The Issue of Calvinism.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just because there is a chosen people does not mean that we know who are and who are not chosen. Just because you are one of God's chosen does not mean that we can then go around professing who is and is not one of God's people on a whim. You keep using this same question over and over, and I have answered you many, many times. I will continue to do so every time you ask.

Doesn't matter your theology. Doesn't change a thing.

What you're doing remains totally pointless by your beliefs.

It is not the question of who believes what to you. It is an issue of who one God's dice game.

You have said those that are not chosen do not love God and do not come to him and free well. So by your thinking everyone since they do love God's chosen.

So it remains pointless what you are doing.

Even worse when you believe someone who profess Christ still are not saved.

But how can that be when only the chosen are supposed to profess Christ?

Your doctrine is chaotic, confusing and totally illogical.

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Praise God, Jun2u! What do you, Dave L, Mjh29, SovereignGrace, and Preacher4Truth (my apology for not including you all from the get go) think of this passage:

I felt the necessity to write to you appealing that you contend earnestly for the faith which was once for all handed down to the saints. (Jude 1:3)

By God's grace, for God's glory!

But you can only contend for the faith if there's a gain to be made in the salvation of others.

And that stands totally against your rejection of freewill choice and repentance.

Preacher4Truth

Feb 15, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just because there is a chosen people does not mean that we know who are and who are not chosen. Just because you are one of God's chosen does not mean that we can then go around professing who is and is not one of God's people on a whim. You keep using this same question over and over, and I have answered you many, many times. I will continue to do so every time you ask.

Yes, he's been answered on multiple occasions, and you've done so many times.

He knows this.

He is unacquainted with Scripture and the God of Scripture. 2 Timothy 2:8-10 answers adequately his disingenuous question, and he's been shown this in the past. But it appears he doesn't want answers, only the opportunity to reveal his loathing of the truth, ignorance, and to libel.

Reactions: Mjh29 and Jun2u

Preacher4Truth

Feb 15, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
`
Still have not answered my simple question.

You have many unanswered questions because to answer them would expose your error.

One is your failure to show us all what you say is in Romans 8 is actually there.

But the sad fact is, you are willingly blind to not go look, admit, and see that what you say is there, isn't.

You not only willingly bear false witness against the brothers on here, you've gone on to bear false witness against both God and his word. Romans 8 is just one evidence. That is a fact, and you will give an account for bearing false witness against his name and his word.

I sincerely hope you will come to repentance, because as of now you show no repentance in your life toward God or his word. 2 Peter 3:9.

Preacher4Truth

Feb 15, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Praise God, Jun2u! What do you, Dave L, Mjh29, SovereignGrace, and Preacher4Truth (my apology for not including you all from the get go) think of this passage:

I felt the necessity to write to you appealing that you contend earnestly for the faith which was once for all handed down to the saints. (Jude 1:3)

Those are kind words, thank you.

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
`

You have many unanswered questions because to answer them would expose your error.

One is your failure to show us all what you say is in Romans 8 is actually there.

But the sad fact is, you are willingly blind to not go look, admit, and see that what you say is there, isn't.

You not only willingly bear false witness against the brothers on here, you've gone on to bear false witness against both God and his word. Romans 8 is just one evidence. That is a fact, and you will give an account for bearing false witness against his name and his word.

I sincerely hope you will come to repentance, because as of now you show no repentance in your life toward God or his word. 2 Peter 3:9.

That is false. I have been seeking an answer to one single question.

Kermos

Mar 18, 2019
United States
JesusDelivers.Faith
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But you can only contend for the faith if there's a gain to be made in the salvation of others.

And that stands totally against your rejection of freewill choice and repentance.
Freewill choice is not in scripture, so I stand against the deception of freewill/choosing toward or for Jesus Christ as such a thing is opposed by His very words. Your contention for squirming freewill/choice into Jude 1:3 is absurd for freewill/choice does not exist in Jude 1:3. See that Jesus said "Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is at hand" (Matthew 4:17), and I believe His example, His actions, His testimony, and His words. Based on the fruit of your correspondence, you do not understand the scripture, nor Truth, nor the Way, nor Life. Preacher4Truth provided a poignant diagnosis and prognosis of your condition. Behold the Word of God:

"Hear then the parable of the sower. When anyone hears the word of the kingdom and does not understand it, the evil [one] comes and snatches away what has been sown in his heart. This is the one on whom seed was sown beside the road. The one on whom seed was sown on the rocky places, this is the man who hears the word and immediately receives it with joy; yet he has no [firm] root in himself, but is [only] temporary, and when affliction or persecution arises because of the word, immediately he falls away. And the one on whom seed was sown among the thorns, this is the man who hears the word, and the worry of the world and the deceitfulness of wealth choke the word, and it becomes unfruitful. And the one on whom seed was sown on the good soil, this is the man who hears the word and understands it; who indeed bears fruit and brings forth, some a hundredfold, some sixty, and some thirty."
(Matthew 13:18-23)

"If anyone loves Me, he will keep My word; and My Father will love him, and We will come to him and make Our abode with him. He who does not love Me does not keep My words; and the word which you hear is not Mine, but the Father's who sent Me." (John 14:23-24)

"All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth. Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age." (Matthew 28:18-20)

"He who believes in the Son has eternal life; but he who does not obey the Son will not see life, but the wrath of God abides on him." (John 3:36, this quote is the Apostle John recording John the Baptist's words)

Your persistence at trying to divert attention away from the fact that you lack scriptural support for freewill/ability to choose the Lord Jesus is very obvious. You, CoreIssue, are trying to teach a false gospel of the sovereignty of man in the form of freewill/ability to choose Jesus. The sovereignty of man opposes the Sovereignty of God. The Sovereignty of God in part can be desribed as salvation is by God's grace for God's glory with the dead, poor, unworthy, wretched person that God chooses/elects being blessed by the Lord Jesus Christ to Life eternal in the power of God which the person can not resist nor desires to resist because the Spirit of the Living God brings about the belief and actions of the person resulting in the scriptural fact that solely by the power of God the desires/will of the person are brought into accord and unity with God's will. Scripture reveals that it matters what people believe because it affects people's eternal destination.

Behold Christianity is encapsulated by the Lord Jesus Christ whose words and actions reveal Christianity, and the paragraph above genuinely reflects His words that reveal Sovereignty of God, so here are some of the words of the Lord Jesus Christ revealing the Sovereignty of God, the true gospel of grace:

"Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born again he cannot see the kingdom of God." (John 3:3)

"Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit he cannot enter into the kingdom of God." (John 3:5)

"For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life." (John 3:16)

"This is the work of God, that you believe in Him whom He has sent." (John 6:29)

"apart from Me you can do nothing" (John 15:5)

"You did not choose Me but I chose you" (John 15:16)

"He who rejects Me and does not receive My sayings, has one who judges him; the word I spoke is what will judge him at the last day." (John 12:48)

Please see "The Lord Jesus Says That Belief/Faith and Choosing Are All God Post".

Last edited:
Reactions: Jun2u

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Freewill choice is not in scripture, so I stand against the deception of freewill/choosing toward or for Jesus Christ as such a thing is opposed by His very words. Your contention for squirming freewill/choice into Jude 1:3 is absurd for freewill/choice does not exist in Jude 1:3. See that Jesus said "Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is at hand" (Matthew 3:2), and I believe His example, His actions, His testimony, and His words. Based on the fruit of your correspondence, you do not understand the scripture, nor Truth, nor the Way, nor Life. Preacher4Truth provided a poignant diagnosis and prognosis of your condition. Behold the Word of God:

"Hear then the parable of the sower. When anyone hears the word of the kingdom and does not understand it, the evil [one] comes and snatches away what has been sown in his heart. This is the one on whom seed was sown beside the road. The one on whom seed was sown on the rocky places, this is the man who hears the word and immediately receives it with joy; yet he has no [firm] root in himself, but is [only] temporary, and when affliction or persecution arises because of the word, immediately he falls away. And the one on whom seed was sown among the thorns, this is the man who hears the word, and the worry of the world and the deceitfulness of wealth choke the word, and it becomes unfruitful. And the one on whom seed was sown on the good soil, this is the man who hears the word and understands it; who indeed bears fruit and brings forth, some a hundredfold, some sixty, and some thirty."

"If anyone loves Me, he will keep My word; and My Father will love him, and We will come to him and make Our abode with him. He who does not love Me does not keep My words; and the word which you hear is not Mine, but the Father's who sent Me." (John 14:23-24)

"All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth. Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age." (Matthew 28:18-20)

"He who believes in the Son has eternal life; but he who does not obey the Son will not see life, but the wrath of God abides on him." (John 3:36, this quote is the Apostle John recording John the Baptist's words)

Your persistence at trying to divert attention away from the fact that you lack scriptural support for freewill/ability to choose the Lord Jesus is very obvious. You, CoreIssue, are trying to teach a false gospel of the sovereignty of man in the form of freewill/ability to choose Jesus. The sovereignty of man opposes the Sovereignty of God. The Sovereignty of God in part can be desribed as salvation is by God's grace for God's glory with the dead, poor, unworthy, wretched person that God chooses/elects being blessed by the Lord Jesus Christ to Life eternal in the power of God which the person can not resist nor desires to resist because the Spirit of the Living God brings about the belief and actions of the person resulting in the scriptural fact that solely by the power of God the desires/will of the person are brought into accord and unity with God's will. Scripture reveals that it matters what people believe because it affects people's eternal destination.

