The "Lie" That Has Lead to "Strong Delusion."

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Correct. Here is a paragraph from the Accords: "We encourage efforts to promote interfaith and intercultural dialogue to advance a culture of peace among the three Abrahamic religions and all humanity."

Since Christ is the Way, the Truth, and the Life, both Muslims and Jews must repent and be converted. And since Christ is the Prince of Peace, there can be no peace until Christ is within each person. So where is the possibility of "interfaith" dialogue?
exactly my friend . Our only conversation with them or any who do not follow Christ is , the preaching of the gospel .
And JESUS was very clear as to what to do if they reject it . Shake the dust off and move on .
This interfaith is nothing but a trick to get us all to just come together as one under sie world religoin
of do good and honor creation and the green agenda . ITS all a sham and sadly folks are really buying into this lie .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your observations are good, but it would be wrong not to consider the whole book as pertaining to "a time, times, and half a time", which is to say all time.
The common and accepted scholarly translation is that: a time = 1 year, times = 2 years and 1/2 a time = 1/2 year, totaling 3 1/2 years

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The common and accepted scholarly translation is that: a time = 1 year, times = 2 years and 1/2 a time = 1/2 year, totaling 3 1/2 years
I understand that, but it's wrong.

"Times" (including days, weeks, years, etc.) are not a particular amount of time in that way, but are rather the times determined or fulfilled. The reason being, is that time is created and is a complete illusion manifest merely for the sake of revelation and bringing evil to light.

What that means, is times can be stated in any number of worldly terms and mean the same thing--because they only point to what is actually true and what is actually being talked about. In fact "times" and "sevens" are often the same word and only translated to mean what they are thought to mean.

Last edited:

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It should be no mystery that "false teachers" have entered into the church and spread "destructive heresies" as Peter foretold. And it should be no mystery that a "lie" has circulated that Paul foretold would bring "strong delusion" and great apostacy. And Jesus even gave away what the "lie" is.
IF... you believe Paul's "strong delusion" has already begun today, then YOU place yourself among those "false teachers" pushing a LIE.

The "strong delusion" event is about Paul's warning in that 2 Thessalonians 2 of a false one coming to play God, and sit in a rebuilt temple in Jerusalem. It is a parallel teaching with what Jesus taught in Matthew 24:23-26 about a false one coming to work great signs and wonders, that if it were possible, would deceive even Christ's very elect. Jesus said to not believe on that fake-Christ when others say "Christ is here, or there."

So if you try... to say things like Church attendance is down is evidence of Paul's "strong delusion", then it shows YOU HAVE NO UNDERSTANDING OF PAUL'S WARNING in 2 Thessalonians 2.

It reveals you are like BLIND LEADING THE BLIND.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
IF... you believe Paul's "strong delusion" has already begun today, then YOU place yourself among those "false teachers" pushing a LIE.

The "strong delusion" event is about Paul's warning in that 2 Thessalonians 2 of a false one coming to play God, and sit in a rebuilt temple in Jerusalem. It is a parallel teaching with what Jesus taught in Matthew 24:23-26 about a false one coming to work great signs and wonders, that if it were possible, would deceive even Christ's very elect. Jesus said to not believe on that fake-Christ when others say "Christ is here, or there."

So if you try... to say things like Church attendance is down is evidence of Paul's "strong delusion", then it shows YOU HAVE NO UNDERSTANDING OF PAUL'S WARNING in 2 Thessalonians 2.

It reveals you are like BLIND LEADING THE BLIND.
I have given you all the scriptures and still you do not understand: We are the Temple being built, which is His body, which is His church, and false teachers began to enter into it--"standing in the holy place" with the spirit of anti-Christ 2,000 years ago.

But you have rejected parts of what is written and prefer the "lie" just as it was foretold.

Last edited:

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
We are the Temple being built, which is His body, which is His church, and false teachers began to enter into it with the spirit of anti-Christ 2,000 years ago.
It is true that the Church -- the Body of Christ -- and every individual within it is called "the temple of God". That in no way nullifies the prophecies of Christ and the apostles that there will be a literal stone and mortar temple in Jerusalem which will be hijacked by the Antichrist and Satan. So why are you unable to recognize both things as being true?

