The Insanity of the "right" to have guns!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Did stephen defend himself . NOPE . He even said LORD FORGIVE THEM THIS SIN .
GOD decides when i die . Not man . IN other words if my time is not up an entire army could come agaisnst me
and still i would find a way of escape . GOD will not allow men to take my life , UNTIL , UNTIL HE has decided
its time for me to come home . MANY of us will die , but fear that not . Many of us will suffer , but worry not .
FOR GOD IS WITH THE LAMBS . And whatever HE allows to come against US , HE WORKS it for the good of the lambs .
EVEN our faith will grow . AND as i said , WHEN my time is up , HE TAKES ME HOME to be FOREVER WITH HIM .
WHICH I MIGHT ADD Is FAR , FAR BETTER THAN HERE ON THIS OL EARTH .
BUT whether i live till HE COMES or whether i die before hand , ITS LET THE WILL OF GOD BE DONE
and may souls be won and i pray even for those who would or will harm me or kill me . May they be forgiven
and i pray a blessing upon them . AND THAT blessing is this , MAY THEY COME TO THE SAVING KNOWLEDGE of CHRIST
before they die or BEFORE HE DOES COME . cause its too late on that day .
And believe me , IF GOD sent grace to a man as wicked as i , HOW can i not pray for them to be saved in CHRIST as well .
AND if GOD sent grace to paul , WHO PUT christains to death , HOW can we not pray the same for our enemies too .
BUT if they reject CHRIST , THE LAKE OF FIRE AWAITS . SO lets get busy pointing to JESUS while there still be time to do so .
CAUSE in a day an a hour that no man knows , YET WE SEE APPROACHING , COMETH THE LORD . On that day
ITS TOO LATE . EITHER ONE KNEW HIM and will be forever with HIM , OR THEY GO UNDER WRATH .

The problem is that the gun carrying Christians think things are random in life and evil falls upon all people by the random throw of the dice outside of God’s will. They don’t believe Romans 8:28. Why? Perhaps they are not loving God to truly know? Maybe they are justifying sin and they don’t have an assurance that God is going to truly work all things for good in their life? I don’t know that answer. Only God does. But its strange,

They keep saying silly things like:
Yeah, but what if this bad thing happened to you?
Or this bad thing happened to you?”

I will say:
Nope.
All things (good and bad) work together for good to
those who love God. Romans 8:28
Read it.”

Now, I believe there is a kind of bad that happens to unbelievers or sinners that is different for a believer. Because not all things are working for good to those who don’t love God. That’s the scenario the gun carrying person is trying to paint. They are trying to make us as if we don’t love God and that all things don’t work together for good to those who love God. They don’t believe Romans 8:28, and Psalms 91:10-12 is really true. They don’t full accept the truth of these verses.

Reactions: Jim B

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
full

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Submission to Christ doesn't mean be a coward and never defend yourself or others. Win souls and pray for those who persecute you, yes.

Well, that's not what Jesus told Peter in the garden of Gethsemane!

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
that is exactly what this geneartion has done .
This is a war , with only TWO SIDES my friend .
Its not truly liberal verses conservative
nor democrat verses republican ,
Its simply DARKNESS verses light .
For even the fememinst movement , EVIL as it is , WONT SPEAK A WORD against the agenda of the greater darkness .
THEY say nothing about a biological male beating all those biological women at swimming .
FOR DARKNESS LOVETH DARKNESS and wont speak against the darkness .
SEE this was and is truly about ONE THING . THEY HATE GOD . THEY want their own MORALITY that sayeth I SHALL LIVE AS I DEEM FIT ,
AND NOT HOW GOD says too . THIS WAR is bigger than folks realize . IT is the world verses GOD , CHRIST
AND those who are TRULY OF HIM . THEY want to eradicate any reminder of GOD which pricks their conscious and exposes their evil .
THEY Want no conscious , no reminder of GOD . THEY want to simply live and do evil and have no sorrow doing it .

They, they, they. Blah, blah, blah. I'm putting you on ignore.

P.S. There is no such thing as the "fememinst movement".

Reactions: Waiting on him

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The problem is that the gun carrying Christians think things are random in life and evil falls upon all people by the random throw of the dice outside of God’s will. They don’t believe Romans 8:28. Why? Perhaps they are not loving God to truly know? Maybe they are justifying sin and they don’t have an assurance that God is going to truly work all things for good in their life? I don’t know that answer. Only God does. But its strange,

They keep saying silly things like:
Yeah, but what if this bad thing happened to you?
Or this bad thing happened to you?”

I will say:
Nope.
All things (good and bad) work together for good to
those who love God. Romans 8:28
Read it.”

