the Israel of God

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Joe Domingo

Apr 18, 2013
Galatians 6:16
"And as many as walk according to this rule, peace and mercy be upon them, and upon the Israel of God."

Friends, as we near the second coming of Jesus Christ, we must become a united body of believers.

See Ephesians 4:13
"Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ:"

Friends, we can only unite under God's rules and God's name for his people. He has called his people Israel. These are the children of Abraham. The one thing to understand is that Israel has always been and continues to be spiritual. In these latter times we ought to be embracing the identity that the Apostle Paul received from the Lord. Paul mentions the phrase in Galatians 6:16. Paul called the body of Christ "the Israel of God". This is not a concept. It is a reality.

And now is the time for all of us to embrace the name God has given us.

If anybody wishes to discuss please post, I am open to providing scriptures and any insight the Lord has given me.

If you search the internet - you will find many videos and write ups from many people who are receiving this revival message from the Lord.

May the peace of our Lord rest upon you after reading this topic.

Joe Domingo

John S

Jun 4, 2013
Pennsylvania
Joe - Welcome to the site.
Israel is NOT spiritual. It is alive today. When the Tribes of Israel were exiled from their homeland by the Assyrians, their descendants eventually made their way west into Europe and then into the Western Hemisphere and elsewhere. The ONLY Tribe that would maintain its identity would be the Tribe of Judah - the Jews (Genesis 49). EVERYONE else would lose their Israelite identities.
Joseph's Tribes would become extremely powerful nations, never conquered - like the U.S. and Great Britain and her "children" - Canada, Australia, New Zealand, etc.
Zabulon would become sea-faring explorers - Spain, Portugal and the "children" - Central and South America and elsewhere.
Dan, from which the AC will come, is Italy.
Reuben, who will NEVER be first, might be Ireland.

Of course, you will disagree with me - but that's O.K.

Niki

May 28, 2013
uh no. Israel is a real live country with real live people. The church age is what will actually end....Gentiles are simply grafted in because
of God's whosoever will.

If you search the internet - you will find many videos and write ups from many people who are receiving this revival message from the Lord.

If I search the Bible, I will find the opposite of this false teaching.

I know you probably mean well, but Israel is Israel...the olive tree...Gentiles are grafted in and we are living in the age of the Church but that will end one day.

Abraham was a real live person and God made promises to Him that have yet to be fulfilled...God's promises to Israel are not now given over to the Gentiles.
The Church is understood to be a "Spiritual Israel," so that many things said in connection with Israel in Scripture are applied to the Church. For instance, the words of Psalm 122, "Pray for the peace of Jerusalem: they shall prosper that love thee," are understood as in Matthew Henry's commentary: "The peace and welfare of the gospel church ... is to be earnestly desired and prayed for." This is in keeping with the method of the apostles, as for instance in Galatians 4:26, where the apostle Paul speaks of "the Jerusalem that is above." Therefore when Paul speaks of "the Israel of God" in 6:16, the meaning of this expression is readily grasped. Rather than seeing a contrast, a deeply meaningful typological relationship is perceived.

Understanding that we are one in Christ does not mean that physical Israel is now no longer in existance

What you are stating here, is called replacement theology...and it is not an accurate portrayal of what scripture teaches.

Paul also states this:

A tragic misinterpretation (and misapplication) is to use this verse as justification for the hypothesis that since the majority of Jews rejected the Messiah and His gospel, God has instituted a new program in which the New Testament Church, the body of Christ, has replaced Israel and inherited the promises He originally intended to bestow on Israel. This genre of of teaching is often referred to asreplacement theology. In contexthttp://www.preceptaustin.org/observation.htm#ESTABLISH THE CONTEXT Paul is not suggesting by using the term the Israel of God that the church has replaced Israel, for in Romans 11 he declares...

I say then, God has not rejected His people, has He? May it never be! For I too am an Israelite, a descendant of Abraham, of the tribe of Benjamin. (Ro 11:1-note)

Article here

You cannot make a doctrine out of one passage of scripture while ignoring what other things the same Apostle had to say about the matter.

Rex

Oct 17, 2012
Kingman AZ
Niki said:
I know you probably mean well, but Israel is Israel...the olive tree...Gentiles are grafted in and we are living in the age of the Church but that will end one day.

