The Last Days

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Acts 2:17https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Acts+2:17&version=KJV
And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams

Hebrews 1

1 God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets,

2 Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;

2 Peter 3
3 Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts,

4 And saying, Where is the promise of his coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation.

James 5:3
Your gold and silver is cankered; and the rust of them shall be a witness against you, and shall eat your flesh as it were fire. Ye have heaped treasure together for the last days.

2 Timothy 3:1
This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.

"Last Days" which last around 2,000 years?

Here's an idea I've heard, I'm interested in your thoughts.

Each of these were addressed to someone, within a context.

Hebrews speaks of "These last days", which were the last days of the covenant of Law, that which was disappearing and getting ready to vanish.

Paul wrote to Timothy as the pastor of a church in the current age, and speaks of the Last Days of the Church.

Peter, writing in Acts, is speaking of "these last days", but then in his letter, near the end of his life, "there shall come in the Last Days scoffers", showing he sees these last days still future. It's the promise of His coming, the Last Days of the age.

What do you think?

Much love!

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The phrase "last days" merely applies according to the context of where it is stated in Scripture. There is no last days stand-alone doctrine taught in God's Word. It's always in association with other Scripture indicators that reveal how far along the time is, because "last days" is usually pointing ultimately to the final day of Christ's 2nd coming.