The Last Days that began in 1914 are now coming to their End…

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi 1300, the last days that Bro Rondo was referring to, was the ones concerning Jesus' presence found at Mat 24. Jesus was referring to the time period of when he received the crown, and when satan was kicked out of heaven to the earth, to the time that satan and those who follow him are removed from the earth. We are nearing the end of that time period now sir.
Ultimately, for each of us, is not the time that matters, our time period allotted to during which we may choose which way to travel for ourselves... toward God or toward mammon? My actual physical time exposed to the natural light of the sun began in December of 1943, but I made no decisions for myself for several years after that.

The end of my allotted time arrives when I am no longer able to make any more decisions, which probably means when I am about to draw my final breath as a man of flesh. At my current age of 77 years it could easily occur long before the 2034 end date mentioned by @BroRando in his OP. God has allowed each of us our period of time.

Is not what we do with our allotted period of time for God or for mammon ultimately what matters? On this point we probably agree. Why would those dates of 1914 or 2034 even if they really were the beginning and ending of something definite as per the written scriptures make a difference for a person who does not know he will live until 2034? The youngest one among us could be killed in an automobile accident before the sun goes down today...

Reactions: BroRando

BroRando

May 1, 2021
Arizona
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why would those dates of 1914 or 2034 even if they really were the beginning and ending of something definite as per the written scriptures make a difference for a person who does not know he will live until 2034?
2034 is not an end date for the earth, but rather, the end of Satan's Rulership over the earth. "Woe for the earth and for the sea, because the Devil has come down to you, having great anger, knowing that he has a short period of time." (Rev 12:12)

Religious Zealots for Satan do not want Satan's woes to be brought to an end here on the earth. It's coming to an end. This is a cause for celebration is it not? Certainly not for the Religious Zealots for Satan who do not want Satan's woes to be brought to an end. Thus is the reason for fierce opposition to Satan's Last Days.

For those who die before 2034, only die a temporary death. Why? "And I have hope toward God, which hope these men also look forward to, that there is going to be a resurrection of both the righteous and the unrighteous." (Acts 24:15)

However, those who die AFTER 2034 die a permanent death of everlasting destruction. They will die forever. The Great Crowd continue living and are restored in a physical manner. (Rev 7:14) Keep On Living into Christ's Millennial Reign...

• "He forgives all your errors And heals all your ailments; He reclaims your life from the pit And crowns you with his loyal love and mercy. He satisfies you with good things all your life, So that your youth is renewed like that of an eagle." (Psalm 103:3-5)
  • "Let his flesh become fresher than in youth; Let him return to the days of his youthful vigor." (Job 33:25)

Last edited:

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's not very Christian like. What a meanie...

The Jewish System of things ended with the death of Jesus Christ Friday afternoon at 3 pm on Nisan 14th, 33CE. Worldly onlookers were not privy to the curtain of the covenant being rented in two. Years later that Temple brought to its' end in 70 CE and then replaced by a foreign god to rule over Israel from the temple mount that was forsaken.

The Kingdom of God is a Heavenly Government. It first would cleanse the Heaven of Satan and his hordes which has already occurred. The earth is now feeling the woes. "Woe for the earth and for the sea, because the Devil has come down to you, having great anger, knowing that he has a short period of time." (Rev 12:12)

Soon, God's Kingdom will bring all the earthly governments of Satan to nothing. Once the Last Days come to their end, the time for repentance will have ended. "In the days of those kings the God of heaven will set up a kingdom that will never be destroyed. And this kingdom will not be passed on to any other people. It will crush and put an end to all these kingdoms, and it alone will stand forever." (Daniel 2:44) It is written, so it will come to pass.

We do not force Salvation on anyone.

Well I will not apologize for lashing out at the blasphemy the WT vomits out and folks like you have been captured by. I care for your freedom from these lies.

The Watchtower until 1930 taught the Kingdom was established in 1874! (Judge Rutherfords book "Prophecy" a yellow covered book)

What they have commented on about 1914 has changed at least a dozen times over the years! Not a good thing for an org. that calls itself Gods prophet like organization and Gods' sole channel of communication.

Of course they do notr force salvation on anyone, by denying the physical resurrection of Jesus, they themselves are unsaved and keep people like you from getting saved!

