The KEY to understanding WHY all the different denominations

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

biggandyy

I am here to help...
Oct 11, 2011
SWPA
That's what my post was hinting towards. Rather than allow for us men to be wrong on occasion and ask for or seek forgiveness, we run and declare ourselves our own little spiritual island. A self contained fiefdom complete with our own version of God, theology, and self sanctimonious rancor against everyone else for now being as "enlightened" as they are.

justaname

Disciple of Jesus Christ
Mar 14, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John Zain said:
The man-controlled churches (due to their rebellion, unbelief, etc.) ... destroyed
the powerful working of the Holy Spirit (in His use of the 9 spiritual power gifts) in the church.
But, of course, they didn't destroy the church itself.
And, of course, they didn't destroy the Holy Spirit.
And, of course, they didn't destroy Jesus, who is the Baptizer.
Dat's why people today are able to be baptized with the Holy Spirit.
Thank you for somewhat clarifying although I still think the language is too strong. I think hindered or weakened would be more appropriate choices.

Romans 11:4-5

4 But what is the divine response to him? “I have kept for Myself seven thousand men who have not bowed the knee to Baal.”
5 In the same way then, there has also come to be at the present time a remnant according to God’s gracious choice.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
apparently Foreigner not only enjoys speaking for me , he has now decided to bare false witness against me.

Rex - the catholic church teaches one doctrine - individual catholics that disgree with the teachings of the church are wrong.

there is no comparison between bible translations and the catholic catechism

Rex

Oct 17, 2012
Kingman AZ
BiggAndyy said:
That's what my post was hinting towards. Rather than allow for us men to be wrong on occasion and ask for or seek forgiveness, we run and declare ourselves our own little spiritual island. A self contained fiefdom complete with our own version of God, theology, and self sanctimonious rancor against everyone else for now being as "enlightened" as they are.
I can understand your perspective but just when was the last time you heard a paster express he has in the past, or is now having a greater understanding of the word, in other words expressing a greater depth of the word, that some verses "understanding" may conflict with what he may have said in the past. It is few and far between so your self sanctimonious theory is subject to pasters as well. The problem is I have never heard one of notability make such a statement.

I don't understand the concept that If you choose to not be formally joined at the hip with a church but still listen to church teaches you are colored as being self contained or self rightist or in the extreme out of the body of Christ. I not being overly critical it's an observation that pasters teach for years as though the were inherently infused from the beginning knowing the full context of God. Then you also have the problem of paster looking like a false prophet in some instances If they do have a change of heart or revelation in understanding.

Lastly the original church apparently had a provision for interaction from the body, that is something completely unheard of today.

I have meet with pasters and spoken of questions, apparent contradictions, that I have heard thew-out the years. What I have discovered is sometimes to satisfy my curiosity and get questions answered I have to search else where. Partly because many pasters only teach unquestionable truths laying the foundation if you will.
Or are literally following a prepared extensive teaching diagram, similar to the guides that public teachers are given.

biggandyy

I am here to help...
Oct 11, 2011
SWPA
The pastor I am currently sitting under was for a long time of Pre-Trib eschatology. Now, through study he has turned towards Amilennial. I am Pre-trib but I am eager to learn of his reasoning and what arguments swayed him. He is a very thoughtful and intelligent man so his words and considerations will carry some merit as I ponder his new found position.

Rex

Oct 17, 2012
Kingman AZ
Just today i was listening to a pastor on the radio, that for years had been taught and always taught pre trib rapture explain that he had never really read about and understood the timing of the separation of the sheep and the goats. He referenced it in the realization that it indicated there were sheep on earth, and the church had not been raptured in a pretrib event.

And I really do wish that someone could organize a way for people in the church body to ask questions, or expand on what is being addressed. I have been in may studies and small gatherings and the uninhibited freedom or moving of the Spirit by far surpasses simply sitting and listening. In a way I think some denominations that openly express in tongues and physical expressions have it right in an incomplete or imperfect way.

I have a brother in the Lord that for years has been involved in a name it and claim it prosperity churches, he is a pastor, and has expressed in these small meetings and studies that he has changed his understanding. But in confidence he is still apprehensive about expressing his opinion to the larger body of pastors knowing he will be isolated.

In sharing this I know that maturity and growth can be expressed by church leaders but it's still a very small percentage, and largely unheard of.
The church I was baptized in was just starting to grow by hundreds monthly in the late 70's I was listening to him as well today and have been concerned that he continues to head another direction, huge evangelical conventions and over the last 6-7 years has drawn very close the the Billy Grams kids. He has also started selling books and pitches them like some others "special edition" ect. But I'm beginning to ramble so its time to stop. But the fact of the matter is no matter where we sit or hear we are still obligated to seek a personal relationship.