The Law of Moses Has Not Been Abolished

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

christiang

May 24, 2017
Fort Lauderdale
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Neither. I was never under the law. Jesus died to release Israel from the law.

You would do better if you drop the attitude.

Rev 20

Answer these two questions:

1. Does the Law reveal everything that is sin.
2. Do you have a sinful nature?

Rev20

Oct 27, 2017
Greenville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The point is this, and I don't even need to create an essay to convey simple truth to you, Jesus Christ died to free you from sin, to where you are no longer UNDER law, yet NOT WITHOUT the Law (there is a distinction between "under Law", and then "without Law", which means lawlessness), because in being FREED from sin you are now able to OBEY Law, which you weren't able to before, because of the baptism of the holy spirit, which is also the circumcision of the heart, which when the spirit of God enters your body he rids you of your sinful nature instantly, and it becomes impossible for you to ever sin again. Only very few people receive the holy spirit. This is the disconnect of what you are failing to understand, because instead of reaching understanding of what being born of the spirit implies, inner perfection, and its relation to Law, you have went into the complete opposite direction, into "lawlessness", and have discarded the Law of God, not realizing that one becomes dead to Law not because the Law is discarded, but because one becomes dead to it because one has been FREED from the sin that it reveals. I have a study on this here Repentance and Sin No More, Perfection and Born of the Spirit | Wisdom of God .

You are not making a lot of sense. If you believe Christians (or anyone else) are under the law of Moses, you are gravely mistaken. The only "law" we are under was given to us by the Lord in Matthew 7:12.

Rev 20

Reactions: Helen

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Did Jesus Christ die that you may disobey the Law, or that you may obey it? Think before you answer.
Dide Jesus die for nothing, because if you are still under the law, for you He did die for nothing.

Joh_1:17 For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ.

who was teh law given to?? under what covenant between whom???

Rom_6:14 For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace.

why

Rom 6:3 Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?
Rom 6:4 Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.
Rom 6:5 For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection:
Rom 6:6 Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.
Rom 6:7 For he that is dead is freed from sin.
Rom 6:8 Now if we be dead with Christ, we believe that we shall also live with him:
Rom 6:9 Knowing that Christ being raised from the dead dieth no more; death hath no more dominion over him.
Rom 6:10 For in that he died, he died unto sin once: but in that he liveth, he liveth unto God.

so if you are in Christ than teh law and its rulings can no longer condemn you, but of you "choose" which is your doing, to remain under teh law, than for you there is no grace and the law is for you, still a sinner for it was given to teh diobedient.

Gal_3:12 And the law is not of faith: but, The man that doeth them shall live in them.

Jas_2:10 For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all.

keep teh law if you must but you will be condemned by it forever.

Reactions: Helen

christiang

May 24, 2017
Fort Lauderdale
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are not making a lot of sense. If you believe Christians (or anyone else) are under the law of Moses, you are gravely mistaken. The only "law" we are under was given to us by the Lord in Matthew 7:12.

Rev 20

You're not getting it, do you not understand that someone who is baptized with the holy spirit can NEVER sin again? EVER. This is why he is no longer under Law, because it is impossible for him to disobey the Law as opposed to someone who hasn't been freed from sin. Understand.

And I will put my Spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes and be careful to obey my rules. (Ezekiel 36:27 [ESV])

christiang

May 24, 2017
Fort Lauderdale
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Dide Jesus die for nothing, because if you are still under the law, for you He did die for nothing.

Joh_1:17 For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ.

who was teh law given to?? under what covenant between whom???

Rom_6:14 For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace.

why

Rom 6:3 Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?
Rom 6:4 Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.
Rom 6:5 For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection:
Rom 6:6 Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.
Rom 6:7 For he that is dead is freed from sin.
Rom 6:8 Now if we be dead with Christ, we believe that we shall also live with him:
Rom 6:9 Knowing that Christ being raised from the dead dieth no more; death hath no more dominion over him.
Rom 6:10 For in that he died, he died unto sin once: but in that he liveth, he liveth unto God.

so if you are in Christ than teh law and its rulings can no longer condemn you, but of you "choose" which is your doing, to remain under teh law, than for you there is no grace and the law is for you, still a sinner for it was given to teh diobedient.

Gal_3:12 And the law is not of faith: but, The man that doeth them shall live in them.

Jas_2:10 For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all.

keep teh law if you must but you will be condemned by it forever.