BroRando

May 1, 2021
Arizona
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well I will not apologize for lashing out at the blasphemy the WT vomits out and folks like you have been captured by. I care for your freedom from these lies.

The Watchtower until 1930 taught the Kingdom was established in 1874! (Judge Rutherfords book "Prophecy" a yellow covered book)

What they have commented on about 1914 has changed at least a dozen times over the years! Not a good thing for an org. that calls itself Gods prophet like organization and Gods' sole channel of communication.

Of course they do notr force salvation on anyone, by denying the physical resurrection of Jesus, they themselves are unsaved and keep people like you from getting saved!

Religious Zealots for Satan do not want Satan's woes to be brought to an end here on the earth. It's coming to an end. This is a cause for celebration is it not? Certainly not for the Religious Zealots for Satan who do not want Satan's woes to be brought to an end. Thus is the reason for fierce opposition to Satan's Last Days.

2034 is not an end date for the earth, but rather, the end of Satan's Rulership over the earth. "Woe for the earth and for the sea, because the Devil has come down to you, having great anger, knowing that he has a short period of time." (Rev 12:12)

For those who die before 2034, only die a temporary death. Why? "And I have hope toward God, which hope these men also look forward to, that there is going to be a resurrection of both the righteous and the unrighteous." (Acts 24:15)

However, those who die AFTER 2034 die a permanent death of everlasting destruction. They will die forever. The Great Crowd continue living and are restored in a physical manner. (Rev 7:14) Keep On Living into Christ's Millennial Reign...

• "He forgives all your errors And heals all your ailments; He reclaims your life from the pit And crowns you with his loyal love and mercy. He satisfies you with good things all your life, So that your youth is renewed like that of an eagle." (Psalm 103:3-5)
  • "Let his flesh become fresher than in youth; Let him return to the days of his youthful vigor." (Job 33:25)

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Another JW promoting the false teachings of the Watchtower! The last days began when Israel became a nation again according to numerous prophecies of the OT!

Jesus did not establish His kingdom on earth in 1914. If this is how He reigns then everyone should question just how righteous He is! It is written He will rule with a rod of iron- but if He is ruling as the Watchtower alleges- then it is with a rod of marshmallow.
For sure dear friend . Has anyone bothered to look at israel , the jews , they are just as lost in sin
as is the rest of the world . The embrace the same sex , many do . many still outright reject Christ .
Between the adventists , mormons , and Jw , we got us some serious deadly and serious blasphemous teachings going on .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Truth is its all over protestant churches as well , and ITS massive within the RCC . The harlot is busy uniting all faiths
as well as all other religoins to be as one . This unity is bad news for all who embrace it .
Let us continue on in the one original gospel given by Christ , given by the apostles .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I differ with you and with most organized Christian groups or denominations on too many of the things you mentioned on this post to address them all easily or quickly. Understand that my differences are not only with your group but with perhaps all groups. But there are individuals who agree with me on many things in the scriptures and in God. So then who is part of the Body of Christ and who is not? God knows that too!

Reactions: Shattered

BroRando

May 1, 2021
Arizona
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But there are individuals who agree with me on many things in the scriptures and in God. So then who is part of the Body of Christ and who is not? God knows that too!

At that time those who fear Jehovah spoke with one another, each one with his companion, and Jehovah kept paying attention and listening. And a book of remembrance was written before him for those fearing Jehovah and for those meditating on his Name. (Malachi 3:16)

Despite that, the solid foundation of God remains standing, having this seal, “Jehovah knows those who belong to him,” and, “Let everyone calling on the name of Jehovah renounce unrighteousness.” (2 Timothy 2:19)

And I saw another angel ascending from the sunrise, having a seal of the living God; and he called with a loud voice to the four angels to whom it was granted to harm the earth and the sea. (Rev 7:2)

"You are the Christ, the son of the living God." (Matthew 16:16)

Reactions: amadeus

Shattered

Mar 25, 2021
Western United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's not possible to cover the entirety of the Watchtower's incoherent blather here. A few samples:

Armageddon will commence in 1915. (The Time Is At Hand, 1881)

Armageddon will commence in 1914. (The Time Is at Hand, 1889)

Armageddon will commence in 1941. (Watchtower, 9/15/1941, page 288)

Jesus Christ is to be worshipped. (Watchtower, 7/15/1898, page 216)

Jesus Christ is not to be worshipped. (Awake, 12/22/1987, page 22)

I pray for those trapped by the Watchtower, that the Lord will have mercy and deliver them from that den of iniquity.