Abraham was a real live person and God made promises to Him that have yet to be fulfilled...God's promises to Israel are not now given over to the Gentiles.
Apparently Paul disagreed, Paul clearly says that the promise to Abraham included the Gentiles.

Gal 3
3 O foolish Galatians! Who has bewitched you that you should not obey the truth,[a] before whose eyes Jesus Christ was clearly portrayed among you[b] as crucified? 2 This only I want to learn from you: Did you receive the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith? 3 Are you so foolish? Having begun in the Spirit, are you now being made perfect by the flesh? 4 Have you suffered so many things in vain—if indeed it was in vain?
5 Therefore He who supplies the Spirit to you and works miracles among you, does He do it by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?— 6 just as Abraham “believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness.”[c] 7 Therefore know that only those who are of faith are sons of Abraham. 8 And the Scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the Gentiles by faith, preached the gospel to Abraham beforehand, saying, “In you all the nations shall be blessed.”[d] 9 So then those who are of faith are blessed with believing Abraham.

Niki

May 28, 2013
Apparently Paul disagreed, Paul clearly says that the promise to Abraham included the Gentiles.

In the context of this op...which is about replacement theology, my remark is not incorrect. Please refer to repalcement theology to put my
remarks in context.

Paul didn't say one thing over the other as the op suggest.

Here we go again.

Arnie Manitoba

Mar 8, 2011
Manitoba Canada
Joe Domingo said:
The one thing to understand is that Israel has always been and continues to be spiritual.
So are you saying that the country of Israel and it's citizens in the middle east is just a figment of our imagination ?

So are you saying that all the unfulfilled bible prophecy about Israel is just a figment of our imagination ?

So are you saying that when The Lord returns to Israel it will just be a figment of His imagination ?

Do you know why you think like that ?

I do.

You want everybody to think that literal Israel is actually just some "spiritual entity" floating around in the mind of Joe Domingo because Joe Domingo thinks he is Israel.

Good luck with trying to sell that concept sir.

Rex

Oct 17, 2012
Kingman AZ
Niki said:
In the context of this op...which is about replacement theology, my remark is not incorrect. Please refer to repalcement theology to put my
remarks in context.

Here we go again.
I beg your pardon? It was you that used the term replacement theology, it is incumbent on you to clarify your particular understanding in context of our conversation.

You clearly said that the promises to Israel were not transferable to the Gentiles

Niki said:
I merely pointed out that the promise to Abraham as Paul understood it included the Gentiles Gal 3:8
Paul then goes on to say that the promise "which is Christ" is not to the seeds being the offspring of Abraham but to one being Christ. Gal 3:16

Please tell me how replacement theology fits this interpretation Paul gives in Gal?

afaithfulone4u

Dec 7, 2012
California
Niki said:
remarks in context.

Here we go again.

How do you say it is replacement theology when Jesus came to the natural Jews FIRST to offer them to come into the new covenant for their REST, but many refused and remained in bondage because they were to worldly and did not recognize the Word when he came to save them.
It was not the Jews who were replaced it was the Jews who rejected Christ that did not ENTER their new covenant. They are under the old law until they pass on but natural Israel shall be destroyed just as soon as spiritual Jerusalem is caught up safe and sound out of harms way. Saved and Chosen are not the same, for many are called but few are chosen. God did not cast away his people of old, they TOO can and MUST be born again SAY'S JESUS. Jesus comes for the temple which is a spiritual building made up of living stones by the Hand/Christ of God not a physical temple that the Jews are planning to build. We are to love them and open their BLINDEYES and bring them out of the covenant of bondage into their new covenant to save their souls for come judgment day no one who is judged by the law... being without the Spirit indwelling them will be found in the book of life.

Gal 4:22-5:1
22 For it is written, that Abraham had two sons, the one by a bondmaid, the other by a freewoman.
23 But he who was of the bondwoman was born after the flesh; but he of the freewoman was by promise.
24 Which things are an allegory: for these are the two covenants; the one from the mount Sinai, which gendereth to bondage, which is Agar.
25 For this Agar is mount Sinai in Arabia, and answereth to Jerusalem which now is, and is in bondage with her children.