He died so that I may be freed from sin, and thus be caused to obey the Law now being freed from the sin that the Law reveals, by the baptism of the holy spirit, through belief in Jesus. This is the difference between the old covenant, and the new, FREEDOM FROM SIN. If you are still sinning, then you have not been freed, and are subsequently still under Law, because you are still under sin.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
FREEDOM FROM SIN. If you are still sinning, then you have not been freed, and are subsequently still under Law, because you are still under sin.
And you have stoped sinninggg????? No you missesd it all, "there is no condemnation for those in Christ Jesus", condemnation from what?? teh law and sin because He paid the price. Again have you stopped sinning?? You would be the only one ever since Jesus if you have..

christiang

May 24, 2017
Fort Lauderdale
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And you have stoped sinninggg????? No you missesd it all, "there is no condemnation for those in Christ Jesus", condemnation from what?? teh law and sin because He paid the price. Again have you stopped sinning?? You would be the only one ever since Jesus if you have..

This is precisely the disconnect I was speaking of earlier, you have not understood the way of perfection, which is caused by the baptism of the holy spirit, which frees a man from sin, meaning he never sins again. And instead of understanding this, and how being free from sin causes a man to subsequently be dead to the Law that reveals what sin is, since he is no longer under sin, you have discarded the Law on your own, not realizing you have become lawless,

No one who abides in Him sins; no one who sins has seen Him or knows Him. (1 John 3:6 [NASB])

We know that every one being engendered of God does not sin; but the one engendered of God keeps himself, and the wicked one does not touch him. (I John 5:18 [ABP])

for everyone born of God overcomes the world. This is the victory that has overcome the world, even our faith. (1 John 5:4 [NIV])

Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God. (1 John 3:9 [KJV])

Seventy weeks are determined upon thy people and upon thy holy city, to finish the transgression, and to make an end of sins, and to make reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness, and to seal up the vision and prophecy, and to anoint the most Holy. (Daniel 9:24 [KJV])

And I will put my Spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes and be careful to obey my rules. (Ezekiel 36:27 [ESV])

You have been set free from sin and have become slaves to righteousness. (Romans 6:18 [NIV])

For we know that our old self was crucified with him so that the body ruled by sin might be done away with, that we should no longer be slaves to sin– because anyone who has died has been set free from sin. (Romans 6:6-7 [NIV])

But thanks be to God that, though you used to be slaves to sin, you have come to obey from your heart the pattern of teaching that has now claimed your allegiance. (Romans 6:17 [NIV])

You shall be then yourselves perfect, as your father, the one in the heavens is perfect. (Matthew 5:48 [ABP])

For by one offering he has perfected in perpetuity the ones having been sanctified. (Hebrews 10:14 [ABP])

according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, in the sanctification of the Spirit, for obedience to Jesus Christ and for sprinkling with his blood: May grace and peace be multiplied to you. (1 Peter 1:2 [ESV])

Jesus replied, “Very truly I tell you, everyone who sins is a slave to sin. Now a slave has no permanent place in the family, but a son belongs to it forever. So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed. (John 8:34-36 [NIV])

Let us therefore, as many as be perfect, be thus minded: and if in any thing ye be otherwise minded, God shall reveal even this unto you. (Philippians 3:15 [KJV])

and congregation of the firstborn, who are enrolled in heaven, and to God, the judge of all, and to the spirits of the righteous, who have been made perfect, (Hebrews 12:23 [NETBIBLE])

Whom we preach, warning every man, and teaching every man in all wisdom; that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus: (Colossians 1:28 [KJV])

Epaphras, who is one of you, a servant of Christ, saluteth you, always labouring fervently for you in prayers, that ye may stand perfect and complete in all the will of God. (Colossians 4:12 [KJV])

But strong food belongs to those that are perfect, even those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil. (Hebrews 5:14 [JB2000])

And let endurance have its perfect work, so that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing. (James 1:4 [BLB])

Richard_oti

Mar 17, 2008
<snip>
1 Corinthians 11:15-16 KJV
[15] But if a woman have long hair, it is a glory to her: for her hair is given her for a covering. [16] But if any man seem to be contentious, we have no such custom, neither the churches of God.

Not arguing that which you present, but also note:

1Co 11:10 for this cause ought the woman to have a sign of authority on her head, because of the angels.

Richard_oti

Mar 17, 2008
So? Does scripture ever state that the final judgement will be about your hairdo, or will it be about your works, your thoughts and every word spoken? You can't be serious right? It makes God seem quite petty.

Hey, you guys were hashing it out, I merely supplied a reference. What you choose to do with it is your business.

As I made note of in reply to @VictoryinJesus:

1Co 11:10 for this cause ought the woman to have a sign of authority on her head, because of the angels.

