The Key of David.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
There are many inferences throughout the bible that Jerusalem will rule over all. The new Jerusalem is where God will live with His people.

Do you follow so far...?

Those that are written in the Lamb's book of life are the Bride who abide with Jesus in the city

The saints are glorified together with Jesus.

But there are also the nations of them which are saved...who get their LIGHT from God. They are not saints since they were not written in the lamb's book of life...but the book of life. There are 3 books to be opened to judge all men.

Nobody understands it seems or teaches this...but God shows us if we ask.

The saints don't live in the nations. The righteous do.

One of the references is the parable of the talents...where a godly character is rewarded with a rule over more cities.

"Cities" plural. So that can't be Jerusalem. Those cities are in the nations. The saints rule WITH Christ over the nations....for ever.
Oh dear, you have not read the scriptures very well when you referenced the Parable of the Talents to support your claim.

This is what Matthew 25:21 and 23 both state: -

Matthew 25:21 and 23: - 21/23 His lord said to him, 'Well done, good and faithful servant; you have been faithful over a few things, I will make you ruler over many things. Enter into the joy of your lord.'​

These two verses make no reference that the Good and faithful servants will rule over people but only over "many things."

However in the Parable of the Minias in Luke 19 Satan does tell his Good and faithful servants that: -

Luke 19:17-19: - 17 And he said to him, 'Well done, good servant; because you were faithful in a very little, have authority over ten cities.' 18 And the second came, saying, 'Master, your mina has earned five minas.' 19 Likewise he said to him, 'You also be over five cities.'​

Now having authority over cities does not mean that you are actually ruling in your own right over those cities, it means that you are given authority to enact Satan's decrees over those cities, which in reality means that you are not ruling those cities, you are only doing as you are being directed.

Now do you want to read the scriptures again to find where it actually states that the Saints will over the nations to see if you can find a verse or two to ack up your previous claim.

I will wait with baited breath for your new enlightenment on this matter. The ball is again in your court of misunderstanding.

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A little off the OP although related, I just want to speak or share some more about the New Jerusalem (NJ) like what is the light of God... I understand the light of God 'powering the NJ is not at least initially the same light for the nations or ever, outside the New Jerusalem. Their light still comes from the sun and moon and from other man-made sources I expect.....

There is no scripture that explicitly says that those of the New Jerusalem will actually live on the earth to rule, let alone at the same geographical position of Jerusalem today.

Scripture does seem to suggest that the dwellers in the New Jerusalem will live above the earth in the atmosphere (renewed) that is somehow connected to the new or renewed earth. Why would a saint with an immortal body live on the earth anyway? It had no need of light from the sun or moon or anything made by man. The source of the light comes from God through Jesus’ presence that would be in us. We will carry this light ourselves.

(Rev 21:23) And the city has no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine upon it. For the glory of God did light it, and the lamp of it is the Lamb.

Notice the saints are not describes here or are called the candlesticks or the lamps of Jesus’ presence, being their head, as in Rev Chapter 1. This is because we are in the one lamp, Jesus, his presence, in the New Jerusalem.

The New Jerusalem is a perfect cube of about 1,500 miles in each of its three dimensions. Is it then to lay on the ground, on the earth?

I would concede there is some thought that the location of the New Jerusalem and its nearest point to a location on the earth as the new Mt. Zion, might be above the physical location of Jerusalem.

(Rev 21:10) And he carried me away in the Spirit to a mountain great and high, and showed me the holy city Jerusalem coming down out of heaven from God,

Blessings,

APAK

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Oh dear, you have not read the scriptures very well when you referenced the Parable of the Talents to support your claim.

This is what Matthew 25:21 and 23 both state: -

Matthew 25:21 and 23: - 21/23 His lord said to him, 'Well done, good and faithful servant; you have been faithful over a few things, I will make you ruler over many things. Enter into the joy of your lord.'​

These two verses make no reference that the Good and faithful servants will rule over people but only over "many things."

However in the Parable of the Minias in Luke 19 Satan does tell his Good and faithful servants that: -

Luke 19:17-19: - 17 And he said to him, 'Well done, good servant; because you were faithful in a very little, have authority over ten cities.' 18 And the second came, saying, 'Master, your mina has earned five minas.' 19 Likewise he said to him, 'You also be over five cities.'​

Now having authority over cities does not mean that you are actually ruling in your own right over those cities, it means that you are given authority to enact Satan's decrees over those cities, which in reality means that you are not ruling those cities, you are only doing as you are being directed.

Now do you want to read the scriptures again to find where it actually states that the Saints will over the nations to see if you can find a verse or two to ack up your previous claim.

I will wait with baited breath for your new enlightenment on this matter. The ball is again in your court of misunderstanding.

That dawg doan hoont. You are making the kingdom of God to be evil.

Reactions: stunnedbygrace

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That dawg doan hoont. You are making the kingdom of God to be evil.

It was very odd to read. Left me scratching my head for sure! And as mom always said, if you don't know what to say, don t say anything! What can you say to a man who thinks: well done my faithful servant in a parable of what the kingdom of heaven is like, becomes doing Satan's work...?

Reactions: Episkopos

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
It was very odd to read. Left me scratching my head for sure! And as mom always said, if you don't know what to say, don t say anything! What can you say to a man who thinks: well done my faithful servant in a parable of what the kingdom of heaven is like, becomes doing Satan's work...?
well, talents are money after all i guess

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

This is the modern state of affairs where up is down and down is up....light is darkness and darkness is light.

And people take away the righteousness from the righteous.

"They make the heart of the righteous sad...whom I have not made sad"...

Very sad indeed. :(

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

A weight of gold....or silver. Something of value.

We hear this a lot in the bible...a man being more precious than the gold of Ophir....or else our faith which is more valuable than gold. Wisdom being more valuable than gold.....etc

So the idea is there throughout the bible.

It is about value comparisons. it helps in understanding the ways of God....how HE sees things.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Again, bbyrd?? :confused:
Is the kingdom of heaven about an earthly thing like money, which will be done awAy with one day?

Is the kingdom of heaven about temporary things or eternal things?

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
A weight of gold....or silver. Something of value.

We hear this a lot in the bible...a man being more precious than the gold of Ophir....or else our faith which is more valuable than gold. Wisdom being more valuable than gold.....etc

So the idea is there throughout the bible.

It is about value comparisons. it helps in understanding the ways of God....how HE sees things.
Again, bbyrd?? :confused:
Is the kingdom of heaven about an earthly thing like money, which will be done awAy with one day?

Is the kingdom of heaven about temporary things or eternal things?
ha all i said was that the parable is about talents, and talents are money in the context of the parable