The Lesson of the Fig Tree==Wake up! Time is very short!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Israel is God's fig tree which sprouted leaves May 15, 1948 and we are the generation that will be raptured and return to earth with Jesus at the end of the battle of Armageddon==are you ready to meet Jesus in the clouds or are you asleep and will be left behind??

Mike Waters

Jan 8, 2020
Holt
slideshowart2.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I have to confess to being perplexed by the 'elect and chosen' thing'.
We read that it is only the 'many' (as distinct from 'all') who are even 'called'.
And out of that limited 'many' only a few are 'chosen'.
Does that not leave the vast myriads of mankind 'high, dry, and without hope'?
Hyper Calvinism .....uuurgh!

hermeneutics

Nov 29, 2019
western arkansas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I ask because rapturist say it happen at anytime ,my point is how, when that prophecy had to happen first

Jesus told Martha that those who believe will never die, that means when your body dies your spirit goes right on up to be with the LORD.
That makes rapture a daily thing.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have to confess to being perplexed by the 'elect and chosen' thing'.
We read that it is only the 'many' (as distinct from 'all') who are even 'called'.
And out of that limited 'many' only a few are 'chosen'.
Does that not leave the vast myriads of mankind 'high, dry, and without hope'?
Hyper Calvinism .....uuurgh!

We really should not be perplexed about that. Just as with Christ's parable of the ten virgins, there were foolish virgins also that didn't carry a spare vessel of the Oil with their lamps like the five wise virgins did. We are warned against deception especially for the end of this world, so we know there will be deceived Christian brethren. I don't think that means Jesus is going to loose those deceived brethren who believe on Him, but that they will be under His judgment for the future thousand years and will not be allowed to approach Him. But His elect chosen who followed Him faithfully, and were not deceived, and thus suffered tribulations for Him, those will reign with Him, and will be able to serve Him in His presence. So just because He will shut the door on those foolish virgins doesn't necessarily mean they are lost to the lake of fire.

Reactions: mjrhealth and Keraz

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Jesus told Martha that those who believe will never die, that means when your body dies your spirit goes right on up to be with the LORD.
Why does someone, esp with a forum name like yours; say things that directly contradict actual Bible teaching?
Scripture is plain; the dead 'sleep' in their grave and they know nothing.

What Jesus said to Martha, is that Lazarus would rise again on the Last Day. That is; at the end of the Millennium. Revelation 29:11-15
Lazarus was a godly man, a believer in Jesus, so his name is Written in the Book of Life and he will receive immortality then.

There is no 'rapture to heaven' for anyone in these end times. Excepting the 2 Witnesses and they are killed first.
The 'rapture' theory is for the deceived and confused, who want to escape their responsibilities and any hard times.
EVERYONE will be here when the Lord destroys His enemies, Luke 21:34-35, 1 Peter 4:12
We must stand firm in our faith and call upon His Name for protection. Joel 2:32, Acts 2:21

n2thelight

Dec 24, 2006
Atlanta,Ga

Understand what you saying,couldn't agree more,however I'm speaking of this mass dis-appearance of millions of people .As you stated, at death we return to the Father,our dirt will not come back together.My post was to show the rapture as a false doctrine.

n2thelight

Dec 24, 2006
Atlanta,Ga
The fig tree parable has nothing whatsoever to do with a rapture,however it is very important

Mark 13:28 "Now learn a parable of the fig tree; When her branch is yet tender, and putteth forth leaves, ye know that summer is near:"

Jesus is giving a command to His elect here, "learn a parable of the fig tree". It is necessary for you to know this parable, or you will never understand the consummation of the end of this earth age. You have to know a little about agriculture to understand the teachings of our Heavenly Father. You don't plant a fig tree, you set out shoots, and it is from that shoot that the tree is formed and it then brings forth leaves. Those leaves are the new growth, meaning that this shoot is yet tender. In this state, this fig tree will not produce any fruit. This particular fig tree produces both the good and the bad figs, that we read of in Jeremiah 24, about the two baskets of figs. Remember that one basket set was of Good figs, and the other basked was Bad figs.

The "parable of the fig tree" started in the garden of Eden, and most churches have turned this parable into a joke and a fairy-tale about apples. What happened in the garden of Eden, happened in a fig grove, and after what was done there, Adam and Eve sowed fig leaves together to cover the parts of their body that did the evil act. They made aprons to cover their private parts, because what happened there cause children to be born, one child was Cain, the son of Satan, and the other was Abel, the son of Adam. The parable of the fig tree is the identifying those children of Cain, which are called the Kenites, and the evil destruction that they are bringing on God's children, the offspring of Adam, through Seth.

Jesus didn't say, maybe you should learn this parable of the fig tree, He commanded us to do it. So the horticulture of this parable is that the fig tree always puts forth shoots, and Jeremiah 24 symbolized when Judah would return to Jerusalem, and Judaea, and that happened in 1948, at the establishment of the nation of Israel, as we know it today. Full control of the city was after the war with the Arabs of 1967. This return to establish this Jewish state is important because it is part of the "parable of the fig tree", that Jesus commanded us to learn.

Mark 13:29 "So ye in like manner, when ye shall see these things come to pass, know that it is nigh, even at the doors."

