The Issue of Calvinism.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Ezekiel Chapter 28 is NOT speaking of Satan but of man!!
Now who is making a false interpretation? The following can only apply to Satan, who was originally the cherub called Lucifer.

Thou art the anointed cherub that covereth; and I have set thee so: thou wast upon the holy mountain of God; thou hast walked up and down in the midst of the stones of fire. Thou wast perfect in thy ways from the day that thou wast created, till iniquity was found in thee.

Among men, only Adam was perfect when he was created. After Adam, no man was perfect (excluding Christ who is the God-Man). So when God speaks of "the anointed cherub" who was perfect from the day that he was created, it can mean none other than Satan (till iniquity was found in thee).

Jun2u

Mar 6, 2014
Southern CA.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Now who is making a false interpretation? The following can only apply to Satan, who was originally the cherub called Lucifer.
Man has the right to perverse and create a false doctrine. Though your interpretation may be plausible it’s meaning is still incorrect.

The most outstanding clue in Ezekiel 28 is concerning the word “cherub” which I have already explained and cannot be a reference to Satan. If you have done a word study on “cherub” the word can only refer to God and NEVER to an angel.

As I’ve already alluded to no angel can be above God as seen in the Ark of the Covenant. The two figures on the Ark are representations of God Himself. It is God who protects the Ark.

Man is the other entity that is a reference to a cherub. Man is created like precious stones and were created in God’s image NEVER referenced to Satan, and he was never created in the image of God.

It was man who was created perfect opposite to what you say about Satan. Scripture explicitly declares Satan was a murderer from the beginning.

To God Be The Glory

Last edited:

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I would consider that the understanding that satan is the person being spoken of in Ezekiel 28 is almost, practically, foundational to the faith, in our understanding of who the devil is in basic Christianity 101.

Therefore I find that in order to keep their concept that there is no free will, Calvinists depart from foundational doctrines, and in the end, may even be turned to fables.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Scripture explicitly declares Satan was a murderer from the beginning.
So you believe that God created satan a murderer?

Is God good in your view?

What possible reason would an Omnipotent, all-loving, sovereign God have for creating someone who would wreak havoc on his Universe, murdering people created by Him left and right?

It is a doctrine to the glory of God, that the devil was created good; and that he rebelled, making the choice to turn against God's established order and thus becoming a murderer from the beginning. For those who will receive it, the beginning here refers to the beginning of the war.

Mjh29

May 28, 2017
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Have you forgotten Romans 5:2 so soon? Our access into grace is by faith.

Romans 5:2 is talking about believers. Not about every person on the planet. The book was written to believers and for believers. But we've already discussed this and told you this multiple times, and yet the only way to "defend" this belief is to pretend you didn't hear us and continue to pull this verse out of context.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Romans 5:2 is talking about believers. Not about every person on the planet. The book was written to believers and for believers. But we've already discussed this and told you this multiple times, and yet the only way to "defend" this belief is to pretend you didn't hear us and continue to pull this verse out of context.
Of course it is about believers. It doesn't change the fact that we as believers have gained access into grace by our faith.

Maybe one of these days you will open your eyes and see that if I have access by a key into my mansion, the fact that I am now living in my mansion doesn't mean that I didn't enter into it in the first place by using the key that was given me to my mansion.

Therefore if someone is not living in their mansion, aren't you saying that they cannot gain access to their mansion since they aren't living in it currently?

I am saying that Jesus gives to unbelievers the key to a mansion (which is faith, so that they will not be unbelievers any more); and that when they use the key and enter into their mansion, they have all the benefits of living in the mansion. Not before.

If salvation comes before faith, then one must be already living in the mansion before they can gain access using the key. And this is something of an oxymoron.

Last edited:

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's been six days since I posted the last post in this thread...no one has an answer?

Mike Dwight

Mar 15, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We're all spoiled, its the 21st century, divine calling is accessible and a click away. What was the choice supposed to be about, Francis Assissi in poverty pain and bird-preaching? Well, you could Employ the entire human race forcing out Christianity and the human race ends in evangelization. Otherwise, Calvin did just as well mostly, tha every profession has a song and knowledge increases in every corner and had a sermon in every chapter, and I never hear anyone just make the practical application that the Catholics threw thousands of blathering martyrs at thousands of pagan kingdoms and they made Saints left and right, hooray.

Take Korea for example. Have you noticed the "Modern" approach out of the Vatican? Beatify, canonize, and sainthood and martyrdom, at least 100 people recognized out of the early Korean Catholic community's attempts to blindly follow one Bishop from China, while they made an alliance with France, From China, that was going to skip the King and court. Then, not worship any ancestors , disrupt any Palace ceremonies and also not participate. The worst curse in my opinion of All Churches, is of course, they have found God has changed his mind on this particular exercise, now Catholics might have parents.

Last edited: