The Lesson of the Fig Tree==Wake up! Time is very short!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
What of all that have perished throughout history?
ALL the dead, every person who has ever lived, will stand before God after the Millennium. Revelation 20:11-15

But it is our privilege to be alive now, at this pivotal point of human history. Most people alive now will see Jesus Return in His glory.
But much is prophesied to happen before that. Dramatic events that we should be aware of and prepared for.
For our citizenship is in heaven, from which also we eagerly wait for a Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ;
The plain statement tells us that our names, as faithful Christian believers; are Written in the Book of Life.
Soon; Jesus will come to us, on earth and we will experience the wonderful time of peace in the world as He reigns as King.

We know from Revelation 20:11-15, that it will only be after the Millennium that immortality will be conferred onto those worthy.
There is no 'rapture' to heaven for the Church, that idea is never stated in the Bible.

Last edited:
Reactions: Waiting on him

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ALL the dead, every person who has ever lived, will stand before God after the Millennium. Revelation 20:11-15

But it is our privilege to be alive now, at this pivotal point of human history. Most people alive now will see Jesus Return in His glory.
But much is prophesied to happen before that. Dramatic events that we should be aware of and prepared for.

The plain statement tells us that our names, a faithful Christian believers; are Written in the Book of Life.
Soon; Jesus will come to us, on earth and we will experience the wonderful time of peace in the world as He reigns as King.

We know from Revelation 20:11-15, that it will only be after the Millennium that immortality will be conferred onto those worthy.
There is no 'rapture' to heaven for the Church, that idea is never stated in the Bible.
That’s all good but most suggest this happens at The Lords return, you need to rethink your position?

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Who understands the eschatology of the first and the second resurrection?
Simple! Jesus Himself is the "first resurrection".
If you are born again of His Holy Spirit, then you are now "a partaker of the divine nature".

If you are a "partaker" now, then you ARE also now "having part in the first resurrection", who is Jesus, and therefore, you are only waiting for His Glorious return, "to be changed into His likeness", the likeness of His Immortality.

Reactions: fellow

Mike Waters

Jan 8, 2020
Holt
slideshowart2.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Simple! Jesus Himself is the "first resurrection".
If you are born again of His Holy Spirit, then you are now "a partaker of the divine nature".

If you are a "partaker" now, then you ARE also now "having part in the first resurrection", who is Jesus, and therefore, you are only waiting for His Glorious return, "to be changed into His likeness", the likeness of His Immortality.

I was asking in the context of the 'first and second resurrections', followed by the 'second death' as per Revelation 20.
With particular emphasis on 'works', and on the relationship of one group of persons who only die 'once' (having been part of the 'first resurrection), compared to the group of persons who form part of the second resurrection and thereafter have to die a 'second time'.

"I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years. But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection. Blessed and holy is he that has part in the first resurrection: on such the second death has no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him for a thousand years. And I saw a great white throne, and I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God (is not this the ‘second resurrection’, to be followed by the ‘second death’?) and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works. And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works. And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death".

And how and when does this fit in?
"Every man's work shall be revealed by a fire which shall try of what sort it is. If a man's work survives the fire he shall receive a reward. But if his work burns, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved yet so as through the fire".

Last edited:

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
That’s all good but most suggest this happens at The Lords return, you need to rethink your position?
No; as a careful studier of all the Bible, I can confidently say that all the wrath of God is over BEFORE Jesus Returns. Proved by Revelation 15:1
The three scriptures that do describe the Return; Zephaniah 14:3, Matthew 24:30 and Revelation 19:11, do not tell of any Judgements then, other than the disposal of Satans armies and his binding up, then the separation of the nations. Matthew 25:31-32

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Ref:reply#8:-
Jesus told Martha that those who believe will never die, that means when your body dies your spirit goes right on up to be with the LORD.
That makes rapture a daily thing.
'Jesus saith unto her, Thy brother shall rise again.
Martha saith unto Him,
.. I know that he shall rise again in the resurrection at the last day.
Jesus said unto her,
.. I am the resurrection, and the life:
.... he that believeth in Me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:
...... And whosoever liveth and believeth in Me shall never die.
........ Believest thou this?
She saith unto Him, Yea, Lord:
.. I believe that thou art the Christ, the Son of God,
.... which should come into the world.'

(John 11:23-27)

Hello @hermeneutics,

With respect, you are wrong to say that the 'rapture' is a daily thing on the strength of those words of the Lord Jesus Christ. For that is not what is being said. The context is, as with all Scripture, vital to it's meaning.

* Are you not unwittingly, falling into the error of Hymenaeus and Philetus:-

'And their word will eat as doth a canker:
of whom is Hymenaeus and Philetus;
Who concerning the truth have erred,
saying that the resurrection is past already;
and overthrow the faith of some.'

