The Lesson of the Fig Tree==Wake up! Time is very short!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
BTW, Jesus Himself is God's Book of Life.
If YOU ARE in Him, then you ARE IN the Book of Life.
Its all about HIS Life, not yours or mine!!

So, to answer your question, God's Book of Life, that we may enter in, IS JESUS, by His first appearance.
If you are not IN Jesus (born again), before He bodily returns from Heaven, then know that you are NOT in the Book of Life, aka "the kingdom of God" . John 3:3-8
I wouldn't say Jesus is the book of life.

Revelation 3:5 He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life, but I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels.

Revelation 13:8 And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.Revelation 21:27And there shall in no wise enter into it any thing that defileth, neither whatsoever worketh abomination, or maketh a lie: but they which are written in the Lamb's book of life.

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I wouldn't say Jesus is the book of life.

Revelation 3:5 He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life, but I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels.

Revelation 13:8 And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.Revelation 21:27And there shall in no wise enter into it any thing that defileth, neither whatsoever worketh abomination, or maketh a lie: but they which are written in the Lamb's book of life.
Since you can't discern the symbolism used in Revelation, it reveals that your head is filled with the preconcieved ideas of human analytical thinking, which would be due to interpreting the words as being literal.
Accept Isaiah 55:8-9
Heed Proverbs 3:5
Trust John 16:13

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Since you can't discern the symbolism used in Revelation, it reveals that your head is filled with the preconcieved ideas of human analytical thinking, which would be due to interpreting the words as being literal.
Accept Isaiah 55:8-9
Heed Proverbs 3:5
Trust John 16:13
You can insult my intelligence if you want; but I will continue to believe the Lamb has a book of life, not that the Lamb is the book of life. Ha, some things are easy to understand. Why make things harder than they need to be? You may think you're clever; but you have invented that idea out of thin air. Nowhere in the Bible does it equate Jesus with a book. Revelation contradicts you. But go ahead and tell me how wrong I am. I begin to think you may be delusional. I am beginning to feel sorry for you, worrying about your mental state.

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John 2:18 puts it plainly; belief in Jesus is the prime criteria, Judgment hinges on that. And the way everyone will be Judged, is told to us in Revelation 20:11-15, when the Book of Life is opened, whoever is a true believer and is worthy, their name will be there.

Your quote of 2 Peter 3:10, refers to the forthcoming Sixth Seal, proved by how the sky disappear; roll up like a scroll... Revelation 6:14
2 Peter 11-13 refer to the new heavens and the new earth, to come after the Millennium. Revelation 21:1-7

2 Thess 1:7-10 is also a prophecy about the Lord's Day of fiery wrath. Proved by how it is only to His holy people, that Jesus is revealed.

The Millennium, the final 1000 years of mans time on the present earth, is absolutely real
Proved by the exact time period of 2000 years between Adam to Abraham, between Abraham and Jesus, and now between Jesus and His Return, in about 10-12 years time. These exactly fulfilled periods equal 6000 years, then comes the final thousand years as clearly stated in Revelation 20 and alluded to in many other Bible prophesies.
It is correct interpretation to believe that the Judgment will happen after the 7000 years of mankinds time on a physical earth is over.
Your 6000 + 1000= 7000 formula is of Jewish origin, and is "of that spirit of *antichrist".
(* the Jews disbelieve in Jesus is the Son of God who came in the Flesh). 1 John 2:22

There is NO "Millennium" to come, because there will be no one left alive, to participate in the activity of re-populating the earth through "flesh and blood".

In 2 Thessalonians 1:7-10, please find out why "flesh and blood" won't be showing up for a fictitious Millennium.

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You can insult my intelligence if you want; but I will continue to believe the Lamb has a book of life, not that the Lamb is the book of life. Ha, some things are easy to understand. Why make things harder than they need to be? You may think you're clever; but you have invented that idea out of thin air. Nowhere in the Bible does it equate Jesus with a book. Revelation contradicts you. But go ahead and tell me how wrong I am. I begin to think you may be delusional. I am beginning to feel sorry for you, worrying about your mental state.
So, we should say that the Tree of Life was/is a literal tree also? But why stop there, Jesus is a literal "vine", and the last time I looked, being a "branch", I had leaves budding out of my fingers! Lol
Symbolism and metaphors are typically used throughout the scriptures.

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So, we should say that the Tree of Life was/is a literal tree also? But why stop there, Jesus is a literal "vine", and the last time I looked, being a "branch", I had leaves budding out of my fingers! Lol
Symbolism and metaphors are typically used throughout the scriptures.
You are trying to change the subject. Moses said man is a tree of the field (when the passage is translated right). I understand that. I also think I understand why Jesus said he is the Vine. That makes complete sense to me. What I don't understand is denying that the Lamb has the Book of Life, altering that to Jesus is the Book of Life.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 Thessalonians 5:9-10 King James Version (KJV)

9 For God hath not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ,

10 Who died for us, that, whether we wake or sleep, we should live together with him. Why not just believe God's Word on the catching up (rapture)??

16 For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first. 17 Then we who are alive and remain """shall be caught up together""" with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And thus we shall always be with the Lord. 18 Therefore comfort one another with these words1 Corinthians 15:51- 57
Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.

51 Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,

52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.

53 For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.

54 So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.

55 O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory?

56 The sting of death is sin; and the strength of sin is the law.

57 But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.

You forget to cover the 1 Thess.5:1-8 verses, which are VERY IMPORTANT, because Paul gives what that timing is for those events, and that PREVENTS men's doctrines from changing that Scripture into some pre-trib rapture theory.

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have to confess to being perplexed by the 'elect and chosen' thing'.
We read that it is only the 'many' (as distinct from 'all') who are even 'called'.
And out of that limited 'many' only a few are 'chosen'.
Does that not leave the vast myriads of mankind 'high, dry, and without hope'?
Hyper Calvinism .....uuurgh!
I've heard a few messages on the verse about the called and chosen. I'm inclined to believe that Jesus in using the word "chosen" was singling out those individuals that God plucked out of their lives and gave new direction and specific tasks. Men like Saul of tarsis, who met the risen Lord on his way to Damascus to arrest Christians, and became known as Paul, God's apostle to the gentiles. You have the example of Samson from the Old Testament book of judges. His parents were told that Samson would be a nazirite from the womb, before his birth. Samson didn't make the choice to become a nazirite, but was chosen by God for His purposes. Perhaps all born again believers are the "chosen" as well, because scripture tells us that we are called to good works and that God places His saints in the body of Christ where they are needed and equips them for their calling. I don't think that particular verse applies to the "saved" and nonbelievers as some do, but there is more than one way to look at that verse (our perceptions are always "coloured" by our understanding and understanding is not a fixed and stagnant thing, but changes as God illuminates His word within us in that process of sanctification whereby the outer man is transformed increasingly into the likeness of our Lord through the work of His Spirit.

Reactions: Davy