26 But Jerusalem which is above is free, which is the mother of us all.

27 For it is written, Rejoice, thou barren that bearest not; break forth and cry, thou that travailest not: for the desolate hath many more children than she which hath an husband.
28 Now we, brethren, as Isaac was, are the children of promise.
29 But as then he that was born after the flesh persecuted him that was born after the Spirit, even so it is now.
30 Nevertheless what saith the scripture? Cast out the bondwoman and her son: for the son of the bondwoman shall not be heir with the son of the freewoman.
31 So then, brethren, we are not children of the bondwoman, but of the free.
KJV

They are still led of their flesh if they have not received Christ and the Spirit of adoption and we are warned that flesh and blood can not inherit the kingdom of God.

Joe Domingo said:
Galatians 6:16
"And as many as walk according to this rule, peace and mercy be upon them, and upon the Israel of God."

Friends, as we near the second coming of Jesus Christ, we must become a united body of believers.

See Ephesians 4:13
"Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ:"

Friends, we can only unite under God's rules and God's name for his people. He has called his people Israel. These are the children of Abraham. The one thing to understand is that Israel has always been and continues to be spiritual. In these latter times we ought to be embracing the identity that the Apostle Paul received from the Lord. Paul mentions the phrase in Galatians 6:16. Paul called the body of Christ "the Israel of God". This is not a concept. It is a reality.

And now is the time for all of us to embrace the name God has given us.

If anybody wishes to discuss please post, I am open to providing scriptures and any insight the Lord has given me.

May the peace of our Lord rest upon you after reading this topic.

Joe Domingo
Bless you Joe!

Rex

Oct 17, 2012
Kingman AZ
afaithfulone4u said:
How do you say it is replacement theology when Jesus came to the natural Jews FIRST to offer them to come into the new covenant for their REST, but many refused and remained in bondage because they were to worldly and did not recognize the Word when he came to save them.
Again I didn't say it is replacement theology you did and failed again to address my first question.

So now that you have side stepped Pauls clear interpretation of the promise I'll address the above. It has to do with another modern interpretation. It has to do with who is the one in Danial 9:27 that makes a covenant for three and a half years Jesus or the future anti Christ? Gabriel outlines the time of the people of Danial the "Jews" 70 weeks and the last week can be followed in the new testament. For three and a half years Jesus at the end of it establish the covenant. This covenant was offered only to the Jews "Israel" how ever you like to see it. after the end of the last week "the 70th" we see in Acts ch 10 that the time of the Jews has been delivered and just as the parable of the wedding feast says those first invited did not come. And just as Paul interprets the promise to Abraham as including the Gentiles the HS is now sent to Cornelius house."the Gentiles" In no way does this mean that God has rejected the decendents of Israel but it is by faith one is saved not birth.

You can read a full description of the modern "displacement" of the 70th week to fit your belief. It's is being taught all across the nation it's the hinge pin the bloodline teaching "promise" of salvation turns on. Like I just pointed out Paul completely disagrees with your asurtion that the Gentiles were not a part of the original promise to Abraham.
Here is a link, this one on Daniel 9:24-27 http://www.christianityboard.com/topic/17103-the-he-of-daniel-927/page-2#entry175425

There I have done my best to address your question, would you now do me the honor of addressing my original statement that your post contradicts what Paul taught?

You said

Niki said:
Rex said:
So please explain how replacement theology equates to the Gentiles never being being a part of the promise? Romans 9:6-9
The opposite is true the promise was never unto the decedents of Abraham. John preparing the way said Matthew 3:9 does that sound like something to lay your right to salvation on? who your fleshly daddy is? John is saying at the door offered to the nation, here is the King of Kings, the Image of God in the flesh, now don't seek to say to yourselves I am a descendent of Abraham, why because salvation is not based on bloodlines. Your being a decedent of Abraham meant that you were were served first. & years latter the message of grace and salvation was then offered to the Gentile nations. Gal 3:7-9
Acts 10:1-48

Niki

May 28, 2013
Does anyone here actually know what replacement theology is or are you just having a bad day?

It was you that used the term replacement theology, it is incumbent on you to clarify your particular understanding in context of our conversation.

You clearly said that the promises to Israel were not transferable to the Gentiles
My understanding is in keeping with mainline Christianity which is NOT replacement theology. It appears you don't know what the term means,
so why are you getting what seems to be a bit hot under the collar?

If I made the statement that Gentiles are grafted in, how is it that you think I said Gentiles are not included in God's promises?

There are two diff concepts here...you need to hold them separate to understand and if you can't do that, please don't come
swinging at me...it's not my fault!

