The "Lie" That Has Lead to "Strong Delusion."

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It should be no mystery that "false teachers" have entered into the church and spread "destructive heresies" as Peter foretold. And it should be no mystery that a "lie" has circulated that Paul foretold would bring "strong delusion" and great apostacy. And Jesus even gave away what the "lie" is.

I have been chipping away at this for some time now, mostly just addressing the general multitude of errors and lies that so many wrongly believe, as I consider it to be my calling--as I asked for answers, and God answered. If you would like a blow by blow account, it's here: My Testimony.

But I guess I have never addressed the "lie" that Jesus revealed, and Paul sighted as being the cause of anti-Christ apostacy and strong delusions among the church, and perhaps I should. It's not that difficult and many Christians are aware of it--certainly every leader in the church is well aware, and yet no one seems to acknowledge it. No one says, "Hey, why didn't we take this serious, and why does everyone believe the opposite of what Jesus warned about?"

Here's your chance--here is the foretold "lie":

“Let your waist be girded and your lamps burning; 36 and you yourselves be like men who wait for their master, when he will return from the wedding, that when he comes and knocks they may open to him immediately. 37 Blessed are those servants whom the master, when he comes, will find watching. Assuredly, I say to you that he will gird himself and have them sit down to eat, and will come and serve them. 38 And if he should come in the second watch, or come in the third watch, and find them so, blessed are those servants. 39 But know this, that if the master of the house had known what hour the thief would come, he would ]have watched and not allowed his house to be broken into. 40 Therefore you also be ready, for the Son of Man is coming at an hour you do not expect.”
41 Then Peter said to Him, “Lord, do You speak this parable only to us, or to all people?”
42 And the Lord said, “Who then is that faithful and wise steward, whom his master will make ruler over his household, to give them their portion of food in due season? 43 Blessed is that servant whom his master will find so doing when he comes. 44 Truly, I say to you that he will make him ruler over all that he has. 45 But if that servant says in his heart, ‘My master is delaying his coming,’ and begins to beat the male and female servants, and to eat and drink and be drunk, 46 the master of that servant will come on a day when he is not looking for him, and at an hour when he is not aware, and will cut him in two and appoint him his portion with the unbelievers. Luke 12:35-42​
Jesus clarified when He was coming, revealing to "His servants the things which must shortly take place", and said, "Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and dine with him, and he with Me."

The "lie" then...was that it did not "shortly take place" and Jesus "is delaying his coming."

Do note the consequence in verse 46.

And if you do not understand just how that could possibly be true (as Nicodemus did not understand being born again), I can explain, and have been.

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It should be no mystery that "false teachers" have entered into the church and spread "destructive heresies" as Peter foretold. And it should be no mystery that a "lie" has circulated that Paul foretold would bring "strong delusion" and great apostacy. And Jesus even gave away what the "lie" is.

I have been chipping away at this for some time now, mostly just addressing the general multitude of errors and lies that so many wrongly believe, as I consider it to be my calling--as I asked for answers, and God answered. If you would like a blow by blow account, it's here: My Testimony.

But I guess I have never addressed the "lie" that Jesus revealed, and Paul sighted as being the cause of anti-Christ apostacy and strong delusions among the church, and perhaps I should. It's not that difficult and many Christians are aware of it--certainly every leader in the church is well aware, and yet no one seems to acknowledge it. No one says, "Hey, why didn't we take this serious, and why does everyone believe the opposite of what Jesus warned about?"

