The Law of Moses Has Not Been Abolished

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

christiang

May 24, 2017
Fort Lauderdale
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
so imo "cover woman's head" gets the same treatment that "speaking in tongues" does, and becomes an unintelligible ritual that makes no sense, when it could easily be in line with the other vv about "women," women "being silent in church" etc, "woman" here having a spiritual symbology, and "covering her head" having an obvious symbology of its own. And SiT seems no less obvious to me, just gaining the ability to "speak someone's language," i mean we even have an idiom for it lol.

Head coverings are for wives, not all women in general, where the covering is a sign of marriage, that she has come under submission. The Tzniut, Wives and Head Coverings | Wisdom of God

christiang

May 24, 2017
Fort Lauderdale
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
christiang, please read my post again. Paul said (in Romans 7:1-4) that Christ (the husband) died to release Israel (the wife) from the law (the old covenant). Once Israel was released from the old covenant, they were free to remarry Christ under the new covenant.

Please provide scriptural references so I can better follow your arguments. Thanks.

Rev 20

Read these three studies,

The Law of Moses Has Not Been Abolished | Wisdom of God
Why the Law Is Not Abolished, Yet Circumcision, Festivals, Sacrifices, Sabbaths, Foods Are No Longer Observed | Wisdom of God
Repentance and Sin No More, Perfection and Born of the Spirit | Wisdom of God

Rev20

Oct 27, 2017
Greenville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Read these three studies,

Christiang, again, Christ died to release Israel from the old covenant (Rom 7:1-4). Nothing you wrote in any of those links changes that fact. Besides, Christ said that everything that was written (Moses and the prophets) would be fulfilled when Jerusalem was surrounded by armies:

"And when ye [disciples] shall see Jerusalem compassed with armies, then know that the desolation thereof is nigh. Then let them which are in Judaea flee to the mountains; and let them which are in the midst of it depart out; and let not them that are in the countries enter thereinto. For these be the days of vengeance, that all things which are written may be fulfilled." -- Luk 21:20-22 KJV

That happened in A.D. 66 when the Roman troops of Cestius Gallus surrounded Jersualem after the Jews rebelled against Rome:

"4. But now Cestius, observing that the disturbances that were begun among the Jews afforded him a proper opportunity to attack them, took his whole [Roman] army along with him, and put the Jews to flight, and pursued them to Jerusalem. He then pitched his camp upon the elevation called Scopus, [or watch-tower,] which was distant seven furlongs from the city; yet did not he assault them in three days' time, out of expectation that those within might perhaps yield a little; and in the mean time he sent out a great many of his soldiers into neighboring villages, to seize upon their corn. And on the fourth day, which was the thirtieth of the month Hyperbereteus, [Tisri,] when he had put his army in array, he brought it into the city. Now for the people, they were kept under by the seditious; but the seditious themselves were greatly affrighted at the good order of the Romans, and retired from the suburbs, and retreated into the inner part of the city, and into the temple." [Flavius Josephus, "The Complete Works: Wars of the Jews." Christian Classics Ethereal Library, 1934, Book II.19.4, Luk 21:20, pp.1269-70]

The days of vengeance that followed were also foretold in the Song of Moses:

"If I whet my glittering sword, and mine hand take hold on judgment; I will render vengeance to mine enemies, and will reward them that hate me. I will make mine arrows drunk with blood, and my sword shall devour flesh; and that with the blood of the slain and of the captives, from the beginning of revenges upon the enemy. Rejoice, O ye nations, with his people: for he will avenge the blood of his servants, and will render vengeance to his adversaries, and will be merciful unto his land, and to his people." -- Deu 32:41-43 KJV

The first century Jewish leadership and Jerusalem were charged with the blood of the servants:

"Therefore also said the wisdom of God, I will send them prophets and apostles, and some of them they shall slay and persecute: That the blood of all the prophets, which was shed from the foundation of the world, may be required of this generation; From the blood of Abel unto the blood of Zacharias which perished between the altar and the temple: verily I say unto you, It shall be required of this generation." -- Luk 11:49-51 KJV