You either do not understand the term or you just want to nick pick I guess.

The church is not replacing the nation of Israel or the promises made by God to them.

Gentiles have been grafted into the Olive tree...it's all in the NT.

If you just read the link I provided, you will hopefully understand what is being presented by the op and what myself and others are saying is not so.

Where have people been hiding that they don't understand what the op is about?

At least understand it before making wild claims and telling people to defend something they never said.

I really begin to think that general Bible knowledge is generally sorely lacking.

No further time this week-end for this nonsense.
REPLACEMENT THEOLOGY IN A NUTSHELL:

Replacement theology is the teaching that the Christian church has replaced national Israel regarding the plan, purpose, and promises of God.
Therefore, many of the promises that God made to Israel must be spiritualized. For example, when it speaks of Israel being restored to the land, this really means that the Christian church will be blessed. Also, covenantsmade with Israel are fulfilled in the Christian church so, for example,
  1. The Jewish people are no longer God's chosen people. Instead, the Christian church now makes up God's chosen people.
  2. In the New Testament after Pentecost, the term "Israel" refers to the church.
  3. The Mosaic covenant (Exodus 20) is replaced by the new covenant (Luke 22:20).
  4. Actual circumcision is replaced by a circumcision of the heart (Rom. 2:29).
So, in replacement theology the church has replaced Israel as the primary means by which the world is blessed by God's work. Though it is true that the church does replace Israel in some areas such as properly representing God on earth, acknowledging the promise of the Messiah, etc., it is not biblical to say that God is completely done with Israel and that the Christian church is its complete replacement.
"For I do not want you, brethren, to be uninformed of this mystery, lest you be wise in your own estimation, that a partial hardening has happened to Israel until the fullness of the Gentiles has come in; 26 and thus all Israel will be saved; just as it is written, 'The Deliverer will come from Zion, he will remove ungodliness from Jacob,'” (Rom. 11:25-26).
Some replacement theologians would teach that any mention of "Israel" after Acts chapter 2 (Pentecost) would be referring to the Christian church, but the above Scripture cannot be used to support that idea. In fact, it plainly contradicts it. Obviously, God is not done with Israel. The text tells us that God has hardened Israel but it also tells that disheartening is temporary.
Replacement theology is also known as supersessionism which means that the Christian church has superceded Israel in God's plan.

I do not find Biblical support for replacement theology.

Are we all cool now? I didn't make it up .

LINK FOR SOURCE

If you don't agree, fine. But you are wrong....LOL! :p

Rex

Oct 17, 2012
Kingman AZ
I understand what the OP is speaking about and you clearly called it "replacement theology"

If you would like to now call your defense a "misunderstanding" of terms that's your right, but I would suggest you brush up on what you believe instead of parroting what you have heard. Like the term dispensationalism, you probably don't even know that the end of the so called church age and the final week hinge on the interpretation of Danial, as I mentioned being seen as a future anti Christ or is it speaking of Jesus Christ.

As to your opening and closing remark, and your inability to clearly defend your statement please see my signature.

Niki said:
Does anyone here actually know what replacement theology is or are you just having a bad day?

If you don't agree, fine. But you are wrong....LOL! :p
My Signature:
It's not my job to open peoples eyes, it's my job to provide the opportunity.

Your closing statement indicates you understand exactly what I mean and I use the same definition of replacement theology as you understand it as well

Niki

May 28, 2013
Sad.
You do not understand what I wrote and yet you want to nail my hide to nearest courthouse of your own making and make an exhibit of me.

Laugh? Cry? I'm at the point of whatever and I'll write this off to you just wanting to be right even though this is not about a personal opinion,
but two different takes on Israel's palce in the world.

Feel free to believe or not believe the op...that has nothing to do with me personally. It's your choice.

I have chosen the other side...in other words, no replacement theology. BTW, those very large caps resemble someone yelling...when someone starts
that, I pay no attention as they have obviously lost control. Not a good thing.

Joe Domingo

Apr 18, 2013
Thanks for all the replies. To those who agree or disagree with me ...