“Let your waist be girded and your lamps burning; 36 and you yourselves be like men who wait for their master, when he will return from the wedding, that when he comes and knocks they may open to him immediately. 37 Blessed are those servants whom the master, when he comes, will find watching. Assuredly, I say to you that he will gird himself and have them sit down to eat, and will come and serve them. 38 And if he should come in the second watch, or come in the third watch, and find them so, blessed are those servants. 39 But know this, that if the master of the house had known what hour the thief would come, he would ]have watched and not allowed his house to be broken into. 40 Therefore you also be ready, for the Son of Man is coming at an hour you do not expect.”
41 Then Peter said to Him, “Lord, do You speak this parable only to us, or to all people?”
42 And the Lord said, “Who then is that faithful and wise steward, whom his master will make ruler over his household, to give them their portion of food in due season? 43 Blessed is that servant whom his master will find so doing when he comes. 44 Truly, I say to you that he will make him ruler over all that he has. 45 But if that servant says in his heart, ‘My master is delaying his coming,’ and begins to beat the male and female servants, and to eat and drink and be drunk, 46 the master of that servant will come on a day when he is not looking for him, and at an hour when he is not aware, and will cut him in two and appoint him his portion with the unbelievers. Luke 12:35-42​
Jesus clarified when He was coming, revealing to "His servants the things which must shortly take place", and said, "Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and dine with him, and he with Me."

The "lie" then...was that it did not "shortly take place" and Jesus "is delaying his coming."

And if you do not understand just how that could possibly be true (as Nicodemus did not understand being born again), I can explain, and have been.
To God a thousand years is as a day and a day as a thousand years!

Reactions: amigo de christo

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Scott, it isn't in the least clear to me what you're saying the "Lie" is? Are you saying that Jesus "came" when we received him as our Savior?

I enjoyed your testimony, but there weren't a lot of details. So it was mostly your own subjective experience.

I wouldn't base hearing from God as acceptance of any interpretation you happen to present as an "answer to prayer." We should *always* remain open to correction.

We are, due to sin. myopic and do not see things very clear, unless the Lord chooses to make them very clear. For the most part we are entrusted with the choice to work diligently to show ourselves virtuous, just as God is. Please don't expect people to "just take your word for it" on any claim you make. That wouldn't be "due diligence" on their part!

As far as Christ's parables warning us to prepare for him, he was not operating as if this was anything other than a metaphorical time frame. He clearly said we are not to follow "times and seasons," to anticipate events in advance. We are to be ready where we are.

Christ utilized the fact of his eschatological Coming as a presentation of our need to prepare now, because Christ enters into a relationship with us now, and doesn't want us to wait for the end of the age to do this. So in a very real sense, Christ was posing his Coming as something that happens imminently in our own lives when we receive him in our lives.

We should not confuse Christ's message, that we should receive him now, because that was really his message, that he is willing to come now, and not just at the end of the age when he will judge us for the decisions we make now. He can come today by becoming our Savior, and we can expect him also to come at the end of the age, after we have prepared for it. The tension of what we do with him today compared with his Coming tomorrow was the comparison Jesus intended to make, I believe.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Scott, it isn't in the least clear to me what you're saying the "Lie" is? Are you saying that Jesus "came" when we received him as our Savior?

I enjoyed your testimony, but there weren't a lot of details. So it was mostly your own subjective experience.

I wouldn't base hearing from God as acceptance of any interpretation you happen to present as an "answer to prayer." We should *always* remain open to correction.

We are, due to sin. myopic and do not see things very clear, unless the Lord chooses to make them very clear. For the most part we are entrusted with the choice to work diligently to show ourselves virtuous, just as God is. Please don't expect people to "just take your word for it" on any claim you make. That wouldn't be "due diligence" on their part!

As far as Christ's parables warning us to prepare for him, he was not operating as if this was anything other than a metaphorical time frame. He clearly said we are not to follow "times and seasons," to anticipate events in advance. We are to be ready where we are.

Christ utilized the fact of his eschatological Coming as a presentation of our need to prepare now, because Christ enters into a relationship with us now, and doesn't want us to wait for the end of the age to do this. So in a very real sense, Christ was posing his Coming as something that happens imminently in our own lives when we receive him in our lives.

We should not confuse Christ's message, that we should receive him now, because that was really his message, that he is willing to come now, and not just at the end of the age when he will judge us for the decisions we make now. He can come today by becoming our Savior, and we can expect him also to come at the end of the age, after we have prepared for it. The tension of what we do with him today compared with his Coming tomorrow was the comparison Jesus intended to make, I believe.
I appreciate your wanting to discuss the matter, even offer some rationale for the way things would appear to be.