"Nevertheless I must walk to day, and to morrow, and the day following: for it cannot be that a prophet perish out of Jerusalem. O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, which killest the prophets, and stonest them that are sent unto thee; how often would I have gathered thy children together, as a hen doth gather her brood under her wings, and ye would not!" -- Luk 13:33-34 KJV

Moses called that generation a "perverse generation":

"They have corrupted themselves, their spot is not the spot of his children: they are a perverse and crooked generation." -- Deu 32:5 KJV

So did Christ:

"Then Jesus answered and said, O faithless and perverse generation, how long shall I be with you? how long shall I suffer you? bring him hither to me." -- Mat 17:17 KJV

So did Peter:

"And with many other words did he testify and exhort, saying, Save yourselves from this untoward [perverse] generation." -- Acts 2:40 KJV

So did Paul:

"That ye may be blameless and harmless, the sons of God, without rebuke, in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation, among whom ye shine as lights in the world;" -- Phi 2:15 KJV

That was the only "perverse generation" I could find in the scripture.

As you can see, Christ not only died to release Israel from the old covenant, but foretold the fulfillment of the law and the prophets within his own generation during the days of the Jewish rebellion against Rome.

Rev

Reactions: bbyrd009

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Head coverings are for wives, not all women in general, where the covering is a sign of marriage, that she has come under submission. The Tzniut, Wives and Head Coverings | Wisdom of God
yes, and "milk and meat should not be put on the same shelf," too, right. But ty anyway

long hair is a head covering, scarves are for head covering, there is prolly even a head covering ceremony or ritual, lol, but no one knows what they are talking about @ "female head covering" nonetheless.

christiang

May 24, 2017
Fort Lauderdale
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Christiang, again, Christ died to release Israel from the old covenant (Rom 7:1-4). Nothing you wrote in any of those links changes that fact. Besides, Christ said that everything that was written (Moses and the prophets) would be fulfilled when Jerusalem was surrounded by armies:

"And when ye [disciples] shall see Jerusalem compassed with armies, then know that the desolation thereof is nigh. Then let them which are in Judaea flee to the mountains; and let them which are in the midst of it depart out; and let not them that are in the countries enter thereinto. For these be the days of vengeance, that all things which are written may be fulfilled." -- Luk 21:20-22 KJV

That happened in A.D. 66 when the Roman troops of Cestius Gallus surrounded Jersualem after the Jews rebelled against Rome:

"4. But now Cestius, observing that the disturbances that were begun among the Jews afforded him a proper opportunity to attack them, took his whole [Roman] army along with him, and put the Jews to flight, and pursued them to Jerusalem. He then pitched his camp upon the elevation called Scopus, [or watch-tower,] which was distant seven furlongs from the city; yet did not he assault them in three days' time, out of expectation that those within might perhaps yield a little; and in the mean time he sent out a great many of his soldiers into neighboring villages, to seize upon their corn. And on the fourth day, which was the thirtieth of the month Hyperbereteus, [Tisri,] when he had put his army in array, he brought it into the city. Now for the people, they were kept under by the seditious; but the seditious themselves were greatly affrighted at the good order of the Romans, and retired from the suburbs, and retreated into the inner part of the city, and into the temple." [Flavius Josephus, "The Complete Works: Wars of the Jews." Christian Classics Ethereal Library, 1934, Book II.19.4, Luk 21:20, pp.1269-70]

The days of vengeance that followed were also foretold in the Song of Moses:

"If I whet my glittering sword, and mine hand take hold on judgment; I will render vengeance to mine enemies, and will reward them that hate me. I will make mine arrows drunk with blood, and my sword shall devour flesh; and that with the blood of the slain and of the captives, from the beginning of revenges upon the enemy. Rejoice, O ye nations, with his people: for he will avenge the blood of his servants, and will render vengeance to his adversaries, and will be merciful unto his land, and to his people." -- Deu 32:41-43 KJV

The first century Jewish leadership and Jerusalem were charged with the blood of the servants:

"Therefore also said the wisdom of God, I will send them prophets and apostles, and some of them they shall slay and persecute: That the blood of all the prophets, which was shed from the foundation of the world, may be required of this generation; From the blood of Abel unto the blood of Zacharias which perished between the altar and the temple: verily I say unto you, It shall be required of this generation." -- Luk 11:49-51 KJV

