The Kingdom of God

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
so you say, but to my mind this denies Christ wadr. Christ is present right now, and embodied, and "the kingdom is within you" does not = "Jesus is physically in your midst as king," else you would be seeking a kingdom of the world, like pretty much every other Christian waiting for Jesus to come and save them. Again. Or however that is perceived.
no, it do not denies, scriptures, 2 Corinthians 5:16 "Wherefore henceforth know we no man after the flesh: yea, though we have known Christ after the flesh, yet now henceforth know we him no more. 17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new". to the mind it is fleshly, scripture, Romans 14:17 "For the kingdom of God is not meat and drink; but righteousness, and peace, and joy in the Holy Ghost". and the HOLY GHOST is here. for we walk by faith and not by sight.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
no, it do not denies, scriptures, 2 Corinthians 5:16 "Wherefore henceforth know we no man after the flesh: yea, though we have known Christ after the flesh, yet now henceforth know we him no more. 17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new". to the mind it is fleshly, scripture, Romans 14:17 "For the kingdom of God is not meat and drink; but righteousness, and peace, and joy in the Holy Ghost". and the HOLY GHOST is here. for we walk by faith and not by sight.
i don't see how this supports that if Jesus is not physically here, there is no kingdom, sorry.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i don't see how this supports that if Jesus is not physically here, there is no kingdom, sorry.
we are in the world physically, but we're not apart of the world or subject to. Colossians 2:20 "Wherefore if ye be dead with Christ from the rudiments of the world, why, as though living in the world, are ye subject to ordinances?. my reason exactly. Galatians 2:20 "I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me". you're still in the flesh, The Lord Jesus is the Holy Spirit present in us. he dwelleth and rules in our hearts, our minds. Romans 8:5 "For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit. 6 For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace. 7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be. 8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God. 9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his. 10 And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness".

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
we are in the world physically,
well, on the earth, yes; but not in the world
but we're not apart of the world or subject to. Colossians 2:20 "Wherefore if ye be dead with Christ from the rudiments of the world, why, as though living in the world, are ye subject to ordinances?. my reason exactly. Galatians 2:20 "I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me". you're still in the flesh, The Lord Jesus is the Holy Spirit present in us. he dwelleth and rules in our hearts, our minds. Romans 8:5 "For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit. 6 For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace. 7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be. 8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God. 9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his. 10 And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness".
this explains why there is no kingdom if Jesus is not physically present? How?

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
this explains why there is no kingdom if Jesus is not physically present? How?
you still don't get it do you, scripture, Luke 17:20 "And when he was demanded of the Pharisees, when the kingdom of God should come, he answered them and said, The kingdom of God cometh not with observation: 21 "Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you".

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
you still don't get it do you, scripture, Luke 17:20 "And when he was demanded of the Pharisees, when the kingdom of God should come, he answered them and said, The kingdom of God cometh not with observation: 21 "Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you".
now if you would, compare that to

"I should also mention that Yeshua` DID see the Kingdom as being yet future."

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
you lost me here sorry
WHEN HE COMES BACK IN BODILY FORM. BUT THE KINGDOM IS HERE NOW IN SPIRIT.
"I should also mention that Yeshua` DID see the Kingdom as being yet future."
correction, at hand, Mark 1:15 "And saying, The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand: repent ye, and believe the gospel".

Reactions: Helen

skyangel

Realist
Jul 12, 2010
Australia
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Australia
The kingdom of God is WITHIN YOU.
Luke 17:21. Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.
Since it is within you, and you are on Earth in the flesh, the kingdom of God is also on Earth in the flesh.

The kingdom of God is not a physical kingdom but a spiritual state of being.
It is about having inner righteousness, peace and joy.
Rom 14:17 For the kingdom of God is not meat and drink; but righteousness, and peace, and joy in the Holy Ghost.

No physical kingdom of God will ever be on this planet. If it did, it would make Luke 17:21 a total lie because people would be able to say the Kingdom of God is "here" or "there" in some particular location on Earth.