Now, I believe there is a kind of bad that happens to unbelievers or sinners that is different for a believer. Because not all things are working for good to those who don’t love God. That’s the scenario the gun carrying person is trying to paint. They are trying to make us as if we don’t love God and that all things don’t work together for good to those who love God. They don’t believe Romans 8:28, and Psalms 91:10-12 is really true. They don’t full accept the truth of these verses.

Great post!

Reactions: Bible Highlighter

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think they should screen gun permits for paranoid people though. Paranoia kills. :D You could definitely catch some wacky conspiracy nuts that way too.
26c.png

Last edited:

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Did stephen defend himself . NOPE . He even said LORD FORGIVE THEM THIS SIN .
GOD decides when i die . Not man . IN other words if my time is not up an entire army could come agaisnst me
and still i would find a way of escape . GOD will not allow men to take my life , UNTIL , UNTIL HE has decided
its time for me to come home . MANY of us will die , but fear that not . Many of us will suffer , but worry not .
FOR GOD IS WITH THE LAMBS . And whatever HE allows to come against US , HE WORKS it for the good of the lambs .
EVEN our faith will grow . AND as i said , WHEN my time is up , HE TAKES ME HOME to be FOREVER WITH HIM .
WHICH I MIGHT ADD Is FAR , FAR BETTER THAN HERE ON THIS OL EARTH .
BUT whether i live till HE COMES or whether i die before hand , ITS LET THE WILL OF GOD BE DONE
and may souls be won and i pray even for those who would or will harm me or kill me . May they be forgiven
and i pray a blessing upon them . AND THAT blessing is this , MAY THEY COME TO THE SAVING KNOWLEDGE of CHRIST
before they die or BEFORE HE DOES COME . cause its too late on that day .
And believe me , IF GOD sent grace to a man as wicked as i , HOW can i not pray for them to be saved in CHRIST as well .
AND if GOD sent grace to paul , WHO PUT christains to death , HOW can we not pray the same for our enemies too .
BUT if they reject CHRIST , THE LAKE OF FIRE AWAITS . SO lets get busy pointing to JESUS while there still be time to do so .
CAUSE in a day an a hour that no man knows , YET WE SEE APPROACHING , COMETH THE LORD . On that day
ITS TOO LATE . EITHER ONE KNEW HIM and will be forever with HIM , OR THEY GO UNDER WRATH .

Amen @amigo de christo !

I rarely read long posts but yours was excellent!

Reactions: amigo de christo

JohnPaul

Soldier of Jehovah and Christ
Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They, they, they. Blah, blah, blah. I'm putting you on ignore.

P.S. There is no such thing as the "fememinst movement".
You must be living under a rock to even think there is no feminist movement, it’s been around for a long time and more prevalent today than ever.

Last edited:

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You must be living under a rock to even think there is no feminist movement, it’s been around for a long time and more prevailing today than ever.

You wrote ""fememinst movement" and I correctly replied there is no such thing. I didn't say there is no feminist movement.

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To all:

This topic really comes down to believing Jesus and or the New Testament.
Are we going to run off and do our own thing? Or are we going to believe Jesus and His followers?
That’s how I deal with this topic. Even early church history and quotes of the early church fathers prove that they believed in Non-Violence.
When reading the New Testament: Violent Self Defense is totally absent. It doesn’t exist. No apostles picked up their swords and fought back at their enemies and actually killed them. Instead, we read of the teaching of Non-Violence by both Jesus and His followers. This should speak volumes in and of itself but I think people prefer to just think carnally or physically instead of going by what the New Testament says.

Folks will become hard pressed to find any verse or passage that clearly justifies Violence. It does not matter what moral story you bring up. What matters is obedience to the Lord Jesus Christ. That’s what matters. Can you in good conscience defend your belief in the New Testament? I don’t see how that is possible. Violent Self Defense does not exist in the New Testament.

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
See. This is why many keep saying silly things like:…. “But what if your family was faced with this guy with a gun and, he does this or that?”

What of it?

If the Lord Jesus taught me Non-Violence (of which I believe He clearly did), that is something I must accept. The import thing for me to do is to obey Jesus Christ. That’s more important to me than anything else.

We will all have to give an answer for what we do in this life. Did you trust your gun or did you trust God and Scripture? That’s why Scripture is rarely brought up in this topic as much. The gun carrying defender must focus more on things outside of the Bible (or their own thoughts) to prove what they believe is true. But our faith rests first in what God’s Word says and not in what we say or think. For our thoughts are not God’s thoughts.

Status
Not open for further replies.