANDMENT (DOSS) WITHOUT BEING TRIGGERED!!!

Reactions: Wrangler

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You brought up Desmond Doss as a conscientious objector to decorate your "non-violence" position, but you couldn't do it without slamming him for being a Sabbatarian Christian
He did that? Boy, did I ever come into this thread too late. I had no interest in debating or even discussing gun control. But hey, I'm a Seventh Day Adventist. And I always wanna talk about the Sabbath;) and Desmond, well, he's a hero on every level. His faith and practice (not his view on guns) being the pinnacle and foundation of his conscientious objecting.

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A tenacious insistence that the Gospel is supremely expressed in 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 is, in a word, absurd.

Especially when it takes 10,000 convoluted and contrived other words to explain that insistence.

The Gospel is simple—I learned it when I was 8 years old from my Southern Baptist great-grandmother:

Romans 5:8 KJV: But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

The Gospel can be described by many single verses or even a single word:

JESUS

It can also be described by 3/4 million words which, evidently, is God's plan for today.

John 5:39 KJV: Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.

Matthew 4:4 KJV: But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.

Last edited:

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He did that? Boy, did I ever come into this thread too late. I had no interest in debating or even discussing gun control. But hey, I'm a Seventh Day Adventist. And I always wanna talk about the Sabbath;) and Desmond, well, he's a hero on every level. His faith and practice (not his view on guns) being the pinnacle and foundation of his conscientious objecting.
It's pretty pathetic:

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Yes, I am in 100% full agreement that, and I am willing to follow my Lord into physical battle at His Second Coming to bring justice to those who are in disobedience to GOD when our obedience is fulfilled in this life.

2 Corinthians 10:6
“And having in a readiness to revenge all disobedience, when your obedience is fulfilled.”

In other words, the saints who follow Jesus at His second coming into battle are disembodied saints who lived out their faith already.
LOL.
He did hold to the error of the SDA Church in that says we must keep all of the 613 Old Testament Law of Moses
No, he didn't.
It’s trying to be justified by the Law of Moses
No, it isn't.
Paul warns that if one seeks to be justified by the Law, they have fallen from grace
Yes, he did.

Status
Not open for further replies.