"Nevertheless I must walk to day, and to morrow, and the day following: for it cannot be that a prophet perish out of Jerusalem. O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, which killest the prophets, and stonest them that are sent unto thee; how often would I have gathered thy children together, as a hen doth gather her brood under her wings, and ye would not!" -- Luk 13:33-34 KJV

Moses called that generation a "perverse generation":

"They have corrupted themselves, their spot is not the spot of his children: they are a perverse and crooked generation." -- Deu 32:5 KJV

So did Christ:

"Then Jesus answered and said, O faithless and perverse generation, how long shall I be with you? how long shall I suffer you? bring him hither to me." -- Mat 17:17 KJV

So did Peter:

"And with many other words did he testify and exhort, saying, Save yourselves from this untoward [perverse] generation." -- Acts 2:40 KJV

So did Paul:

"That ye may be blameless and harmless, the sons of God, without rebuke, in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation, among whom ye shine as lights in the world;" -- Phi 2:15 KJV

That was the only "perverse generation" I could find in the scripture.

As you can see, Christ not only died to release Israel from the old covenant, but foretold the fulfillment of the law and the prophets within his own generation during the days of the Jewish rebellion against Rome.

Rev

No, covenant and Law are two distinct things, this is something that Gentiles commonly do not understand, and throw in covenant and Law as if they were the same thing. The covenant of Abraham has not been done away with, because it is premised on the promise of inheriting land, which to this day he still has not inherited. And it was through this covenant, hundreds of years later, that Law came forth through Moses. It is the Law that those who are born of the Spirit die to, not the covenant of Abraham, for those who are circumcised in the flesh bear the sign of the old covenant, yet those who are circumcised in the heart bear the sign of the new covenant, which is premised on better promises, yet based on the old covenant, for those in the new covenant will also inherit land along with those in the old covenant, all at the second coming of Jesus Christ.

christiang

May 24, 2017
Fort Lauderdale
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Woman can speak anytime, that is a man imposed law, not God. God will use whom HE will use, God forbid you argue with Him over that one.

I concern myself with obedience to the word of God, not with idiots who discard plain teachings of scripture because they do not understand.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Woman can speak anytime, that is a man imposed law, not God. God will use whom HE will use, God forbid you argue with Him over that one.
you might see that it is pointless to argue, period, about it, with anyone. The Scripture is given in such a way so that those who understand the symbology get it--and the Book even has primers for this concept--and those who read literally do not, and there are plenty of clues to this in the Book already. There are no male or female in the kingdom, and the Book is kingdom law, written so as to be seen and not seen, imo precisely so that those who would oppress are revealed by their literal interpretation, in this case @ "women."

iow let those under the law continue to keep milk and meat on separate refrigerator shelves, what do you care, as long as you understand the intent? You aren't going to change anyone's mind that way, and women cannot speak any time just because you say so, so you end up "pulling wheat," or hardening people to an idea unnecessarily, i guess.

^ exhibit A, above.

Last edited:

Rev20

Oct 27, 2017
Greenville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, covenant and Law are two distinct things, this is something that Gentiles commonly do not understand, and throw in covenant and Law as if they were the same thing. The covenant of Abraham has not been done away with, because it is premised on the promise of inheriting land, which to this day he still has not inherited. And it was through this covenant, hundreds of years later, that Law came forth through Moses. It is the Law that those who are born of the Spirit die to, not the covenant of Abraham, for those who are circumcised in the flesh bear the sign of the old covenant, yet those who are circumcised in the heart bear the sign of the new covenant, which is premised on better promises, yet based on the old covenant, for those in the new covenant will also inherit land along with those in the old covenant, all at the second coming of Jesus Christ.