The Kingdom of God was and is and always will be a spiritual state of being in righteousness peace and joy. Some are already in that place and others are obviously not. Those who are not there, are obviously still waiting to get to that place. Some will be waiting till the day they die before they are resting in a place of perfect peace.
However, all die eventually and end up resting in peace forever.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
WHEN HE COMES BACK IN BODILY FORM.
But we are the Body of Christ, 101G
BUT THE KINGDOM IS HERE NOW IN SPIRIT
A spiritual kingdom is all it will ever be though, 101G; it is "not of this world."

i understand that you have been assured of your "eternal life" because of some altar works that you performed in the past, ok; i did all those too. Essentially i was made aware of the prevailing consensus on what happened to souls at death--available in any bar or strip club--and assured that if i did a few things correctly in a "church," Jesus would come back to get me, too.

i even got showed in the Book where it had to be true, as long as no other Scripture was considered, and i let someone else interpret for me. And the guy i let do that was successful and charismatic, drove a Lincoln, had a nice house, all that. How could he possibly be wrong? He went to school for it even.

i ask you to reflect upon the possibility that we were sold a product that we desired that may not conform to the Book at all, ok. Many, many clues. Chief among them might be that you presently know where you are going after you die, and i will not lie to you, i do not know. But of course that would not sell very well, now would it.

I just cannot convey to you how comforting it is to not know anymore; which i guess sounds counter-intuitive, but you don't have to trust if you know, i guess.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But we are the Body of Christ, 101G
is that spiritually or physically?.
A spiritual kingdom is all it will ever be though, 101G; it is "not of this world."
ERROR, Revelation 11:15 "And the seventh angel sounded; and there were great voices in heaven, saying, The kingdoms of this world are become the kingdoms of our Lord, and of his Christ; and he shall reign for ever and ever".
understand bbyrd009, the Lord Jesus return is a two fold return. first in Spirit, (which is), and to come (which is to come), this coming is in two fold, see rev 1:4. this is our Lord's three administration, or dispensation in human history. I thought you knew that. he came on Pentecost, (Spirit) see acts chapter 2. the next fold of his coming is in bodily form, and then he fulfills Psalms 132:11. understand it is God who is a Spirit that will sit on the throne of David physically. how is that? answer for he have a body that came through the woman. supportive scripture, Luke 24:39 "Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have". he now have a body and it is GLORIFIED. that's why his Spirit is in dwelling the believers here on earth ruling in their hearts. and he, the diversity of himself, sits now as we speak in heaven until his enemies becomes his footstool (Psalms 110:1) . and when the kingdom is delivered up afterward he will return in that glorified body and this time every eye will see him then, (Rev 1:7). bbyrd009, you should know these things.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
is that spiritually or physically?.

ERROR, Revelation 11:15 "And the seventh angel sounded; and there were great voices in heaven, saying, The kingdoms of this world are become the kingdoms of our Lord, and of his Christ; and he shall reign for ever and ever".
understand bbyrd009, the Lord Jesus return is a two fold return. first in Spirit, (which is), and to come (which is to come), this coming is in two fold, see rev 1:4. this is our Lord's three administration, or dispensation in human history. I thought you knew that. he came on Pentecost, (Spirit) see acts chapter 2. the next fold of his coming is in bodily form, and then he fulfills Psalms 132:11. understand it is God who is a Spirit that will sit on the throne of David physically. how is that? answer for he have a body that came through the woman. supportive scripture, Luke 24:39 "Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have". he now have a body and it is GLORIFIED. that's why his Spirit is in dwelling the believers here on earth ruling in their hearts. and he, the diversity of himself, sits now as we speak in heaven until his enemies becomes his footstool (Psalms 110:1) . and when the kingdom is delivered up afterward he will return in that glorified body and this time every eye will see him then, (Rev 1:7). bbyrd009, you should know these things.
i know what the wolves try to make of that ok, and i know that you desire for Jesus to come physically take possession of David's throne, ok, but that does not mean it is going to happen in the manner that seems logical to us from these passages.

Christ is already on the throne, or He is not, and that is up to you to decide. You are either the Body of Christ, or you are not, and i thought you knew these as well. You are waiting for Jesus to come back and do something else before the kingdom can be realized for you, and Jesus has done all that He needs to do already.

Human free will is not going to be abrogated by God on Earth at some point, as you must believe in your current model. The kingdom will certainly advance; just as you have no desire to live in the conditions of even 100 years ago, on the one hand, yet you would surely also agree that "things were better yesterday than they are today." Which one is true?

So see that you are asking me to believe what the rest of the developed world already believes, and is mirrored to us 1000 times a day in movies and the news, this Great Big Thing That Is About To Happen.