BroRando

May 1, 2021
Arizona
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

"During that time {Jesus Christ} will stand up, the Great Prince who is standing in behalf of your people. And there will occur a time of distress such as has not occurred since there came to be a nation until that time. And during that time your people will escape, everyone who is found written down in the book." (Daniel 12:1)

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Last Days that began in 1914 are now coming to their End...

Would you like to be a Survivor of the Last Days?

"But know this, that in the last days critical times hard to deal with will be here." (2 Timothy 3:1) The Last Days (pangs of distress) do not last for an exhaustive period of time but do have an ending to them. It's an allotment period of time of 120 years, like the Days of Noah. This allotment is a Conclusion of a System of things.

As Christ Millennial approaches, we will soon bring an end to our Preaching Work to those associated with (2 Timothy 3:1-5) for the end of an Age has come. It's not the end of the world but rather the End of An Age of Wickedness.

• "And this good news of the Kingdom will be preached in all the inhabited earth for a witness to all the nations, and then the end will come." (Matthew 24:14)

• "... and from these turn away." (2 Timothy 3:5)
Our Preaching Work does not come to end as a whole, but rather the preaching work comes to an end for those who are wicked. Those whom are Survivors of the End of the Last Days (a conclusion of a system of things) will have a satisfying work ahead of them during Christ's Millennial Reign, including the preaching work to the righteous and unrighteous who are resurrected on earth. Notice those who were counted wicked have no resurrection, they are dead forever, therefore once the Last Days have concluded, their time to turn around and repent will have concluded once and for all time.

I'm just curious about dates - what does a date have to do with anything? Is there a particular reason that gives timelines for something to happen. Is there an explanation for a need to know ,- why does a person need to know a particular date of some event? If something happens in the world why is it necessary to know why, when, what, and so on?

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
As far as I can see, the Last Days began when Christ went to heaven.
The birth pains have been going on ever since.
But yes, there's more of it now.

Was going to say.... After Christ went to Heaven, even though Christianity spread, there were massive persecutions, and there are still massive persecutions going on in many parts of the world, especially Asia and the Middle East and parts of Africa, especially Northern Africa.

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Was going to say.... After Christ went to Heaven, even though Christianity spread, there were massive persecutions, and there are still massive persecutions going on in many parts of the world, especially Asia and the Middle East and parts of Africa, especially Northern Africa.

And also to mention, in the Western nations, the Devil is trying to wreck marriage, because Biblically marriage a union between a man and woman, was created in the image of God.

Curtis

Apr 6, 2021
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Another JW promoting the false teachings of the Watchtower! The last days began when Israel became a nation again according to numerous prophecies of the OT!

Jesus did not establish His kingdom on earth in 1914. If this is how He reigns then everyone should question just how righteous He is! It is written He will rule with a rod of iron- but if He is ruling as the Watchtower alleges- then it is with a rod of marshmallow.

Looks like the last days started on Pentecost:

Act 2:16 But this is that which was spoken by the prophet Joel;

Act 2:17 And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams:

Also:

Hebrews 1:1 God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets,

Heb 1:2 Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;

Curtis

Apr 6, 2021
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Just a little while longer, and the wicked will be no more; You will look at where they were, And they will not be there. And they will find exquisite delight in the abundance of peace." (Psalm 37:10-11)

See how the wicked respond to the Good News of God's Kingdom? There is No Peace until the wicked are removed.

Big surprise there. Not.

JWs think they’re the only ones to know about the kingdom.

And Since Jesus said most will be damned, and few will be saved, it’s kinda redundant to preach to the choir, so to speak, about the amount of the wicked that exists.

Curtis

Apr 6, 2021
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Satan was Defeated.... boo hoo Cry me a river.....:eek:

"And war broke out in heaven: {Jesus Christ and his angels} battled with the dragon, and the dragon and its angels battled but they did not prevail, nor was a place found for them any longer in heaven." (Rev 12:7-8)

I heard a loud voice in heaven say: “Now have come to pass the salvation and the power and the Kingdom of our God and the authority of his Christ, because the accuser of our brothers has been
hurled down, who accuses them day and night before our God! (Rev 12:10)

Revelation 12 is in the middle of the coming tribulation - it’s not happened yet.