I was not speaking of the Abrahamic covenant, christiang, nor the Davidic covenant, nor the Noahic covenant. I was referring to the covenant God made with Israel regarding the law:

"And he took the book of the covenant, and read in the audience of the people: and they said, All that the Lord hath said will we do, and be obedient. And Moses took the blood, and sprinkled it on the people, and said, Behold the blood of the covenant, which the Lord hath made with you concerning all these words." -- Exo 24:7-8 KJV

That was called the "Sinaic Covenant", the destiny of which Paul explained in these verses:

"But he who was of the bondwoman was born after the flesh; but he of the freewoman was by promise. Which things are an allegory: for these are the two covenants; the one from the mount Sinai, which gendereth to bondage, which is Agar. For this Agar is mount Sinai in Arabia, and answereth to Jerusalem which now is, and is in bondage with her children. But Jerusalem which is above is free, which is the mother of us all." -- Gal 4:23-26 KJV

The old, Sinaic covenant -- the covenant of the Mosaic law -- kept the children of Israel in bondage. Under the new covenant they are free.

Now, read carefully this next part:

"But as then he that was born after the flesh persecuted him that was born after the Spirit, even so it is now. Nevertheless what saith the scripture? Cast out the bondwoman and her son: for the son of the bondwoman shall not be heir with the son of the freewoman. So then, brethren, we are not children of the bondwoman, but of the free." -- Gal 4:29-31 KJV

Those who continue to follow the law (which is impossible, anyway) cannot be heirs, christiang. They are cut off from the people:

"For Moses truly said unto the fathers, A prophet shall the Lord your God raise up unto you of your brethren, like unto me; him shall ye hear in all things whatsoever he shall say unto you. And it shall come to pass, that every soul, which will not hear that prophet, shall be destroyed from among the people." -- Acts 3:22-23 KJV [see also Deut 18:18-19]

Christ died to free Israel from the bondage -- the curse -- of the law:

"The Spirit of the Lord God is upon me; because the Lord hath anointed me to preach good tidings unto the meek; he hath sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to them that are bound;" -- Isa 61:1 KJV

"Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree:" -- Gal 3:13 KJV

The law was temporary, christiang, to bring Israel to Christ:

"But before faith came, we were kept under the law, shut up unto the faith which should afterwards be revealed. Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith. But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster." -- Gal 3:23-25 KJV

It also had faults:

"For if that first covenant had been faultless, then should no place have been sought for the second. For finding fault with them, he saith, Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah:" -- Heb 8:7-8 KJV

The first covenant was ready to vanish away when the book to the Hebrews was written:

"For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more. In that he saith, A new covenant, he hath made the first old. Now that which decayeth and waxeth old is ready to vanish away." -- Heb 8:12-13 KJV

The new covenant was given to Israel at the cross:

"For this is My blood of the new covenant, which is shed for many for the remission of sins." -- Mat 26:28 NKJV

Peter confirmed the covenant, and its remission of sins, early-on in the book of Acts:

"Ye are the children of the prophets, and of the covenant which God made with our fathers, saying unto Abraham, And in thy seed shall all the kindreds of the earth be blessed. Unto you first God, having raised up his Son Jesus, sent him to bless you, in turning away every one of you from his iniquities [sins]." -- Acts 3:25-26 KJV

I don't understand why you don't understand.

Rev

christiang

May 24, 2017
Fort Lauderdale
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was not speaking of the Abrahamic covenant, christiang, nor the Davidic covenant, nor the Noahic covenant. I was referring to the covenant God made with Israel regarding the law:

"And he took the book of the covenant, and read in the audience of the people: and they said, All that the Lord hath said will we do, and be obedient. And Moses took the blood, and sprinkled it on the people, and said, Behold the blood of the covenant, which the Lord hath made with you concerning all these words." -- Exo 24:7-8 KJV

That was called the "Sinaic Covenant", the destiny of which Paul explained in these verses:

"But he who was of the bondwoman was born after the flesh; but he of the freewoman was by promise. Which things are an allegory: for these are the two covenants; the one from the mount Sinai, which gendereth to bondage, which is Agar. For this Agar is mount Sinai in Arabia, and answereth to Jerusalem which now is, and is in bondage with her children. But Jerusalem which is above is free, which is the mother of us all." -- Gal 4:23-26 KJV

The old, Sinaic covenant -- the covenant of the Mosaic law -- kept the children of Israel in bondage. Under the new covenant they are free.