Behold Christianity is encapsulated by the Lord Jesus Christ whose words and actions reveal Christianity, and the paragraph above genuinely reflects His words that reveal Sovereignty of God, so here are some of the words of the Lord Jesus Christ revealing the Sovereignty of God, the true gospel of grace:

"Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born again he cannot see the kingdom of God." (John 3:3)

"Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit he cannot enter into the kingdom of God." (John 3:5)

"For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life." (John 3:16)

"This is the work of God, that you believe in Him whom He has sent." (John 6:29)

"He who rejects Me and does not receive My sayings, has one who judges him; the word I spoke is what will judge him at the last day." (John 12:48)

Please see "The Lord Jesus Says That Belief/Faith and Choosing Are All God Post".

Which goes back to my question of why you are trying to persuade people to your belief?

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How does a man repent if it is not his freewill choice to do so?

Why does God make it a command rather than just working it into us magically by pulling on the string?

Last edited:
Reactions: Nancy

Mjh29

May 28, 2017
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Doesn't matter your theology. Doesn't change a thing.

What you're doing remains totally pointless by your beliefs.

It is not the question of who believes what to you. It is an issue of who one God's dice game.

You have said those that are not chosen do not love God and do not come to him and free well. So by your thinking everyone since they do love God's chosen.

So it remains pointless what you are doing.

Even worse when you believe someone who profess Christ still are not saved.

But how can that be when only the chosen are supposed to profess Christ?

Proverbs 16:33

It is not that we think God chooses some and not others for no good reason. It is that we do not claim to know what His reasoning is other than to bring Himself glory. He does have His reasons, we just do not demand to know them or pretend it is something good in us.

Arminians [most, not all] seem to have a big problem not being able to claim they can/could explain every action God has ever done, and claim we believe He is flippant because we don't go around telling everyone "Oh, God did this because" and "God would only do that because..." and "God could NEVER...."

Well thank you for telling God what He can and cannot do. And mocking Him all at the same time, by saying He is a "random gambler" if you aren't the one to praise for your own conversion. If YOU didn't do it, God is unfair, unjust, ect. But so long as it was YOU, and you can feel secure in your own choice. [secure Arminianism.... hilarious. God luring people into their jail cell and then slamming the door shut permanently is every bit as diabolical as Satan himself!]

Again, God does have a purpose, His choice is not random. We just do not claim to know who He chooses until He does, and we never know why He chooses some and not others, other than it brings Him the most glory.

Let the record show I have answered your "Calvinists never answer this" question.

Reactions: Preacher4Truth

Mjh29

May 28, 2017
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Interesting.... let's look at the evidence:

1.) Chaotic. Every question you have asked @Kermos [I apologize if you are not a Calvinist, brother] @Jun2u [Again, apologies if you are not Calvinist] @Preacher4Truth , and @SovereignGrace [you two.... I apologize for nothing :cool::cool::p:D]
Every question you have asked us, we have answered in a quite timely manner, with Scripture, addressing each and every question and accusation you throw at us, many times 2 or 3 times. You have yet to answer @Preacher4Truth 's question, use little to no Scripture in your answers, and downright refuse to answer some questions. Not to mention we have caught multiple instances where Arminians are arguing amongst themselves. And they are not denominational differences [mode of baptism, ect.] They are core beliefs, such as eternal security.

2.) Confusing. What are you confused about? We'd be more than happy to help if you would put down the weapon and actually ask questions. Besides that, we have answered many of your questions with Scripture, but you aren't really searching; you ignore and continue to poke and prod, because you really don't want to understand. Confusing? "Doing a work is always a work except when you accept Jesus; that work isn't a work, though it fits into the definition of a work, that work isn't a work." How's that for confusing?

3.) Illogical. 2 words: Secure. Arminian. Does not get any more illogical than that. Oh, I choose Jesus, and I make myself a Christian using my free-will. My reward is the door being slammed on me and my free will being revoked. It would be like if you could only ever buy one car in your entire life, and the moment you choose one, your ability to choose is ripped away and you are chained to that car forever.
Wow.... Arminianism is gloomier than I thought. If Calvinists make God a gambler.... you make Him a sadistic dictator, who lures you in and then slams the door. How illogical is that? The only difference between your view and ours is a total reversal of steps. We believe we are born slaves to sin, and God frees our wills and makes us willing to choose Him. You say that we are born free, and willing to choose Him, but the moment we do, God enslaves our wills and makes us unable to change our minds.