Those in Judea have not yet fled into the desert for 3.5 years with the Antichrist chasing them, per Matthew 24:15-24 and Revelation 12:1.

Curtis

Apr 6, 2021
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As far as I can see, the Last Days began when Christ went to heaven.
The birth pains have been going on ever since.
But yes, there's more of it now.

That’s very close to the start of the last days, which started when the HS fell on the 120 in the upper room, at Pentecost, as Peter explained in Acts:

Act 2:15 For these are not drunken, as ye suppose, seeing it is but the third hour of the day.

Act 2:16 But this is that which was spoken by the prophet Joel;

Act 2:17 And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams:

The watchtower has it wrong, the last days didn’t start in 1914 - they are off by 18 centuries.

Shalom.

ReChoired

Nov 26, 2019
Region
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have some questions. It concerns the time prophecies as understood by the WTS/JW org. I would like to cite from their common books, which I have here in front of me, and then ask a few questions.

Original link: https://i.ibb.co/DVgg8vk/AWHN-Bible-Timeline-Jehovahs-Witnesses-Time-Chart.jpg

AWHN-Bible-Timeline-Jehovahs-Witnesses-Time-Chart.jpg

Question 01 - Is this timelime (picture) accurately representing the WTS/JW prophetic timeline as understood in their source materials?

Question 02 - Are the following statements accurate and perfect quotations from "Pay Attention to Daniel's Prophecy":

In regards the WTS/JW timeline above, the '2,520' it is written in Pay Attention to Daniel's Prophecy:

PADP, page 96 reads, "... [28] Since the "seven times" are prophetic, we must apply to the 2,520 days the Scriptural rule: "A day for a year." This rule is set out in a prophecy regarding the Babylonian siege of Jerusalem. (Ezekiel 4:6,7 compare Numbers 14:34.) ..."

In regards the WTS/JW timeline above, the '2,300' it is written in Pay Attention To Daniel' Prophecy:

PADP, page 177 reads, "... The 2,300 days constitute a prophetic period. Hence, a prophetic year of 360 days is involved. (Revelation 11:2,3, 12:6,14) This 2,300 days, then, would amount to 6 years, 4 months and 20 days. ..."

Question 03 - If Questions 01 and 02 are answered in the affirmative ('Yes'), then How can the WTS/JW say that the '2,520' of Daniel 4, according to their theology, needs to have the 'day for a year' principle, as cited, applied which makes for 2,520 natural years, and when it comes to the '2,300' of Daniel 8:14, which the WTS/JW org. say "constitute a prophetic period", and not apply the same rule therein, as done to the '2,520' which are the "prophetic" "seven times"? (This question is asking about consistency in application of said "Scriptural rule" in WTS.JW theology)

Question 04 - According to WTS/JW theology/doctrines, can anyone provide sourced documentation (available to be read online, PDF, etc) on what the WTS/JW org teaches on the following time prophecies (or if they are time prophecies at all), when they occurred, or will occur:

Daniel 11:14 (KJB) - "in those times"
Daniel 11:24 (KJB) - "even for a time"
Daniel 11:40 (KJB) - "at the time of the end"
Revelation 2:10 (KJB) - "tribulation ten days"
Revelation 3:10 (KJB) - "the hour of temptation"
Revelation 8:1 (KJB) - "about the space of half an hour"
Revelation 9:5,6,10 (KJB) - "five months", "those days", "five months"
Revelation 9:15 (KJB) - "an hour, and a day, and a month, and a year"
Revelation 10:6 (KJB) - "that there should be time no longer"
Revelation 11:9,11 (KJB) - "three days and an half"
Revelation 17:12 (KJB) - "one hour"

Also, are the times of Revelation 11:2,3, 12:6,14, 13:5, differing or the same timeframes as found in Daniel 7:25, 12:7 (please expound briefly with source citation)?

Question 05 - Why does the WTS/JW timeline (above), begin the 7 heads of Revelation 17 with [1] "Egypt" and [2] "Assyria" (PADP, page 165), rather than Babylon?