Now, read carefully this next part:

"But as then he that was born after the flesh persecuted him that was born after the Spirit, even so it is now. Nevertheless what saith the scripture? Cast out the bondwoman and her son: for the son of the bondwoman shall not be heir with the son of the freewoman. So then, brethren, we are not children of the bondwoman, but of the free." -- Gal 4:29-31 KJV

Those who continue to follow the law (which is impossible, anyway) cannot be heirs, christiang. They are cut off from the people:

"For Moses truly said unto the fathers, A prophet shall the Lord your God raise up unto you of your brethren, like unto me; him shall ye hear in all things whatsoever he shall say unto you. And it shall come to pass, that every soul, which will not hear that prophet, shall be destroyed from among the people." -- Acts 3:22-23 KJV [see also Deut 18:18-19]

Christ died to free Israel from the bondage -- the curse -- of the law:

"The Spirit of the Lord God is upon me; because the Lord hath anointed me to preach good tidings unto the meek; he hath sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to them that are bound;" -- Isa 61:1 KJV

"Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree:" -- Gal 3:13 KJV

The law was temporary, christiang, to bring Israel to Christ:

"But before faith came, we were kept under the law, shut up unto the faith which should afterwards be revealed. Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith. But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster." -- Gal 3:23-25 KJV

It also had faults:

"For if that first covenant had been faultless, then should no place have been sought for the second. For finding fault with them, he saith, Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah:" -- Heb 8:7-8 KJV

The first covenant was ready to vanish away when the book to the Hebrews was written:

"For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more. In that he saith, A new covenant, he hath made the first old. Now that which decayeth and waxeth old is ready to vanish away." -- Heb 8:12-13 KJV

The new covenant was given to Israel at the cross:

"For this is My blood of the new covenant, which is shed for many for the remission of sins." -- Mat 26:28 NKJV

Peter confirmed the covenant, and its remission of sins, early-on in the book of Acts:

"Ye are the children of the prophets, and of the covenant which God made with our fathers, saying unto Abraham, And in thy seed shall all the kindreds of the earth be blessed. Unto you first God, having raised up his Son Jesus, sent him to bless you, in turning away every one of you from his iniquities [sins]." -- Acts 3:25-26 KJV

I don't understand why you don't understand.

Rev

Lets see if YOU understand, why do you suppose the new covenant is superior, because it disregards the Law that defines sin, or because it frees you from sin that the Law defined? I'll give you 4 verses that are clues as to what your answer should be,

"Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. (Matthew 5:17 [NIV])

Do we, then, nullify the law by this faith? Not at all! Rather, we uphold the law. (Romans 3:31 [NIV])

You have been set free from sin and have become slaves to righteousness. (Romans 6:18 [NIV])

in order that the righteous requirement of the law might be fully met in us, who do not live according to the flesh but according to the Spirit. (Romans 8:4 [NIV])

christiang

May 24, 2017
Fort Lauderdale
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The law of Moses was never for gentiles. It still is not.

How can it not be, for if the Gentiles are under the power of sin, how can the Law that defines everything that is sin not apply also to Gentiles? What you have spoken is nonsensical, and it really boils down to you not wanting to obey the Law, because many people such as yourself abhor the Law, so you twist scriptures to try to discard it far away from you, when there are plain scriptures that teach that the Law has not been abolished.

Rev20

Oct 27, 2017
Greenville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lets see if YOU understand, why do you suppose the new covenant is superior, because it disregards the Law that defines sin, or because it frees you from sin that the Law defined? I'll give you 4 verses that are clues as to what your answer should be,

The new covenant is superior because, as aforementioned, the old covenant was flawed and kept the children of Israel in bondage.

"Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. (Matthew 5:17 [NIV])

The law and the prophets, as aforementioned, were fulfilled after Jerusalem was surrounded by armies:

"And when ye shall see Jerusalem compassed with armies, then know that the desolation thereof is nigh. Then let them which are in Judaea flee to the mountains; and let them which are in the midst of it depart out; and let not them that are in the countries enter thereinto. For these be the days of vengeance, that all things which are written may be fulfilled." -- Luk 21:20-22 KJV

It was at that time the temple and Mosaic economy were destroyed, and the kingdom and priesthood were taken away from the Jewish leadership and Levites and given to the faithful remnant from all tribes, as promised in Exodus 19:5-6:

"Therefore say I unto you [chief priests and Pharisees], The kingdom of God shall be taken from you, and given to a nation bringing forth the fruits thereof. And whosoever shall fall on this stone shall be broken: but on whomsoever it shall fall, it will grind him to powder. And when the chief priests and Pharisees had heard his parables, they perceived that he spake of them." -- Mat 21:43-45 KJV

This was the promise:

'And now if ye will indeed hear my voice, and keep my covenant, ye shall be to me a peculiar people above all nations; for the whole earth is mine. And ye shall be to me a royal priesthood and a holy nation: these words shalt thou speak to the children of Israel.' -- Exo 19:5-6 LXX

This was the fulfillment, as Peter explained to the scattered tribes in Asia Minor:

"But ye [diaspora] are a chosen generation [race], a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light; Which in time past were not a people, but are now the people of God: which had not obtained mercy, but now have obtained mercy." -- 1Pet 2:9-10 KJV

As long as the law was in effect, the priesthood belonged to the Levites. But once Christ died and released Israel from the law, Christ became the high priest, and those directly under him became the royal [kingly] priesthood:

"If therefore perfection were by the Levitical priesthood, (for under it the people received the law,) what further need was there that another priest should rise after the order of Melchisedec, and not be called after the order of Aaron? For the priesthood being changed, there is made of necessity a change also of the law. For he of whom these things are spoken pertaineth to another tribe, of which no man gave attendance at the altar. For it is evident that our Lord sprang out of Juda; of which tribe Moses spake nothing concerning priesthood." -- Heb 7:11-14 KJV

This is John, rejoicing that Christ has made him a king and priest:

"And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood, And hath made us kings and priests unto God and his Father; to him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen." -- Rev 1:5-6 KJV

That could not happen under the law.

Do we, then, nullify the law by this faith? Not at all! Rather, we uphold the law. (Romans 3:31 [NIV])

What is the context? Earlier in that chapter it is written:

"Now we know that what things soever the law saith, it saith to them who are under the law: that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become guilty before God. Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin." -- Rom 3:19-20 KJV

Now, pay attention to the next verse:

"But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets;" -- Rom 3:21 KJV

And later, this:

"Where is boasting then? It is excluded. By what law? of works? Nay: but by the law of faith. Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law." -- Rom 3:27-28 KJV

Now to your verse, in context:

"Seeing it is one God, which shall justify the circumcision by faith, and uncircumcision through faith. Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law." -- Rom 3:30-31 KJV

Therefore, the law being established was the law of faith.

You have been set free from sin and have become slaves to righteousness. (Romans 6:18 [NIV])

What is the context? That passage begins with this:

"For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace. What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid." -- Rom 6:14-15 KJV

I am not sure what your point is.

in order that the righteous requirement of the law might be fully met in us, who do not live according to the flesh but according to the Spirit. (Romans 8:4 [NIV])

Again, let us present some context:

"But now we are delivered from the law, that being dead wherein we were held; that we should serve in newness of spirit, and not in the oldness of the letter." -- Rom 7:6 KJV

"There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit. For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death. For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh: That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit." -- Rom 8:1-4 KJV

This is very important:

"For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit. For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace." -- Rom 8:5-6 KJV

Again, Christ died to release Israel from the law:

"Wherefore then serveth the law? It was added because of transgressions, till the seed should come to whom the promise was made; and it was ordained by angels in the hand of a mediator." -- Gal 3:19 KJV

"For he is our peace, who hath made both [Jews and Gentiles] one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us; Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace;" -- Eph 2:14-15 KJV

I cannot stress this next passage enough to those who believe the law of Moses is still in effect:

Rev

Rev20

Oct 27, 2017
Greenville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The law of Moses was never for gentiles. It still is not.

The law of Moses was fulfilled in the first century. Christ died to release Israel from the first covenant [Rom 7:1-4], which released them from the law.

