The KEY to understanding WHY all the different denominations

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

biggandyy

I am here to help...
Oct 11, 2011
SWPA
Because it is impossible for us as fallen creatures (though we be regenerated by the perfect work of Christ) to have perfect understanding of scripture, the absolute necessity of denominations become apparent.

Those who claim to have special revelation from the Holy Spirit, and thus claiming negation of the supposed crutch of denominationalism, have merely deluded themselves; fantasizing they have complete understanding of the secret consul of God. Pity is, all they really seek to accomplish is apply a salve to their own grievously wounded spirit.

However, they do not realize the balm they have subjected themselves to is itself a poison worse than the imagined toxin of denominationalism which so bruised them in the first wise.

Do not harken after their vain imaginings. They lash out in pain rather than cultivate forgiveness towards those who injured them. The venom that drips from their fangs heals not your heart nor theirs.

Rex

Oct 17, 2012
Kingman AZ
Andy your description and warning can apply to an individual person as well as denominations. The danger and illusion you speak of is of much greater importance when it's applied to a church, in that it is spread quickly to many.

Your opening statement I would think includes those that teach.
Because it is impossible for us as fallen creatures (though we be regenerated by the perfect work of Christ) to have perfect understanding of scripture, the absolute necessity of denominations become apparent.
So in that lays both the reason and the warning to everyone about any man.

IanLC

Encounter Team
Mar 22, 2011
North Carolina
I hold to the truth that there is One God, One Jesus and One Holy Spirit and that Christ Jesus died for One church. That One church will consist of people from several denominations. Jesus is not a polygamist He only has ONE wife and that is His Holy Church. As long as we have confessed and believed in Jesus Christ as Savior and lived a life in obedience to Him as Lord then one will be redeemed! Genuine belief produces action and fruit! A belief in the holy Christ Jesus will produce holiness in the believer! (Hebrews 12:14)
"He did this to present her to himself as a glorious church without a spot or wrinkle or any other blemish. Instead, she will be holy and without fault."(Ephesians 5:27)

IanLC

Encounter Team
Mar 22, 2011
North Carolina
I do not see how. Many who belong to the church are in several denominations.

Even more than a division on denomination the church is very much divided on race very much so in the United States. This is also a horrible blemish on the Church!

Reactions: justaname

justaname

Disciple of Jesus Christ
Mar 14, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
UHCAIan said:
I do not see how. Many who belong to the church are in several denominations.

Even more than a division on denomination the church is very much divided on race very much so in the United States. This is also a horrible blemish on the Church!
I gave you a point on the initial statement, but I don't agree with the racial remark.

IanLC

Encounter Team
Mar 22, 2011
North Carolina
justaname said:
I gave you a point on the initial statement, but I don't agree with the racial remark.
I know that and I wish it was a seperate post. But that is a true statement and it is a stain historically and presently in the church!

justaname

Disciple of Jesus Christ
Mar 14, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Maybe at your location in the US but not mine. In fact I know of several integrated in my area alone. I have not extensively traveled the country researching this topic, but I have to imagine throughout the country this must also be the case in other areas also.

IanLC

Encounter Team
Mar 22, 2011
North Carolina
Maybe in my area I live in North Carolina. But more so than not many churches are not very integrated. Im glad and joyous to see an area where that is true but overall in the United States that is not the case.

Rex

Oct 17, 2012
Kingman AZ
BiggAndyy said:
You are confusing Church with denomination.
Maybe refine it another step

To those who are in Christ are the church.
And it would seem that Alan has found another weakness between the church denominations and the CHURCH who is the body of believers.

IanLC

Encounter Team
Mar 22, 2011
North Carolina
Rex said:
Maybe refine it another step

To those who are in Christ are the church.
And it would seem that Alan has found another weakness between the church denominations and the CHURCH who is the body of believers.
Like I stated above. There are genuinely saved believers who are the CHURCH in every denomination.

John Zain

Newbie trainee
Sep 16, 2010
San Diego, CA
I simply wish to WARN members of all of these churches and denominations you speak of.

1900+ years ago, Spirit-controlled churches gleefully converted into becoming man-controlled churches!

The Spirit-controlled churches believed in the baptism with the Holy Spirit and the 9 spiritual power gifts!

The corrupted man-controlled churches much preferred to be man-controlled churches!
Their handy-dandy excuse was for being so was a little verse in 1 Corinthians (13:10),
and they passed along their false interpretation of this verse to their poor unsuspecting followers.

With "doctrines of men", these corrupted man-controlled churches destroyed
the spiritual power of God's Church.

Yes, man has been given free will, and God rarely messes with it.
Even worse, He flees from blatant and willing UNBELIEF.

If this had not happened, the world would have been evangelized many years ago!

I.E. God's preferred method of evangelizing is preaching the gospel with S-W-M following,
which is how the NT churches did it.

P.S. This baptism with the Holy Spirit is available from Jesus, if you ask Him persistently for it.

biggandyy

I am here to help...
Oct 11, 2011
SWPA
My you certainly have a novel notion of history...

1900+ years ago, Spirit-controlled churches gleefully converted into becoming man-controlled churches!

Perhaps you've not expected the Spanish Inquisition!!!

800px-Goya_Tribunal.jpg

justaname

Disciple of Jesus Christ
Mar 14, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John Zain said:
I simply wish to WARN members of all of these churches and denominations you speak of.

The Spirit-controlled churches believed in the baptism with the Holy Spirit and the 9 spiritual power gifts!

The corrupted man-controlled churches much preferred to be man-controlled churches!
Their handy-dandy excuse was for being so was a little verse in 1 Corinthians (13:10),
and they passed along their false interpretation of this verse to their poor unsuspecting followers.

Easy there tiger that is some pretty strong language.

Matthew 16:18
18 “I also say to you that you are Peter, and upon this rock I will build My church; and the gates of Hades will not overpower it.
John Zain said:
Here again I tend to disagree first with the free-will portion. (cf. God over Free-Will Take 2)
Second let us look at the case of Israel, even though they were riddled with unbelief God still proved Himself faithful.
John Zain said:
Now you are God's event planner?
John Zain said:
I.E. God's preferred method of evangelizing is preaching the gospel with S-W-M following,

P.S. This baptism with the Holy Spirit is available from Jesus, if you ask Him persistently for it.
Not so sure what the S-W-M you are referring to is.

John Zain

Newbie trainee
Sep 16, 2010
San Diego, CA
justaname said:
Matthew 16:18
I also say to you that you are Peter, and upon this rock I will build My church; and the gates of Hades will not overpower it.

Not so sure what the S-W-M you are referring to is.
Satan has not prevailed (defeated) God's church ... it still exists.
But Satan has derailed (defeated) it from accomplishing (or even following) God's perfect will.
I'm fairly certain that everyone who has been baptized with the Holy Spirit understands this.
So, I'm not talking to them ... I'm talking to you and those like you.

S-W-M is short for sign, wonders, miracles.

justaname

Disciple of Jesus Christ
Mar 14, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John's statement.

Definition of destroy
verb [ with obj. ]
put an end to the existence of (something) by damaging or attacking it: the room had been destroyed by fire.
• ruin (someone) emotionally or spiritually: he has been determined to destroy her.
• defeat (someone) utterly: the Tigers destroyed the Padres in five games.
• (usu. be destroyed) kill (a sick, savage, or unwanted animal) by humane means: their terrier was destroyed after the attack.

So if God's spiritual power is destroyed in the Church how did you get baptized with the Holy Spirit?

Also how do you know I am not baptized with the Holy Spirit? Time has elapsed since your baptism post has it not?

And finally:
John 13:35
35 “By this all men will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another.”

soupy

May 20, 2012
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John Zain said:

Are we getting closer to the KEY? I've been waiting and waiting....

John Zain

Newbie trainee
Sep 16, 2010
San Diego, CA
justaname said:

Definition of destroy
verb [ with obj. ]
put an end to the existence of (something) by damaging or attacking it: the room had been destroyed by fire.
• ruin (someone) emotionally or spiritually: he has been determined to destroy her.
• defeat (someone) utterly: the Tigers destroyed the Padres in five games.
• (usu. be destroyed) kill (a sick, savage, or unwanted animal) by humane means: their terrier was destroyed after the attack.

So if God's spiritual power is destroyed in the Church how did you get baptized with the Holy Spirit?
The man-controlled churches (due to their rebellion, unbelief, etc.) ... destroyed
the powerful working of the Holy Spirit (in His use of the 9 spiritual power gifts) in the church.
But, of course, they didn't destroy the church itself.
And, of course, they didn't destroy the Holy Spirit.
And, of course, they didn't destroy Jesus, who is the Baptizer.
Dat's why people today are able to be baptized with the Holy Spirit.

Rex

Oct 17, 2012
Kingman AZ
soupy said:
Are we getting closer to the KEY? I've been waiting and waiting....
John just needs to come out of the closet and get to the point, that this topic is all about his revelation that he has found and is a member of the true church "denomination"