However, perhaps I have not been bold enough--though I have been bold enough to be accused of all sorts of evil. But I did not mean it to be a discussion, and I am under no confusion about the things you mentioned or anything else. And giving a link to my testimony here on the board was not missing anything from God to me, and only given by me in the post to give some indication that I asked for answers and God gave them to me.

So, no, it was not so bold, but rather reasonable perhaps that a hearing person might hear, or a slumbering person might waken. Amen! But that job is not mine, and I have been clear enough. Could I elaborate or speak in no uncertain terms? Certainly. Has it been given to me to do so? Yes. Even so, the fact that there are errors that have been believed for 2,000 years, it is not likely to be received.

If it seems good, I will fill in some of the details.

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I appreciate your wanting to discuss the matter, even offer some rationale for the way things would appear to be.

However, perhaps I have not been bold enough--though I have been bold enough to be accused of all sorts of evil. But I did not mean it to be a discussion, and I am under no confusion about the things you mentioned or anything else. And giving a link to my testimony here on the board was not missing anything from God to me, and only given by me in the post to give some indication that I asked for answers and God gave them to me.

So, no, it was not so bold, but rather reasonable perhaps that a hearing person might hear, or a slumbering person might waken. Amen! But that job is not mine, and I have been clear enough. Could I elaborate or speak in no uncertain terms? Certainly. Has it been given to me to do so? Yes. Even so, the fact that there are errors that have been believed for 2,000 years, it is not likely to be received.

If it seems good, I will fill in some of the details.

Don't expect me to respond to such an oblique and opaque answer. It's pure subjectivity at its finest! At its worst it's unmitigated arrogance. I prefer the former...

By the way, if you have something up your sleeve, it's showing.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The LIE that has led to the strong delusion is this false love stuff that says other religions are saved as is .
We should go back to the actual passage which speaks about the "strong delusion". We will then discover that it is not the lie that leads to the strong delusion but the strong delusion which leads to the lie!

2 THESS 2: THE ANTICHRIST, THE STRONG DELUSION, AND THE LIE

8 And then shall that Wicked [the Antichrist] be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit [breath] of His mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of His coming: 9 Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders, 10 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved. 11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie: 12 That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

So what is the sequence of events as described here:

1. It all begins with the unbelieving world -- those who do not love the truth and reject the Gospel through which they could be saved. These people love the lies and take pleasure in unrighteousness.

2. Then God allows the Wicked One, the Antichrist who is empowered by Satan, to take control of this world for 3 1/2 years.

3. This man has supernatural powers -- "all power and signs and lying wonders" -- meant to deceive the unbelieving world. He will literally dazzle the world.

4. But he does not simply stop with being a miracle worker. He will claim that he is God, and sit in the temple of God at Jerusalem claiming to be God and Christ. (See the rest of this chapter).

5. At the same time God will send a strong delusion upon the earth, so that all the inhabitants of the world (barring a few exceptions who will be beheaded) believe that this man is actually God and Christ.

6. This is THE LIE which comes after the strong delusion. The Antichrist is hailed and worshipped as Christ, and Satan is worshipped as God! (See Revelation 13 and tie it back to Daniel).

7. The end result -- as we see above -- is that these idolaters and false worshippers will all be damned. That is because they originally chose to believe lies instead of the truth.

Today we are actually on the cusp of this strong delusion. God has already sent the spirit of delusion upon this earth so that lies are being accepted as truth and Bible truth and Gospel truth are being perverted. This will all eventually lead to that final strong delusion which was prophesied by Paul.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We should go back to the actual passage which speaks about the "strong delusion". We will then discover that it is not the lie that leads to the strong delusion but the strong delusion which leads to the lie!

8 And then shall that Wicked [the Antichrist] be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit [breath] of His mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of His coming: 9 Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders, 10 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved. 11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie: 12 That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

1. It all begins with the unbelieving world -- those who do not love the truth and reject the Gospel through which they could be saved. These people love the lies and take pleasure in unrighteousness.

2. Then God allows the Wicked One, the Antichrist who is empowered by Satan, to take control of this world for 3 1/2 years.

