The lies about gen 6

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It baffles me that you can read all those verses I (and others) have listed and still hold onto the "traditions" of the Catholic church over the words of Christ Jesus and the Epistles.

If we cannot agree on what is scripture
And what is the word of God
And what the word of God is limited too or not limited too
And what is the meaning of the verses
Then how can the “Bible alone” be the rule of faith for Christians???????

Jn 8:32

Moriah's Song

Sep 6, 2021
Murphy
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If we cannot agree on what is scripture
And what is the word of God
And what the word of God is limited too or not limited too
And what is the meaning of the verses

If we cannot agree on what is scripture...
It is not us that is complicating scripture! God's Word's help us to recognize our thoughts for what they really are, and how to act (or not act) upon them.

And what is the word of God....
“the Word of God” is used in a number of different ways. It refers to something that God has decreed to come to pass. It is also used of the actual spoken words of God. Words that God has spoken through the prophets can also be called “the Word of God.” Jesus Christ Himself is called the Word of God.

And what the word of God is limited too or not limited too...
“Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct thy paths” (Proverbs 3:5, 6).​

And what is the meaning of the verses...
Look for the single meaning of the passage. Always try to understand what the author had in mind when you interpret a portion of the bible. Don't twist verses to support a meaning that is not clearly taught. Unless the author of a particular book indicates that there is another meaning to what he says, let the passage speak for itself.​

The Bible alone is considered the word of God and the only infallible standard for judging faith and practice; hence, for conservative Protestantism, the analogy of the faith is equivalent to the analogy of scripture – that is, opinions are tested for their consistency with scripture, and scripture is interpreted by the Holy Spirit speaking in scripture.​

Reactions: Cassandra

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are forgetting the truth that Joseph waited until the birth of Jesus before he knew her intimately as his wife so all the argument above is render moot.

Matthew 1:24 Then Joseph being raised from sleep did as the angel of the Lord had bidden him, and took unto him his wife: 25 And knew her not till she had brought forth her firstborn son: and he called his name Jesus.

If God wanted Mary to remain a virgin after the birth of Jesus Christ, God would not have joined Joseph to Mary to be his wife.

Matthew 1:24 Then Joseph being raised from sleep did as the angel of the Lord had bidden him, and took unto him his wife: 25 And knew her not till she had brought forth her firstborn son: and he called his name Jesus.

they were joined only by consent without sex
They sacrificed a lower good of sex for a higher good of bringing our salvation

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If we cannot agree on what is scripture...
It is not us that is complicating scripture! God's Word's help us to recognize our thoughts for what they really are, and how to act (or not act) upon them.

And what is the word of God....
“the Word of God” is used in a number of different ways. It refers to something that God has decreed to come to pass. It is also used of the actual spoken words of God. Words that God has spoken through the prophets can also be called “the Word of God.” Jesus Christ Himself is called the Word of God.

And what the word of God is limited too or not limited too...
“Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct thy paths” (Proverbs 3:5, 6).​

And what is the meaning of the verses...
Look for the single meaning of the passage. Always try to understand what the author had in mind when you interpret a portion of the bible. Don't twist verses to support a meaning that is not clearly taught. Unless the author of a particular book indicates that there is another meaning to what he says, let the passage speak for itself.​

The Bible alone is considered the word of God and the only infallible standard for judging faith and practice; hence, for conservative Protestantism, the analogy of the faith is equivalent to the analogy of scripture – that is, opinions are tested for their consistency with scripture, and scripture is interpreted by the Holy Spirit speaking in scripture.​

now I have a headache!
Is dan 13 scripture?
What scripture was it that came to John in the wilderness Lk 3:2?

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Or stars are not actually what the world teaches they are in public schools.

You are choosing human reasoning over God's Word.

Stars are stars to illuminate. Stars when used symbolically are angels. That is clearly and unequivocally shown in Gods Word.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Genesis 2:24..."Therefore a man leaves his father and his mother and cleaves to his wife, and they become one flesh."

Gen 1:28...And God blessed them, and God said to them, "Be fruitful and multiply, and fill the earth and subdue it;
After they left the garden
The point is you can be married without sex

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Can you imagine my arguing that "sons of God" in Gen 6 obviously refers to men and that therefore the same term in Job 1 must refer to men, as well? To me, it is as obvious that "sons of God" refers to men of faith in Gen 6 as it is obvious that "sons of God" refers to angels in Job 1.

Yes to you and others, after you have added addendums to the word of God that can not be proven. IOW private interpretations.

The context determines the meaning. Even the predominant use of the term for *angels* does not determine its exclusive definition. You determine the meaning of a word from context, because a term does not always have the same meaning!

Yes when a word like aggelos has several meanings we must use context. But show me from a reputrable Hebrew source that shows "bene-Elohim" has another definition other than spirit beings aka angels.

But context does not determine meaning when there is no other usage in other contexts such as "bene-elohim"

Why would Gen 6 use a kind of rare form of a term that more commonly refers to angels? If I was to speculate, I must suggest that it has nothing to do with class of person, such as man or angel, but rather, with a pure association with God as opposed to those who have departed from that association with God. As the angels left their first estate so the children of faith decided to abandon their pristine relationship with God to fraternize with the enemy.

and therein lies your problem. You accept more your own speculations than a simple rendering from the counsel of Scripture. If "bene-Elohim" appeared just here, I would more likely tend to agree with you!

If the phrase "bene_Elohim" was used more than just angels elsewhere in the OT, I would say you have a solid case!