As anyone can see [I'm sure you'll shout this down but.... par for the course.] You saying Calvinism is 'chaotic, confusing and illogical' is not true... and in fact it is quite the opposite. I would love to have a genuine discussion with you over the Scriptures about what we believe, instead of this mud-slinging grudge match you've got us locked into.

Perhaps you could start by finally answering brother @Preacher4Truth 's question about Romans 8?

Mjh29

May 28, 2017
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How does a man repent if it is not his freewill choice to do so?

Why does God make it a command rather than just working it into us magically by pulling on the string?

Because, there was a punishment for people's disobedience. God chooses some to change their hearts, not pull their strings. Though faith comes from God, that does not make it any less man's. If you buy a car, the car is yours. If someone gives you a car, the car is yours. The difference is one you worked for, the other was a gift.

Now this analogy only goes so far. Men are not willing to receive this gift; we have too much pride. God then changes our hearts, and makes us willing to accept this gift.

Reactions: SovereignGrace

Mjh29

May 28, 2017
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Hi Kermos! Thank you for the kind words!

The Bible I use [and absolutely love] is the 1599 Geneva Bible. It has a note that explains this passage quite well; in essence it says that he is telling them to earnestly defend the faith.

Preacher4Truth

Feb 15, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Interesting.... let's look at the evidence:

1.) Chaotic. Every question you have asked @Kermos [I apologize if you are not a Calvinist, brother] @Jun2u [Again, apologies if you are not Calvinist] @Preacher4Truth , and @SovereignGrace [you two.... I apologize for nothing :cool::cool::p:D]
Every question you have asked us, we have answered in a quite timely manner, with Scripture, addressing each and every question and accusation you throw at us, many times 2 or 3 times. You have yet to answer @Preacher4Truth 's question, use little to no Scripture in your answers, and downright refuse to answer some questions. Not to mention we have caught multiple instances where Arminians are arguing amongst themselves. And they are not denominational differences [mode of baptism, ect.] They are core beliefs, such as eternal security.

2.) Confusing. What are you confused about? We'd be more than happy to help if you would put down the weapon and actually ask questions. Besides that, we have answered many of your questions with Scripture, but you aren't really searching; you ignore and continue to poke and prod, because you really don't want to understand. Confusing? "Doing a work is always a work except when you accept Jesus; that work isn't a work, though it fits into the definition of a work, that work isn't a work." How's that for confusing?

3.) Illogical. 2 words: Secure. Arminian. Does not get any more illogical than that. Oh, I choose Jesus, and I make myself a Christian using my free-will. My reward is the door being slammed on me and my free will being revoked. It would be like if you could only ever buy one car in your entire life, and the moment you choose one, your ability to choose is ripped away and you are chained to that car forever.
Wow.... Arminianism is gloomier than I thought. If Calvinists make God a gambler.... you make Him a sadistic dictator, who lures you in and then slams the door. How illogical is that? The only difference between your view and ours is a total reversal of steps. We believe we are born slaves to sin, and God frees our wills and makes us willing to choose Him. You say that we are born free, and willing to choose Him, but the moment we do, God enslaves our wills and makes us unable to change our minds.

As anyone can see [I'm sure you'll shout this down but.... par for the course.] You saying Calvinism is 'chaotic, confusing and illogical' is not true... and in fact it is quite the opposite. I would love to have a genuine discussion with you over the Scriptures about what we believe, instead of this mud-slinging grudge match you've got us locked into.

Perhaps you could start by finally answering brother @Preacher4Truth 's question about Romans 8?
When a person is their own god, who sees themselves as good, that they loved God while lost, that God chose them because of what they did, based on something that isn't in Scripture? Well, to admit their error would dethrone self, and self is definitely enthroned because of the pride that refuses God receiving all the glory. Not bowing to his word in admittance to what refutes his teaching, and in admittance that what one says is in there isn't is simply evidence of self enthronement. This is what decisional regeneration does to a person.

Would one go to his grave in defiance of truth, and being too proud to admit his error? Of course.

Last edited:

Preacher4Truth

Feb 15, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Proverbs 16:33

It is not that we think God chooses some and not others for no good reason. It is that we do not claim to know what His reasoning is other than to bring Himself glory. He does have His reasons, we just do not demand to know them or pretend it is something good in us.