The Man of Sin, the Son of Perdition will literally sit in a literal temple and literally call himself "God". Will people believe him? Absolutely. Why? Because he will do astounding miracles and claim that he is both Messiah and Christ and God and Mahdi. And at the same time God will send "strong delusion" upon the inhabitants of the world so that they will believe this lie. And that is only because earlier on they rejected the truth, rejected the Gospel, and rejected Christ, while they loved unrighteousness.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is true that the Church -- the Body of Christ -- and every individual within it is called "the temple of God". That in no way nullifies the prophecies of Christ and the apostles that there will be a literal stone and mortar temple in Jerusalem which will be hijacked by the Antichrist and Satan. So why are you unable to recognize both things as being true?
Because clarification has been made.

When Paul went on about marriage and then clarified, saying, "This is a great mystery, but I speak concerning Christ and the church.", he did what Christ had not done regarding the temple, giving the reason why, saying, "It is to your advantage that I go away; for if I do not go away, the Helper will not come to you; but if I depart, I will send Him to you." Paul then was able to reveal the mystery by the Holy Spirit, which I am now also able to do by the Holy Spirit. But the mystery of the prophecies regarding the temple was not before revealed and only given in parable, for they were given before the Holy Spirit had come.

Even so, the pieces are there, and therefore Jesus prefaced the above passage, saying, "Nevertheless I tell you the truth."
The Man of Sin, the Son of Perdition will literally sit in a literal temple and literally call himself "God". Will people believe him? Absolutely. Why? Because he will do astounding miracles and claim that he is both Messiah and Christ and God and Mahdi. And at the same time God will send "strong delusion" upon the inhabitants of the world so that they will believe this lie. And that is only because earlier on they rejected the truth, rejected the Gospel, and rejected Christ, while they loved unrighteousness.
That is certainly the way it was first written, and how it was believed--and it has even come true. Have people believed it the way you have believed it? Absolutely. Why? --Not only for the reasons you have given, but for the reason Jesus gave, saying "for if I do not go away, the Helper will not come to you...I still have many things to say to you, but you cannot bear them now. However, when He, the Spirit of truth, has come, He will guide you into all truth; for He will not speak on His own authority, but whatever He hears He will speak; and He will tell you things to come." And here we are, many/most not receiving what was to come, but believing instead the "lie" of "destructive heresies"...and it is true--they love it.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have given you all the scriptures and still you do not understand: We are the Temple being built, which is His body, which is His church, and false teachers began to enter into it--"standing in the holy place" with the spirit of anti-Christ 2,000 years ago.

But you have rejected parts of what is written and prefer the "lie" just as it was foretold.
I understand the Scriptures very well thank you. It is you that cannot understand them, for they are not given for you to understand. God has obviously put blinders upon you, for what reason I don't know, He knows, so you'll have to ask Him about that.

Those in Christ Jesus are the 'spiritual' temple of Ephesians 2. And NO FALSE ONE can come into that spiritual temple of which the Cornerstone is Jesus Christ Himself, and try to corrupt it. You have to be losing your mind if you think Jesus Christ can be corrupted! That's how stupid that doctrine of man idea is that Paul's "temple of God" is about the spiritual temple in Christ. It is not, that "temple of God" Paul pointed to in 2 Thess.2:4 is about a FUTURE JEWISH STONE TEMPLE BUILT BY THE UNBELIEVING JEWS FOR THE END OF THIS WORLD. The Antichrist is coming to sit in it and play God in Jerusalem, so tough if you don't like The Word of God revealing that. Go back to your Torah study if you don't like it.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I understand the Scriptures very well thank you. It is you that cannot understand them, for they are not given for you to understand. God has obviously put blinders upon you, for what reason I don't know, He knows, so you'll have to ask Him about that.

Those in Christ Jesus are the 'spiritual' temple of Ephesians 2. And NO FALSE ONE can come into that spiritual temple of which the Cornerstone is Jesus Christ Himself, and try to corrupt it. You have to be losing your mind if you think Jesus Christ can be corrupted! That's how stupid that doctrine of man idea is that Paul's "temple of God" is about the spiritual temple in Christ. It is not, that "temple of God" Paul pointed to in 2 Thess.2:4 is about a FUTURE JEWISH STONE TEMPLE BUILT BY THE UNBELIEVING JEWS FOR THE END OF THIS WORLD. The Antichrist is coming to sit in it and play God in Jerusalem, so tough if you don't like The Word of God revealing that. Go back to your Torah study if you don't like it.
More phycological projection and error.

stormymonday

Dec 25, 2022
concord
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Apostasy involves CHRISTIANS who abandon Christianity. The word is only used twice in the NT and "falling away' is a very poor translation of the word which is better translated as an abandonment, revolt, and rebellion. Apostasia comes from a word meaning a 'divorce' or to defect and to abandon something. The only other place it's used is in Acts 21:21 where it's translated forsake.