I'm not saying that none of what you are reading will come true, ok, just that it is logically perceived as being a worldwide, miraculous event common to everyone, "every eye will see Him," which you naturally take to mean that your and every other physical eye will see a physical Jesus on a physical throne at some point, and all of your dreams will then come true, and you won't have to be the Body of Christ any more--in fact, how can you be now, if you believe that Jesus is bodily returning? This is "see and not see."

You live in a miracle right now lol--if you described your life to someone from 100 years ago, they would be sure that you were lying. Understand the parable of Esau, who despised his birthright; because it is a parable for believers imo, the Book wastes no time in preaching to the lost. See that Judas expected Jesus to accept the crown, too.

Do you understand why people want a king?

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your Opinion mean nothing to me, please show scriptures to say otherwise, else your opinions you can keep to yourself. Now if you have scripture the dialog is open. If not your opinion is mute

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
ha that is all Scripture, pretty much, i challenge you to pick out a phrase that is not Scriptural. You are just running because you cannot answer, and don't want to admit that Scripture gives no hard and fast answers like what you are suggesting.

You cannot give me a single answer from Scripture that cannot be Scripturally disputed. Ergo opinion is all you got, regardless of how convinced you are that it came from Scripture.

"The Bible says it and i believe it, and that settles it" is just a way to stay blind, and if you doubt that then i invite you to quote one single thing that the Bible states uniquivocally.

People want a king so they can reject God, whether or not it gets phrased that way is irrelevant. The Scripture for that is in Samuel somewhere, 1Sam, i'll go dig it up if you need me to. 1Sam8, at the bottom.

Last edited:

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ha that is all Scripture, pretty much, i challenge you to pick out a phrase that is not Scriptural. You are just running because you cannot answer, and don't want to admit that Scripture gives no hard and fast answers like what you are suggesting.

You cannot give me a single answer from Scripture that cannot be Scripturally disputed. Ergo opinion is all you got, regardless of how convinced you are that it came from Scripture.

"The Bible says it and i believe it, and that settles it" is just a way to stay blind, and if you doubt that then i invite you to quote one single thing that the Bible states uniquivocally.

People want a king so they can reject God, whether or not it gets phrased that way is irrelevant. The Scripture for that is in Samuel somewhere, 1Sam, i'll go dig it up if you need me to. 1Sam8, at the bottom.
that is all Scripture, I haven't seen not one scripture posted from you. now I challenge you to post a scripture that state that the Lords return is not two fold, and that the Lord Jesus is NOT King in spirit and in flesh. well..... I'm waiting.... (smile).

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
that is all Scripture, I haven't seen not one scripture posted from you. now I challenge you to post a scripture that state that the Lords return is not two fold, and that the Lord Jesus is NOT King in spirit and in flesh. well..... I'm waiting.... (smile).
k so as usual, when you answer my questions i'll answer yours lol. Look, i would not dispute that Christ is manifest more today than yesterday, and will be more tomorrow than today, in the earth. Rev tells us "step by step," likely expressing the same thing.

But by "two-fold" you mean you believe in a glorious physical Second Coming, right, and all i am saying is that there is another interpretation, that is equally valid, and no one really knows. These are perspectives. I cannot prove or even say that you are wrong, and being as how the physical descends from the spiritual, and heaven will surely come to earth one day, what you have in your mind could easily come to pass someday for all i know.

hearing of any wars, or rumors of wars? Then guess what, you are not in that time. You are not even in the right generation, and prolly not even the right era.

So it isn't so much the conclusions i disagree with as the perceived mechanism by which these conclusions will manifest; you would surely prophesy to me that some singular, likely miraculous "event" is about to occur, or must occur, that is generally believed to be the actual assumption of this crown/marriage supper, when there is a much better way to look at it, that Christ merely awaits a Prepared Bride, who has built their house on the rock. Armageddon ends, for you, when you die.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So it isn't so much the conclusions i disagree with as the perceived mechanism by which these conclusions will manifest; you would surely prophesy to me that some singular, likely miraculous "event" is about to occur, or must occur, that is generally believed to be the actual assumption of this crown/marriage supper, when there is a much better way to look at it, that Christ merely awaits a Prepared Bride, who has built their house on the rock. Armageddon ends, for you, when you die.
#1. I don't prophesy that some singular, likely miraculous "event" is about to occur. it is written in scripture. see that's why I asked you for scripture.
#2. Then you said, "when there is a much better way to look at it, that Christ merely awaits a Prepared Bride, who has built their house on the rock". Christ have his bride already, it's just a matter of consummation.... (smile).