3. This man has supernatural powers -- "all power and signs and lying wonders" -- meant to deceive the unbelieving world. He will literally dazzle the world.

4. But he does not simply stop with being a miracle worker. He will claim that he is God, and sit in the temple of God at Jerusalem claiming to be God and Christ. (See the rest of this chapter).

5. At the same time God will send a strong delusion upon the earth, so that all the inhabitants of the world (barring a few exceptions who will be beheaded) believe that this man is actually God and Christ.

6. This is THE LIE which comes after the strong delusion. The Antichrist is hailed and worshipped as Christ, and Satan is worshipped as God! (See Revelation 13 and tie it back to Daniel).

7. The end result -- as we see above -- is that these idolaters and false worshippers will all be damned. That is because they originally chose to believe lies instead of the truth.

Today we are actually on the cusp of this strong delusion. God has already sent the spirit of delusion upon this earth so that lies are being accepted as truth and Bible truth and Gospel truth are being perverted. This will all eventually lead to that final strong delusion which was prophesied by Paul.
The delusion does what , it leads them to who . exactly .
Now take a peek at this all inclusive love god religoin . WHO IS THIS leading them too
and what is its enemy . exactly . Its leading the sold out faiths , the world , the false religoins
to come together . UNDER THE GUISE they all worship the same god .
The love god that honors the dark rainbow and all paths . But have you noticed
this love god they preach , SURE SEEMS TO HATE TRUTH . SURE SEEMS to HATE those who expose the darkness .
ITS OF THE DEVIL HIMSELF my friend . Satan and his people
have infiltrated many a church now . THEY can keep their false love , false unity , false doctrine .
If following Christ means my death at the hands of these so called lovey lovey who serve this so called god of a so called
love , THEN SO BE IT . But as for me and the lambs WE G ONNA follow the BIBLICAL GOD and HIS CHRIST .
BIBLE TIME .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

take a look at this all inclusive delusion . IT gives them a false idea they are saved and follow JESUS
that they do follow GOD and it gives them the idea that their perversions , their pleasure in unrighteouness is a good thing .
I WOULD CALL THAT ONE HECK of A DELUSION .
You would be amazed at just how many , EVEN within the church realm LOVE TO have pleasure in unrighteousness
and hold to a lie that somehow THEY KNOW GOD , and that their unrighteousness is seen as GOOD IN HIS EYES .
The only ones EYES who would see SIN as good , WOULD not be GOD , would not be CHRIST
but rather the dragon , the anti christ and all that is unholy and loveth a lie and loves pleasure in UNRIGHTEOUSNESS .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My advice , COME OUT from amonst them , BE ye HOLY and learn those bibles .
CAUSE we are much farther along than most would realize . THE DAY OF THE LORD IS COMING
And surely does draw nigh . ONLY THING IS , ONCE HE RISES UP and has shut the door
ITS TOO LATE . TOO LATE . We better make triple sure our GOD , our CHRIST , IS THE ONE IN THAT BIBLE
cause if not , Prepare to wail is all i can say .

