The irreconcilable issue...

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

justaname

Disciple of Jesus Christ
Mar 14, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Purity said:
No, read his comments; his uncertaintity is spread throughout. Do I need to quote them agian?

No his doubt is evidenced in his inability to define the Lords nature as anything but a mystery! You and I know this answer is admission of error!~

God is Spirit
Jesus was Sins Flesh Rom 8:3

Its comprehenible to those who understand and that's the point - Morris admits confusion.

If this is true, words like "every respect" speaking to Jesus' nature being the exact same as yours shouldn't be hard for you to grasp. .

I need to ask this seriously - do you believe your nature is part divine and part sins flesh?

P.
The flesh is not sinful, Jesus who is/was without sin is now flesh and bone.

The Lord looked at all He had created and called it very good. There is nothing sinful in the flesh per say, it is the fallen nature we inherited from Adam and we ware born into a fallen world.

The divine Word took on flesh which by it's divine ordained nature is not sinful but good.

Purity

May 20, 2013
Melbourne
justaname said:

The Lord looked at all He had created and called it very good. There is nothing sinful in the flesh per say, it is the fallen nature we inherited from Adam and we ware born into a fallen world.

The divine Word took on flesh which by it's divine ordained nature is not sinful but good.
Part truth and part error - halfway to truth.

nothead

Apr 2, 2014
justaname said:

Or rather the flesh was corrupted since the Fall.

shturt678

Feb 9, 2013
South Point, Hawaii (Big Island)
Purity said:
No, read his comments; his uncertaintity is spread throughout. Do I need to quote them agian?

No his doubt is evidenced in his inability to define the Lords nature as anything but a mystery! You and I know this answer is admission of error!~

God is Spirit
Jesus was Sins Flesh Rom 8:3

Its comprehenible to those who understand and that's the point - Morris admits confusion.

If this is true, words like "every respect" speaking to Jesus' nature being the exact same as yours shouldn't be hard for you to grasp. .

I need to ask this seriously - do you believe your nature is part divine and part sins flesh?

P.
Thank you for caring!

Rom.8:3, "..his own Son in likeness of sin's flesh.." Lower paygrade kind of stuff. "in the likeness of flesh of sin" is simply one of those exact Scripture phrases which admit of no change. "The likeness fo flesh" would of course be Docetism, Christ wuld then be without real flesh; "the flesh of sin" would then be Ebionitism, Christ would then have had sinful flesh; but "likeness of flesh of sin" is gospel doctrine, Christ assumed our flesh but not its sinfulness. Paul has just used the term "flesh" (the law was weak through the flesh) in the sense of our corrupt nature; if he had continued in this strain and had written that God sent His Son "in the flesh," the sense would be that Christ appeared in our sinful nature.

Old lower paygrade Jack

Purity

May 20, 2013
Melbourne
Thank you for caring!

Rom.8:3, "..his own Son in likeness of sin's flesh.." Lower paygrade kind of stuff. "in the likeness of flesh of sin" is simply one of those exact Scripture phrases which admit of no change. "The likeness fo flesh" would of course be Docetism, Christ wuld then be without real flesh; "the flesh of sin" would then be Ebionitism, Christ would then have had sinful flesh; but "likeness of flesh of sin" is gospel doctrine, Christ assumed our flesh but not its sinfulness. Paul has just used the term "flesh" (the law was weak through the flesh) in the sense of our corrupt nature; if he had continued in this strain and had written that God sent His Son "in the flesh," the sense would be that Christ appeared in our sinful nature.

Old lower paygrade Jack
Likeness ...sameness one in the same. Gen 5:3 ;)

Floyd

Feb 28, 2014
JonD said:
Im out of here. This forum site is a total disgrace. The owner/moderators are failing badly in allowing so much heretical and false teachings to have such a free rein as they do. They are either sympathetic to demonic false teachers such as Purity and his friends and covertly support this ungodly teaching or are simply and absolutely failing, if they do not support them and believe otherwise, their duty in the word of God and their duty to young easily influenced new Christians. Seriously, it can only be one or the other.
Consider yourselves moderators/owners rebuked.
Delete my account.
I agree with you JonD!
I have wondered why they do not enforce the "Statement of Faith"; but are seeming to nitpick on less important subjects?
Allowing Purity, nothead and there ilk here, lowers the tone of the Board; and seems to imply their own questioning of the Godhead!
Floyd.

shturt678

Feb 9, 2013
South Point, Hawaii (Big Island)
Floyd said:
One of my best friends is a Lawyer!
Floyd.
Thank you folks for caring!

The power of any lawyer is in the uncertainty of the law, however we can be certain of the Godman Lord Jesus Christ who is a part of the Trinity where all three divine Persons are "co-equal," "co-eternal," & "co-substantial."

Thank our Lord, He came to dummies like me,

Old Jack

Purity

May 20, 2013
Melbourne
Thank you folks for caring!

The power of any lawyer is in the uncertainty of the law, however we can be certain of the Godman Lord Jesus Christ who is a part of the Trinity where all three divine Persons are "co-equal," "co-eternal," & "co-substantial."

Thank our Lord, He came to dummies like me,

Old Jack
Co-rupt teaching.

Floyd

Feb 28, 2014
Purity said:
In a Christian debate forum this response is considered a good old fashion tantrum from one who cannot provide any arguments to contend earnestly for his faith.

You my fellow believer are in a bad way.
You, are not the Lord's man; by your own admission you do not accept His Godhead; so, you cannot tell a true Christian what is; or is not!
I know you say you are a Christian; but your definition is not valid; so don't tell us what we should do or not!
You say you are not a JW; but as Randor said; " if it quacks" it is a Duck/JW.
JonD was very forbearing towards you; but he is right; you teach falsehood under the guise of Truth; your destination is as the false shepherds of Israel!
The Moderators here are not holding to the "Statement of Faith"; which all participants are told to acknowledge. So you and yours are either slipped under the radar; or something else is going on here.
I notice with interest their complete silence when you and others deny Christ?

You also have not answered my points/questions on your own teachings, viz:

Purity, on 24 May 2014 - 01:04 AM, said:
Purity said:
If only you had 39 books to support your notions but you haven't one.
I only need one; The Bible!

It states clearly that God is Father, Son, and Holy Spirit; which is where your apostasy is!
Watching your weasel words is like reading Gen..and Satan's words to Eve; "surely thou shalt not die"!
Ahh. but of course; you don't believe in Satan do you?
That means he never tempted Eve!
That means in your "theology" God introduced temptation and evil!???
That of course would not hold water! So where now your theology?

You say you "praise God regularly"; that means (if you tell the truth), that you "worship in spirit and in truth ( Jhn.4:23-24), unless the "one" you worship, is one of those that Jesus warned would be evident (false Christ's).
You said in an earlier post that you treat the Holy Spirit in the same way as Christ Jesus; ie deny their Deity!
In that case; you cannot "worship in spirit and in truth"; as "God is Spirit"!???

Floyd.