(2 Timothy 2:17-18)

In Christ Jesus
Chris

Last edited:
Reactions: Keraz

hermeneutics

Nov 29, 2019
western arkansas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
'Jesus saith unto her, Thy brother shall rise again.
Martha saith unto Him,
.. I know that he shall rise again in the resurrection at the last day.
Jesus said unto her,
.. I am the resurrection, and the life:
.... he that believeth in Me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:
...... And whosoever liveth and believeth in Me shall never die.
........ Believest thou this?
She saith unto Him, Yea, Lord:
.. I believe that thou art the Christ, the Son of God,
.... which should come into the world.'

(John 11:23-27)

Hello @hermeneutics,

With respect, you are wrong to say that the 'rapture' is a daily thing on the strength of those words of the Lord Jesus Christ. For that is not what is being said. The context is, as with all Scripture, vital to it's meaning.

* Are you not unwittingly, falling into the error of Hymenaeus and Philetus:-

(2 Timothy 2:17-18)

In Christ Jesus
Chris

They were wrong to say 'the resurrection is past' for it is a daily thing.

Joh_6:40
And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.

Joh_6:44 No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.

When Jesus said the believer will never die, that can only be if we go straight to heaven when this body passes away. Do we know anyone who has gone straight to heaven? Yes!
Luk 23:42 And he said unto Jesus, Lord, remember me when thou comest into thy kingdom.

Luk 23:43 And Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, To day shalt thou be with me in paradise.

Joh_12:48 He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day.

The last day was the day Jesus died on the cross.

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

They were wrong to say 'the resurrection is past' for it is a daily thing.

Joh_6:40
And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.

Joh_6:44 No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.

When Jesus said the believer will never die, that can only be if we go straight to heaven when this body passes away. Do we know anyone who has gone straight to heaven? Yes!
Luk 23:42 And he said unto Jesus, Lord, remember me when thou comest into thy kingdom.

Luk 23:43 And Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, To day shalt thou be with me in paradise.

Joh_12:48 He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day.

The last day was the day Jesus died on the cross.
Hello @hermeneutics

May God give you the grace to see the error you are falling into.

In Christ Jesus
Chris

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand

This is quite wrong.
Jesus died and was in the grave for 3 days, until He rose again. Then, many days later; He Ascended to heaven.
1 Peter 3:19 says He went to preach to the imprisoned spirits in that time.

The thief on the cross is dead and knows nothing until the GWT Judgment, Revelation 20:11-15, when everyone who has ever lived will stand before God. Those whose names are in the Book of Life, as that thief's name will be; will receive immortality.

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was asking in the context of the 'first and second resurrections', followed by the 'second death' as per Revelation 20.
With particular emphasis on 'works', and on the relationship of one group of persons who only die 'once' (having been part of the 'first resurrection), compared to the group of persons who form part of the second resurrection and thereafter have to die a 'second time'.

"I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years. But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection. Blessed and holy is he that has part in the first resurrection: on such the second death has no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him for a thousand years. And I saw a great white throne, and I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God (is not this the ‘second resurrection’, to be followed by the ‘second death’?) and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works. And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works. And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death".

And how and when does this fit in?
"Every man's work shall be revealed by a fire which shall try of what sort it is. If a man's work survives the fire he shall receive a reward. But if his work burns, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved yet so as through the fire".
There is no literal second resurrection, as there is no literal great white throne judgment! All of that is highly symbolic of the second death, which is total destruction, annihilation (perdition), as if one never lived!
The judgment of God is NOW, through Jesus' first appearance. John 3:18, as described by Paul in Romans 8:9.
Therefore, whosoever is not born again, sealed/saved by God's Holy Spirit now (while they still have breath), they remain to be "condemned already".

Therefore, whosoever does not have the gift of eternal life now, (1 John 5:13) it is impossible for them to be resurrected by God.
They truly are lost forever.

Reactions: fellow

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is quite wrong.
Jesus died and was in the grave for 3 days, until He rose again. Then, many days later; He Ascended to heaven.
1 Peter 3:19 says He went to preach to the imprisoned spirits in that time.

The thief on the cross is dead and knows nothing until the GWT Judgment, Revelation 20:11-15, when everyone who has ever lived will stand before God. Those whose names are in the Book of Life, as that thief's name will be; will receive immortality.
People of faith in Jesus' first appearance, but had died and never saw it, died in faith beliving of the Promise that was to come.
Such people as those, are shown in Revelation 6:9-11. On the Day of Pentecost, they also recieved the Promised Gift of the Holy Spirit (white robes).
All of such ARE NOW IN the Book of Life, who is Jesus, waiting to be bodily resurrected after the likeness of His Immortality.