Strong delusion does NOT involve the Church. It involves the followers of the man of sin. Let me explain.

The Christian definition of Apostasy is "a defection from truth" and in my view that's completely incorrect.

The word apostasy indicates an abandonment of Christianity - NOT an abandonment of 'truth'. I've abandoned the religion of Christianity. I have not abandoned Jesus Christ or truths about him or his word.

Here's the point...

This is the web definition of apostasy.
Apostasy - (noun)
1. The act of abandoning a party or cause.
2. The state of having rejected your religious beliefs, political party, cause or sports team in favor of opposing beliefs, causes or teams.
3. A defection, renunciation, disaffiliation, abandonment or revolt from a previous association.
4. (Islamic definition) Rejection in word or deed of one's former religion.
5. (Christian definition) To fall away from the truth.

Read the passage and notice that from the word 'except' in verse 3c, to the end of verse 12, the church is not implied in any way. The words "but we" in verse 13 prove that Christians (the church) is not part of this strong delusion.

The word 'but' is a conjunction that shows distinction and opposition to a previous statement. It opposes persons to persons or things previously mentioned or thought of. The distinction in this passage is between the followers of Christ as opposed to the man of sin and his followers. The church is not implied whatsoever.

What the passage is actually saying is when we see a large number of Christians abandoning the religion of Christianity - the man of sin will soon be revealed.

More important -

"The secret power of lawlessness; the lawless one; whom the Lord Jesus will destroy; counterfeit signs, miracles, and wonders; every sort of evil that deceives those who "are perishing"; who refuse to love the truth and so be saved; and delight in wickedness; and God sends them powerful delusion so that they will believe a lie!"

Does the passage sound like the Church? Why would God do this to any of His followers and send His own Christians powerful delusion? This passage is talking about Muslims not Christians. To attribute this to the end-time church is blasphemy and say's nothing good about the power of God's Holy Spirit whom He says He will pour out in the last days!

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Apostasy involves CHRISTIANS who abandon Christianity. The word is only used twice in the NT and "falling away' is a very poor translation of the word which is better translated as an abandonment, revolt, and rebellion. Apostasia comes from a word meaning a 'divorce' or to defect and to abandon something. The only other place it's used is in Acts 21:21 where it's translated forsake.
Apostle Paul's usage of Greek apostasia is in connection with the events he showed with that word, which is per a certain context there. Trying to isolate the word in your own personal taste just so you can try... and go outside Paul's Message there does not work, and is a blasphemous work against The Word of God. I recommend you leave those doctrines of men immediately that you have chosen to adopt which steers away from Apostle Paul's meaning there in 2 Thessalonians 2.

Strong delusion does NOT involve the Church. It involves the followers of the man of sin. Let me explain.
The "strong delusion" will apply to ANYONE that bows to that coming pseudo-Christ, for that is the role Jesus showed that "man of sin" will play for the end during the coming "great tribulation".

That is the same false one He warned of in His Olivet discourse. And Jesus linked the events of the false one in Daniel 11 that causes the placing of the "abomination of desolation" with that false one for the end of this world.

Will that delusion involve some in Christ's Church? Most definitely, for already there are many, many brethren that have been wrongly taught to believe they will be RAPTURED prior to the "great tribulation" when they will go through the coming tribulation! So those are not prepared to know who this pseudo-Christ will be coming working great signs and wonders and miracles to deceive the whole world. Revelation 13 reveals that ONLY those who names were written in the book of life from the foundation of the world will not be deceived.

Thus I recommend you stop playing word games and quit listening to those false men's doctrines you've latched onto, and get into God's Word for yourself.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Correct. Here is a paragraph from the Accords: "We encourage efforts to promote interfaith and intercultural dialogue to advance a culture of peace among the three Abrahamic religions and all humanity."

Since Christ is the Way, the Truth, and the Life, both Muslims and Jews must repent and be converted. And since Christ is the Prince of Peace, there can be no peace until Christ is within each person. So where is the possibility of "interfaith" dialogue?
i would say that where you err is in believing that Christ can be accepted with ones mouth, as you have done
there really is no chance of any "interfaith" dialogue with Christians, as they are pretty much all in the cult of sol invictus ("whom God 'had hated'" iow)

luckily the Euphrates is dried up now, and the kings of the east are here
you will be gone soon

• Haha
Reactions: Enoch111