Rev20

Oct 27, 2017
Greenville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You're not getting it, do you not understand that someone who is baptized with the holy spirit can NEVER sin again? EVER. This is why he is no longer under Law, because it is impossible for him to disobey the Law as opposed to someone who hasn't been freed from sin. Understand.

How do you interpret Hebrews 6?

"For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost, And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come, If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame." -- Heb 6:4-6 KJV

Rev

Rev20

Oct 27, 2017
Greenville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm telling you these things for your own benefit, if you don't want to listen, then so be it, I will wipe the dust off my shoulders, and farewell to ya.

Your self-righteousness is unbecoming. You might consider a course in humility, for your own benefit, of course.

Rev

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
No one who abides in Him sins; no one who sins has seen Him or knows Him. (1 John 3:6 [NASB])
Love teh way you quote different bibles, is not one enough, and besides I have stood with Chris and even before God, and you know why, because of Jesus and what He has done, and I am not the only one, as I have said before, christians are to busy doing and missing out on the best things of God. Study will just get you confused, if you do not take things to God you will never get revelation, and if you dont believe what He did, than how can you ever stand before Him.

Again I ask the question, do you still sin??? Because right now you have just condemned us all including yourself to death.. Thanks.

Yes I am lawless because all Christ asked us to do is Love all as He loves us, for which there is no law.

christiang

May 24, 2017
Fort Lauderdale
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How do you interpret Hebrews 6?

"For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost, And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come, If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame." -- Heb 6:4-6 KJV

Rev

Can angels not sin? And we know what happens to them if they do, they are never forgiven. So, even if it were possible for someone who has the holy spirit to fall away, if they do sin, they can never be brought to repentance again. This is how serious sin is for anyone who is baptized with the holy spirit.

christiang

May 24, 2017
Fort Lauderdale
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Love teh way you quote different bibles, is not one enough, and besides I have stood with Chris and even before God, and you know why, because of Jesus and what He has done, and I am not the only one, as I have said before, christians are to busy doing and missing out on the best things of God. Study will just get you confused, if you do not take things to God you will never get revelation, and if you dont believe what He did, than how can you ever stand before Him.

Again I ask the question, do you still sin??? Because right now you have just condemned us all including yourself to death.. Thanks.

Yes I am lawless because all Christ asked us to do is Love all as He loves us, for which there is no law.

Then continue sinning and see what happens,

Later Jesus found him at the temple and said to him, “See, you are well again. Stop sinning or something worse may happen to you.” (John 5:14 [NIV])

And she said, No one, O Lord. And Jesus said to her, Nor I condemn you; go and from now sin no more! (John 8:11 [ABP])

Reactions: GodsGrace

christiang

May 24, 2017
Fort Lauderdale
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your self-righteousness is unbecoming. You might consider a course in humility, for your own benefit, of course.

Rev

I am self righteous because I teach living a holy life free of sin in accordance to scripture? You would rather I fill your ears with, "oh, carry on sinning, surely God will continue forgiving you as you live your life how you want." Indeed the way to life is abhorred by those who are deceived and perishing.

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
The new covenant is based on love for others. Do you recall the prophet saying God would write his laws in the hearts of the children of Israel and Judah?

"This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, saith the Lord, I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them; And their sins and iniquities will I remember no more." -- Heb 10:16-17 KJV

This is the law:

"If ye fulfil the royal law according to the scripture, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself, ye do well" -- Jas 2:9 KJV

"Love worketh no ill to his neighbour: therefore love is the fulfilling of the law." -- Rom 13:10 KJV

"For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this; Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself." -- Gal 5:14 KJV

"Therefore all things whatsoever ye would that men should do to you, do ye even so to them: for this is the law and the prophets." -- Mat 7:12 KJV

Rev
So what's the difference between the old covenant and the new?

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
I am self righteous because I teach living a holy life free of sin in accordance to scripture? You would rather I fill your ears with, "oh, carry on sinning, surely God will continue forgiving you as you live your life how you want." Indeed the way to life is abhorred by those who are deceived and perishing.
Are you saying you're totally free of sin or that this is your objective?

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
christiang, please read my post again. Paul said (in Romans 7:1-4) that Christ (the husband) died to release Israel (the wife) from the law (the old covenant). Once Israel was released from the old covenant, they were free to remarry Christ under the new covenant.

Please provide scriptural references so I can better follow your arguments. Thanks.

Rev 20
Every new Covenant does not abolish the older ones but adds to them or changes them in some way to make them better.

Here's your scripture:
Mathew 5:17
Jesus did not come to Abolish the law.

Reactions: christiang