"These things" that Jesus is speaking about are these seven seals of that are the subject of Mark 13. In the verse just before this, it told us that summer was nigh and the time for Christ harvest of this earth age was going to take place. So when you see the events of these seals take place, than know that the end of this earth age of the flesh is coming to a close. Some of the signs of the end, as we saw earlier, are the establishing of a Jewish state, the new world order taking place, nations align up as biblically prophesied, and remember that when the tribe of Judah returned to their home land, it hadn't happened since their were booted out by General Titus in 70 A.D. There is not need to guess on this matter, for when you know the parable of the fig tree, God sets the date, and we are to observe what He has written to us through His Word.

Never before since the crucifixion of Christ has the Jews returned to Judaea as a nation. Remember that this was part of the subject, from verse fourteen. "But when you shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken by Daniel the prophet, standing where it ought not, (let him that readeth understand,) then let them that be in Judaea flee to the mountains:" The command then was to flee Judaea, that is where the fig tree was to be set out.

Mark 13:30 "Verily I say unto you, that this generation shall not pass, till all these things be done."

Jesus is telling His disciples and thus we can count on this happening absolutely. The generation that Jesus is speaking of here is the the generation that is present to see the shoot planted in Jerusalem and Judaea. The generation that started when Jerusalem came into the hands of the Jews and the nation was establish, and it happened in 1948. Even though Jerusalem and the west bank never was completely taken until 1967, be that as it is now, it still took place many years ago and we are living in that final generation. All the things that pertain to the seven seals will be witnessed by our generation and take place right before our eyes. Jesus is warning us to watch out for them, all of them, or you will be deceived and become part of Satan's bride.

mark13

hermeneutics

Nov 29, 2019
western arkansas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Understand what you saying,couldn't agree more,however I'm speaking of this mass dis-appearance of millions of people .As you stated, at death we return to the Father,our dirt will not come back together.My post was to show the rapture as a false doctrine.
This earthly body will go to a grave. We will take on our heavenly body the very second that our body dies.
A Christian somewhere dies everyday, so this isn't just a one day deal!

n2thelight

Dec 24, 2006
Atlanta,Ga
This earthly body will go to a grave. We will take on our heavenly body the very second that our body dies.
A Christian somewhere dies everyday, so this isn't just a one day deal!

Thinking you not understanding what I'm saying,lets try this

I Corinthians 15:51 "Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,"
In other words there will come a time when all will not die everyday

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Who is the everyone in the above statement?
All those alive at that time. Which could be very soon, as we see things culminating; in the Middle East especially.

The event I refer to is The great and terrible Day of the Lord's fiery wrath. The next prophesied event; the Sixth Seal worldwide disaster.
Luke 21:35....that Day will come upon everyone, the whole world over.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All those alive at that time. Which could be very soon, as we see things culminating; in the Middle East especially.

The event I refer to is The great and terrible Day of the Lord's fiery wrath. The next prophesied event; the Sixth Seal worldwide disaster.
Ok, so I’ve struggled with this for some time.
In post 10 you say “everyone will be here when the Lord destroys His enemies.”
Seems like a narrow way of viewing this too me, like it implies the only enemies of The Lord are those that are on earth at this alleged return. I hope you can understand what I am asking.

What of all that have perished throughout history?

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Luke 21:36 Jesus tells believers ==Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man.
1 Thessalonians 5:9-10 King James Version (KJV)

9 For God hath not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ,

10 Who died for us, that, whether we wake or sleep, we should live together with him. Why not just believe God's Word on the catching up (rapture)??

16 For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first. 17 Then we who are alive and remain """shall be caught up together""" with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And thus we shall always be with the Lord. 18 Therefore comfort one another with these words1 Corinthians 15:51- 57
Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.

51 Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,

52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.

53 For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.

54 So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.

55 O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory?

56 The sting of death is sin; and the strength of sin is the law.

57 But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Wonderful Truth of the Very Near Rapture (Catching Up of All Believers)!! Those Who Died in Christ ===1 THESS. 4:13-18 NASB
13 But we do not want you to be uninformed, brethren, about those who are asleep, so that you will not grieve as do the rest who have no hope. 14 For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so God will bring with Him those who have fallen asleep in Jesus. 15 For this we say to you by the word of the Lord, that we who are alive and remain until the coming of the Lord, will not precede those who have fallen asleep. 16 For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first. 17 Thenwe who are alive and remain will be ""caught up"" together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air, and so we shall always be with the Lord. 18 Therefore comfort one another with these words.===caught up "is" the rapture!!
1 Corinthians 15:51-58 Behold, I tell you a mystery; we will not all sleep, but we will all be changed, 52 in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet; for the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised imperishable, and we will be changed. 53 For this perishable must put on the imperishable, and this mortal must put on immortality. 54 But when this perishable will have put on the imperishable, and this mortal will have put on immortality, then will come about the saying that is written, “Death is swallowed up in victory. 55 O death, where is your victory? O death, where is your sting?” 56 The sting of death is sin, and the power of sin is the law; 57 but thanks be to God, who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.

58 Therefore, my beloved brethren, be steadfast, immovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, knowing that your toil is not in vain in the Lord.

For our citizenship is in heaven, from which also we eagerly wait for a Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ;21 who will transform the body of our humble state into conformity with the body of His glory, by the exertion of the power that He has even to subject all things to Himself. Philippians 3:20-21