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
^ 1 Thes. 4[14] For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him.
[15] For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.
[16] For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:
[17] Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

[18] Wherefore comfort one another with these words.

Mike Waters

Jan 8, 2020
Holt
slideshowart2.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
There is no literal second resurrection, as there is no literal great white throne judgment! All of that is highly symbolic of the second death, which is total destruction, annihilation (perdition), as if one never lived!
The judgment of God is NOW, through Jesus' first appearance. John 3:18, as described by Paul in Romans 8:9.
Therefore, whosoever is not born again, sealed/saved by God's Holy Spirit now (while they still have breath), they remain to be "condemned already".

Therefore, whosoever does not have the gift of eternal life now, (1 John 5:13) it is impossible for them to be resurrected by God.
They truly are lost forever.

I was beginning to think that you'd never respond.
Your response is quite an 'eye opener' ...... it's good to begin to know about your somewhat unique beliefs.
God bless.

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
People of faith in Jesus' first appearance, but had died and never saw it, died in faith beliving of the Promise that was to come.
Such people as those, are shown in Revelation 6:9-11. On the Day of Pentecost, they also recieved the Promised Gift of the Holy Spirit (white robes).
All of such ARE NOW IN the Book of Life, who is Jesus, waiting to be bodily resurrected after the likeness of His Immortality.
When is the Book of Life opened?
Answer: AFTER the Millennium. Revelation 20:11-15

Your quote in #34, refers to the Return of Jesus, He will gather His own to Him then. Matthew 24:31/

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Answer: AFTER the Millennium. Revelation 20:11-15

Your quote in #34, refers to the Return of Jesus, He will gather His own to Him then. Matthew 24:31/
What "Millenium" ?
Are you referring to that false concept, that is a fabricated lie, conjured up by the minds of men in Religious institutions?
Or are you talking about the long period of time concerning God's "longsuffering", of waiting for all men to come to repentance, aka God's Age of Grace? 2 Peter 3:7-10.

Yes! When His Age of Grace (symbolized as a thousand years) is ended, the results of His judgment (John 3:18) will commence, as shown in
2 Peter 3:10-15 and 2 Thessalonians 1:7-10.

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
BTW, Jesus Himself is God's Book of Life.
If YOU ARE in Him, then you ARE IN the Book of Life.
Its all about HIS Life, not yours or mine!!

So, to answer your question, God's Book of Life, that we may enter in, IS JESUS, by His first appearance.
If you are not IN Jesus (born again), before He bodily returns from Heaven, then know that you are NOT in the Book of Life, aka "the kingdom of God" . John 3:3-8

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was beginning to think that you'd never respond.
Your response is quite an 'eye opener' ...... it's good to begin to know about your somewhat unique beliefs.
God bless.
Thanks Mike!
I suppose what I do teach sounds "unique", but that's primarily due to all the error that is out there.

In all actuality, I am teaching what His Holy Spirit says about God's words, and not that of what men and their "religions" conjure up through "scholarly learning". In everything that I read of God's word, I apply these three principals-
Isaiah 55:8-9
Proverbs 3:5
John 16:13

"There can always be more than one lie, but there can never be more than one truth"- Earburner.

May God Bless you also, in the study of His word!

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Yes! When His Age of Grace (symbolized as a thousand years) is ended, the results of His judgment (John 3:18) will commence, as shown in
2 Peter 3:10-15 and 2 Thessalonians 1:7-10.
John 2:18 puts it plainly; belief in Jesus is the prime criteria, Judgment hinges on that. And the way everyone will be Judged, is told to us in Revelation 20:11-15, when the Book of Life is opened, whoever is a true believer and is worthy, their name will be there.

Your quote of 2 Peter 3:10, refers to the forthcoming Sixth Seal, proved by how the sky disappear; roll up like a scroll... Revelation 6:14
2 Peter 11-13 refer to the new heavens and the new earth, to come after the Millennium. Revelation 21:1-7

2 Thess 1:7-10 is also a prophecy about the Lord's Day of fiery wrath. Proved by how it is only to His holy people, that Jesus is revealed.

The Millennium, the final 1000 years of mans time on the present earth, is absolutely real
Proved by the exact time period of 2000 years between Adam to Abraham, between Abraham and Jesus, and now between Jesus and His Return, in about 10-12 years time. These exactly fulfilled periods equal 6000 years, then comes the final thousand years as clearly stated in Revelation 20 and alluded to in many other Bible prophesies.
It is correct interpretation to believe that the Judgment will happen after the 7000 years of mankinds time on a physical earth is over.