Please visit my website - there - I provide scriptures and proof that Israel has always been a mixed nation of people.
I also prove through scripture that Israel was always a Spiritual nation.
I also provide important information about DNA studies from a leading DNA expert - who by the way was born Jewish. You will want to read his findings!
Please see: http://www.israelofgod.net/key-scriptures.html
and: http://www.israelofgod.net/links.html
and please read: http://www.israelofgod.net/The%20Israel%20of%20God.htm

If after you have read through the material I have provided - you still believe this is replacement theology - then fine with me :)

For those of you who see that Israel is now a multi racial and multi ethnic spiritual people - please feel free to share with any and all persons that you can. Please feel free to post your comments here and if you have any question please feel free to ask here or at my website.

John S said:
Joe - Welcome to the site.
Israel is NOT spiritual. It is alive today. When the Tribes of Israel were exiled from their homeland by the Assyrians, their descendants eventually made their way west into Europe and then into the Western Hemisphere and elsewhere. The ONLY Tribe that would maintain its identity would be the Tribe of Judah - the Jews (Genesis 49). EVERYONE else would lose their Israelite identities.
Joseph's Tribes would become extremely powerful nations, never conquered - like the U.S. and Great Britain and her "children" - Canada, Australia, New Zealand, etc.
Zabulon would become sea-faring explorers - Spain, Portugal and the "children" - Central and South America and elsewhere.
Dan, from which the AC will come, is Italy.
Reuben, who will NEVER be first, might be Ireland.

Of course, you will disagree with me - but that's O.K.
Hi John,

Yes I do disagree with you. Please visit my website - especially the Links page. Here is one link I really need you to visit:
http://gbe.oxfordjournals.org/content/5/1/61.full
Arnie Manitoba said:
So are you saying that the country of Israel and it's citizens in the middle east is just a figment of our imagination ?

So are you saying that all the unfulfilled bible prophecy about Israel is just a figment of our imagination ?

So are you saying that when The Lord returns to Israel it will just be a figment of His imagination ?

Do you know why you think like that ?

I do.

You want everybody to think that literal Israel is actually just some "spiritual entity" floating around in the mind of Joe Domingo because Joe Domingo thinks he is Israel.

Good luck with trying to sell that concept sir.
The Jewish geneticist can answer your questions better than I can, please visit his study: http://gbe.oxfordjournals.org/content/5/1/61.full

Arnie Manitoba

Mar 8, 2011
Manitoba Canada
Joe Domingo .... with all respect I do not think the question is about the various ethnicity of Israel

The question is whether Christians like you and I are the Israel of the bible ..... or whether Israel is Israel

I say Israel is Israel ..... Gentiles Christians like you and me certainly benefit from the promises to Israel .... but we are not Israel in any way shape or form.

Here is a copy of the very first sentence of one of the links you provided ..........
The promise that God made to Abraham about becoming a great nation was never based on race or ethnicity. The promise was based on a seed sown in faith. No matter what race, nationality or culture you are from, if you are a believer in Christ, you are a part of the Israel of God.

This is a clever twist of the use of the word "seed" ...... the word "seed" was clearly referring to Jesus Christ Himself ..... even Galatians says so clearly .......... Galatians 3:16 ..... The promises were spoken to Abraham and to his seed. Scripture does not say “and to seeds,” meaning many people, but “and to your seed,” meaning one person, who is Christ.

I urge you to be cautious of anyone who conveniently twist words in order to claim they are Israel.

You and I are part of the gentile Christian church.

Israel and her citizens are a country in the Middle east and God still has plans for them

Whether we like it or not.

best wishes.

Joe Domingo

Apr 18, 2013
Arnie Manitoba said:
Joe Domingo .... with all respect I do not think the question is about the various ethnicity of Israel

The question is whether Christians like you and I are the Israel of the bible ..... or whether Israel is Israel

I say Israel is Israel ..... Gentiles Christians like you and me certainly benefit from the promises to Israel .... but we are not Israel in any way shape or form.

Here is a copy of the very first sentence of one of the links you provided ..........
The promise that God made to Abraham about becoming a great nation was never based on race or ethnicity. The promise was based on a seed sown in faith. No matter what race, nationality or culture you are from, if you are a believer in Christ, you are a part of the Israel of God.

This is a clever twist of the use of the word "seed" ...... the word "seed" was clearly referring to Jesus Christ Himself ..... even Galatians says so clearly .......... Galatians 3:16 ..... The promises were spoken to Abraham and to his seed. Scripture does not say “and to seeds,” meaning many people, but “and to your seed,” meaning one person, who is Christ.

