The Kingdom of God

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@VictoryinJesus And then the "why" of parables:

"10) And the disciples came, and said unto him, Why speakest thou unto them in parables?
11) He answered and said unto them, Because it is given unto you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it is not given.
12) For whosoever hath, to him shall be given, and he shall have more abundance: but whosoever hath not, from him shall be taken away even that he hath.
13) Therefore speak I to them in parables: because they seeing see not; and hearing they hear not, neither do they understand.
14) And in them is fulfilled the prophecy of Esaias, which saith, By hearing ye shall hear, and shall not understand; and seeing ye shall see, and shall not perceive:
15) For this people's heart is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes they have closed; lest at any time they should see with their eyes and hear with their ears, and should understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them.
16) But blessed are your eyes, for they see: and your ears, for they hear.
17) For verily I say unto you, That many prophets and righteous men have desired to see those things which ye see, and have not seen them; and to hear those things which ye hear, and have not heard them." Matt 13:10-17

What will be taken away from us as per verse 12?
From those "who hath ears to hear" [13:9] but does not hear for lack of interest or attention, perhaps it is the "ears to hear" that are taken away. They refuse to use properly what God provided and that is removed from them.

Poor stewardship!

See that also here:

"24) Then he which had received the one talent came and said, Lord, I knew thee that thou art an hard man, reaping where thou hast not sown, and gathering where thou hast not strowed:
25) And I was afraid, and went and hid thy talent in the earth: lo, there thou hast that is thine.
26) His lord answered and said unto him, Thou wicked and slothful servant, thou knewest that I reap where I sowed not, and gather where I have not strowed:
27) Thou oughtest therefore to have put my money to the exchangers, and then at my coming I should have received mine own with usury.
28) Take therefore the talent from him, and give it unto him which hath ten talents.
29) For unto every one that hath shall be given, and he shall have abundance: but from him that hath not shall be taken away even that which he hath." Matt 25:24-29

Reactions: VictoryinJesus