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are mistaken. Rev. 1 begins with a vision with instructions to write_ while John was in the Spirit (in his body) _ concerning the Seven Churches , which existed around that time, 95 AD. Jesus closes the message _ in that vision _ in Revelation 3:20-22.
Then in chapter 4, a completely different vision of heaven is given to him (one where he leaves his body and travels to the heavenly realm). The angel specifically opens up the chapter by pointing out "things that will come after this ..." There was no further mention of the Seven Churches from Rev. 4-22, because the times spoken of (after Chapter 6) had nothing to do with them. It had to do with the end times of the world.
Actually chapter 4 was a vision of the past, prior to Jesus death and thise churches did nit exist.
Rev. 5:5 is post death, resurrection and ascension (which was still an event over 60 years ago in the past).
So the "things that must shortly (soon, quickly, swiftly) take place" involving the 7 Churches had to. There were current problems that immediately needed attention.
Though it has been agreed that these 7 Churches in Asia Minor are church types that existed through the Church Age, those specific sinners and faithful congregants spoken about died a long time ago.
The message of Revelation 6-22 is for our generation and beyond.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are mistaken. Rev. 1 begins with a vision with instructions to write_ while John was in the Spirit (in his body) _ concerning the Seven Churches , which existed around that time, 95 AD. Jesus closes the message _ in that vision _ in Revelation 3:20-22.
Then in chapter 4, a completely different vision of heaven is given to him (one where he leaves his body and travels to the heavenly realm). The angel specifically opens up the chapter by pointing out "things that will come after this ..." There was no further mention of the Seven Churches from Rev. 4-22, because the times spoken of (after Chapter 6) had nothing to do with them. It had to do with the end times of the world.
Actually chapter 4 was a vision of the past, prior to Jesus death and thise churches did nit exist.
Rev. 5:5 is post death, resurrection and ascension (which was still an event over 60 years ago in the past).
So the "things that must shortly (soon, quickly, swiftly) take place" involving the 7 Churches had to. There were current problems that immediately needed attention.
Though it has been agreed that these 7 Churches in Asia Minor are church types that existed through the Church Age, those specific sinners and faithful congregants spoken about died a long time ago.
The message of Revelation 6-22 is for our generation and beyond.
Your observations are good, but it would be wrong not to consider the whole book as pertaining to "a time, times, and half a time", which is to say all time.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
our observations are good, but it would be wrong not to consider the whole book as pertaining to "a time, times, and half a time", which is to say all time.
Actually, it means 3 1/2 years, not all time. A time (1 year) + times (2 years) + half a time (6 months) = 3 1/2 years = 42 months = 1260 days (each month being of 30 days). This is not conjecture, since these equivalencies are actually shown in Scripture in Daniel and Revelation. This period has been assigned by God to the total reign of the Antichrist and Satan. Also, it is exactly half of 7 years (which is a heptad or a "week" of years).

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Actually, it means 3 1/2 years, not all time. A time (1 year) + times (2 years) + half a time (6 months) = 3 1/2 years = 42 months = 1260 days (each month being of 30 days). This is not conjecture, since these equivalencies are actually shown in Scripture in Daniel and Revelation. This period has been assigned by God to the total reign of the Antichrist and Satan. Also, it is exactly half of 7 years (which is a heptad or a "week" of years).
Those things can certainly be looked at in that way, but that would be to explain a mystery with a riddle. Alternatively, each of those explanations all point to the greater meaning of all time and creation...which is indeed the time of Satan's reign, that "lesser light who rules the night."

That greater meaning is as follows:
  • "A time", is all time.
  • "Times", are the times before and after the cross, the times of darkness and the times of light.
  • "Half a time", is the dividing of the light from the darkness.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The abraham accord they preach is a lie . I say this cause more and more evangelicals are buying into this lie
for world peace . abraham himself would never have agreed to this so called abraham accord . More so
GOD would not , Christ would not .

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In the gospel according to John there is an explanation of what I have been revealing in greater detail, and why it has not been comprehended:

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was in the beginning with God. 3 All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made. 4 In Him was life, and the life was the light of men. 5 And the light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it. John 1:1-5​
As I have explained, all of creation and time is like the Light of God (Christ) shown through a prism giving the impression of what is also referred to as "silence in heaven for half an hour", as time where there is no time. Our own lives and times are rather all that is in Christ revealed to us as if we were walking through them like pages of a book. In this way it is true that Christ comes to all, "but each one in his own order."

The apex of all time and creation then is Christ like an hourglass that runs out until He comes, and then is turned to run out the other way until the end. The days are unfolded in revelation, then refolded in revelation, "line upon line." Indeed, the end is very much like the beginning, "as the days of Noah."

Merry Christmas!

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The abraham accord they preach is a lie . I say this cause more and more evangelicals are buying into this lie
Correct. Here is a paragraph from the Accords: "We encourage efforts to promote interfaith and intercultural dialogue to advance a culture of peace among the three Abrahamic religions and all humanity."

Since Christ is the Way, the Truth, and the Life, both Muslims and Jews must repent and be converted. And since Christ is the Prince of Peace, there can be no peace until Christ is within each person. So where is the possibility of "interfaith" dialogue?