I urge you to be cautious of anyone who conveniently twist words in order to claim they are Israel.

You and I are part of the gentile Christian church.

Israel and her citizens are a country in the Middle east and God still has plans for them

Whether we like it or not.

best wishes.
This is how confident I am in what I believe ....

Arnie - show me a single person that can prove to you and me - that he or she descends from Jacob or any one of his twelve sons - and I will pay you $500 a week for the rest of your life.

Now Arnie - if you cannot find a person in this Earth that has the ability to do that .. then I ask you this my friend ... how does one prove they are Israel outside of being Spiritual. Meaning - how can they prove physical lineage to the Patriarchs.

This is not a joke. I am not the Joking type of guy when it comes to God's business. This is a VERY serious offer,

So Arnie - if you cannot prove a person descending physically from the Patriarchs - then my advice to you is to strongly consider that you have been indoctrinated into a false doctrine. The doctrine that there is a physical Israel.

By the way - it's amazing. You actually have accepted with blind faith that certain people are Israel or Jews - without you having any proof of their claim.

Arnie - why is it that the Apostles made sure that they provided you with the lineage of Jesus Christ? Is it so that you did not have to accept it with blind faith? Is it so that you could be reassured that he descended from Judah? The seed of Abraham? We are all of the seed of Abraham if we are in Christ Jesus.

By the way Arnie - when the Temple was destroyed - so was the documentation of lineage. The Temple was like the Department of Health in our country. Today, you can order your birth certificate from the Hospital you were born in. It keeps that record. Even the President had to prove his place of birth because some did not believe.

Now - do you really expect me to just accept with blind faith that someone is Israel or a Jew because they say they are?

Show me the proof. The Apostles showed me the proof of Jesus' lineage.

Pedigree

Lineage

DNA

You need any one of these three to prove who you descend from....

No one in this world has any of these three to prove they descend from Jacob and or any of his twelve sons.

How then does one prove they are Israel or Judah?

Arnie Manitoba

Mar 8, 2011
Manitoba Canada
Joe Domingo said:
This is how confident I am in what I believe ....

Arnie - show me a single person that can prove to you and me - that he or she descends from Jacob or any one of his twelve sons - and I will pay you $500 a week for the rest of your life.
Using your own criteria you cannot prove to me that current Israel is not the descendants of Jacob

You are using a straw-man argument.

I have a question for you ..... if the majority of future prophecy is centered around the nation of Israel .... how do you get around that ?

Do you think the end times is about Oklahoma or something ?

Joe Domingo

Apr 18, 2013
Arnie Manitoba said:
Using your own criteria you cannot prove to me that current Israel is not the descendants of Jacob

You are using a straw-man argument.

I have a question for you ..... if the majority of future prophecy is centered around the nation of Israel .... how do you get around that ?

Do you think the end times is about Oklahoma or something ?
Arnie - I cannot prove to you that they are not Jacob's descendants and you sir cannot prove to me that they are

we have a stalemate - conversation is over.

Speaking of Seed Arnie

I John 3:9 Whoever has been born of God does not sin, for His seed remains in him; and he cannot sin, because he has been born of God.

What seed is this?

And what does it exactly mean to be born of God?

And Nicodemus who was a Jew - why did he have to be born again?

Oh and Arnie - did you take a look at renowned geneticist Eran Eihaik- who is Jewish might I add - did you take a look at his DNA study of the Jewish people?

please do Artie. http://gbe.oxfordjournals.org/content/5/1/61.full

Arnie Manitoba

Mar 8, 2011
Manitoba Canada
1 John 3:9 is also referring to Jesus (begotten Son) as the seed .......... 9 every one who hath been begotten of God, sin he doth not, because his seed in him doth remain, and he is not able to sin, because of God he hath been begotten. ..... to try to apply that verse to ourselves we would have to claim we no longer sin and we all know Jesus is the only one without sin

As a matter of fact I have spent a lot of time following the Gnome DNA as it applies to the Jewish people.

Hey Joe .... you seem like a nice guy ..... i was not trying to single you out or pick on you in a special manner ..... I think you are Joe Domingo .... a nice christian ...... but I will never believe you are Israel. sorry

This whole thing started 1500 years ago (by the Catholics) because there was no longer a nation of Israel .... a handfull of jews were scattered around the world ..... and in order to make the bible "work" they tried to make the church into Israel

It was wrong then .... and it is wrong now.

best wishes Joe .... and welcome to the forum

JB_Reformed Baptist

Many are called but few are chosen.
Feb 23, 2013
AUSTRALIA
Joe Domingo said:
Thanks for all the replies. To those who agree or disagree with me ...