What do you make of the angels who have left their first estate?

They cannot be the ones who sided with Lucifer in the rebellion! The NT says they are free and roaming around the earth, while these angles are chained in darkness awaiting the lake of fire!

So you believe no daughters of Cain were ever righteous? You build an entire fable on one passage that includes daughters of God were not fair, that daughters of men can only refer to daughters of Cain.

You assume no sons of God could be from Cain ever! Where do you get that empirical facts that Scripture does not say? You do do an awful lot of assuming.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I only had one class in Greek, but I look to my brother if I can't find the answers from my own resources, whether online or in my own library. My brother wouldn't say he's an expert either, but he has been working on translating the Bible from the original languages. And he listens to online Greek lessons regularly.

And what lessons in Greek has your brother had! Why do we need another translation? does He feel th erest are heretical or ill written?

Moriah's Song

Sep 6, 2021
Murphy
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
now I have a headache!
Is dan 13 scripture?

now I have a headache!
Take 2 asprin with water; then take a nap.​
Is dan 13 scripture?
Yes! It is between Daniel 12 and Daniel 14.​
Luk 3:2-6...in the high-priesthood of Annas and Ca'iaphas, the word of God came to John the son of Zechari'ah in the wilderness; and he went into all the region about the Jordan, preaching a baptism of repentance for the forgiveness of sins. As it is written in the book of the words of Isaiah the prophet, "The voice of one crying in the wilderness: Prepare the way of the Lord, make his paths straight. Every valley shall be filled, and every mountain and hill shall be brought low, and the crooked shall be made straight, and the rough ways shall be made smooth; and all flesh shall see the salvation of God."

Basically, John came, who baptized in the wilderness and preached the baptism of repentance unto remission of sins. Through John the people realized that God is speaking to them after 400 years had passed in silence. John is the ultimate realization of Isaiah 40:3 because he sets the stage for the Lord’s blessings to come to the exiles. In proclaiming the near appearance of the Messiah's coming, John is the road that leads the nation to blessing and thus to God in Christ. The job of John's voice was to prepare the way for Christ to come.

If you are looking at the term "high-priesthood" in Luke 3, I can tell you it is in NO way a reference to the hierarchy of the Roman Catholic church because the office of the Jewish priesthood ended with Christ being the only high priest who currently is ruling from heaven.

Christ4Me

Jan 6, 2022
Pennsylvania / Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

God never asked that from them nor was it ever written that they made such a sacrifice. You only assume while denying Joseph got to knew Mary after the birth of Jesus Christ and had sons and daughters.

Moriah's Song

Sep 6, 2021
Murphy
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is that your personal opinion or one of those "traditions" of the RCC because that totally contradicts the words of Jesus. Based on statements which you have been making about Mary and Joseph having no children after Jesus is "true heresy" according to scripture even though I do understand the power of indoctrination.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
so you’re saying Adam and we’re not married in the garden?

Once they had sex according ot what Scripture says! It is you who is demanding they were celibate in the garden. They may have been, but nothing in Scripture gives evidence of that! They didn't have children until lafter they were evicted from the garden.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
now I have a headache!
Is dan 13 scripture?
Luk 3:2-6...in the high-priesthood of Annas and Ca'iaphas, the word of God came to John the son of Zechari'ah in the wilderness; and he went into all the region about the Jordan, preaching a baptism of repentance for the forgiveness of sins. As it is written in the book of the words of Isaiah the prophet, "The voice of one crying in the wilderness: Prepare the way of the Lord, make his paths straight. Every valley shall be filled, and every mountain and hill shall be brought low, and the crooked shall be made straight, and the rough ways shall be made smooth; and all flesh shall see the salvation of God."

Basically, John came, who baptized in the wilderness and preached the baptism of repentance unto remission of sins. Through John the people realized that God is speaking to them after 400 years had passed in silence. John is the ultimate realization of Isaiah 40:3 because he sets the stage for the Lord’s blessings to come to the exiles. In proclaiming the near appearance of the Messiah's coming, John is the road that leads the nation to blessing and thus to God in Christ. The job of John's voice was to prepare the way for Christ to come.

If you are looking at the term "high-priesthood" in Luke 3, I can tell you it is in NO way a reference to the hierarchy of the Roman Catholic church because the office of the Jewish priesthood ended with Christ being the only high priest who currently is ruling from heaven.

Daniel ends at chapter 12.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
now I have a headache!
Is dan 13 scripture?

meow! Most fundamentalists stick with the Kjv and say dan 13 & 14 are not scripture

Jesus is not high priest like the Jewish high priest, they were of the order of Levi and Arron, he is high priest according to the order of Melchizedek
Of which the apostles are the low priests

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God never asked that from them nor was it ever written that they made such a sacrifice. You only assume while denying Joseph got to knew Mary after the birth of Jesus Christ and had sons and daughters.

You’re assertions are not in scripture
But Lk 1:34 is in scripture

Mary would not consent to God’s will and to receive the exalted dignity of the mother of God if it means violating her vow of perpetual virginity then why simply consent to relations with Joseph!

That’s impossible!

Lk 1:34 Then said Mary unto the angel, How shall this be, seeing I know not a man?

(This verse imply’s that Mary is consecrated to God alone! and has taken a vow of perpetual virginity! She was s willing to refuse even the exalted dignity of mother of God, the mother of our savior, and mother of all Christians if it means violating Her vow of perpetual virginity)

Status
Not open for further replies.