Arminians [most, not all] seem to have a big problem not being able to claim they can/could explain every action God has ever done, and claim we believe He is flippant because we don't go around telling everyone "Oh, God did this because" and "God would only do that because..." and "God could NEVER...."

Well thank you for telling God what He can and cannot do. And mocking Him all at the same time, by saying He is a "random gambler" if you aren't the one to praise for your own conversion. If YOU didn't do it, God is unfair, unjust, ect. But so long as it was YOU, and you can feel secure in your own choice. [secure Arminianism.... hilarious. God luring people into their jail cell and then slamming the door shut permanently is every bit as diabolical as Satan himself!]

Again, God does have a purpose, His choice is not random. We just do not claim to know who He chooses until He does, and we never know why He chooses some and not others, other than it brings Him the most glory.

Let the record show I have answered your "Calvinists never answer this" question.
Yes, he has blasphemed God and has accused him of being unjust and practicing injustice if God does not bow to him and his set of rules. Romans 9:20. Yes, man will foolishly reply against God.

Reactions: Mjh29
D

Dave L

How free will blasphemes God.

Free Will blasphemes God. It depicts God as a bully who threatens to torture people forever if they do not "say uncle". And it also depicts God as buying people off promising rewards if they "choose" to comply.

But this is not the God of the bible. Who saves people who cannot save themselves in his mercy. Taking the punishment owed to them upon his own-self in Christ on the cross.

Preacher4Truth

Feb 15, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is false. I have been seeking an answer to one single question.
Nope, sorry. Every honest person here knows you've lied, not only concerning what others believe, but also about God's word. Why you won't repent of your Romans 8 lie is beyond me.

You've been answered many times, but your self deception will not allow you to admit to this or your errors. You are enthroned as your own god. Probably ought to go ahead and come to repentance, 2 Peter 3:9, and you will if you're chosen by God. You probably ought to depart from your iniquity as well, 2 Timothy 2:19, and you will if you're chosen by God.

Yet to this very day you've shown that the god of "free will choosing" that you serve has only been capable of chosing the practices of libel, bearing false witness, refusal to bow to God's word, and adding to God's word. That's where your free will has taken you thus far. I submit to you John 8:36.

Last edited:

SovereignGrace

Certified Flunky
Feb 15, 2019
Crum, WVa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

To contend for the faith. To fight for it. To live for it. To even die for it. Notice how it is handed down to the saints, not all ppl indiscriminately?

Reactions: Kermos and Mjh29

SovereignGrace

Certified Flunky
Feb 15, 2019
Crum, WVa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nope, sorry. Every honest person here knows you've lied, not only concerning what others believe, but also about God's word. This is why you won't repent of your Romans 8 lie.

You've been answered many times, but your self deception will not allow you to admit to this or your errors. You are enthroned as your own god. Probably ought to go ahead and come to repentance, 2 Peter 3:9, and you will if you're chosen by God. You probably ought to depart from your iniquity as well, 2 Timothy 2:19, and you will if you're chosen by God.

Yet to this very day you've shown that the god of "free will choosing" that you serve has only been capable of chosing the practices of libel, bearing false witness, refusal to bow to God's word, and adding to God's word. That's where your free will has taken you thus far. I submit to you John 8:36.
He’s seeking for the answer he wants us to give him. It’s like the liberals and the Mueller report. The only way they’d accept that report is if that report said Trump colluded with Russia. The only answer he wants from us is he’s right. :rolleyes:o_O:confused:

Reactions: Mjh29

Preacher4Truth

Feb 15, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Freewill choice is not in scripture, so I stand against the deception of freewill/choosing toward or for Jesus Christ as such a thing is opposed by His very words. Your contention for squirming freewill/choice into Jude 1:3 is absurd for freewill/choice does not exist in Jude 1:3. See that Jesus said "Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is at hand" (Matthew 3:2), and I believe His example, His actions, His testimony, and His words. Based on the fruit of your correspondence, you do not understand the scripture, nor Truth, nor the Way, nor Life. Preacher4Truth provided a poignant diagnosis and prognosis of your condition. Behold the Word of God:

Yeah, not sure how he got free will choice into that text. Wait, that's it, he put it into the text, he didn't get it out of the text.

The fact remains that he speaks of his god free will often, which is self, and rarely of Christ, who instead is God.

So to him it is man, not God. What he did, not what God did. Free will, not biblical election. Salvation by merited act, not by unmerited grace.

That all adds up to a completely false gospel.