Rev

Rev20

Oct 27, 2017
Greenville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How can it not be, for if the Gentiles are under the power of sin, how can the Law that defines everything that is sin not apply also to Gentiles? What you have spoken is nonsensical, and it really boils down to you not wanting to obey the Law, because many people such as yourself abhor the Law, so you twist scriptures to try to discard it far away from you, when there are plain scriptures that teach that the Law has not been abolished.

The law of Moses (the first covenant) was replaced by the law of faith (the second covenant). Otherwise, Christ died in vain.

Rev

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I concern myself with obedience to the word of God, not with idiots who discard plain teachings of scripture because they do not understand.
No you concern yourself with teh bible and study, and just llke He said,

Joh 5:39 Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.
Joh 5:40 And ye will not come to me, that ye might have life.

thats why these men

Mat 7:22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
Mat 7:23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

where not known to busy doing not enough time with the Lord, thats why Jesus said

Mat_11:25 At that time Jesus answered and said, I thank thee, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because thou hast hid these things from the wise and prudent, and hast revealed them unto babes.

because teh wise people are too proud to go to Jesus

I know nothing the truth is in Him.

As Saul put it

Php_3:8 Yea doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung, that I may win Christ,

his study all his religion he didnt know Jesus, plenty of people just like him around

christiang

May 24, 2017
Fort Lauderdale
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No you concern yourself with teh bible and study, and just llke He said,

Joh 5:39 Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.
Joh 5:40 And ye will not come to me, that ye might have life.

thats why these men

Mat 7:22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
Mat 7:23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

where not known to busy doing not enough time with the Lord, thats why Jesus said

Mat_11:25 At that time Jesus answered and said, I thank thee, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because thou hast hid these things from the wise and prudent, and hast revealed them unto babes.

because teh wise people are too proud to go to Jesus

I know nothing the truth is in Him.

As Saul put it

Php_3:8 Yea doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung, that I may win Christ,

his study all his religion he didnt know Jesus, plenty of people just like him around

Did Jesus tell them "you search the scriptures" because searching the scriptures is evil, or because they rejected him whom the scriptures were pointing to? You twist these passages to justify discarding other scriptures that you do not want to obey, so in essence you have blindly done what the Pharisees did, pick and choose which scriptures you want to listen to, such as the one you just quoted and twisted, and discard the others that do not suit your wants, such as wives submitting to husbands and being silent in the assemblies as a reflection of the submission and humility. These are things clearly taught in the Law, and also by the apostles, so it is not even a question of whether Law has been abolished or not, you flat out do not even want to obey clear teachings of the apostles in the NEW covenant.

christiang

May 24, 2017
Fort Lauderdale
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The law of Moses (the first covenant) was replaced by the law of faith (the second covenant). Otherwise, Christ died in vain.

Rev

Did Jesus Christ die that you may disobey the Law, or that you may obey it? Think before you answer.

Rev20

Oct 27, 2017
Greenville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Did Jesus Christ die that you may disobey the Law, or that you may obey it? Think before you answer.

Neither. I was never under the law. Jesus died to release Israel from the law.

You would do better if you drop the attitude.

Rev 20

christiang

May 24, 2017
Fort Lauderdale
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The new covenant is superior because, as aforementioned, the old covenant was flawed and kept the children of Israel in bondage.

The law and the prophets, as aforementioned, were fulfilled after Jerusalem was surrounded by armies:

"And when ye shall see Jerusalem compassed with armies, then know that the desolation thereof is nigh. Then let them which are in Judaea flee to the mountains; and let them which are in the midst of it depart out; and let not them that are in the countries enter thereinto. For these be the days of vengeance, that all things which are written may be fulfilled." -- Luk 21:20-22 KJV

It was at that time the temple and Mosaic economy were destroyed, and the kingdom and priesthood were taken away from the Jewish leadership and Levites and given to the faithful remnant from all tribes, as promised in Exodus 19:5-6:

"Therefore say I unto you [chief priests and Pharisees], The kingdom of God shall be taken from you, and given to a nation bringing forth the fruits thereof. And whosoever shall fall on this stone shall be broken: but on whomsoever it shall fall, it will grind him to powder. And when the chief priests and Pharisees had heard his parables, they perceived that he spake of them." -- Mat 21:43-45 KJV

This was the promise:

'And now if ye will indeed hear my voice, and keep my covenant, ye shall be to me a peculiar people above all nations; for the whole earth is mine. And ye shall be to me a royal priesthood and a holy nation: these words shalt thou speak to the children of Israel.' -- Exo 19:5-6 LXX

This was the fulfillment, as Peter explained to the scattered tribes in Asia Minor:

"But ye [diaspora] are a chosen generation [race], a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light; Which in time past were not a people, but are now the people of God: which had not obtained mercy, but now have obtained mercy." -- 1Pet 2:9-10 KJV

As long as the law was in effect, the priesthood belonged to the Levites. But once Christ died and released Israel from the law, Christ became the high priest, and those directly under him became the royal [kingly] priesthood:

"If therefore perfection were by the Levitical priesthood, (for under it the people received the law,) what further need was there that another priest should rise after the order of Melchisedec, and not be called after the order of Aaron? For the priesthood being changed, there is made of necessity a change also of the law. For he of whom these things are spoken pertaineth to another tribe, of which no man gave attendance at the altar. For it is evident that our Lord sprang out of Juda; of which tribe Moses spake nothing concerning priesthood." -- Heb 7:11-14 KJV

This is John, rejoicing that Christ has made him a king and priest:

"And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood, And hath made us kings and priests unto God and his Father; to him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen." -- Rev 1:5-6 KJV

That could not happen under the law.

What is the context? Earlier in that chapter it is written:

"Now we know that what things soever the law saith, it saith to them who are under the law: that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become guilty before God. Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin." -- Rom 3:19-20 KJV

Now, pay attention to the next verse:

"But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets;" -- Rom 3:21 KJV

And later, this:

"Where is boasting then? It is excluded. By what law? of works? Nay: but by the law of faith. Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law." -- Rom 3:27-28 KJV

Now to your verse, in context:

"Seeing it is one God, which shall justify the circumcision by faith, and uncircumcision through faith. Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law." -- Rom 3:30-31 KJV

Therefore, the law being established was the law of faith.

What is the context? That passage begins with this:

"For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace. What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid." -- Rom 6:14-15 KJV

I am not sure what your point is.

Again, let us present some context:

"But now we are delivered from the law, that being dead wherein we were held; that we should serve in newness of spirit, and not in the oldness of the letter." -- Rom 7:6 KJV

"There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit. For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death. For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh: That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit." -- Rom 8:1-4 KJV

This is very important:

"For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit. For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace." -- Rom 8:5-6 KJV

Again, Christ died to release Israel from the law:

"Wherefore then serveth the law? It was added because of transgressions, till the seed should come to whom the promise was made; and it was ordained by angels in the hand of a mediator." -- Gal 3:19 KJV

"For he is our peace, who hath made both [Jews and Gentiles] one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us; Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace;" -- Eph 2:14-15 KJV

I cannot stress this next passage enough to those who believe the law of Moses is still in effect:

Rev

The point is this, and I don't even need to create an essay to convey simple truth to you, Jesus Christ died to free you from sin, to where you are no longer UNDER law, yet NOT WITHOUT the Law (there is a distinction between "under Law", and then "without Law", which means lawlessness), because in being FREED from sin you are now able to OBEY Law, which you weren't able to before, because of the baptism of the holy spirit, which is also the circumcision of the heart, which when the spirit of God enters your body he rids you of your sinful nature instantly, and it becomes impossible for you to ever sin again. Only very few people receive the holy spirit. This is the disconnect of what you are failing to understand, because instead of reaching understanding of what being born of the spirit implies, inner perfection, and its relation to Law, you have went into the complete opposite direction, into "lawlessness", and have discarded the Law of God, not realizing that one becomes dead to Law not because the Law is discarded, but because one becomes dead to it because one has been FREED from the sin that it reveals. I have a study on this here Repentance and Sin No More, Perfection and Born of the Spirit | Wisdom of God .