Please visit my website - there - I provide scriptures and proof that Israel has always been a mixed nation of people.
I also prove through scripture that Israel was always a Spiritual nation.
I also provide important information about DNA studies from a leading DNA expert - who by the way was born Jewish. You will want to read his findings!
Please see: http://www.israelofgod.net/key-scriptures.html
and: http://www.israelofgod.net/links.html
and please read: http://www.israelofgod.net/The%20Israel%20of%20God.htm

If after you have read through the material I have provided - you still believe this is replacement theology - then fine with me :)

For those of you who see that Israel is now a multi racial and multi ethnic spiritual people - please feel free to share with any and all persons that you can. Please feel free to post your comments here and if you have any question please feel free to ask here or at my website.

Hi John,

Yes I do disagree with you. Please visit my website - especially the Links page. Here is one link I really need you to visit:
http://gbe.oxfordjournals.org/content/5/1/61.full

The Jewish geneticist can answer your questions better than I can, please visit his study: http://gbe.oxfordjournals.org/content/5/1/61.full
I have been to the website and i think it's superfluous to argue Israel after the flesh is a hybrid. Nevertheless, the 'Israel of God' is indeed all those in the faith whether that be Jew or gentile etc. :)

Joe Domingo

Apr 18, 2013
JB I agree it is superfluous but I really believe some people need to be shown that Israel is not a particular race.

Many people stateside believe Israel is now the Jews who match a particular Russian/Eastern Bloc ethnicity. Dress a certain way and look a certain way. This of course is hardly anything close to the truth, since Arnie himself freely admits that Israel is a middle eastern country and therefore it's people should look like someone from the middle east.

In terms of the state of Israel as it exist today.

The state of Israel is composed of several types of people. There are the Arabs who have been dwelling in the land prior to the Zionist take over. These Arab populations have been relegated to Gaza and the West Bank. Then there are many people from all over the World who are Jewish that migrated to the country, such as the Ethiopian Jews. I even know of a couple of families that moved to Israel because they converted to Judaism. Then of course there's the Russian and Eastern Bloc Jews. These are people that the latest DNA study by Eran Eihaik have been found to descend from the Khazar peoples.

Keeping in mind that all of these people who have migrated to the Land of Israel are either practicing Judaism or are born to Jewish parents, but have no proven lineage tracing back to Jacob and his sons ....

How then do any of these non native people qualify as a legitimate Israel?

Or, Arnie are you saying that as long as someone moves to Israel they become Israel and that God has a plan for them?

By the way Arnie - I won't even touch what you did with John 3:9 man! All the best on that bro.

Arnie ...

Please explain to me how I am twisting this scripture.

Galatians 3
26 For you are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus. 27 For as many of you as were baptized into Christ have put on Christ. 28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is neither male nor female; for you are all one in Christ Jesus. 29 And if you are Christ’s, then you are Abraham’s seed, and heirs according to the promise.
Words in bold are very clear. The word seed is applied to the believer in Christ.

1 John 3
7 Little children, let no one deceive you. He who practices righteousness is righteous, just as He is righteous. 8 He who sins is of the devil, for the devil has sinned from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that He might destroy the works of the devil. 9 Whoever has been born of God does not sin, for His seed remains in him; and he cannot sin, because he has been born of God.
The word whoever is also very clear as to its intent - it is being applied to anyone not specifically to Jesus.

Arnie -perhaps you are a nice guy as well.

But with all due respect - I think the scripture is very clear in both instances.

The seed being spoken of in both scriptures is very obviously talking about the followers of Jesus.

Also Arnie - the reason why John says we cannot sin and the Lord's seed remains in us is because he in contrasting us as born again believers throughout eternity. John is looking at the finished product. He is looking at the believer already saved and inheriting eternal life. John has already acknowledged prior to the verse in question that we are capable of sinning. But he is securing the reader that if you truly love the Lord and follow him - your sin is already forgiven and that in the eyes of the Lord we have no sin, because his blood has washed all sin away.

Nevertheless, I really think you need to give more study to these scriptures as it is you who has the misunderstanding of them.